PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Leroygtt
10-11-2017, 15:25
Hello,

I like the Porsches in PC2. The GT3/GTE as the road version. The only problem I have with the 911 GT3 RS, is that it likes to slide but if I want to correct it, i lose control and end up in the wall. I'm bought a wheel recently so it is better now than with the Dpad, but still.. Do you have this experience as well? Or can you tell me what to change with the setup to make it a bit less mean. ;-)

Thank you in advance.

Leroy

LockeChris
10-11-2017, 17:54
I think for anyone to be able to help, we would need a more detailed description of the problem. To me it sounds like you just overcorrect slides which naturally throws the car around in the other direction. Maybe you need to get the right feel for the handling with the wheel? I needed some time for that too! Especially dialing in the FFB and getting used to how it reacts and all.
I personally find the GT3 RS to be one of the greatest handling road cars in the game!

Sloskimo
10-11-2017, 19:07
First thing I do on almost all road cars is turn the stability control off, it does things to the cars that I don’t want it to do. It wants to “correct” fully controllable slides and in general makes the cars unpredictable for me.

So, if you have not already, you could try that. Can not really help beyond that, so far I’ve been driving it with pretty much the stock setup.

tennenbaum
10-11-2017, 21:19
Hello,

I like the Porsches in PC2. The GT3/GTE as the road version. The only problem I have with the 911 GT3 RS, is that it likes to slide but if I want to correct it, i lose control and end up in the wall. I'm bought a wheel recently so it is better now than with the Dpad, but still.. Do you have this experience as well? Or can you tell me what to change with the setup to make it a bit less mean. ;-)

Thank you in advance.

Leroy

It needs some practice, see below. Even with this Porsche drifts can be done. Though it needs higher speeds than expected, which makes is difficult to find the right steering / slip angle. The video below was done with pCars1 on Watkins Glen Short. However, its easier to drift or catch oversteer in pCars2 than pCars1. Have fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeKvGXoSz70

bradleyland
10-11-2017, 21:53
Correcting oversteer takes practice. You need quick hands, a good feel for the car, and a proper FFB setup. Too much FFB can actually make it more difficult to catch slides. When starting out, try adjusting your tone higher, and reduce the volume so that the feel is nice and light. When you encounter oversteer, the wheel should "self correct", but you'll still need to guide it. It's easier to move the wheel quickly when the FFB is light. As you get used to the correction action, you can increase FFB strength.

wcujer80
11-11-2017, 05:10
Like other people have said: practice. Lots and lots of practice. Things like proper FFB (which I'm not sure I even have) will help but the main thing is practice and lots of spins. With time you get a better feel for when you need to start correcting, how much to correct, and how much you need to lift off the throttle. I'm by no means great at catching it now (I'm not even sure I'm good at it) but I'm much better no than I was a month ago because I've put in lots of laps. It may also be beneficial to try some older cars or cars that don't have any traction control. I feel like driving the Ford Falcon has been helping me because there is no TC or differential to help control the car when the back end starts to step out. It is all throttle control and steering input to get the car straight again.

Leroygtt
11-11-2017, 10:09
Thank you all for your input.

I don't use any assists, and I do think it is my overreaction that causes the crash. I use the FFB settings below, and I think it feels good, but maybe you disagree!?

RAW

I'm going for some practice laps again now. ;-)

LockeChris
12-11-2017, 09:24
The gain should always stay at 100 as far as I know, so you don't lose any information. You can then adjust the force with the volume slider. Tone looks good for feeling oversteer, but it's all personal preference.

I think your problem might be to find the right timing. When you catch a slide and you're in opposite lock, you can't wait until the steering force goes away (which is the point of no return where the car will snap in the other direction). You acutally have to work against the wheel's force to return the steering to a neutral position at the moment the rear wheels start to get grip again. In a real car this intuitive because you feel the G-forces, but in the game your only reference is the FFB and the visuals. Takes some practice :)

PostBox981
12-11-2017, 20:00
Guess the first things to do should be:
- load the SMS stable setup
- if that doesnīt do the trick, soften the rear ARB and/or harden the front ARB
- if thatīs not enough soften the rear springs a little
- changing the rear diff can make much difference too

The first point often does the trick for me. :cool:

hkraft300
12-11-2017, 20:58
Guess the first things to do should be:
- load the SMS stable setup
- if that doesnīt do the trick, soften the rear ARB and/or harden the front ARB
- if thatīs not enough soften the rear springs a little
- changing the rear diff can make much difference too

The first point often does the trick for me. :cool:

With a rear heavy car like a 911 you can soften it too far that you have little control of the heavy rear.

They need to be driven differently, because suspension and diff tuning will only cure lift-off oversteer to a point.

PostBox981
13-11-2017, 11:37
With a rear heavy car like a 911 you can soften it too far that you have little control of the heavy rear.

They need to be driven differently, because suspension and diff tuning will only cure lift-off oversteer to a point.

Okay, you might be right. :) I just thought it would be a good idea to look into the setup first instead of searching for FFB issues. Oversteer can have many different reasons. :rolleyes:

bradleyland
13-11-2017, 14:24
The gain should always stay at 100 as far as I know, so you don't lose any information. You can then adjust the force with the volume slider. Tone looks good for feeling oversteer, but it's all personal preference.

I think your problem might be to find the right timing. When you catch a slide and you're in opposite lock, you can't wait until the steering force goes away (which is the point of no return where the car will snap in the other direction). You acutally have to work against the wheel's force to return the steering to a neutral position at the moment the rear wheels start to get grip again. In a real car this intuitive because you feel the G-forces, but in the game your only reference is the FFB and the visuals. Takes some practice :)

Not on console ;) We don't have any wheel control panel to reduce overall force, so we have to use gain to adjust overall force.

ShneebnaMRR108
13-11-2017, 18:38
All of the above, plus BRK BAL 57/43, ARB 60/40, ENG BRK 3, DIFF PreLD 90, CL 4, PR 60, CR 25. At least give it a try.