PDA

View Full Version : Replay saving bug on PS4 - smaller than 1 GB but cut off

Sessionerror
09-11-2017, 06:02
Looks like there is a replay saving bug on PS4: Some community members reported that replays of longer races can't be saved. Or to be more precise: They can be saved, but they are cut off somewhere in the 40 minutes area.

First, I thought this has to do with the existent 1 GB limit on PS4. However, 40 minutes + x seems to be quite short to reach the 1 GB limit, especially compared to Project CARS 1. So yesterday, one member finally investigated the replay sizes in detail and it looks like a single replay on PS4 can't be bigger than 264,9 MB. Anything bigger is simply being cut off.

I'm pretty sure this is not intended and you can see a screenshot attached that shows two replay files with this exact size. Both are from longer races (more than one hour each) and were cut off after saving.

Renoldo1990
09-11-2017, 08:41
Same here.

It's limited to 264,9 MB (Odd Number?).

I can't save a single full Replay of my Races as i don't participate in Races shorter than 1 hour in general.

Please raise the 264,9 MB to the 1GB PS4-Limit. So you could save races with a duration of at least 2,5 hours.

bulls23
09-11-2017, 12:36
Same here...1GB isn't much already since all the setups and screen shots are there too and even if I delete previous replays I still can't save a whole race. I that file size is some kind of Sony file limit, maybe you could at least split the replays into multiple files.

RacedriverTim
09-11-2017, 14:49
Please raise the 264,9 MB to the 1GB PS4-Limit. So you could save races with a duration of at least 2,5 hours.

I think ~2,5 hours/1GB should be actually enough for the vast majority of races. No matter if it's League Racing or just some kind of fun racing. The urgent questions are, why is it only 264,9 MB? A bug? Will it be fixed in the next patch (patch 3.0)?

Sessionerror
10-11-2017, 05:50
I don't think these 264,9 MB are a Sony file limit, since we were able to save replay files up to 1 GB in pCARS 1. I guess it's a bug and SMS will fix it, now that they know (at least I hope so :D ). In case the bug wasn't known until now, I wouldn't expect a fix for patch 3.0 though.

Renoldo1990
08-12-2017, 15:21
Hey,

Unfortunately with Patch 3.0 it's still impossible to save Replays of longer races.

At Project Cars 1 the members of our Community did some stunning videos after the races.
For Example this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMd14-OZUPw

At Project Cars 2 it's not possible anymore because nobody can save the replay after the race.
Isn't there any possibility to solve this issue? :(

bulls23
08-12-2017, 21:24
Just finished a 70 minutes race and checked for the first time since Patch 3.01 on PS4...same as before, replay ends at 264,9MB no matter what. In this case it's about an hour long, with only 9 cars. With a full grid, they usually end at 3x minutes.

stucar17
18-02-2018, 05:45
So is there actually an answer as to why this happens ....

SMS ????
anyone ????

Killg0re NL
18-02-2018, 07:31
Yesterday i had some long races. 2x40mins. I wad able to save the first replay. I wasn't able to save the second replay.
Also the 1Gb limit notification.

stucar17
19-02-2018, 10:18
we have been getting the same thing for our leagues......We run 5x45min races so have been missing the last 5th of the replays.

I Deleted all replays, more than a little frustrating when there is an incident that needs our stewards group to have a look at and you find out its lap 28 of 30 and the replay stops on lap 24 !

Next thing will be to ask all our drivers to make any mistakes in the first 4/5th of the race just so we can see what happened.

Still no response from anyone as to why..... its only been 29 hrs though !

Sankyo
19-02-2018, 10:42
The devs are looking into this, but currently it seems like a PS4 limitation after all.

Sessionerror
19-02-2018, 11:30
The devs are looking into this, but currently it seems like a PS4 limitation after all.

Thank you for the update! :) In Project CARS 1 though, the limit seems to have been 1 GB...so if there is a possibility to increase the replay size from 264,9 MB in Project CARS 2 to 1 GB, I guess that would already be a massive improvement ;)

stucar17
19-02-2018, 23:19

i dont understand how it can be a PS4 limitation.....shouldnt it be limited by space available on the PS4 hard drive ? (not a dig, a genuine question !)

bulls23
26-02-2018, 11:33

I remember GT6 did cut off replays at around 45 minutes and if the race was longer you ended up with multiple replay files for one race. I guess that might be a way of working around a maximum file size limitation on the PS4.

Renoldo1990
04-03-2018, 12:24
Any news on this?

It's still quite amendable that we can't save full Replays for League-Races.

In other Racing-Games on PS4 it's possible to save replays bigger than 264.9mMB , too.

bulls23
19-04-2018, 09:26
I just found out, the limitation exists on XBOX too. I also read it might be due to a size limitation in the cloud, not allowing file sizes above 256 MB. I then realized the PS4 replays can be synchronized via PS+ too...is that the actual reason for the 264,9 MB limit?

mea_culpa
19-04-2018, 09:49
In addition to the limit on replay duration the GUI to handle replays needs to be improved. In an era where everything is thought bo be smart (easy to use, easy to handle) I didn't yet understand the logic used by SMS on making almost everything complicated in the game providing a so unfriendly GUI to handle an easy feature such as replays (made by few controls such as, rewind, forward, change camera view and car). Is so difficult to improve the GUI allowing to handle replays using PAD keys not needing to open a menu, move on that, select the proper control (e.g. change camera view), press X button and finally close the menu? Not to mention that the focused icon is very very hard to see even in my 55" TV (a blue rectangle almost 1 pixel width around the control icon). Rewind and forward hot keys are available with L2 and R2 (no need to open a menu to select them). It's enough to add hot keys for camera view (e.g. square button) and car selection (e.g. DPAD UP/DOWN) and voilą replay handling finally easy to use. Change camera view hot key is available during a race or watching a race but missing in replay (where it should be a must to have).
I know that the current GUI replay handling cannot be considered a bug, but overal all such kind of unfriendly features make users bored or even frustraited. I hope SMS will consider such kind of easy to implement improvement on the next patches.

wyldanimal
25-04-2018, 23:12
Added a Post here
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62795-Replays-only-save-40mins&p=1504655&viewfull=1#post1504655

simsimsheree
30-04-2018, 05:23

If PC1 allowed far bigger replay saves, correct me if I'm wrong, but that ran on a PS4 as well, right?!

So how is this a PS4 issue? If the devs are looking into this, how about one of them posting with a brief explanation of the difference between PC1 and 2?

It really doesn't seem fair to simply leave the entire console base hanging with no explanation for quite a major change in capability.

giulianbu
11-05-2018, 18:06
You guys too happen to you that after a race the replays show the cars all stopped and time runs? can you solve this bug please?

simsimsheree
15-05-2018, 11:08
I wonder what the response time to this issue would be if the PC players could only save 30 min or so of a replay?

I bet a bloody sight faster than this endless wait for it to be addressed on the consoles..!

We have to face facts guys. All the console versions of this game are is a cash cow to fund the PC game. We get shafted time after time with missing features, half features, unadressed major bugs, and we pay the same price as the PC game, for what?

SMS wants us to take this game seriously as a sim... Well, tell us this: How can you run a league or a room without the ability to go back and look at replays of protests? I guess we are 'simming' 30 minute races or less, right? :cower:

Zaskarspants
15-05-2018, 11:44
I wonder what the response time to this issue would be if the PC players could only save 30 min or so of a replay?

I bet a bloody sight faster than this endless wait for it to be addressed on the consoles..!

We have to face facts guys. All the console versions of this game are is a cash cow to fund the PC game. We get shafted time after time with missing features, half features, unadressed major bugs, and we pay the same price as the PC game, for what?

SMS wants us to take this game seriously as a sim... Well, tell us this: How can you run a league or a room without the ability to go back and look at replays of protests? I guess we are 'simming' 30 minute races or less, right? :cower:

Are you not able to do DVR like XBX?

simsimsheree
23-05-2018, 02:00
I don't know... But DVR isn't replay. You can't watch incidents from other cars' viewpoints, can't watch the race from your choice of view afterwards, it's a whole different thing.

You can't steward a race if the only view you have is your own.

Zaskarspants
23-05-2018, 10:38
I don't know... But DVR isn't replay. You can't watch incidents from other cars' viewpoints, can't watch the race from your choice of view afterwards, it's a whole different thing.

You can't steward a race if the only view you have is your own.

Perhaps you should check as it will offer a partial solution to your problem and you can also keep the replays permanently.

simsimsheree
25-05-2018, 19:46
Actually, no, it's not a solution to anything, other than getting a limited replay of what you already saw in the race. And you already saw that!

You can't get a trackside view of the race, you can't get any view of the race other than the one you used, you can't get any other driver's view of the race.

Once again, I reiterate... if this issue (and this extremely limited 'solution') were facing PC players, how long do you think SMS would take to address it?

On consoles, 7 months and counting. Without the slightest developer acknowledgement or explanation of the issue. PC players would be up in arms about this, and would exit the game in droves. And SMS would bend over backwards to communicate about the issue and fix it ASAP.

But we are only mere console players. Who cares about us? Obviously, not SMS...

wyldanimal
25-05-2018, 20:29
Actually, no, it's not a solution to anything, other than getting a limited replay of what you already saw in the race. And you already saw that!

You can't get a trackside view of the race, you can't get any view of the race other than the one you used, you can't get any other driver's view of the race.

Once again, I reiterate... if this issue (and this extremely limited 'solution') were facing PC players, how long do you think SMS would take to address it?

On consoles, 7 months and counting. Without the slightest developer acknowledgement or explanation of the issue. PC players would be up in arms about this, and would exit the game in droves. And SMS would bend over backwards to communicate about the issue and fix it ASAP.

Sometimes I feel the same way..
I'll bet If you look at the Sales Numbers, PS4 is almost 10 x as many purchases as PC / steam purchase.

So we are the Majority, but seem to be treated like the unwanted god child, kept locked in a closet.

Something Similar to what my Video in this post demonstrates would be awesome..
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62795-Replays-only-save-40mins&p=1504655&viewfull=1#post1504655

simsimsheree
26-05-2018, 08:32
No actually PC sales and players outstrip us by about 3:1.

All we do is fund their game. You would think 25-30% of sales would be treated better.

Zaskarspants
26-05-2018, 09:52

I was just trying to help you, but that is often futile with you.

wyldanimal
31-05-2018, 19:12
No actually PC sales and players outstrip us by about 3:1.

what is the Source of your sales Data?

My Data is very different... Unofficial for sure...
160,000 total sales on PC platform... Via Steam sales totals
400,000 + on PS4 platform. Via PS4 sales totals ( Does not include Digital Downloads. )

Daz555
01-06-2018, 10:33
Perhaps you should check as it will offer a partial solution to your problem and you can also keep the replays permanently.
Streaming your game is nothing like a replay when it comes to leagues who want to marshal races. It can sometimes be useful if you get lucky and a player has a stream which catches an offence in a way where you can make a fair judgement, but typically we don't get that much benefit from reviewing player streams of incidents.

Chris_93600
10-06-2018, 09:06
Hello to the community
but I have a problem level slowed down I'm in the direction of a TEAM e-Sport and the slow ones save more at all or yesterday with the patch 6.0 bah I did a session of 2 hours on the circuit of Le Mans and saving the idle took me an hour thank you to find a solution to this problem and quickly a new update to solve this problem THANKS

simsimsheree
18-06-2018, 15:56
what is the Source of your sales Data?

My Data is very different... Unofficial for sure...
160,000 total sales on PC platform... Via Steam sales totals
400,000 + on PS4 platform. Via PS4 sales totals ( Does not include Digital Downloads. )

I consider published sales numbers an utter fiction.

The truth is easy to find out. No, not sales, but people playing are easy to count. Take a look in the online multiplayer forum. Massively PC. I just read a post from someone on a PC talking about there being from 30-50 visible online rooms at peak UK times. I have never seen 30 rooms maximum on console. It's usually under 20. Most of which had 5 drivers and under. Take a look at our PS4 forum here, and count daily posts. Then go to GT Planet and count GTS's daily posts.

Then there was a poll on the General forum a few weeks ago trying to find people's most important issues. One of the questions was platform. PC respondents outnumbered total console at least 3:1.

Sales do not represent players. GTS's user data gathering system ( http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=sport_play_ratio ) shows a mere 18% of purchasers playing online regularly. Their 600,000 active players out of several million purchasers, if applied to PC2, don't paint a very positive picture of online participation.

The basic facts are, there are FAR more casual players playing racing games than serious league participation. By at least an order of magnitude. And PC2 is a nightmare to play if you are a casual player. And getting worse every day, as dubious decisions like nixing host kick abilities make it harder and harder to find a clean room.

Zaskarspants
19-06-2018, 11:28

Zaskarspants
19-06-2018, 11:29
I consider published sales numbers an utter fiction.

The truth is easy to find out. No, not sales, but people playing are easy to count. Take a look in the online multiplayer forum. Massively PC. I just read a post from someone on a PC talking about there being from 30-50 visible online rooms at peak UK times. I have never seen 30 rooms maximum on console. It's usually under 20. Most of which had 5 drivers and under. Take a look at our PS4 forum here, and count daily posts. Then go to GT Planet and count GTS's daily posts.

Then there was a poll on the General forum a few weeks ago trying to find people's most important issues. One of the questions was platform. PC respondents outnumbered total console at least 3:1.

Sales do not represent players. GTS's user data gathering system ( http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=sport_play_ratio ) shows a mere 18% of purchasers playing online regularly. Their 600,000 active players out of several million purchasers, if applied to PC2, don't paint a very positive picture of online participation.

The basic facts are, there are FAR more casual players playing racing games than serious league participation. By at least an order of magnitude. And PC2 is a nightmare to play if you are a casual player. And getting worse every day, as dubious decisions like nixing host kick abilities make it harder and harder to find a clean room.

blah blah blah ( sorry) but really.

simsimsheree
19-06-2018, 23:27
blah blah blah ( sorry) but really.

It's possible you could put less thought into a post.

But difficult...