PDA

View Full Version : T300 / PS4 - Wheel randomly freezes and stops responding

chops13
08-11-2017, 06:16
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with my T300 and/or project cars 2 regarding this issue

Freezing and stops responding: The T300 will randomly cease stop responding to all inputs including the wheel buttons, pedals, steering, options button (everything). It happens on track, in the pits during menus, before entering a race in the main game options areas. The PS4 does not advise 'controller disconnected' message for the wheel. While on track if this occurs all inputs will freeze and remain static, such as the gas at 60% application and the wheel turned 20 degrees, this will remain the case until I power off the wheel via the power plug. Once I turn the wheel back on and reselect the user profile to be used by the wheel I can continue on from the point in which the car had stopped.

What I think I know:
- unrelated to patch 2.0, this started happening within the last 2 weeks.
- I don't think this is related to other peripherals plugged into the secondary USB port as it happens with and without a keyboard controller plugged in
- I was wondering if the freezing was triggered by a specific key press on the keyboard controller but I cannot seem to recreate the issue this way
- A standard ps4 controller is in use for voice chat however it is not connected to any usb port
- There is no USB hub being used
- I don't think it is track specific. Happened recently at indy and road america
- I don't think it is car specific. Happened with dallara and 911 gt3
- I rebuilt the PS4 database which did not solve the problem
- I deleted the project cars user profile in the data management area of PS4 because I was having a different crazy issue regarding wheel and pedal inputs which has now been resolved by deleting the user profile and relaunching the game which created a new user profile. I did however lose all of my driving stats except the license rating
- I updated the t300 firmware to the lastest yesterday. I believe it was v27.

Anyone else have any ideas or experiencing anything similar?

SGETI
08-11-2017, 13:50
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thrustmaster-t300rs-random-button-presses-issue.364206/

Killg0re NL
19-11-2017, 19:34
I had an ackward problem aswell. (Controller disconnected)

I think it was the PS-500Gb (release version.) With a new type T300 base. My collegue has my rim. And no problem yet. I had no issues with his older version rim on my original PS4. In the mean time i upgraded the Ps4 to a PS4-pro. Now waiting for an oppurtunity to switch the wheel bases back.

Killg0re NL
03-12-2017, 15:03
It has been a while, but some testing has been done.

It looks like, in my specific case, the problem was related with an new model T300 base and an old model PS4-500Gb was the issue. Since racing with an PS4pro and he new model T300 base unit i didn't encounter any problem yet.

V3nom
03-12-2017, 15:33
I didn't encounter any problem either. PS4-500GB(it even is a PS4 release console from back in the days :D) and T300 alcantara.
Hope you are having fun now! :)

chops13
10-12-2017, 20:10
Update - December 10, 2017. Thrustmaster was naturally of course no help. I will never buy TM again after their ignorant customer service, they really have no idea, they suggest the same solution to me twice and it takes them 3+ weeks to respond each time.

Anyway, the problem turns out to be faulty pins inside the thrustmaster usb connector. I noticed giggling the cable triggered the event sometimes, so I hacked off the end and wired a new end on. Everything is good since then.

Dinos
10-12-2017, 21:44
Update - December 10, 2017. Thrustmaster was naturally of course no help. I will never buy TM again after their ignorant customer service, they really have no idea, they suggest the same solution to me twice and it takes them 3+ weeks to respond each time.

Anyway, the problem turns out to be faulty pins inside the thrustmaster usb connector. I noticed giggling the cable triggered the event sometimes, so I hacked off the end and wired a new end on. Everything is good since then.
Maybe the faulty pins are on the base of the wheel where you connect the power cable.