PDA

View Full Version : Several crashes - bug reports

LaManchaah
13-11-2017, 11:21
Hi folks !

I use PC2 on Xbox One X. Since few days, I encountered several bugs after having played in "Private tests" or "Carreer" modes.
The Xbox crashes each time after each race or tests when I leave the leaderboard.
Thanks god, for the moment the results and progresses are validated and I can continue my career when I relaunch the game
but this bug is quite a bit annoying in the end.

Any clues ?

So long folks and thanks in advance for your answers. ;-)

Frédo de la Manchŕ - France

Major Epidemic
14-11-2017, 06:22
Interesting. I have been playing career solidly for the last 20 or so races and not had a single crash. When was the last time you fully shut down the console? That could be worth a shot.

Maybe there is a game setting that is conflicting somewhere. Might be worth finding the defaults out and turning everything back to that and see if it still occurs. My guess it would be a visual setting.

MacNally
16-11-2017, 09:30
I’m also having this exact problem but on the Xbox one s.
It started a couple of weeks back.

OddTimer
16-11-2017, 10:28
I started experiencing that last night after the 200mb patch on the X. After career and single player races, the game crashes and goes back to the dashboard. I've got the feeling that it happens when I restart a race or pause the game for awhile, then after completing the race it crashes....I need to test further to confirm this pattern though.

OddTimer
17-11-2017, 14:50
I installed the latest console update last night and did a hardware reset afterwards. This has fixed this issue for me, maybe it is worth a try?

LaManchaah
17-11-2017, 17:46
Thanks folks for your answers, I realize that I not the only one to have that issue.

To Major Epidemic
Thanks a lot for your fast answer. I try few things and I'll make you a feedback ASAP.

Eversmann 10
19-11-2017, 11:54
I started experiencing that last night after the 200mb patch on the X. After career and single player races, the game crashes and goes back to the dashboard. I've got the feeling that it happens when I restart a race or pause the game for awhile, then after completing the race it crashes....I need to test further to confirm this pattern though.

+1

I have the same issue on Xbox One Fat.
It's the version V2.0.1.1.0919 of the game.
Just before downloading this patch of 200 Mb, this problem was resolved but apparently, it comes back with the new patch.

LaManchaah
24-12-2017, 09:58
Hi Major !
Before to begin, I'd like to wish you a Merry Xmas to you and all the WMD team.

So ! How to begin ?
Just for your information, I bought Pcars2, when I was still using the Xbox 1 fat.
I was also, one of the guys that had to copy the game on an external har-drive to prepare the migration
to the new Xbox one X console.
After having bought the brand new console I copied the game on the new Xbox one X,made the patch
and you know what happened after that.
I want to point out that these crashes occured sometimes on the fat Xbox, but not so often as on the Xbox one X.
I encountered problems with one other game that was Tomb Raider. I had the intuition that it was better to make
for all the game in the future, a proper install from scratch instead of folowing the migration procedure.
So I finally re-installed Pcars 2 from scratch, but I continued to have that issue. Less often that before, but to often
enough.
I tried different visual settings as you told me, but nothing changed.
But, but, but !!! .....

I have a good news for you ! Since the last patch and it seems to have fixed the issue.
Thanks again for your fast answer and have a nice day.