PDA

View Full Version : Formula Renault at Zolder problem?

sp3ctor
16-11-2017, 05:54
I really like Formula Renault but... I'm not sure if this is Zolder or everywhere, but the bollard looking things in the chicanes are apparently made of lead because hitting them will give one 100% damage. Also, I'm wondering if it's just me or are those cars crazy fragile right now? I set up a ten lap race with 30 AI and about half were out by the end and the track looked like a car parts store had exploded on it. Wheels everywhere.

sp3ctor
17-11-2017, 04:54
So in my continuing quest to do weird stuff in this game (like letting my car sit for two hours to see what happens), I went back to see just how slow you could go hitting the plastic bollard things. Basically, in the Formula cars if you idle into the bollards - under 20kph - you'll take 100% front damage. It's not specific to this track either... is that the way it is supposed to be? I realize those front wings are pretty fragile but aren't those bollards floppy plastic?

By comparison, the same bollards do no damage to the front of the 720s but the lower front splitter of that car - assuming its the same as the 650s - is carbon fiber. No doubt it's heavier than a front wing but... for comparison, I drove the 720 full throttle at over 300kph head on into the tires on the first chicane at Le Mans and, although it killed half the suspension, it only showed 60%-ish damage to the front. I'm sure I'll get plenty more opportunities to wreck myself intentionally or otherwise but that seems like a pretty weird spread of damage.

Thoughts?

Sankyo
17-11-2017, 08:20
Every car has its own damage sensitivity settings, so there may be inconsistencies or even bugs (or manufacturer 'requests' :)). Damage should be speed-dependent, I'd expect. I'll report to the devs, but I don't expect this to be treated as urgent (just avoid hitting those things ;)).

Jaood
17-11-2017, 09:50
So in my continuing quest to do weird stuff in this game (like letting my car sit for two hours to see what happens), I went back to see just how slow you could go hitting the plastic bollard things. Basically, in the Formula cars if you idle into the bollards - under 20kph - you'll take 100% front damage. It's not specific to this track either... is that the way it is supposed to be? I realize those front wings are pretty fragile but aren't those bollards floppy plastic?

Your weird stuff is interesting to read keep it up :D
Normally i tend to clean the track of every single one of those litle devilsticks, i found they kill formula wings quite easily. Also some kerbs are suddenly a real threat, some you can only approach at a certain angle without clipping the wing. In Bathurst i noticed that without raising the rideheight a bit and not pushing like a madman i tend to kill the frontwing with ground contact.
Formula Renault works too good without a frontwing i think. Lost only 3,5 seconds at SPA that seems too forgiving..(Damage was off but mechanical failure on and a bollard ate the wing, i could see and feel the missing frontwing)
Also i noticed frontwings and other debree even tyres are gone the next lap, those marshals are insane.
Quite interesting to test a new track for what you can do unpunished, realy adds to the immersion and fun.
And i dont know if the damage is a bit too high, if the bollard is connected enough to the ground it is a threat at any speed.

lancashirelad
17-11-2017, 09:55
I've noticed the lotus 78 goes airborne every time it hits the little corner stubs at spa. Not sure if other tracks have them but I would think it would have the same effect on those tracks too.

Edit I can provide video if needed.

LUN4T1C
17-11-2017, 12:55
Every car has its own damage sensitivity settings, so there may be inconsistencies or even bugs (or manufacturer 'requests' :)). Damage should be speed-dependent, I'd expect. I'll report to the devs, but I don't expect this to be treated as urgent (just avoid hitting those things ;)).

You know, I always suspected the Ferrari 488 gt3 to be so easy to control in the default setup because Ferrari demanded it. Nobody will be able to admit it, but they did do things like this in the past.

Sankyo
17-11-2017, 13:03
You know, I always suspected the Ferrari 488 gt3 to be so easy to control in the default setup because Ferrari demanded it. Nobody will be able to admit it, but they did do things like this in the past.
No such thing in pC2, though.

sp3ctor
17-11-2017, 17:44

Yeah, I understand that it’s not going to be entirely consistent across platforms because even cars within the same class crash differently in real life. I’d expect a 720s to be able to drive away from a more violent wreck than a formula car. I’m just sort of surprised that the bollards do that much damage at that slow a speed. It would be believable at a higher speed but it just seems like either the damage settings on the aero are too low or the settings on the bollards are too high.

I’ll be in your country next week, btw. Love the place.