PDA

View Full Version : Fit quickest tyres automatically

Pink_650S
06-11-2017, 18:50
Could you please make that happen?
It is very frustrating to start a 5 lap race with an inferior tyre compound.
And l dont care for realism, its about quality of life and preventing frustration.

BrandonWright77
06-11-2017, 19:00
So, you can't be bothered to make a few clicks to chose your own tires? The tools to prevent your frustrations are at your fingertips if you're willing to exert the tiniest amount of effort.

banner77amc
06-11-2017, 19:13
This being a sim... I say we put in the effort to chose the right tyre based on the information we have. It takes some time to learn how to cook from scratch but it will taste so much better than the frozen entrée that was just microwaved. So find a recipe and cook up some good racing for yourself.

BrandonWright77
06-11-2017, 19:15
This being a sim... I say we put in the effort to chose the right tyre based on the information we have. It takes some time to learn how to cook from scratch but it will taste so much better than the frozen entrée that was just microwaved. So find a recipe and cook up some good racing for yourself.

Even easier than that since we're talking microwave cooking here. If it's hot, use Hards. If it's cold, use Softs. If it's on dirt, use all-terrain. If it's wet, use Wets. If there's snow, use Snow. Pretty simple. :)

Jaood
06-11-2017, 19:20
Dont try soft slicks.. just useless atm.

FxUK
06-11-2017, 19:33
Could you please make that happen?
It is very frustrating to start a 5 lap race with an inferior tyre compound.
And l dont care for realism, its about quality of life and preventing frustration.

I somewhat agree with this, but only because of the current kerfuffle involved in changing setups 'for the current session'.
Its a pita having to save and apply a new configuration for small / frequent changes such as this.

Personally, I would like to see car setup changes such as tyres and fuel be applied temporarily for that session without the need to actually save anything, just go in, change the tyres, edit the fuel amount and drive. Instead, I have to hit save, think of a fancy name so i can remember it later, perhaps re-load it, because it doesn't always apply.. etc

I think once (if) this is sorted, it won't be as much of an issue.

Also, It would be nice to see what other players / AI cars are running too (inline, in the lobby list) even before hitting the 'ready' button to race.
And whilst I'm thinking of these things, the tyre temp indicator on the hud, could also have a matching color coded outline to show the currently fitted tyres, without having to toggle the telemetry hud just to make sure.

Edit: If anybody has played Motorsport Manager, im thinking similar to this:
https://i.imgur.com/F2fyyIK.jpg

and

https://i.imgur.com/Do7h9K0.png

RoccoTTS
06-11-2017, 19:40
Dont try soft slicks.. just useless atm.

Not always, in cold conditions i'm faster with soft slicks.

Jaood
06-11-2017, 20:39
Just tried Oschersleben C at 4c ambient 0 track and Softs are still half a second slower (GT3 488), i think they broke somewhat with 2.0. Plus they degrade quite fast and tend to overheat in normal race conditions.

MaXyM
06-11-2017, 21:31
A few weeks ago I was racing AM GT3 at Algarve.
I tried loose setup with hard and soft tires. Soft tires, in contrast to hard slicks, makes my car very unstable.
I tested it several times trying to elimitate human factor. But yeah.. there was (is) something wrong with softs.

Fight-Test
06-11-2017, 22:06
I'm opposite, faster on softs in GT3 and LMP2 than I am on hard's even after 10 laps. I can also triple and quadruple stint the softs and the SMS guys said they should only last a few laps for qualification and degrade really fast as the hard tires are the one we are suppose to use. I do back off by about a half a sec to a sec at most during races to conserve. The tire pressures really allow you to make this happen. Your psi and bar are most important, you can do everything to get the tires right using these. Don't even worry about the tire temps unless you see one really spiking or really low. The colored tires are not something I never use but if you go into telemetry the temps across the tires can help you fix setup issues if you have too much heat on one side of tire vs. the other.

Maybe after patch we can get more clarity on this from the devs. I personally was thinking we were back like pcars 1 where the hards were useless because softs always work but from what you guys are saying it might be more parody than I thought.

Pink_650S
06-11-2017, 22:39
So, you can't be bothered to make a few clicks to chose your own tires? The tools to prevent your frustrations are at your fingertips if you're willing to exert the tiniest amount of effort.

Its a simple fix and quality of life change.
Would it bother you?

Jaood
06-11-2017, 22:43
simple fix
As you can see the oppinions of Soft/Hard differ very much, what is this simple fix you are talking about? Best tyres for me are always hard so far, others prefer soft and are faster with them. Optimal tyre depends on so many factors and there is already the automatic choice so what do you want exactly?

Nyreen
06-11-2017, 23:34
Well, everyone pretty much agreed together to say that Monza is a hot track and you should run hard slicks almost everytime (unless poor conditions ofc).

I did my qualifyings on soft compound, as I always do. I set up hard slicks for the 10 laps race, sure it will be the best choice regarding temps/duration.

Car was understeering like a truck, tires were screeching in every corner, was two seconds slower and cannot keep the pole.

Not using hard slicks ever again, until a patch changes something.