PDA

View Full Version : Pcars bashing

jimortality
06-11-2017, 21:47
I'm sick and tired of defending Pcars 2 on other forums by Assetto Corsa fanboy's that haven't even played the game!!!! This is exactly one of the reasons I hate AC. Not only is it a rubbish dull lifeless sim that relies on mods to be any good but it has a horrible community that follow it. They have a snobby elitist attitude that AC is the be all and end all of sim racing and anything else must be crap. If you've played the game and you don't like it, fine! but don't bash it without playing it. Rant over thanks

FrankBN
06-11-2017, 21:56
I like both games, AC for hot lapping and drifting, and PCars2 for racing.

Jaood
06-11-2017, 21:57
Yeah don't read it if it hurts your feelings. I could rant for days about the bugs in this quality product the same damn things that alienated me with pc1, the clowns that "drive" in most online sessions, communication and feedback in this very forum etc pp. That some people have very religious feelings about stuff is entertaining and you should laugh while driving a combo you like :p
Source: have 3,3k hours in AC and enjoy the drama on different forums. I have my fun with pc2 but cant hide that it is the most frustating game i played so far and my hope for SMS to fix it is near nil.

peterCars
06-11-2017, 22:03
I would bash Pcars2 more, but the damage just doesnt show with these damn graphics..... ohhh! :confused:
I am learning though that settings matter and things can be got to work quite well ie often it's my fault in the end and persistence pays. (eg last night when I took the diff locks off and stopped spinning out on exit accelerating).

Raklodder
06-11-2017, 22:03
I may be a bit too passionate and have my issues with Project Cars (2), but I wouldn't bash or give it an unfair review, but yes, the AC community seems a little elitist and harsh to newcomers.

I'm not just pulling that out of my *beep* when I asked for help and got instantly flooded with "google is your friend" and "low iq" comments (not that I ever get offended) just seemed a bit unreal.

rich1e I
06-11-2017, 22:13
I know that discussion on the AC forums, I also know that RD "review" and I must say respect to you guys for speaking your mind against an army of biased people, but honestly, you're tilting at windmills. The thing is, what did you expect from a PC2 thread on the AC forums? There might be a few people judging PC2 objectively, but the rest just feels provoked.

Keena
06-11-2017, 22:22
Those who are the most aggressive and volatile are often the most insecure. To argue with people like that is just to provide them with the oxygen they need to avoid self examination. Count to ten, inner smile and a bland comment normally keeps the toys in the pram while you extricate yourself :)

jimortality
06-11-2017, 22:26
I know that discussion on the AC forums, I also know that RD "review" and I must say respect to you guys for speaking your mind against an army of biased people, but honestly, you're tilting at windmills. The thing is, what did you expect from a PC2 thread on the AC forums? There might be a few people judging PC2 objectively, but the rest just feels provoked.

Lol don't get me started on that RD review. Is there a latest sales update for Pcars 2?

rich1e I
06-11-2017, 22:44
Lol don't get me started on that RD review. Is there a latest sales update for Pcars 2?

That review was an absolute joke, and if someone tells me he really really REALLY wants the game to be good right at the very beginning of the review, then you can be sure he really really REALLY just wants you to buy that clear lie. RD posted a nice foto in September from the Simracing EXPO at the Nürburgring together with Stefano and some other AC guys. Sure, they just bumped into each other, but there must be some kind of friendship and the review clearly reflected that.

jimortality
06-11-2017, 23:07
That review was an absolute joke, and if someone tells me he really really REALLY wants the game to be good right at the very beginning of the review, then you can be sure he really really REALLY just wants you to buy that clear lie. RD posted a nice foto in September from the Simracing EXPO at the Nürburgring together with Stefano and some other AC guys. Sure, they just bumped into each other, but there must be some kind of friendship and the review clearly reflected that.

Agreed but unfortunately that was always going to be the review I was expecting. As soon as I saw the article I knew exactly what it would be like. Ever since they allowed the AC modding community over from the official forum it's gone downhill in my opinion. It makes you wonder why they got moved away from the official site. I don't mind If people have put some time into the game and they don't like it but when you get the AC brigade over in a thread that's not even about their beloved game then it just annoys me. I don't go into their threads and try to be an arse, I've got no interest in ac.

Ixoye56
06-11-2017, 23:21
Why do you care about what they think ?

jimortality
06-11-2017, 23:44
Why do you care about what they think ?

I don't, I just expect fairness across the board.

McKiernan
06-11-2017, 23:53
Agreed but unfortunately that was always going to be the review I was expecting. As soon as I saw the article I knew exactly what it would be like. Ever since they allowed the AC modding community over from the official forum it's gone downhill in my opinion. It makes you wonder why they got moved away from the official site. I don't mind If people have put some time into the game and they don't like it but when you get the AC brigade over in a thread that's not even about their beloved game then it just annoys me. I don't go into their threads and try to be an arse, I've got no interest in ac.

I think Mark Twain said it best when he said "Never argue with fools, they will just drag you to their level & beat you with experience"

martymoose
07-11-2017, 00:03
I'm sick and tired of defending Pcars 2 on other forums by Assetto Corsa fanboy's that haven't even played the game!!!! This is exactly one of the reasons I hate AC. Not only is it a rubbish dull lifeless sim that relies on mods to be any good but it has a horrible community that follow it. They have a snobby elitist attitude that AC is the be all and end all of sim racing and anything else must be crap. If you've played the game and you don't like it, fine! but don't bash it without playing it. Rant over thanks

Lol so you are sick of seeing people bash PC2 in other forums and you start an AC bashing thread in the PC forum. :confused:

Those who are the most aggressive and volatile are often the most insecure. To argue with people like that is just to provide them with the oxygen they need to avoid self examination. Count to ten, inner smile and a bland comment normally keeps the toys in the pram while you extricate yourself :)

This would describe the OP pretty well.

jimortality
07-11-2017, 00:09
Lol so you are sick of seeing people bash PC2 in other forums and you start an AC bashing thread in the PC forum. :confused:

This would describe the OP pretty well.

Where have I bashed AC? I don't happen to like it but I haven't bashed it, only the fan boys that follow it. I don't think you've understood what I've been saying and you've just come in to start an argument.

Lplate
07-11-2017, 00:17
Assetto Corsa fanboy's are the SJWs of the race sim communities

martymoose
07-11-2017, 00:30
Where have I bashed AC? I don't happen to like it but I haven't bashed it, only the fan boys that follow it. I don't think you've understood what I've been saying and you've just come in to start an argument.

Did you read your own post.

This is exactly one of the reasons I hate AC. Not only is it a rubbish dull lifeless sim that relies on mods to be any good

If thats not bashing I dont know what is. Hypocrisy to such a laughable level and most here just join in with you which is quite entertaining.

Dresden
07-11-2017, 00:57
I read the review when it came out and the OP is really lucky it was only a 'very general feel' review that basically said the game was miles away from a final polished state. And that is really where the game is at. Just imagine what would have happened if the website posted a full review. The poor OP might have had a stroke.

The members at that website are very opinionated people, I will grant you that, and it is better to just stay away.

But I have also seen similar things over here as well- threads being shut down for the threat of being 'negative'. Closed minded people are everywhere.

Andrew_WOT
07-11-2017, 01:00
OP, look what you have done, by creating thread about other forums bashing pCars, you essentially made pCars bashing thread on pCars support forum.
Well done, sir. :applause:

jimortality
07-11-2017, 01:01
AC fanboys are like dog shit, they get everywhere! They've now infiltrated pcars forum, is there no where safe from these snobs.

jimortality
07-11-2017, 01:03
OP, look what you have done, by creating thread about other forums bashing pCars, you essentially made pCars bashing thread on pCars support forum.
Well done, sir. :applause:

Yes I've seen you on another site bashing pcars, keyboard warrior alert!

Andrew_WOT
07-11-2017, 01:06
AC fanboys are like dog shit, they get everywhere! They've now infiltrated pcars forum, is there no where safe from these snobs.

Jumping off a bridge is an option.

jimortality
07-11-2017, 01:08
Jumping off a bridge is an option.

Classy

Dresden
07-11-2017, 01:14
You hate AC because other people have not played PC2??? Where does this thinking come from?

Here is an idea- Let others have their opinions and just let everybody enjoy whatever games they play.

Andrew_WOT
07-11-2017, 01:20
Yes I've seen you on another site bashing pcars, keyboard warrior alert!

Are you that guy who use abundance of memes as argument on RD forum.
Well, guess you'll like this one then

martymoose
07-11-2017, 01:29

Honestly your the exact sort of poster that gives all sim forums a bad name, maybe moderators here will have an issue with my post but yours is fine with the name calling and swearing. :yes:

Also a tip for you many people have and play most sims, there is no need to be married to just 1 and if someone likes something else then fine. As long as there are enough devs making games/sims for us then there should be something for everyone.

Krus Control
07-11-2017, 01:33
Assetto has good physics. Especially kinetic friction and drifting are simulated really well.

But the FFB is absolutely worthless. I couldn't believe how utterly useless it is. I tried every combination under the sun and it never felt anything like a real car. I returned it.

But when I say this to Assetto guys they're just like "You didn't set it up right. Source: 4000hrs in Assetto." I tried absolutely everything and nothing came close.

Unless you have a direct drive wheel running off of sim commander I'd say just steer clear of that game.

In PCARS 2 the FFB is so, so good even on the default settings. It's beyond what I ever imagined before playing this game. This is the thing that I'm the most impressed with in the game.

I do sim racing to get better at real driving. In PCARS 2 I have my FFB indistinguishable from my actual car, a GT86, which I extensively tested and compared in game and in real life. And with it dialed in I can't see anything that differs from reality in the FFB or physics. I know that not all cars feel great but the GT86 is perfect.

In Assetto the FFB is so bad, though, that I doubt you could improve your real life driving by much.

The big thing that transfers from sim to real life is hand speed and "sure handedness". Once you get really good in a sim you start to get in situations where your hands are moving or flailing around furiously but it's as if you're just calmly holding the wheel. You can catch huge slides and make big saves without thinking. And as a result you can take more ambitious lines more often with less worries of losing control. I've crossed the line so far in real life, but since I'm doing it in the sim all the time I catch it like it's nothing.

But if your FFB is off you won't learn these skills properly and that is going to bite you in the @55 if you try to rely on it in the same way.

Ian Bell
07-11-2017, 01:35
Keep it gentle guys. We don't mind discussion of other games but we won't allow abuse of individuals.

jimortality
07-11-2017, 01:57
You hate AC because other people have not played PC2??? Where does this thinking come from?

Here is an idea- Let others have their opinions and just let everybody enjoy whatever games they play.

Seriously! I bought AC early access when it first came out, next!

1nterceptor
07-11-2017, 02:14
Everyone will be happy if there is ver3 update:o

OzzyNeil
07-11-2017, 04:51
None of this bickering would exist if a developer would just make a complete sim,instead of all these half arsed efforts. They know what we want but they just don't seem to want to do it,maybe so they can flog us the next new and improved.version for another $80. BTW im bashing all sims.

LukeC
07-11-2017, 05:24

So what else is new. AC community calling PCars community toxic and vice-verse. Going to forums to bash other sims and to argue over ffb and physics minutia is actually a huge part of the attraction that sim racing offers to many people.

Personally I've always given it a wide berth, and I'm not a "one sim for life" kind of guy anyway, so for me it's a great source of entertainmen. Kind of like the Simpsons or stand up comedy.

honespc
07-11-2017, 06:04
I guess that If I came here and say that driving and drifting, specially drifting on most road cars in project cars 2 puts assetto corsa to shame makes me a project cars 2 fanboy, was it.

The problem with pc2 is that they have lied us all again. The game has so many issues at a basic level that it obviously puts off legions of folks on a daily basics. Have you for instance gone online and and try finding anything else that is not a damn boring GT3 rave full of scrubs?; are there any road car/ club racing, weather conditioned races/ lobbies?, there simply isn't any lobby about that. Why is this?, because the game continues to be so unfriendly and nightmarish to gamepad users when playing any other car that is not a GT3 or kinda GT1 car. And please spare me the lecture about this game being now optimized to be played with a pad in road cars too because I may begin laughing so hard and have an Alien Ian Bell chestbuster spawn off my chest.

If this game didn't have issues like the setup screen being something that goes beyond any understanding as to why it had to be done the way it is, as well as the bugs that plague it then, imho, this game would have been best racing option at the moment. There's also other critical issues like weather not being the same for everybody online.

Some of you need to understand that for most people, having some kind of car behaviour during qualy for then jump in the race and see how it behaves completely different just because they didn't reload the previous setup usually comes as a very mind souring experience. Issues like this can not be tolerated, specially after having 7 months in a row of supposed in depth QA. It's that simple.

I'm quite confident to say that if all the issues with setup/setup screen and weather synch were fixed, the game would be still played by many folks.

OperatorWay
07-11-2017, 06:22

If you're a coffee lover, do you 'defend' coffee, and argue with tea lovers who hate coffee, and bash tea lovers if you don't like tea yourself? See how silly that sounds?

Why does anybody ever feel like 'defending' a video game? Either you like a game, or you don't. Either they like a game, or they don't. Why bother trying to change anybody else's mind about a video game (and how often does that ever really work on the internet)? Just enjoy your coffee while they enjoy their tea, and live & let live.

If someone hates a game you love, even if it's for reasons you don't understand, why do you care? If someone loves a game you hate, even if it's for reasons you don't understand, why do you care? Play what you enjoy & let others play what they enjoy. There's no need to justify why you enjoy or don't enjoy a video game. There's no need to convince others why they should or shouldn't enjoy a video game. There's certainly no need to be unpleasant (or even hostile) to other gamers about video games. To each, their own.

The old 'your game sucks & my game is better' spat is so childish. Isn't everyone tired of the same old 'fanboys vs. haters' wars? Similar things you said about other games' communities have also been said about this game's community. Nearly every game & its community has a bad reputation with competing games' communities (Gran Turismo fans vs. Forza fans, Call of Duty fans vs. BattleField fans, etc.). It can look especially silly when competing games in the same genre have more commonalities than differences: every sim-like motorsport game has much of the same content (same cars & same tracks) & most of the same modes (race, practice, time-trial).

Please stop 'defending' any game - you only make your game & community look even worse to those who already have a bad opinion about your game & community. You're not evangelizing converts or 'winning hearts & minds.' You're only living up to the negative stereotype they've already contrived about your game & community, and you're just giving them another excuse to hate your game & community.

Dresden
07-11-2017, 06:30
Race Department has a very strong AC community so it was not surprising to see the fans comment the way they did. Best thing the OP can do is just move on and enjoy playing the game he enjoys. Many people here absolutely love PC2, way more than I do on my horrible Xbox copy, but my thoughts on this game do not affect anybody else at all. Get on and start racing!

I leave my concern in my sig. SMS can choose to address the problem, or just get on with making money!

Konan
07-11-2017, 06:37
I guess that If I came here and say that driving and drifting, specially drifting on most road cars in project cars 2 puts assetto corsa to shame makes me a project cars 2 fanboy, was it.

The problem with pc2 is that they have lied us all again. The game has so many issues at a basic level that it obviously puts off legions of folks on a daily basics. Have you for instance gone online and and try finding anything else that is not a damn boring GT3 rave full of scrubs?; are there any road car/ club racing, weather conditioned races/ lobbies?, there simply isn't any lobby about that. Why is this?, because the game continues to be so unfriendly and nightmarish to gamepad users when playing any other car that is not a GT3 or kinda GT1 car. And please spare me the lecture about this game being now optimized to be played with a pad in road cars too because I may begin laughing so hard and have an Alien Ian Bell chestbuster spawn off my chest.

If this game didn't have issues like the setup screen being something that goes beyond any understanding as to why it had to be done the way it is, as well as the bugs that plague it then, imho, this game would have been best racing option at the moment. There's also other critical issues like weather not being the same for everybody online.

Some of you need to understand that for most people, having some kind of car behaviour during qualy for then jump in the race and see how it behaves completely different just because they didn't reload the previous setup usually comes as a very mind souring experience. Issues like this can not be tolerated, specially after having 7 months in a row of supposed in depth QA. It's that simple.

I'm quite confident to say that if all the issues with setup/setup screen and weather synch were fixed, the game would be still played by many folks.

Shouldn't you have posted this on the AC forums?
You did in almost every thread over here so it's really getting old...

Sankyo
07-11-2017, 06:45
IMO the best thing about the pCARS community has always been that it is open-minded and a (big) step above the rabid fanboy culture that unfortunately is part of the sim racing community. Let's keep it this way. As said above already, getting verbally aggressive and insulting towards people you don't know because you like one computer game better than another is just silly, and the arguments that are commonly used to bash one game and decelare the other holy (physics fidelity, developer motives etc.) are so full of ignorance and pre-occupation that arguing is a total waste of time.

However hard it is (I know, I've been there), when opinions, statements and arguments get into the bizzarre zone, it's no rational discussion anymore and just group culture of people enjoying to wind up outsiders. You'll never win them over no matter how right and factual your arguments are, they're part of a group and they've spent so much time, effort and credibility into being part of it there's nothing you can say to change their way of thinking. The best (and only) thing anyone can do is create your own community that isn't like theirs. I hope it can be this community :)

V3nom
07-11-2017, 06:45
Well to be fair, every single word oh his is right. I myself have put the game on the shelf 5 days ago and it's staying there until the patch comes out. The game has become unbelievably frustrating to play being plagued by so many bugs destroying simple tasks in this game..I was kind of defending the devs on this but the more you play the more you realise that this game in it's state shouldn't be on the shelf of any store.

Bealdor
07-11-2017, 06:47
IMO the best thing about the pCARS community has always been that it is open-minded and a (big) step above the rabid fanboy culture that unfortunately is part of the sim racing community. Let's keep it this way. As said above already, getting verbally aggressive and insulting towards people you don't know because you like one computer game better than another is just silly, and the arguments that are commonly used to bash one game and decelare the other holy (physics fidelity, developer motives etc.) are so full of ignorance and pre-occupation that arguing is a total waste of time.

However hard it is (I know, I've been there), when opinions, statements and arguments get into the bizzarre zone, it's no rational discussion anymore and just group culture of people enjoying to wind up outsiders. You'll never win them over no matter how right and factual your arguments are, they're part of a group and they've spent so much time, effort and credibility into being part of it there's nothing you can say to change their way of thinking. The best (and only) thing anyone can do is create your own community that isn't like theirs. I hope it can be this community :)

Konan
07-11-2017, 06:50
Well to be fair, every single word oh his is right. I myself have put the game on the shelf 5 days ago and it's staying there until the patch comes out. The game has become unbelievably frustrating to play being plagued by so many bugs destroying simple tasks in this game..I was kind of defending the devs on this but the more you play the more you realise that this game in it's state shouldn't be on the shelf of any store.

That might be true in your view but contrary to what the title says this is not a thread for bashing Pcars...
It's also not one to concern your griefs or post your issues...there are ample threads to do this in and that was my initial point: he already did in most of them...

honespc
07-11-2017, 06:51
hahah I've been warned for that post. Very much expected.

@_OP: I've been at the assetto corsa and RD fora and you're right, they behave like that. But have you ever wondered what the situation over here could be?, that's right man! straight away the same.

Just enjoy the game you like. To me pc2 is better than assetto in every aspect (Factory Cars driving) but the force feedback. However, the issues with pc2 have literally killed it community wise already when being two months old only. That is so sad, and could have been avoided with another extra year of ironing things out instead of launching this world beta testing program we are into right now.

OperatorWay
07-11-2017, 06:54
IMO the best thing about the pCARS community has always been that it is open-minded and a (big) step above the rabid fanboy culture...

I think almost every game's community would say that same thing about itself, and I think almost every game's community would also spit their drink out laughing in utter disbelief if they saw a competing game's community say that about itself. ;)

Every group thinks their group is better than competing groups, and every group thinks competing groups are out of their flippin' minds.

Sankyo
07-11-2017, 07:03
I think almost every game's community would say that same thing about itself, and I think almost every game's community would also spit their drink out laughing in utter disbelief if they saw a competing game's community say that about itself. ;)
And I think you're wrong about that :) There are groups out there that cannot state this about themselves with dry eyes, as we say here. The venom towards (certain) other games, as indicated in the OP, is way beyond "yeah we like our favourite game better but we see the strong points of your favourite game too"...

Konan
07-11-2017, 07:07
But have you ever wondered what the situation over here could be?, that's right man! straight away the same.

Show me one post where the staff or mods have been spitting venom on other games like it happens over there...

jimortality
07-11-2017, 07:14
You're all missing my point. I like other sims, raceroom and ams but I'm only defending against people that haven't played pcars 2 and their only agenda is to slag off the game on other people's say so.

Sankyo
07-11-2017, 07:18
This is exactly one of the reasons I hate AC. Not only is it a rubbish dull lifeless sim that relies on mods to be any good but it has a horrible community that follow it.

If thats not bashing I dont know what is.
IMO that's not bashing, but stating an opinion. The wording is a bit harsh, but it's not bashing just because he can.

AC fanboys are like dog shit, they get everywhere!
Now this is bashing, and that has no place on these forums.

OperatorWay
07-11-2017, 07:23
IMO that's not bashing, but stating an opinion...

I wonder how long a post would last on this forum if it said: "Not only is PCARS2 a rubbish dull lifeless sim, but it has a horrible community that follow it." ;)

Sankyo
07-11-2017, 07:26
I wonder how long a post would last on this forum if it said: "Not only is PCARS2 a rubbish dull lifeless sim, but it has a horrible community that follow it." ;)
That depends on the discussion that follows it, not on the posting itself. And any personal attacks following it would be moderated.

boris_s.
07-11-2017, 07:27
and what about iracing? :D the AC fanboys are just to poor to play iracing :D i mean this "my sim is better than yours" shit is going to nowhere... it is like xbox vs. playstation, apple vs. samsung etc etc. its everywhere the same ;) so calm down. fanboys are everywhere.

Sankyo
07-11-2017, 07:30
and what about iracing? :D the AC fanboys are just to poor to play iracing :D i mean this "my sim is better than yours" shit is going to nowhere... it is like xbox vs. playstation, apple vs. samsung etc etc. its everywhere the same ;) so calm down. fanboys are everywhere.

Yes. But my posting was better than yours :p

Anyway, let's not spend time any more on this, thread closed.

Konan
07-11-2017, 07:31
Yes. But my posting was better than yours :p

...LOL...