PDA

View Full Version : Look Function ?

BigDad
19-11-2017, 03:31
Why when i use look function in cockpit cam does the sound change from left to right ?
Even on cars where the exhaust is central the sound goes to almost non on one side and loud on the other !
I could understand if it was simulating the exhaust was on the left so sound is louder on left but it isn't really the case .
Could we just get it to be the same from side to side ?

Atak Kat
19-11-2017, 05:23
Same question here. I only setup look left/right buttons yesterday and it's the first thing I noticed. It's quite distracting actually. I understand maybe the intent or idea, but how it sounds in headphones is completely over-the-top and not at all realistic. Perhaps a MUCH more subtle shifting of the sound would be interesting, but the way it is, is very strange and distracting.

beatrunner
19-11-2017, 06:34
it's got nothing to do with listening with headphones. it's also over the top on regular speakers. i'm using track ir and the soundshifting got nothing to do with what a headmovement IRL changes the way you hear your car...

i'd love to have the ability to mix all the beautiful sounds PC2 has to offer more to my liking (i mean, all the sounds are there anyway. so why can't i have the sound of "following cam" in my beloved "helmet cam"? i mean, the sound is there...so...

BigDad
19-11-2017, 09:42
I'm glad it's not just me that it's bugging and cant believe it hasnt been addressed earlier !

beatrunner
20-11-2017, 20:35
IMHO the sound-designers/engineers generally did a fantastic job on the sounds itself, but kind of rushed at the details (like this panning issue). other things that are obviously unprofessional regarding sounds are the engine-loop-sounds when you are sitting at the pit. in most cases you then can hear the sound pattern / the loop repeating over and over again. instead of a nicely tuned engine-sound.