PDA

View Full Version : Less and less players to play with

iamisti
09-11-2017, 06:31
I'd like to raise my concern about the amount of users using the game. At the beginning there were a lot of drivers who I could play with (multiplayer mode), but in the recent days the online servers are lacking with participants.
I don't know how to fix it, but maybe next time it would be great to have a patch/update in every 2 weeks, so that users can see improvements and stop abandoning the game.

And I'm a bit afraid to have a snowball effect here...

Blue line: Assetto corsa
Green line: PC2

RyokoMaruyama
09-11-2017, 06:34
Too many people arguing about sims on the forums, too little people actually putting time into it

Jaood
09-11-2017, 06:42
Too many people arguing about sims on the forums, too little people actually putting time into it
Posts until usual customer in the wrong: 1:yes:

Ashleyqprw12
09-11-2017, 06:45
I'm hanging on desperately on the PS4 but again numbers are rapidly dropping. I don't any bugs to be game breaking but they are becoming increasingly annoying when numbers are dropping as of course that means less good racing time.

I'm thinking COD & FIFA are a big factor fans hopefully numbers creep back up as those games get past the initial rush!

NutieNastya
09-11-2017, 06:46
Posts until usual customer in the wrong: 1:yes:
Nice one :D

iamisti
09-11-2017, 06:47
I'm hanging on desperately on the PS4 but again numbers are rapidly dropping. I don't any bugs to be game breaking but they are becoming increasingly annoying when numbers are dropping as of course that means less good racing time.

Agree. Would be awesome to make this game a crossplatform multiplayer game. Would help a lot.

iamisti
09-11-2017, 06:50

I'm thinking COD & FIFA are a big factor fans hopefully numbers creep back up as those games get past the initial rush!

I wish that can be true, but looking at the stat in assetto corsa, the numbers didn't change over time, it's very constant there.

Ashleyqprw12
09-11-2017, 06:50
Agree. Would be awesome to make this game a crossplatform multiplayer game. Would help a lot.

As wonderful as that would be I don't think it is a realistic possibility with the likes of EA and co being unable to gave it I think SMS budget has more important things to focus on. Really hope I could be proved wrong though!

sisollazzo
09-11-2017, 06:53
Most of this players are kamikazes! We need quality instead of quantity.

honespc
09-11-2017, 06:53
Indeed the community bleeding is what really sours me and the actual problem we face; the price we pay once again for dealing with an unfinished at release game. Every area of the game has issues, even more in MP and this lobbies, so what's happening is completely normal as the same happened with pc1 as well.

Perhaps the game is fixed in the next patch, but another story will be to see if most players that were at release are back. When pc1 was fixed after one entire year, we didn't actually see much population back.., obviously, because they were mad at the game and devs with reason.

People obviously get frustrated before the staggering number of issues this game sports and they have to go through, and they don't need to understand anything about the complexities of modern software and blahblha usual roflcopter lecture. They just want a game that works as intended as we could have it no other way. Fire the game up and enjoy it, instead of having to workaround every single issue in every single part of the game.

Maybe the long wait for this patch is worth it. However, I very much doubt we are getting all those folks back under this circumstances. That's what really burns me about this situation. I wanted everybody to be playing this game so the more the merrier when finding lobbies and racing styles to play, but in the end pc1 story repeated itself once again.

iamisti
09-11-2017, 06:54
Most of this players are kamikazes! We need quality instead of quantity.

But that's why the driving licence feature is there. With quantity, quality comes too. From more players you will have more quality users too...

Cholton82
09-11-2017, 07:15
Don't know how many people are like me but I haven't been online once yet , I'm waiting until the disconnects get rarer and a few more issues resolved until I commit any time to it .

Keena
09-11-2017, 07:16
Don't know how many people are like me but I haven't been online once yet , I'm waiting until the disconnects get rarer and a few more issues resolved until I commit any time to it .

Same

sisollazzo
09-11-2017, 07:21
Most of these people are arcade gamers, and they don't have time to invest in the game. This is a simulation and isn't easy to drive.

TheBaldReverend
09-11-2017, 07:24
I think SMS should fork out some moolah on some dedicated servers once the latest patch comes out.

Have a server for all the major classes in an effort to draw people back in and have some fixed interesting races so players can go online, be assured of finding a decent race and start playing again.

LukeC
09-11-2017, 07:30
I would play Pcars 2 more if I was guaranteed a good experience most of the time. Unfortunately due to the number of bugs I have to endure 5 or 6 bad experiences for every good one. That being the case I would rather play F1 2017 or Dirt Rally, or AC or GT Sport, because with those games I know that there is a very good chance that I will walk away satisfied.

That's why I belive that it's so important to release properly tested and relatively bug-free games, because once you've lost a large portion of the player base it is difficult to get them back. And if you have hardly anyone playing online, the people who actually do want to play are less likely to have good online experiences and it just snowballs.

Brado23
09-11-2017, 07:33
but maybe next time it would be great to have a patch/update in every 2 weeks, so that users can see improvements and stop abandoning the game.

Patch 2.0 came out from memory 2 weeks after the patch before it, and around the 2 week mark after that Ian mentioned that they had done 129 fixes/improvements and the patch would likely be coming very soon. At that time I'm thinking this is a great cadence, but then another 2 weeks go by without the patch being released. Not sure the reasons why, but if most of the problems are fixed as they say, they have fixed the dedicated server issues (which many users are spending their own time trying to reverse engineer to fix themselves atm) and they throw in some nice surprises (like Online Championships!), the wait will be worth it. I just hope the patch for PC isn't being held up only because of console approvals.... and I say that being an owner of all three (PC, XBox One, PS4).

There could also be some slight increases in the player count once things get fixed as I know of some people that are waiting for most things to get fixed before they dive in. I have 5 mates and my son waiting on me to give them the "all ready" to buy the game. They aren't as patient as me dealing with issues and waiting for fixes, so want me to let them know as soon as I think it is ready. I'm really hoping that is after the upcoming patch is released as I'm keen to get some close friends involved. I'm a bit concerned about the declining numbers too as it is a great game overall and it would be a shame to have lost most players by the time the game is at its best.

RookieRaceline
09-11-2017, 08:06
I would play Pcars 2 more if I was guaranteed a good experience most of the time. Unfortunately due to the number of bugs I have to endure 5 or 6 bad experiences for every good one. That being the case I would rather play F1 2017 or Dirt Rally, or AC or GT Sport, because with those games I know that there is a very good chance that I will walk away satisfied.

That's why I belive that it's so important to release properly tested and relatively bug-free games, because once you've lost a large portion of the player base it is difficult to get them back. And if you have hardly anyone playing online, the people who actually do want to play are less likely to have good online experiences and it just snowballs.

Man... F1 2017 is pretty well done actually!
It's my go to racing game at the moment while i am waiting for things to get better on Pcars (and hope that the changes also will affect the xbox1)
But currently having some decent racing on F1

Brado23
09-11-2017, 08:08
I have really liked the F1 games in the past, but no VR in a 2017 game is a killer for me... which is why I haven't bought it

Raklodder
09-11-2017, 08:09
I play Project Cars (2) every day, but not online (the few times I did play online, I either lost my connection or the host rage quit...) hence my long and passionate AI rants.

menos
09-11-2017, 08:10
I have preordered PC2 the day before the preorder incentive would cease (as of my experience with PC1, planning to either have the full package should PC2 turn out to be different from the PC1 experience or having the chance to refund).

I spent more then 2h in game, wrangling with issues befor I even could be able to do some serious tracktime, so the refund was not an option any longer.

I do see some glimpse of hope for PC2 at some point becoming usable as there seems to be a core to the software that is solid once issues and bugs are resolved.

The reason I am not spending any time with PC2 now is that it is not worth the aggravation to deal with all these issues when there is a great choice of other simulators working just fine to get my online racing fix.

I will try PC2 from time to time to see if the issues are resolved and once it is usable, I will use it.

Unfortunately for me we are not talking about little annoying bugs but truly game breaking issues - first and foremost the issue that PC2 - AMD crossfire just does not play nice for now (HEAVY flickering and performance issues with triple screen setups with AMD crossfire setups - my setup is one of the maligned setups unfortunately, so no PC2 for me at this point).

I gace online racing with PC2 a try twice, both with disturbing issues - I wont try it again in its current state.

Raklodder
09-11-2017, 08:16
I do believe the player count will get a jolt once v1.3 is released.

Brado23
09-11-2017, 08:28
Maybe once there is a consensus that most of the problems are fixed, SMS push up numbers again with a nice marketing campaign with some nice videos and other stuff to draw people back. I really liked the video they did before release with the song Silence in it... gave me goosebumps!! :)

Gix916
09-11-2017, 09:19
I think a lot of players are staying away from multiplayer because of the issues and will return once it is reported to be fixed. I only go on line for organized league races and avoid any random lobbies.

Blake-Lee43
09-11-2017, 09:28
Just waiting for the next patch and for people to stop running GT3 at monza

xelapc
09-11-2017, 09:34
MP, SP decrease; me too. It's all about driving-physics and the non-moddability.
SMS don't want to hear that - Why?

Jonathan Newsam
09-11-2017, 09:36
i'm one of the waiting for patch and bug fixes before i get into the game properly.

iamisti
09-11-2017, 09:45
Thanks guys for your input. Now I kind of see that a lot of guys similar to me just waiting to get it fixed, and then right after the fix we can finally play with our community!

davidt33
09-11-2017, 09:49
i'm one of the waiting for patch and bug fixes before i get into the game properly.

Ditto. Like many others I imagine, which probably accounts for the online participation drop realised by the OP.
Since the Edit/Setup/Saving and other issues I've just been playing on Monday nights in a private lobby because I've committed myself to them. Other times I've been playing GT Sport which to me is handling very nicely. Haven't been experiencing any problems there whatsoever.
When the issues mentioned have been resolved hopefully in the next set of patches for Pcars2 I expect to return to playing Pcars2 more, both offline and online.

Seelenkrank
09-11-2017, 10:14
i did not (complete) read the 2 pages here but if the retired drivers are the destruction derby/need for speed guys im not mad about it.
MP with this guys (mostly "U" ranking) is really a pain (i need to drive U to get high enough to join the better players but every time i join a race it ends in a disaster (mostly after the first corner).

Trooper117
09-11-2017, 10:19
I want to get into the online side of things, but there is so much negativity being posted about the problems with it I haven't even bothered...

V3nom
09-11-2017, 10:56
Same here, stopped playing almost one week ago. I guess everyone is right, the bugs are not gamebreaking in any form but come on who wants to go through 4-5 issues per race?
Hopefully the patch will be released 'soon', as they say. :D
I still got time to spare until my t300 is in my hands so not that much of a biggie.

honespc
09-11-2017, 11:05
I still got time to spare until my t300 is in my hands so not that much of a biggie.Best choice you could have eventually made, specially with its current price tag+t3pa pedals in the packet.

Soft lock in pc2 with this wheel is very weak though. That's the problem I find most annoying with pc1 and 2 when using this wheel, and they won't fix it, ever.

ElNano
09-11-2017, 11:07
One of the mean reason fo this is that most players are simple troll. He want destroy you, will not bear if you overtake him, he drives to your car on braking zone with full speed, so impossible complete a normal race. I also gave up. Can not get to the first corner without contact at least 90% of cases.

The other is that the game bugs also make more difficult the recent situation. Disconnections, lags, setup errors, etc. Their existence does not even increase our mood for gaming with CARS 2.

Perhaps the next patch will change this, but how avoid the many intellectual disabilities (trolls, who do not want to compete but to ramming) in the future? They invaded the whole CARS 2 multiplayer... :(

It was foreseeable would be empty the multiplayer. :(

1nterceptor
09-11-2017, 11:10
I will return to Pcars 2 after the next update:o
Until then I play Assetto Corsa

V3nom
09-11-2017, 11:18
Best choice you could have eventually made, specially with its current price tag+t3pa pedals in the packet.

Soft lock in pc2 with this wheel is very weak though. That's the problem I find most annoying with pc1 and 2 when using this wheel, and they won't fix it, ever.

Yep I informed myself on the internet and it has the best price for what it offers. Still hoping for a great deal on black friday, maybe I'll even get the alcantara edition. :O
PC2 is the game that sealed the deal on getting a wheel. It is also the first sim for me, so it has much to say about this game if I'm coming as a NFS user to a sim that changed my view point on racing games completely, even with all the bugs.

And I think I can look over the soft lock considering it's my first wheel. :D

Timmy L
09-11-2017, 11:39
New game comes out, people rush to play it.
A lot of people understand about bugs etc. in new games, and will give the benefit of doubt.
And be understanding.
Sadly some do not.
And will not wait; and into days market/world they will state, why should we?
They do have a point.
In some countries that point is backed by law.
Basically, if a product does not work as stated by the maker, money back.
Lost customer forever..
They will not come back.
Multiplayer was advertised as a big part of this game, and for many people it does not work as advertised.
League creation was also mentioned and pushed, images show etc., where is that?
A lot of people wanted that, a lot..

Personally, I never had any problems with PC1, nothing.
I could never understand what the fuss was about, and that is true.
PC2, well, that is different..
I will leave it at that, enough moaning elsewhere..

The multiplayer thing is a huge missed opportunity for Mr Bell and his loyal team.
Many, many people seriously want a cheaper version of iracing.
The market is sat there waiting to be taken from them.
PC2 has the cars, the tracks, the looks, the sounds, and above all great car handling.
Totally understand about Mr Bell's statement about wishing PCars to be the next GT or Forza etc.; however, what are GT now doing with GT Sport?
GT Sport is iracing on a console.
No way Sony would take a risk if the market was not there.
It is there.
RaceRoom could be setting itself up to do the same on the PC.
They are up to something, flag systems, lots of cars/tracks, etc..

We need a subscription based PC2 Sport, off shoot of PC2 using the base content within the base game.
It could be done, and it could make some money.

PC2 is a good game, it could be great.
Perhaps when the multiplayer is fixed and stable, people will come back, hope so..
Racing car game with no one to race against, is a bit pointless..

bmanic
09-11-2017, 11:40
I'm not surprised. The wonky/badly working ELO rating system is definitely keeping players away. Hopefully once that is sorted and we get the promised online custom championships, the players will return.

snakehands
09-11-2017, 11:43
I play Project Cars (2) every day, but not online (the few times I did play online, I either lost my connection or the host rage quit...) hence my long and passionate AI rants.

In which case the lobby migrates to a new host.

RookieRaceline
09-11-2017, 11:46
Many, many people seriously want a cheaper version of iracing.

Pretty sure that i heard Ian say that the iRacing market is too small to target.
I think that Project Cars 2 targets a wider audience maybe with lower expectations.

That said, i agree with most of what you said, and i also think that the game launch was a small disaster, partly because of the bugs and issues and partly because it launched at the time it did (Forza 7, F1 2017, Fifa etc.). I'm still going to hang around, but i think we lost the potential new players already unless there is a huge DLC campaign that could pull in the players again

V3nom
09-11-2017, 11:51
Pretty sure that i heard Ian say that the iRacing market is too small to target.
I think that Project Cars 2 targets a wider audience maybe with lower expectations.

That said, i agree with most of what you said, and i also think that the game launch was a small disaster, partly because of the bugs and issues and partly because it launched at the time it did (Forza 7, F1 2017, Fifa etc.). I'm still going to hang around, but i think we lost the potential new players already unless there is a huge DLC campaign that could pull in the players again

You are exactly right, in that case they should of pushed the release a bit back. Then PC2 would be more stable and it would have a much better release window.
But we are still not in the position to judge, we do not know what role bandai namco played in all of this and we also surely know less about release windows and game marketing..

xelapc
09-11-2017, 11:59
You're the man!

honespc
09-11-2017, 11:59
And I think I can look over the soft lock considering it's my first wheel. :DIt's a problem with project cars and the way ffb is programmed, not a problem with the wheel.

To put you in perspective, even in Driveclub the soft lock works as intended, like in any other game that is not projet cars. I mean you leave your wheel set at 1080, but in the game for instance you choose 720 or whatever steering rack you like better, and when you reach that point, the ffb in this game will properly stops your wheel at that mark (soft lock) with enough force to not make you have to set forced less degrees of rotation by default. (hard lock). That is not the case in pc1 and 2. When you reach the marked soft lock depending on the steering rotation of your car, you can still overcome this blocking point with little more force/effort, and when you are on a racing car that uses 360-420-540 (such as everybody's favourite = GT3) and you turn hard enough in an emergency, or go off track spinning as you try to recover your car, overcoming that soft lock limit often comes as a very annoying and counter-intuitive experience.

Enjoy your wheel when it comes man. Do not ramp up wheel weight and ffb effects too much though unless you are a young one : - D . Struggling with your wheel is far from realistic, as wheel as having your gym for that purpose of toning your muscles up.

Also remember it takes months to adapt to the new peripheral when coming fresh from a controller. In the beginning you will always end up thinking <<hell i was way faster with the controller, and I'm probably returning to it>>. Don't let that get to you and continue to use your wheel.

V3nom
09-11-2017, 12:17
Wow, thanks for the explanation. I actually had no clue what soft lock is, not even google helped me but I played over it.. :D
I still think it won't bother me that hard ing eneral, I hope so.
I get what you're saying but to be honest im pretty fustrated of playing on a controller. It's so hard to regulate the gaspedal with a damn trigger button.
Not to mention the twitchy steering that makes it impossible to drive specific tracks and cars competitively.
By the way, what seat are you using? I was thinking of the playseat challenge. It is cheap and does its job pretty well from the information that I have gathered.

Jaood
09-11-2017, 12:18
Can confirm that the challenge is comfy and durable.

DreamsKnight
09-11-2017, 12:59
It's a problem with project cars and the way ffb is programmed, not a problem with the wheel.

To put you in perspective, even in Driveclub the soft lock works as intended, like in any other game that is not projet cars. I mean you leave your wheel set at 1080, but in the game for instance you choose 720 or whatever steering rack you like better, and when you reach that point, the ffb in this game will properly stops your wheel at that mark (soft lock) with enough force to not make you have to set forced less degrees of rotation by default. (hard lock). That is not the case in pc1 and 2. When you reach the marked soft lock depending on the steering rotation of your car, you can still overcome this blocking point with little more force/effort, and when you are on a racing car that uses 360-420-540 (such as everybody's favourite = GT3) and you turn hard enough in an emergency, or go off track spinning as you try to recover your car, overcoming that soft lock limit often comes as a very annoying and counter-intuitive experience.

Enjoy your wheel when it comes man. Do not ramp up wheel weight and ffb effects too much though unless you are a young one : - D . Struggling with your wheel is far from realistic, as wheel as having your gym for that purpose of toning your muscles up.

Also remember it takes months to adapt to the new peripheral when coming fresh from a controller. In the beginning you will always end up thinking <<hell i was way faster with the controller, and I'm probably returning to it>>. Don't let that get to you and continue to use your wheel.

-the soft lock is depedent to the device. don't speak generally when the behaviour you are speaking about is related to t300, and it works in the same way in each game.
-the force necessary to go over the softlock is high, or better is 100% of the motor sthreght. it is the same necessary to turn the wheel with high clip.
-if you turn the wheel more than 90-110 on one side (180/220) in a track, you are driving not properly. and that are the deegree necessary to do do U turns at slow speed in first gear. ;)

honespc
09-11-2017, 13:08
^Oh I think I've heard that one before: - D

Gav88888
09-11-2017, 13:54
I'd like to raise my concern about the amount of users using the game. At the beginning there were a lot of drivers who I could play with (multiplayer mode), but in the recent days the online servers are lacking with participants.
I don't know how to fix it, but maybe next time it would be great to have a patch/update in every 2 weeks, so that users can see improvements and stop abandoning the game.

And I'm a bit afraid to have a snowball effect here...

Blue line: Assetto corsa
Green line: PC2

From the various clubs I race with there roster is filling up with F1 2017 and Assetto Corsa, whenever we try PC2 racing its a nightmare and never works, and trying online multiplayer in general, not league stuff, its still cack. Hopefully patch 3.0 will address those issues, not sure how though.

Alywan
09-11-2017, 14:29
They all went to play NFS:Payback. /s

Djuvinile
09-11-2017, 14:43
I must admit i play pcars 2 a lot less then i would want to, and thats purely because of multiplayer issues on console.
when ur in a good clean lobby its fine really and a blast at some times.. but finding one to your liking that doesnt kick u out or hangs in between sessions is the hardest part..

Ex01
09-11-2017, 15:02
Indeed the community bleeding is what really sours me and the actual problem we face; the price we pay once again for dealing with an unfinished at release game. Every area of the game has issues, even more in MP and this lobbies, so what's happening is completely normal as the same happened with pc1 as well.

Perhaps the game is fixed in the next patch, but another story will be to see if most players that were at release are back. When pc1 was fixed after one entire year, we didn't actually see much population back.., obviously, because they were mad at the game and devs with reason.

People obviously get frustrated before the staggering number of issues this game sports and they have to go through, and they don't need to understand anything about the complexities of modern software and blahblha usual roflcopter lecture. They just want a game that works as intended as we could have it no other way. Fire the game up and enjoy it, instead of having to workaround every single issue in every single part of the game.

Maybe the long wait for this patch is worth it. However, I very much doubt we are getting all those folks back under this circumstances. That's what really burns me about this situation. I wanted everybody to be playing this game so the more the merrier when finding lobbies and racing styles to play, but in the end pc1 story repeated itself once again.

Couldnt have worded things better myself.

My feeling is that too many bugs and issues from Pcars1 are present on top of the issues Pcars2 has it's self, this product was released far too soon, this fact is backed up by the time it's taking to release fix's. These 'small bugs' arent quick fixes because they are monumental and how they got through testing is beyond me.
I truly truly want the game and SMS to succeed, but I have been bitten twice now for my continued faith and wonder how this will already impact Pcars3? Personally I will not be purchasing till its been well established Pcars3 is 'as advertised'.

I feel like I paid for early access not a finished product. I realise there are some fanatical almost cult like followers of the franchise that will slam me and anyone here for a negative perspective, it's these same people who 'enable' such poor quality in the first place.
Im passed patience and remaining neutral I'm actually just saying it how it is at this point, unacceptable quality of delivery.

balderz002
09-11-2017, 15:12
It would be good to show a graph of PC1 and AS for the immediate period after they launched way back when, for a better direct comparison.

Francisnf
09-11-2017, 15:16
unacceptable quality of delivery.

I think that is a bit strong, i've been really enjoying myself in single player. Its so complex this sim, all those variables must be damn hard to keep in perfect check.

I would say, its best to cut a little slack on software like this and view it all as a work in progress. I've not ever experienced a sim to be faultless on release.

balderz002
09-11-2017, 15:21
i've been really enjoying myself in single player.

Same! I'm having a great time on my below average spec PC and non ffb 458 italia wheel!

When I can get on, wish it was more often!

Raklodder
09-11-2017, 15:27
I was hoping for a patch before the weekend, but it looks like it's going to be another week...

Charger
09-11-2017, 15:33
I find the OP statement odd, as the numbers may be dropping globally but we have a had a big influx of players to my club in the last month, so much so we are running 20 plus lobbies regularly.

I think the novelty factor wears off for some and the rammers get bored and new games are afoot but come Christmas or a Steam sale there will be an influx of new players, we played PC1 for over a year and it was always busy.

We seem to have got over the major bugs on our dedi and disconnects are very rare, I can't speak for consoles though but on PC we are having a blast ;-)

wadafaka
09-11-2017, 16:16
I tried online racing, but people seem to care only about winning the race no matter what the cost. Total lack of sportsmanship and then you have those special people...that just wanna ruin it for everyone and try to ram as many cars as they can. So, now I only race in private lobbies with friends and AI. Thank god for AI in multiplayer.

biggbaddwolf
09-11-2017, 16:46
I just got the game a week ago, and would like to find some people to play with, but I am still learning the ropes so to speak. I just love playing and having fun, I am not all about this serious racing like some people are, who nit pick over every little thing. Back when I played Gran Turismo 5 & 6 most of our races were 10 lap shootouts for the most part. No one cared about having pit stops, tire wear, fuel stops. We just fired it up, ran 10 laps as hard as we could, and had a helluva lot of fun, and most of the guys I raced with back then are still stuck on the PS3, and racing GT6, and I guess have no inclination to move up to the PS4, and they have stated part of it is they can play online for free, which you can't do on the PS4, which I totally understand their position, as I am disabled, and sometimes can't afford the Playstation Plus! Like right now I don't have it, and before I could play online I would have to get it, and money is REALLY TIGHT for my wife and I right now as we have just moved, and all our money we had saved went into the cost of moving :( So I suspect there are others in the same boat as I am who can't afford the extra cost! I am sort of undecided right now as to whether to get the Playstation Plus, and risk hardly ever using it.

Lilfurbal
09-11-2017, 16:50
What's also sad with all this is that it's harder to pull in people who left the game if you don't release proper patch notes that say what you actually did. Especially if you aren't actively playing anymore, waiting for certain things to get addressed. When the patch comes out and they don't say what they did they probably won't be motivated to load into the game to figure it out. I wouldn't. Once I abandon a game I deem broken I often don't return, but if I do return it'll be based on what the latest patch notes actually address. I also feel the patches are too far between, fixing fewer issues more regularly would feel more productive.

The fact that the g920 steering wheel still not working correctly is surprising, that's an outright game breaking bug for affected users. I would have returned the game for a refund within the first two weeks and not looked back, only reason I didn't refund is because I became motivated to upgrade to a thrustmaster steering wheel within that time and found that it works very nicely in pc2. I certainly wouldn't be playing the game with the g920 though, it's severely broken. I feel game breaking bugs should definitely be addressed in a much quicker manner but they aren't, and this is really disappointing.

With my new wheel I do love the game, and still am playing it due to how nicely it feels most of the time, but I don't feel SMS handled this release properly and many are most likely scared off for good. It's a shame considering the great potential of this game, it's a pretty remarkable game but it probably should have been delayed away from the busy sim release season and until it's much more polished.

ShneebnaMRR108
09-11-2017, 16:52
Unacceptable quality of delivery. Plain and simple. Console perspective only, can't speak at PC.
I WAS in a few league races, but most are now cancelled because of the frustration factor. After everyone runs out to buy the XB1X to make it look better, will it actually help us get more than 8 people in a lobby?
pC1 - Burned
pC2 - Burned
New DLC campaign - Will you fall for that?

Roger Prynne
09-11-2017, 16:57
Patch notes will be released with the next patch by the way.

GaryWasHere65
09-11-2017, 17:53
Couldnt have worded things better myself.

My feeling is that too many bugs and issues from Pcars1 are present on top of the issues Pcars2 has it's self, this product was released far too soon, this fact is backed up by the time it's taking to release fix's. These 'small bugs' arent quick fixes because they are monumental and how they got through testing is beyond me.
I truly truly want the game and SMS to succeed, but I have been bitten twice now for my continued faith and wonder how this will already impact Pcars3? Personally I will not be purchasing till its been well established Pcars3 is 'as advertised'.

I feel like I paid for early access not a finished product. I realise there are some fanatical almost cult like followers of the franchise that will slam me and anyone here for a negative perspective, it's these same people who 'enable' such poor quality in the first place.
Im passed patience and remaining neutral I'm actually just saying it how it is at this point, unacceptable quality of delivery.

Pretty sure they needed the sales to finish the job.....................and mods dont say "dont be silly" to me again.

RomKnight
09-11-2017, 17:54
I'm not a mod and that's silly :)

Konan
09-11-2017, 18:00
Pretty sure they needed the sales to finish the job.....................and mods dont say "dont be silly" to me again.

what are you on about?

GaryWasHere65
09-11-2017, 18:01
Can SMS not see how frustrating this is to all us users. We Paid out approx 50 each for a game that does not work correctly, clubs cant run races etc etc etc etc. How did this get thro quality control????

Konan
09-11-2017, 18:09
.....................and mods dont say "dont be silly" to me again

was talking about the second part really...

Pretty sure they needed the sales to finish the job

...first part isn't true either and it's the second time you brought this up...

GaryWasHere65
09-11-2017, 18:13
was talking about the second part really...

...first part isn't true either and it's the second time you brought this up...

and what about the last part?????

Konan
09-11-2017, 18:16
exactly...the "don't be silly" part...
or did you mean your last post? in that case...SMS is well aware how frustrating it is and is doing all in it's power to resolve it.

GaryWasHere65
09-11-2017, 18:17
Has SMS sorted ANY of the problems, If they have can they not release what they have sorted to date. But i and many others are starting to lose heart in the game.

GaryWasHere65
09-11-2017, 18:18
Can SMS not see how frustrating this is to all us users. We Paid out approx 50 each for a game that does not work correctly, clubs cant run races etc etc etc etc. How did this get thro quality control????

How Did This Get Thro Quality Control

Konan
09-11-2017, 18:19
Has SMS sorted ANY of the problems, If they have can they not release what they have sorted to date. But i and many others are starting to lose heart in the game.

just hang on in there a little longer...the patch won't take too much longer to be released...

GaryWasHere65
09-11-2017, 18:20
Please get us something thro in a patch, anything will be appreciated, please please please........

GaryWasHere65
09-11-2017, 18:25
I am loyal to Project Cars, refuse to go Assetta corsa, F1 2017 and Forza as a lot of guys the club i am in are now using. Just want to go racing with this sim as it has the true potential to be great.

Raklodder
09-11-2017, 18:27
just hang on in there a little longer...the patch won't take too much longer to be released...
Why you do this? Why you tease? My heart is broken. :p

Keena
09-11-2017, 18:27
Evening all. So what have I missed..?

Only kidding. I can see for myself. All I can offer is the thought that everyone can see what a huge amount of potential this game has, and that is probably what is driving the frustration. I feel it too but am using the time to do tests on different setups, learn some tracks, learn how to get faster etc so that when the patch does eventuuuuaaaallly come screaming in through the ether I'm fully ready to enjoy running a proper career and maybe even dabble my toe in the multiplayer door. I feel like what I'm doing is working for me, and I appreciate for some it wont.

To those people that are really really REALLY upset, please bear with SMS. They are not a well established studio so to produce what they have is quite frankly pretty incredible. I know, I know, bugs etc galore, but they are working hard to get them all resolved and I for one don't want them to stuff that up, so I'm letting them get on with it. Again all I can offer is the thought that we are all frustrated as hell, but I'm not a programmer so I'm going to have to wait. That is the bottom line.

In the meantime, I remind myself of the following..

https://www.brilliantlivinghq.com/in-control-of-your-life-3-techniques-for-managing-your-inner-chimp/

Have a good evening all. :)

Konan
09-11-2017, 18:31
Why you do this? Why you tease? My heart is broken. :p

because there really isn't more i can say...i understand you guys,really i do and i wish i could tell you more but i can't.
they are constantly (even weekends) working to push this patch out ASAP but as Keena said,they don't want to release it until it's ready to be released...just be patient a little longer;

Rx4speed
09-11-2017, 18:37
Just waiting for the next patch and for people to stop running GT3 at monza

Chance of another patch being released - 100%.
Chance of lobby not filled with GT3 servers and lots of monza - 0%

There are so many great car classes besides GT3. Although, most of the clutch/h-pattern cars are near undrivable since 2.0 do to the added delay for gt3 unrealistic downshifting).

PFalcon
09-11-2017, 18:47
To everyone posting that SMS should have released the game later in a less buggy state, I ask this one question... If they had given the choice back in September whether to release the game in its current state so we all could play it and enjoy it while they work out the bugs or have us wait potentially several months more - which would you have chosen? I know I would have said release the game now! I am having plenty of fun with PC2 in its current state (admittedly in single player mode 95% of the time) and would much rather spend my time sim driving the game while SMS works on patching it rather than waiting for SMS to release a more "polished" game. Some would argue no game that cost $60 should have ANY bugs. I look at things differently and realize I ALREADY have more than gotten my $60 of entertainment value from PC2, and I look forward to hundreds of hours more playing in the future - hopefully with an increasingly polished and less buggy game after patches. ;)

BubbaGrace
09-11-2017, 18:54
I don't play online as much as I'd like to. The problem for me is the non-stop GT3 lobbies on the same couple tracks. I try to start my own lobby just to avoid this and will come away empty handed. There are only so many times I can set up a lobby and go through a 30 minute practice session for nobody to join (and stay). I feel like I just wasted a good 45 minutes of time I could be doing something else with. I know this is no fault of the game, but the playbase itself. PLAY SOMETHING BESIDES GT3 AT MONZA YA BUTTS!

V3nom
09-11-2017, 18:56
Just don't put any practice time and put qualifying to 10 minutes. No matter what cars or tracks I choose, I at least get 2 players to stay till finish.
Last time I made lobbies was on Sunday so I don't think that much has changed.(PS4)

Jaood
09-11-2017, 18:58
Only solution to the gt3 situation is already brought up numerous times and there is no interest so far from SMS to change that. (Ok Online championships) am i typing this? i hope not.

GaryWasHere65
09-11-2017, 19:01
I don't play online as much as I'd like to. The problem for me is the non-stop GT3 lobbies on the same couple tracks. I try to start my own lobby just to avoid this and will come away empty handed. There are only so many times I can set up a lobby and go through a 30 minute practice session for nobody to join (and stay). I feel like I just wasted a good 45 minutes of time I could be doing something else with. I know this is no fault of the game, but the playbase itself. PLAY SOMETHING BESIDES GT3 AT MONZA YA BUTTS!

GT3 is a great class, Clubs use it a lot. But try out the others as well, on Pcars 1 we used to run leagues for Group A which was brilliant, Clios make for good close racing, the Palmer Jags on Pcars 1 where great for mega close racing, the guys loved them, Haven't tried the touring cars yet as concentrating on setting up the Porsche GT3 for our leagues, but as long as it has a roof i am game.

Lilfurbal
09-11-2017, 19:05
To everyone posting that SMS should have released the game later in a less buggy state, I ask this one question... If they had given the choice back in September whether to release the game in its current state so we all could play it and enjoy it while they work out the bugs or have us wait potentially several months more - which would you have chosen?

Considering that PC1 didn't really win me over, myself not having been a fanboy, I would have voted they take whatever time they need in order to create something to fully win me over. It'd have given me more time to focus on playing f1 2017 anyway so I'd have been good. There was no rush lol.

Raklodder
09-11-2017, 19:15
because there really isn't more i can say...i understand you guys,really i do and i wish i could tell you more but i can't.
they are constantly (even weekends) working to push this patch out ASAP but as Keena said,they don't want to release it until it's ready to be released...just be patient a little longer;
There's always a tomorrow.

epinter
09-11-2017, 19:16
I'm one of those who abandoned the game after 30 hours (and 500 of PC1). I bought PC2 before release, and now I can say it was the worst thing I've done at that moment, I should have wait. The multiplayer bugs are anoying. Me and my friends can't use a dedicated server to play, because isn't possible to join. Without a dedicated server, some of us (as host) has serious problems with lag (possibly caused by cpu usage or bug, not sure). But the more weird bug happened with a new graphics card. Everytime I open the game, GPU fans stops or reduces speed, and graphics card led starts to blink (I know it is a known bug and will be solved, but when, nobody knows).

I don't have complains about gameplay or content, has great cars, great tracks (I miss Interlagos, but let's wait a DLC). This game wasn't ready for release and, in my opinion SMS doesn't have competence at this time to handle this amount of bugs within a good timeframe (not trying to be offensive, but yes, in my opinion competence is the best word now). Maybe in 6 months I can play this game again...

As a fan of this franchise, I sincerely hope to see SMS improve and solve bugs within an acceptable timeframe. Specially the "critical" bugs that breaks the game for me and many other players. I never wanted my money back, I prefer to wait.

PFalcon
09-11-2017, 19:18
Considering that PC1 didn't really win me over, myself not having been a fanboy, I would have voted they take whatever time they need in order to create something to fully win me over. It'd have given me more time to focus on playing f1 2017 anyway so I'd have been good. There was no rush lol.

I still choose to have the option to play the game while SMS works to improve it. If the bugs are too much for you to endure, nothing stopping you or anyone else from waiting to purchase/play PC2 while others like me enjoy it. I fail to see how having a choice is ever a bad thing...

Lilfurbal
09-11-2017, 19:36
I still choose to have the option to play the game while SMS works to improve it. If the bugs are too much for you to endure, nothing stopping you or anyone else from waiting to purchase/play PC2 while others like me enjoy it. I fail to see how having a choice is ever a bad thing...

Well in the spirit of the main topic of this thread, it ultimately seems to come across as the player base has been steadily dropping, probably due to unresolved issues and confusing process of trying to figure out what is and is not even a known issue. We've already been given the choice option with this release, either buy it as it came out or wait as long as you see fit. Seeing the player base dropping, on average below that of Assetto Corsa so early in its lifetime seems to make it seem that they might have gotten people to move on prematurely. So the way the release was done may not have been the most ideal way of doing it.

Not that having choices is necessarily bad, is it really so bad for me to play the game now or later? It can be bad for the developers if they choose to allow the wrong thing to happen. I'm only thinking in their best interest, not mine. If it's purely up to me I'd probably play it as soon as I am allowed, as I did. Though it might have actually ended up better if instead of being released as a fully up to spec game, it release as an early access game. I could then pay into it knowing it's probably beyond super buggy, and I'd be alright with that. Or I could wait for its official release after early access, which by then I could believe that it'd be pretty polished.

Now, I'm not scared away about pc2's state as of yet, since I have been having fun for the most part in single player after buying a new steering wheel that the game uses properly. Myself, along with everyone here definitely wants to see it get better. But the lingering question remains, can/will the average player base increase again or are people just giving up and lost all hope?

Krobo
09-11-2017, 19:40
The spike on release day/week is common with all games ..now it's leveling off & appears to be dropping & so-so players are bailing ..some users have major issues so they have given up for now .. Yet with all that I had some of the best MP races as of late ! I see the ranking system starting to take effect and can actually find servers without the wreckers ;-) I'm on PC with a pretty ok system and don't have any game breaking issues ..the set up save has the 'create new' work around & I haven't had any set up issues since using this work around .. Most disconnects are due to bad connections ,hi pings, low system spec's etcc.. Im one of the admins at SRO (simracingonline) (http://simracingonline.co.uk/) and run our AC ,rf2 & pC2 servers .. I can say our league pc2 events have been awesome ! we are a PC only league soI cant speek for the console users but the bugs for us on PC are totally workable ..That said we have 2 pC2 series going on right now V8 SuperCars & a GT3 series ! IF your on PC & looking for some organized events check us out !

Fight-Test
09-11-2017, 19:52
The spike on release day/week is common with all games ..now it's leveling off & appears to be dropping & so-so players are bailing ..some users have major issues so they have given up for now .. Yet with all that I had some of the best MP races as of late ! I see the ranking system starting to take effect and can actually find servers without the wreckers ;-) I'm on PC with a pretty ok system and don't have any game breaking issues ..the set up save has the 'create new' work around & I haven't had any set up issues since using this work around .. Most disconnects are due to bad connections ,hi pings, low system spec's etcc.. Im one of the admins at SRO (simracingonline) (http://simracingonline.co.uk/) and run our AC ,rf2 & pC2 servers .. I can say our league pc2 events have been awesome ! we are a PC only league soI cant speek for the console users but the bugs for us on PC are totally workable ..That said we have 2 pC2 series going on right now V8 SuperCars & a GT3 series ! IF your on PC & looking for some organized events check us out !

Spot on post and reflects exactly my experiences.