PDA

View Full Version : Formular C setup help

sparky89
09-11-2017, 04:07
Hello all currently on the second race of Formular C for the career mode.

Struggling to gain i feel like the car isn't AS fast as the A.I I'm staggering around 8th to 10th place.

I make great gains with in each lap but it isn't enough. I feel the gears need to be shorter and the braking needs to be sharper.

I'm still learning the whole edit thing, so any surgestions on making the car more accelerated and sharper braking would be great thank you.

Track Donington ( my local ).

Kicius_PL
09-11-2017, 06:14
Don't know about gearbox and brakes setup becouse they are fine to me, but there is bug with tires in formula c, on slicks it's very unstable, change tires to wet (no metter weather conditions) works great cor is getting extra grip on wet tires even on dry surfaces and becomes very easy and stable in control.

Jaood
09-11-2017, 06:43
Try low downforce.

sisollazzo
09-11-2017, 07:00
You have to change gears as less as possible. When you change the gear you loose speed.

Bliman
10-11-2017, 00:16
I haven't driven Donington.
But one thing I have learned (from Blinkngone here) is that you can change the gear setup so that you don't have to use all the gears.
Why don't you balance the gears so that you only use 4 gears on the track, that will help.
And don't change the downforce if you feel you need it, the little you will gain you loose by loss of traction.

Jaood
10-11-2017, 17:21
Ihaven't driven Donington.
But one thing I have learned (from Blinkngone here) is that you can change the gear setup so that you don't have to use all the gears.
With 4.33 you need 3-6 on the national and 2-6 in gp layout at least for me. If i shift at optimal point (i hope, at 1-2 second led i match 202 hp in both gears) i would try to utilize every gear apart first. Got any more info on that?

And don't change the downforce if you feel you need it, the little you will gain you loose by loss of traction.
I just did some wrs including donnington national in just some laps with 1/1 df. Im no alien, you guys all use way too much downforce. It only induces massive drag and at donny for example there is exactly 1 corner i would need more than 1/1 and thats the bottom righthander and even there i dont gain more than a tenth changing from 1/1 to 6/6. Downforce on this type of cars is way overrated although the tyres are kinda small i bet without looking into telemetry (too lazy to setup that for now) that almost all of the grip will come from the rubber.
As always im interested to learn here so if someone can correct me please do so.

blinkngone
10-11-2017, 18:24
With 4.33 you need 3-6 on the national and 2-6 in gp layout at least for me. If i shift at optimal point (i hope, at 1-2 second led i match 202 hp in both gears) i would try to utilize every gear apart first. Got any more info on that?

I just did some wrs including donnington national in just some laps with 1/1 df. Im no alien, you guys all use way too much downforce. It only induces massive drag and at donny for example there is exactly 1 corner i would need more than 1/1 and thats the bottom righthander and even there i dont gain more than a tenth changing from 1/1 to 6/6. Downforce on this type of cars is way overrated although the tyres are kinda small i bet without looking into telemetry (too lazy to setup that for now) that almost all of the grip will come from the rubber.
As always im interested to learn here so if someone can correct me please do so.

Hi Jaood. I am assuming your tag is Kovacs. At the time I obtained the best Bathurst setup the person was using more downforce than your 1:1 current WR. At Donington National you have the current WR and the person in 2nd uses more downforce than you. When I get the setups(from PC TT) for the people on consoles who request them because they can't get setups for their systems, the best I can do is use the WR at the time, I can't test their setups. It's almost inevitable with the game in it's early stages that someone will come along with a better setup, as you have done, and this additional knowledge can be passed along. I don't know if you are an Alien but your times are very good, try Brands Hatch GP, there are people I am more familiar with there who are very good.

Jaood
10-11-2017, 20:45
You do good work for the console guys :)
I really think low downforce is the way to go with this car, set a time at brands hatch with 0/0.

Bliman
10-11-2017, 23:18

I see from the previous post that you are very very good.
So probably your advice is spot on.
I was talking about Bathurst because I was not competitive.
So I posted here for help.
One of the reasons I did that was because the AI appeared much faster on the straight and I could not get the gearing good.
I tried to lower the downforce but I got understeer (maybe I didn't practice enough) and I only gained a few km/h.
Then I changed the whole setup with the one blinkngone has given me (thanks) and I began getting competitve (against the AI mind you) with good turning ability and very good gearing.
So maybe you are right about the downforce and I confused the understeer with not enough practice under my belt.
But let's say we appreciate all the help we can get.

blinkngone
11-11-2017, 09:39
You do good work for the console guys :)
I really think low downforce is the way to go with this car, set a time at brands hatch with 0/0.

Congratulations Jaood/Kovaacs! No doubt now you are the resident super ALIEN for the Formula C class on PC.:cool: Maybe someday, with your help, more people will come to enjoy the Formula C class.

Jaood
11-11-2017, 11:10
Ahem ok thanks. :o Hope to help here and there