PDA

View Full Version : Xbox one PC2 game freezes and returns to home screen.

Martin CG
11-11-2017, 08:19
Hi,
Looking for answers to pc2 game freeze rattle like sound coming from screen then if not quiting,game returns to home screen and have to re launch.
Mainly leaving private testing but also returning to lobby from online race.
Have tried hard reset, console reset, remove account,remove and re download game deleted save data etc infact everything suggested by Microsoft support forum.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Just Another Frog
11-11-2017, 09:42
I know it's a bit of a longshot but have you tried cleaning the dust out of all the vents on the console's case? It might just be a case that your XB1 is overheating.
This, along with the internal fan spinning up real fast and making a sound like the disc in the tray had just gone into overdrive used to happen to me loads of times - long before PCars 2 - and a simple thing like cleaning the vents completely cured it.

Not saying it will help you but it's worth a try.

Martin CG
11-11-2017, 14:46
Thanks for that, the noise I mentioned comes from the screen audio not the Xbox it can happen within 10 mins of play or later it only seems to do it on PC2 it's not always but could become a pain if in a liked lobby, it's a digital copy also that's why I re installed it just in case. Thanks again.

trrane
11-11-2017, 14:56
It happens to me too on a brand new Xbox One X so i think it's a game related issue.
Hopefully it's noted and being fixed in the next patch, because it happens to me almost every time i quit a session.

Martin CG
11-11-2017, 17:57
Ok thanks so it looks like a game issue, you need to change your platform setting to read Xbox X instead of pc I made the same mistake,might help with future posts.

Juiced46
11-11-2017, 21:21
Similar thing happens to me. Has happened on both the Xbox One and Xbox One X I am using Digital downloads on both systems. Multiple times, it seems like if I bounce around the menus and make a few changes or back out of a private session or something similar, randomly the game freezes, quick black screen, loud noise from the speakers and it exits to the Xbox Dashboard.

rich1e I
17-11-2017, 21:21
Game freezes quite often lately.

Zaskarspants
18-11-2017, 14:37
Ok here, no freeze ups.

TheBadBoyRay
18-11-2017, 18:57
I'm getting alot of freezes loading into time trials

ChristsChinHair
19-11-2017, 21:09
Yes, loads of freezes on old Xbox one. Too many to really enjoy the game methinks.

Will Postpone purchase of new Xbox one x now as it appears to be the game.

Martin CG
20-11-2017, 13:01
Mines the Xbox one s barely a year old with very little use until I came across Project Cars which is awesome, but in saying that got disconnected in a live race yesterday lost 35 points and game froze and went back to home screen, anyone confirm this issue will be covered in the next patch?
Brilliant game Sms thank you so much only got into this about a year ago and now Iam hooked.:)

OddTimer
21-11-2017, 08:42
as mentioned in my previous post, after updating the X to latest firmware and hardware resetting, things have improved...now, with a bit of more time put into the game, I can confirm crashing to the dashboard or freezing still happens randomly on the X. Let's hope 3.0 will fix this.

HandyAndy1962
30-11-2017, 11:28
I have the same problem that the game freezes when exiting private testing. The screen goes black, there is a buzzing noise from the speakers & then it returns to the Xbox one dashboard. I have noticed that it happens when I have gone into the controls settings & made changes to my steering wheel settings but if I donít change anything I am able to leave private testing without the game crashing so maybe making adjustments is the problem.

Sankyo
30-11-2017, 12:20
I have the same problem that the game freezes when exiting private testing. The screen goes black, there is a buzzing noise from the speakers & then it returns to the Xbox one dashboard. I have noticed that it happens when I have gone into the controls settings & made changes to my steering wheel settings but if I don’t change anything I am able to leave private testing without the game crashing so maybe making adjustments is the problem.

Do you mean adjustments to controls settings from within the pause/pit menu?

HandyAndy1962
30-11-2017, 12:48
Do you mean adjustments to controls settings from within the pause/pit menu?

Yes, youíre correct.