PDA

View Full Version : Formula C - Lift off oversteer

JuZ
09-11-2017, 09:26
I've recently moved up to Formula C from the Ginnetta Jnrs and I'm really having trouble getting the car to handle how I'd like, the problem is understeer in low/medium speed corners and wild lift off oversteer, which I suspect are probably related.
I've improved the understeer a bit with the front anti roll bar adjustment but the lift off oversteer persists, increasing the coast setting on the diff hasn't made a great deal of difference, any tips?

NutieNastya
09-11-2017, 09:47
From reading this I suggest you look into this, maybe it helps http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57073-I-maybe-discovered-why-some-cars-handle-so-exaggerated

Jaood
09-11-2017, 09:54
Propably its my driving but i cant follow you with that understeer and liftoff oversteer. I always coast in the corners though to get the car more stable and have a fast exit, tried that?

Phos
10-11-2017, 00:18
The default engine braking in the formula C is crazily high, you either need to turn it down (which means a higher number in the tuning page for some reason) or keep up maintenance throttle through slow corners.

r34ver
12-12-2017, 11:49
I found it a lot better after reducing engine braking (higher number)

Nyreen
12-12-2017, 13:55
Loose setup seems pretty balanced to me. You start losing horsepower past a certain RPM range. You will be the most efficient shifting at the second red dot to stay at maximum HP. And then I found the car to be more stable when downshifting because you'll naturally do so with less RPM instead of making the engine scream and grind through the gears, which might upset the chassis.