PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with Xbox controller on PC

cbrown119
10-11-2017, 21:28
Hi,

I'm really having a difficult time with PCars2. Is there any good xbox controller settings for PC out there?

All I'm doing is spinning out on basically every corner. I tried putting assist back on - did not help. going slow-it still happens.

I don't understand it. I never had this bad of a problem before. I tried the community event time trial. I couldn't complete one lap. I spun out on virtually every corner!

Very frustrated. I can't seem to drive any car here.

Is it my controller settings, is it bugs in the game or is it me? Never had this problem with PCars1 and there was a point on Pcars2 where I felt the handling was improved. I just don't know what happened.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks

PasToRRR
10-11-2017, 21:41
You can look in the reddit thread with the title: "How I stopped spinning out and started enjoying the game on an Xbox pad"
I cant post the linik here since im new to the forum.

ABS: low
Stability Control: authentic
Traction control: low

Steering deadzone: 0
Steering sensitivity: 2** (personally changed to 35)
Throttle deadzone: 0
Throttle sensitivity: 1
Brake deadzone: 0
Brake sensitivity: 20
Clutch deadzone: 0
Clutch sensitivity: 25
Speed sensitivity: 92**
Damper saturation: 100
Controller damping: 37**
Controller vibration: 50
Minimum shift: 0

Only thing I changed was the Steering sensitivity: 35, because 2 was really low for me.
Hope it helps.

PasToRRR

V3nom
10-11-2017, 21:55
I am playing this on the ps4 and I gotta admit I tried so many controller setups. It's just to hard and unforgiving to play it on a controller. It may be that the complexity of this game is the reason for all of this.
If you enjoy the game and are sure that you want to get into simracing I suggest buying a wheel.

Roger Prynne
10-11-2017, 22:06
These might or might not help you.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TBS12umK-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=578VLQXPnAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjoGp7wT9eI

How I stopped spinning out and started enjoying the game on an Xbox pad (https://www.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/7buzr7/how_i_stopped_spinning_out_and_started_enjoying/)

biggbaddwolf
11-11-2017, 00:11
I like how everyone's response when it comes to racing games is "Gotta buy a wheel"..Well there are some people like myself, with a disability, where a wheel isn't an option, so I just do the best I can :)

Minimitch
11-11-2017, 00:41
You don't need a wheel to enjoy this game. I've spent over 50 hours on the PS4 version with a pad and love it.

Not sure if the settings are transferable but here's what I use if it helps:-
Steering deadzone 6 (controller is a bit beat up which is why it's not 0)
Steering sensitivity 48
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 10
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 10
Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 10 (obviously these 2 don't matter with auto clutch)
Speed sensitivity 95
Damper saturation 100
Controller damping 79
Controller vibration 100
Minimum shift time 0
RPM/Gear display yes (not that it matters with a controller)

biggbaddwolf
11-11-2017, 01:14
Yeah I got it about a week ago, and have about half that many hours, but yeah I love it, and racing games in general. I researched PC2, and the new Gran Turismo Sport, and decided to go with this one..I think I made the right decision :)

Minimitch
11-11-2017, 01:30
Yeah I was in a similar boat, couldn't decide between PC2 or GTS but luckily I got onto the beta of GTS and within 10 minutes I had decided that I would pre-order PC2 lol

Schumi-
11-11-2017, 09:17
I find the default controller settings to be very, very good indeed, would love to buy a wheel for the full experience, but i have no room, and funds dont allow for one.

MortICi
11-11-2017, 16:24
I play with an Xbox One controller on PC and a G25 (controller when playing on TV for fun runs, G25 and VR for serious bidness) and personally the default controls feel fantastic for me in both cases. I dunno maybe its your driving style? Past experience maybe is forza/gt where its more forgiving on overtly aggressive and improper driving (fast in, hard out : instead of slow in fast out).

Dunno there are a few threads here that maybe will help you dial in the controller to your liking :)

Ferret76
11-11-2017, 18:37
I alternate between a dfgt and xbox 360 pad and find default settings to be great. So good in fact I had a few top time trial times with a controller in a few classes until i beat them with a wheel a short time later. I wish the leaderboard would show both times and not just your quickest time.
Practice, practice and more practice.

monchicles
11-11-2017, 20:00
Default controls are useless for me, way too slow, filtered and damped. Gtr2 was sharper on keyboard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4CI_BlwoiQ&t=

Roushman624
11-11-2017, 22:25
I have gotten very fast with the controller. It just takes a lot of time to personally learn how each car handles and behaves.

cbrown119
11-11-2017, 22:57
I’ve tried about three different settings with a controller and I’m still struggling-it’s a little better where I’m not constantly spinning out but only on a few fast corners. I’ve been testing with the community challenged with the Renault. I haven’t been able to complete one good lap and I feel like I’m about to lose control of the car constantly during the run.

Forget about taking an apex at full throttle on a fast curve, this just doesn’t feel good and I’m losing patience and it’s just not fun.

I never had this sort of problem before... I’ve played pcars1 constantly and was somewhat good. This has become more aggravating than its worth.

I’m done venting my frustrations now.

Roushman624
11-11-2017, 23:26
It is very fun on controller. I barely spin out. The hardest car for me to learn was the Vulcan but now I have it perfectly mastered.

cbrown119
12-11-2017, 21:13
It is very fun on controller. I barely spin out. The hardest car for me to learn was the Vulcan but now I have it perfectly mastered.

If you have time, could you send me your controller settings? Thanks

BubbaGrace
13-11-2017, 01:28
I would say I am marginally fast with a controller. I play a lot of TT on Nordschleife and it is very common for me to find myself as the top guy playing with a controller and average a top 10 time. No Im not bragging, just saying with the right settings you can be competitive with one. I used the settings in the video below as a baseline and made minor changes here and there to suit me. They feel pretty damn good and a hell of a lot better than PCars 1, which I put tons of time in to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=578VLQXPnAs

cbrown119
14-11-2017, 19:45
That YouTube settings are great! Makes such a difference! Thank you!