PDA

View Full Version : Overheating

ImpliedConsent
20-11-2017, 23:24
I'm racing a Corvette C7.R (GTE). I use the rules/regulations and set everything to authentic. I can practice and qualify and the temp doesn't pop more than 180-200 over many laps (20+).

Yet, come to the race (same setup) and suddenly I can't get 4-5 laps in when my temps are hitting 270+, getting screamed at by my pit, then eventually blew the motor. I can rev down, short shift, sloooowly press on the accelerator, attempt NOT to downshift...blah. I set that radiator opening to 100%... nothing. Tires: beautiful wear

This is a new phenomenon to me. The recommendation to turn off mechanical damage is not the answer. Any other suggestions?

MuddyPaws73
21-11-2017, 00:14
Ambient / Track temperature differences?

maxx69
21-11-2017, 00:36
I'm racing a Corvette C7.R (GTE). I use the rules/regulations and set everything to authentic. I can practice and qualify and the temp doesn't pop more than 180-200 over many laps (20+).

Yet, come to the race (same setup) and suddenly I can't get 4-5 laps in when my temps are hitting 270+, getting screamed at by my pit, then eventually blew the motor. I can rev down, short shift, sloooowly press on the accelerator, attempt NOT to downshift...blah. I set that radiator opening to 100%... nothing. Tires: beautiful wear

This is a new phenomenon to me. The recommendation to turn off mechanical damage is not the answer. Any other suggestions?

on PS4 it's a common problem . In our league races we've had to turn off mechanical damage.
I've opened the radiator to 100% , changed to automatic transmission still the car overheated.

I'm sure something is bugged in the game .

hkraft300
21-11-2017, 13:35
I’ve only seen this problem with the Toyota 86 GT4 car. Front brake ducts are greyed in car setup menu. They overheat, as does the engine.

News to me about the C7R GTE car. I’ve raced that a bit under different (warm and hot conditions with no issues.

ImpliedConsent
21-11-2017, 23:16
Great... I turn off rules/regulations - no more overheat at races. I can actually tweak my radiator opening. Well, that's an unusual fix. :confused: