PDA

View Full Version : No Kerb FF

barrySVT
17-11-2017, 04:26
I cannot feel the kerbs using a Fanatec wheel.
I know the kerbs are there, I can feel the FF if I use a DS4 controller.
Here is my rig:
PS4 Pro
Fanatec GT2 wheel
Clubsport pedals
Drive Hub
(no kerb feel in either “Fanalogic” or “Fanatec” modes)
The wheel and Drive Hub have most current firmware.
PCars2 has the most current patch.
I have tried all sorts of settings and combinations, but nothing works.
It’s like half the experience is missing.
There seems to be some threads in assorted forums that this is a “bug” in PCars2.
Any thoughts or advice?

barrySVT
20-11-2017, 00:45
perhaps there is another forum that I should be searching?

V3n0m
20-11-2017, 06:15
Hey,

It´s a known issue and the devs are working on it... dont think that their is any workaround so far.

Edit: Perhaps the devs are working on it.. :confused:

hkraft300
20-11-2017, 06:37
Is it a fanatec issue, maybe?
I didn't know the GT2 is supported on the ps4 version of pc2.
Have you tried increasing FX?

V3n0m
20-11-2017, 13:40
I´m playing with the official PS4 Fanatec base and it´s the same issue, tried all FFB Settings but nothing. G29 mode ist also a joke

Sankyo
20-11-2017, 14:22
I don't know if it exactly applies to using a CSW v2 through a ChronusMAX/DriveHUB, but a fix is coming for the general missing kerb FFB in the next patch.

barrySVT
20-11-2017, 17:59
I keep hearing "a fix is coming".
When is the fix coming?
Is there a official statement from WMD to support and acknowledge this "fix"?

hkraft300
20-11-2017, 20:24
A fix is coming, if the mods say so. They won’t say it if it’s not official.

There are a few patches yet to come. Keep your knickers on.

The_Flurk
21-11-2017, 12:55
It has been a known issue since day one.
I can overcome it by putting my CSL Elite PS4 (newest firmware, thanks to Fanatec) into compatible mode, which now simulates a Logitech G29.
Then I feel the kerbs or general FX.

Still, it amazes me how much difference there is between the PC and PS4 version's FFB, with the exact same CSL Elite PS4 (it has a PC mode too).
Very frustrating that there still isn't a fix after two months and my 1000 euro hardware is pretty much worthless in this game on PS4. PC is fine and a totally different story.
I stopped playing the game completely since I don't own it on PC and I'm definitely not buying it a second time with this level of underwhelming QA for consoles. I have lost all credibility in this company.
I just check here, on the forum, from time to time if a PS4 update is available. Thought I'd comment on this thread to give you some information.
Unfortunately there's not much we can do but wait it out. I hope the patch will be available by 2018.
I refuse to do more testing to find good settings, because that just makes me feel like I paid for the game to be a beta tester.
The true gaming experiences I have had with this game, I can count them on one hand (it's about 3-4 times everything fell in place FFB-wise on my PS4, which felt great, but I have spent HOURS finding the best settings and overall the FFB is very inconsistent).

barrySVT
23-11-2017, 03:23
It has been a known issue since day one.
I can overcome it by putting my CSL Elite PS4 (newest firmware, thanks to Fanatec) into compatible mode, which now simulates a Logitech G29.
Then I feel the kerbs or general FX.

Still, it amazes me how much difference there is between the PC and PS4 version's FFB, with the exact same CSL Elite PS4 (it has a PC mode too).
Very frustrating that there still isn't a fix after two months and my 1000 euro hardware is pretty much worthless in this game on PS4. PC is fine and a totally different story.
I stopped playing the game completely since I don't own it on PC and I'm definitely not buying it a second time with this level of underwhelming QA for consoles. I have lost all credibility in this company.
I just check here, on the forum, from time to time if a PS4 update is available. Thought I'd comment on this thread to give you some information.
Unfortunately there's not much we can do but wait it out. I hope the patch will be available by 2018.
I refuse to do more testing to find good settings, because that just makes me feel like I paid for the game to be a beta tester.
The true gaming experiences I have had with this game, I can count them on one hand (it's about 3-4 times everything fell in place FFB-wise on my PS4, which felt great, but I have spent HOURS finding the best settings and overall the FFB is very inconsistent).

I would have to agree. Way to much money invested in hardware and then no FFB. For me, Pcars 1 on a PC with near identical hardware was awesome FFB.
To go fast, you need to feel the kerbs and wheel slip. If I cannot go fast, I can't (and will not) go online racing.

Hey WMD fix this or give us our money back!

barrySVT
07-12-2017, 15:59
Turning the FX up to 100 has no effect at all.
It is like there is no FX channel.

hkraft300
07-12-2017, 21:53
Turning the FX up to 100 has no effect at all.
It is like there is no FX channel.

GT cars are pretty lame in the FX channel. Have you tried the Jag XJR-9? After driving that I had to turn down FX.

Have you updated? Patch 3.0 is out.

barrySVT
10-12-2017, 02:37
I can not update to patch 3.0 until 12/13 as I am currently travelling.
Has patch 3.0 remedied the lack of FX for Fanatec?