PDA

View Full Version : Things PC2/PC3 should take away from Gran Turismo SPORT

JoshTheGeologist
09-11-2017, 11:54
Gran Turismo SPORT is a horrible racing game. It is a simcade at best which features a lackluster track list and a mediocre car list that doesn't even have weather.

Project Cars 2 is a true racing simulator with dynamic weather, true rally physics, true race physics, and a fabulous track and car list.

So which game do you think I play more? If you guessed PC2, you are mistaken. Why do I play GT Sport so much more? Two features of GT sport make up for the rest. Those features are the livery creator, and online play.

Livery creator - The livery creator is something I have always dreamed of since the good old days of making liveries on PDN/Photoshop in NASCAR 09. I love being able to customize my cars in my own unique way. This feature will only get better when the decal uploader is released, allowing users to upload custom decals from their computer.

Online play - As said, I am beyond disappointed with the racing physics in the GT Sport. However, the online events such as the daily races, and the FiA championship races are so fun. The online play is so smooth. I enjoy being able to compete against players around the world and it is even better when you beat them and win a lot of money to buy new cars.

These two reasons are the only reasons I bought GTS. If these features, especially the livery creator, were in PC2 then I would not have even bought GTS. As is, PC2 is a solid game. But if features like this are put into PC2/PC3 then you can take my money, I'm in.

If Ian said they were dropping a $100 dollar livery creator DLC tomorrow, and it wasn't covered by the season pass, I would buy it right now.

V3nom
09-11-2017, 11:57
Is it that easy to look past the physics in GTSport? Or are you letting time pass until the patch comes out?

Jaood
09-11-2017, 12:02
OT: What is it with the fullquotes in this forum, where i come from that is just very bad etiquette.
Online matchmaking will not come sorry.

JoshTheGeologist
09-11-2017, 12:16
Is it that easy to look past the physics in GTSport? Or are you letting time pass until the patch comes out?

It has nothing to do with the PC2 patch. PC2 is just fine as is. However, I simply find the online events and the livery creator so interesting. Especially the livery creator, I want that so bad in PC2/PC3. Have you guys seen the pictures some people have made? It's amazing. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-livery-editor-thread.346334/

V3nom
09-11-2017, 12:21
Well I find the physics in PC2 so good that I don't know how I could cope with the physics in GTSport from what I've seen. Don't get me wrong I really am tempted in trying it because of the perfect online experience but still..
And I really understand your feelings about the livery creator.

JoshTheGeologist
09-11-2017, 13:00
Well I find the physics in PC2 so good that I don't know how I could cope with the physics in GTSport from what I've seen. Don't get me wrong I really am tempted in trying it because of the perfect online experience but still..
And I really understand your feelings about the livery creator.

It is hard to cope with GTS physics. The only thing nice about the physics is they are so bad that it has a pick up and play feel. PC2 is so much harder, sometimes frustratingly so. A lot of practice is needed.

But still, I hardly get over the feel of GTS, but driving my own custom cars makes it more tolerable.

honespc
09-11-2017, 13:19
Is it that easy to look past the physics in GTSport?It is, like with Driveclub. Driveclub is so fun in spite of dumbed down physics that it eventually success at what a videogame must success..., to make you have a good an entertaining time at it. The game continues to be a blast when played on a wheel. Arcade?, yeah so what, but it's a very good arcade game. Same with GT Sports.

Also, don't forget GT Sports works as intended from release. That is also important to many, including myself. You don't have to spend 90% of the time in GT Sport trying to workaround issues. You fire the game up, you play and enjoy it straight away without issue.

V3nom
09-11-2017, 13:25
Hmm maybe I'll give it a try with the right offer. I saw some offers where it comes for free with the t300 gt.

honespc
09-11-2017, 13:35
Come on man you have Driveclub at €20 euros only, €16'90 second hand at GAME.

You simply can not let this game pass if you like racing. It's one of the best games ever. Driving beautiful factory cars on the limit on beautiful scenarios. With a wheel is a top game, but it's also nice with a controller.

GTSports still is too expensive taking into account how poor on content it has come.

Lord_Flexington
09-11-2017, 13:38
Come on man you have Driveclub at €20 euros only, €16'90 second hand at GAME.

You simply can not let this game pass if you like racing. It's one of the best games ever. Driving beautiful factory cars on the limit on beautiful scenarios. With a wheel is a top game, but it's also nice with a controller.

GTSports still is too expensive taking into account how poor on content it has come.Drive club is the true king. I am honestly still sad when I see the game in my library knowing that its all over update/content wise. Online community is still just as talented tho

hotak
09-11-2017, 13:53
About online i'd really like to have some "quick race" servers with nice track/car combos directly choosen by SMS.
Something like 10 min qualify + 8 lap race, the lobby starts automatically as soon as there are 10 players in and lobbies get automatically merged when some algorithm think they should be so that you always have some non-empty lobby to put players in.
Finding a race not on monza and not with GT3 is the main thing that drives me away from pCars's online: i want to race different cars, but most of the lobbies using them are pretty much empty.

Those kind of servers would need to have a different icon (maybe reflecting what's being raced at moment) in the menu and be highlited on the normal server list so that people could join them fast and easy.

honespc
09-11-2017, 13:56
Online community is still just as talented thoMost play on a pad man. It's still an console racer and things happen. It happens on sims too like project cars and assetto, so..

You never get bored of going through those Driveclub stages with a t300. What a blast of a game.

RaceNut
09-11-2017, 14:00
Different people play for different reasons and some titles - no matter how good, simply won't have the essential ingredients to suit some players.

Personally, the "shiney" aspect of games wears off for me very quickly while titles that have convincing handling, good AI and FFB can hold my attention for years. If the audio is well done, it's even more immersive and enjoyable.