PDA

View Full Version : PC1 vs PC2

johnnyone
18-11-2017, 22:17
Been playing PC1,didnt realize how good it was, raced Sakito,great racing,tryed the same track on PC2 terrible racing, I hope they fix PC2, I think it will be the best sim around.

ctzn
18-11-2017, 22:19
Exactly what's terrible between the two (Sakito)?

Complaining about something but offering no input as to why doesn't help much.

johnnyone
18-11-2017, 22:34
The AI in PC1 is so much better than PC2, using 60% difficulty in PC1,starting from last,I can just about win. Using 30% difficulty on PC2,Starting last,Not passing many cars. these are 5 Lap races.

O-NO
18-11-2017, 23:07
I keep playing both but what draws me back to PC1 is the rumble using a gamepad it's far better than PC2 which is pretty poor on PC imo.

The AI seem more racey too.

Konan
19-11-2017, 07:57
The AI in PC1 is so much better than PC2, using 60% difficulty in PC1,starting from last,I can just about win. Using 30% difficulty on PC2,Starting last,Not passing many cars. these are 5 Lap races.

You just proved the AI is BETTER in Pcars2...
The idea behind realistic AI is that they match real life as much as possible...so what you are telling is that in fact the AI is too easy in Pcars1..
Also the physics of the cars along with the tracks have improved so it will be more difficult to match AI pace in some cases...

TerminatorGR
19-11-2017, 08:06
The AI in PC1 is so much better than PC2, using 60% difficulty in PC1,starting from last,I can just about win. Using 30% difficulty on PC2,Starting last,Not passing many cars. these are 5 Lap races.PC2 is more difficult than PC1 and this is for the best. PC1 at times was too easy, even on 100.

sasbel
19-11-2017, 08:08
Been playing PC1,didnt realize how good it was, raced Sakito,great racing,tryed the same track on PC2 terrible racing, I hope they fix PC2, I think it will be the best sim around.

Same here, and not only on Sakito but most of the other tracks i'm 2 - 3 secs slower.

Must admit though that in PC1 i was tinkering with the cars setups to squeeze the last hp / km out of it, now can't be bothered anymore due lack of time.
Quite frustrating when you know it can go faster but you don't.

Konan
19-11-2017, 08:16
Same here, and not only on Sakito but most of the other tracks i'm 2 - 3 secs slower.

Must admit though that in PC1 i was tinkering with the cars setups to squeeze the last hp / km out of it, now can't be bothered anymore due lack of time.
Quite frustrating when you know it can go faster but you don't.

Being "a beginner" myself i can match their pace pretty good on 35/35 skill/aggression...only thing i do is choose stable setup and sometimes (mostly depending on weather) change the ABS/traction control...
I don't Always come first...not even second sometimes but that shouldn't be the rule (for me)...having an exciting race and battle is more important...again...for me...

Olijke Poffer
19-11-2017, 08:19
The AI in PC2 has much improved indeed. I drive against 60% AI strength and 60% aggression. This is spot in for me. I really have to fight my way through the top. With this setting they are about my strength. Never could accomplish this in PC1.

Edit: with this setting I need long races to be able to make it to the top 3. In a 5 or 6 lap race I have luck when I can fight myself two or three places up. But that is ok for me. As Konan said. The fun is superb..

Mariangello
19-11-2017, 08:23
For example, I do not need to win every race, I just want to enjoy the racing and each cars... Victory is just a bonus :p

Ian Bell
19-11-2017, 08:39

Fix what?

sasbel
19-11-2017, 08:50
Fix what?

Bigger turbo's :p

johnnyone
19-11-2017, 09:59
For example, I do not need to win every race, I just want to enjoy the racing and each cars... Victory is just a bonus :p

I agree with you 100%, I like a good race more then winning.

MaXyM
19-11-2017, 10:04
This is a breaking-point where simulation meets entertainment.
You guys want to have simulation but on the other hand want good racing, being probably worse driver than average (please don't take it personally).
IMO the solution would be adaptive AI, being able to adapt your skill/pace.
Otherwise you have to train a lot (years probably) to to get to some competitive level comparable with 'more skilled' AI which try to mimic real drivers behaviour/pace.

maTech
19-11-2017, 10:15
Where is the challenge if I can start from last place and overtake all opponents within 5 laps? In my opinion it's boring. I like to fight with the ai, independently from my position. If I sweat after a race with a grin wide than it was a good race :D even if I am 24th of 32 cars.

GTsimms
19-11-2017, 10:22
Where is the challenge if I can start from last place and overtake all opponents within 5 laps? In my opinion it's boring. I like to fight with the ai, independently from my position. If I sweat after a race with a grin wide than it was a good race :D even if I am 24th of 32 cars.

I did enough of that over the years in a title starting with GT!

Konan
19-11-2017, 10:26
I did enough of that over the years in a title starting with GT!

if you're gonna say that much you could've just added the 1,2,3 and 4...LOL
don't even know how many there are...gave up after 4

MaXyM
19-11-2017, 10:32
in the past there were nGT and GT (without number) ;)

TorTorden
19-11-2017, 10:36
Fix what?

I'm sure you have a list and checking it twice ;)

TorTorden
19-11-2017, 10:40
This is a breaking-point where simulation meets entertainment.
You guys want to have simulation but on the other hand want good racing, being probably worse driver than average (please don't take it personally).
IMO the solution would be adaptive AI, being able to adapt your skill/pace.
Otherwise you have to train a lot (years probably) to to get to some competitive level comparable with 'more skilled' AI which try to mimic real drivers behaviour/pace.

Nah just keep the sliders, and allow for extremes.
If people want they can set AI to zero and have them be so braindead they sometimes mistake the brake with the clutch and drive entire laps with the handbrake on.

BMfan
19-11-2017, 12:15
Fix what?

The "noob" view,much better sense of speed in Pcars1
The nonsense of have a next lap disqualified because you ran wide or spun two corners from finish line.

Other than those it's a great game,for me.

milliotseb
19-11-2017, 12:17
Being "a beginner" myself i can match their pace pretty good on 35/35 skill/aggression

35 skill is not a beginner level (using a gamepad). I am using 20-25 on Xbox (and I am not a beginner at all. Or I sure hope that I am not ;)
I agree that you don't have to win all the time. The only small problem is that usually the first 3 AI usually have their own pace so hard to get back into battle once you are in the pack battle.

Konan
19-11-2017, 12:20
35 skill is not a beginner level (using a gamepad). I am using 20-25 on Xbox (and I am not a beginner at all. Or I sure hope that I am not ;)

It isn't?
WOW i'm better than i thought....:p

cortextual
19-11-2017, 15:30
What I don't understand is in Mario Kart I could go round corners as fast as I wanted and jump over stuff, in project cars I have to vary my speed to match the corners or my tires just feel like they aren't gripping AT ALL. It's really stupid. Plus the red shell button does like... absolutely nothing.

Seriously though, PC2 is better in every way, if you prefer PC1 it's probably because you prefer a less realistic racing game. Nothing wrong with that, but trying to get them to change it to be more like PC1 is pretty retrogressive.

O-NO
19-11-2017, 15:42
As I say for me it's the rumble with a gamepad on a PC which is not as good as it was in PC1 so I don't believe I'm being 'retrogressive' at all.

cortextual
19-11-2017, 15:44
As I say for me it's the rumble with a gamepad on a PC which is not as good as it was in PC1 so I don't believe I'm being 'retrogressive' at all.

That's ok, I was talking to the OP.

O-NO
19-11-2017, 15:52
That's ok, I was talking to the OP.

LOL apologies.

fresquito
19-11-2017, 16:09
Fix what?
His hands.

johnnyone
19-11-2017, 16:37
Fix what?

Dont you know what needs fixing,isnt that why the next patch is so large ?

FORTKNOXFIVE
19-11-2017, 17:16

really?..

Konan
19-11-2017, 17:46
really?..

To say it with Ian's words: really what? :rolleyes:

julia-6
19-11-2017, 19:56
Forza 6 - wins 30 lap endurance race on Spa on unbeatable with Flying Lizard Porsche. In private league. Regularly placed 6th or better out of 15. Got podiums against the guys. Not the fastest driver in the world, but people make mistakes.
PC 1 - free on XBox Gold - tries it. Virtually unplayable with game pad. No money or room for wheel. Sorry.
Forza 7 - what's up with this straight line speed boost of the AI? Many problems. Just go read forums. I won't go into it.
Buys PC 2 - Hey it works with game pad! :tickled_pink: Gets nearly same times with GT3 car on Watkins Glen Short as in Forza 6 during test run which was in top 1% on LB. :victorious: PC 2 to gamer during first three races - "You suck. Lower difficulty." Gamer - :hopelessness: Swallows pride. Drops AI skill to 25. Leaves aggression on 50.

PC 2 is difficult. There is a learning curve. And we have to learn about set up. Why that "hey the car is loose" stuff is nice, we have to learn how to set up our cars, too. And if we have game pads it's setting up those properly. And seriously, don't try racing GT3 cars on Classic Spa on day 1 in heavy fog. I don't care how many assists you're running that hill is slippery. Yes I know the track no longer exists, but in a parallel universe it does.

GTsimms
19-11-2017, 22:23
Forza 6 - wins 30 lap endurance race on Spa on unbeatable with Flying Lizard Porsche. In private league. Regularly placed 6th or better out of 15. Got podiums against the guys. Not the fastest driver in the world, but people make mistakes.
PC 1 - free on XBox Gold - tries it. Virtually unplayable with game pad. No money or room for wheel. Sorry.
Forza 7 - what's up with this straight line speed boost of the AI? Many problems. Just go read forums. I won't go into it.
Buys PC 2 - Hey it works with game pad! :tickled_pink: Gets nearly same times with GT3 car on Watkins Glen Short as in Forza 6 during test run which was in top 1% on LB. :victorious: PC 2 to gamer during first three races - "You suck. Lower difficulty." Gamer - :hopelessness: Swallows pride. Drops AI skill to 25. Leaves aggression on 50.

PC 2 is difficult. There is a learning curve. And we have to learn about set up. Why that "hey the car is loose" stuff is nice, we have to learn how to set up our cars, too. And if we have game pads it's setting up those properly. And seriously, don't try racing GT3 cars on Classic Spa on day 1 in heavy fog. I don't care how many assists you're running that hill is slippery. Yes I know the track no longer exists, but in a parallel universe it does.

Project CARS 2 is the closest sim to real life driving, that I have experienced out of all the sims with a wheel!

julia-6
19-11-2017, 22:59
Project CARS 2 is the closest sim to real life driving, that I have experienced out of all the sims with a wheel!

I've had the game a week. It's hard. But even with the controller, now that I've gotten that sorted out I'm really enjoying the game. I'm sure if I had a wheel it would be more fun. But that's not in the cards. Still there's the pit strategies, requesting a pit, changing tires during a race. The only thing I wish was that the numbers on the screen were larger when you're doing your car set up. I'm sure they're fine if you have a 4K 65" TV, but on a 46" TV at 7' away they're a tad small.

Olijke Poffer
20-11-2017, 07:19
Can't judge on this subject because I never drove a real race car so I don't know how it suppose to feel. It does not matter also. The only thing that counts for me is, Do I enjoy the experience?, well I can be short on that one. Hell yes..... I love it..
Whether it does not feel like the real deal or close to the real thing is for me subordinate.

Sankyo
20-11-2017, 07:20
You stated that racing on Sakitto in pC2 was worse than in pC1 and asked to fix it, without specifying at all why it was worse and what needs fixing. So you're talking specifically of fixing something at Sakitto, but now you're making a general statement about fixing bugs in pC2. Those are two different discussions. Ian's 'fix what?' question was about your original vague statement that something is broken in pC2 regarding Sakitto.

johnnyone
20-11-2017, 09:29
You stated that racing on Sakitto in pC2 was worse than in pC1 and asked to fix it, without specifying at all why it was worse and what needs fixing. So you're talking specifically of fixing something at Sakitto, but now you're making a general statement about fixing bugs in pC2. Those are two different discussions. Ian's 'fix what?' question was about your original vague statement that something is broken in pC2 regarding Sakitto.

Isn't that why you have beta testers to find out whats wrong with the game ?

Sankyo
20-11-2017, 09:33
Isn't that why you have beta testers to find out whats wrong with the game ?
Again, since you did not specify what is broken according to you, asking questions like these isn't useful. First you should show what you experienced to be wrong.

If it's just that you need to set the AI strength lower in pC2 in order to win, then that's not a bug unless you show that for other tracks you can beat the AI in the same car on a much higher AI strength.

MrA2theK
20-11-2017, 12:03
It isn't?
WOW i'm better than i thought....:p

So am I apparently, I thought I was being a proper nancy with it set to 70!

Urban Chaos 2.0
20-11-2017, 12:20
Project Cars 2, is in every single respect, better than Project Cars 1. It can be debated whether or not it has better graphics, but in every way, it's better. As with the first one however, YOU NEED TO KNOW CARS. You need to know how to set up a car, and you need to know how to drive one. That's what separates a sim from a "just a game", and that's what places Project Cars 2 so far ahead of any other sim I've tried. It's such a true-to-life and enjoyable experience, I get lost in the game's awesomeness every time I try it out.

Mr Schumacher
21-11-2017, 06:22
One noticeable issue that PC2 has that PC1 does not, is the stream of smoke that follows your car during long fast turns like the carousel at Road America.. It looks like your drifting and sliding instead of griping the track.. hopefully this issue is fixed soon.. Besides that, keep up the great work SMS

Mr Schumacher
21-11-2017, 06:26
I'm also noticing some of the GT cars like the FORD GTLM/GTE To be specific having issues when Down shifting.. where as the other cars in its class don't have this issue.. hopefully we see this issue fixed soon.. Besides that, keep up the great work SMS

Sankyo
21-11-2017, 07:27
One noticeable issue that PC2 has that PC1 does not, is the stream of smoke that follows your car during long fast turns like the carousel at Road America.. It looks like your drifting and sliding instead of griping the track.. hopefully this issue is fixed soon.. Besides that, keep up the great work SMS
This is a known issue and purely a visual thing. Don't know if it will be fixed in this patch, depends on ease of fixing and priority.

O-NO
21-11-2017, 12:08
Remco Van Dijk do you know if the rumble with a gamepad has been noted in PC2 compared with PC1?

Sankyo
21-11-2017, 12:13
Remco Van Dijk do you know if the rumble with a gamepad has been noted in PC2 compared with PC1?
I don't know what problem you're referring to?

O-NO
21-11-2017, 12:18
I don't know what problem you're referring to?

Gamepad rumble on a PC is quite weak with PCars2 compared to PCars1 which is very good.

Sankyo
21-11-2017, 14:37
Gamepad rumble on a PC is quite weak with PCars2 compared to PCars1 which is very good.
Are you using the latest firmware on the XB1 gamepad?

O-NO
21-11-2017, 15:11
Are you using the latest firmware on the XB1 gamepad?

I'm on Firmware version 3.1.12210.

There are a few other posts around regarding this. On a 360 pad I hardly had any vibration. Xbox one is a little better but nowhere near as good as the vibration in Pcars1.

Gix916
22-11-2017, 07:56
the thing I find to be not so good on PC2 is the AI. I feel I am having a race with the PC1 AI, they move to avoid contact(most of the time) and will fight back for a position lost, sometimes a bit to aggressively. But I'd rather have a fight with aggressive AI than PC2 where you spend ages catching them because doing roughly the same laptimes, then when you get past they just fall away. Usually overtaking the PC2 AI results in them turning in on you and making contact.
In PC1 I have AI set to 80 for almost everything. In PC2 i have to change AI level based on class/track/weather. I have turned the aggression up to 90 to try and get them to "fight" but not worked yet, in fact not actually noticed any difference moving the aggression slider.

I know that the AI is getting tweeks so hopefully this will improve.

belaki
22-11-2017, 13:41

Granted, it's bizarre to see, but I don't consider it a bug. You need to review your settings for differential and traction control. You are putting down more power than the tire can accept, and the smoke is there to alert you to the problem.

belaki
22-11-2017, 13:47
I'm also noticing some of the GT cars like the FORD GTLM/GTE To be specific having issues when Down shifting.. where as the other cars in its class don't have this issue.. hopefully we see this issue fixed soon.. Besides that, keep up the great work SMS

Once again, not a bug. If the car hesitates or ignores downshifts, traction control is set too tight (too low of a percentage in settings).

Cheers!

belaki
22-11-2017, 14:01
To the folks complaining about game pads....: FFB in PC2 is an order of magnitude better than PC1. How much time have you spent trying to adjust FFB to give you what you think you want?

O-NO
22-11-2017, 14:31
To the folks complaining about game pads....: FFB in PC2 is an order of magnitude better than PC1. How much time have you spent trying to adjust FFB to give you what you think you want?

Adjust it where?

Boneboys
22-11-2017, 14:49
In the FFB settings page (for wheels).

O-NO
22-11-2017, 14:53
In the FFB settings page (for wheels).

Only option for gamepad is Controller Vibration.....1 - 100. FFB Settings are greyed out.

Mr Schumacher
24-11-2017, 10:39
Once again, not a bug. If the car hesitates or ignores downshifts, traction control is set too tight (too low of a percentage in settings).

Cheers!

This is not true.. I drive every single car the same.. with no Assist.. so I'm not using traction control.

Mr Schumacher
24-11-2017, 10:41
Granted, it's bizarre to see, but I don't consider it a bug. You need to review your settings for differential and traction control. You are putting down more power than the tire can accept, and the smoke is there to alert you to the problem.

How does that make any since?