PDA

View Full Version : R8 LMS Wobble at Zolder

Zenzic
21-11-2017, 20:46
Hi

I've been driving the Audi R8 LMS around Zolder for a good hour and I'm experiencing an annoyance. Every lap again the car wobbles through turns 3, 4 and 5. The effect can be felt through force feedback as well, causing the wheel to rhythmically rotate left and right. In the video below it's most noticeable from 0:06 to 0:09, again from 0:11 to 0:13 and finally from 0:16 to 0:18. It kind of feels like I'm driving a boat around those parts. :) The rest of the lap the car feels fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biIN-JKSmVE&feature=youtu.be

I haven't got much experience with tuning apart from the basics. In the video above I'm using the default loose setup. I would assume this has something to do with damper settings. Would someone be willing to give me some pointers on what to change and by how much?

Thanks!

blinkngone
21-11-2017, 23:40
Hi

I've been driving the Audi R8 LMS around Zolder for a good hour and I'm experiencing an annoyance. Every lap again the car wobbles through turns 3, 4 and 5. The effect can be felt through force feedback as well, causing the wheel to rhythmically rotate left and right. In the video below it's most noticeable from 0:06 to 0:09, again from 0:11 to 0:13 and finally from 0:16 to 0:18. It kind of feels like I'm driving a boat around those parts. :) The rest of the lap the car feels fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biIN-JKSmVE&feature=youtu.be

I haven't got much experience with tuning apart from the basics. In the video above I'm using the default loose setup. I would assume this has something to do with damper settings. Would someone be willing to give me some pointers on what to change and by how much?

Thanks!
Hi Zenzic, these are the suspension and damper settings of the top 2 R8 LMS cars at Zolder on PC.
1st place.
2nd place.
Default dampers.

Zenzic
22-11-2017, 10:20
Thank you! I'll check that out next time around!

wesker6664
22-11-2017, 13:52
I don't think you can really solve this, as it's a track problem. During development it had been pointed out that at the places you mention the water accumulates, and forms a regular wave pattern (i don't think i'm allowed to post here the link to the video sorry).

Fanapryde
22-11-2017, 16:47
You need to adjust the suspension to your likings if you have trouble in these corners.
pC2 Zolder track is OK (apart from the red Coca-Cola advert that has been changed since two years), it is like that IRL too, and it changes throughout seasons/years.
It is even like that in other sims, you get the same wobble (depending on car and setup) in AMS, RF2, R3E and AC too.
So, don't worry, just be prepared... :)

tommysalami
23-12-2017, 21:17
I don't think you can really solve this, as it's a track problem. During development it had been pointed out that at the places you mention the water accumulates, and forms a regular wave pattern (i don't think i'm allowed to post here the link to the video sorry).

I've noticed this as well. Why not smooth the track surface? They fixed the bump at Sakitto, why not fox this? I wouldn't say that this can't be solved