PDA

View Full Version : Different drivers (same team) in endurance races?

Litusgaga
22-11-2017, 14:09
Hi!

Yesterday I was doing an endurance race with my brother as we usually do and it occurred to me that it would be really nice to have the opportunity to create different drivers in order to race together in the same device as a team in endurance races and not having to share the same driver in the race.

When I race with my brother or some friends, we are all together and we share the practice and qualifying time but we don't know each other time (well, we know but in the game it only appears the fastest one). During the race, we change the driver when we do a pit stop in order to simulate as much as possible a real race. However, during practices and the race, only one driver exists for the game.

I think it would be nice to have the opportunity to create 3-4 drivers in the same team in an endurance race and having, for example, the lap times of each driver and being able to compare the lap times of every member of the team and using them as a time reference during practice or race. That would be great to have separated lap times in order to know who is the fastest, who is the most consistent...etc.

During the race, in every pit stop, we would be able to change the driver (like you change tires, add fuel...etc) and select the one who were really going to take the wheel.

I don't know if that is really difficult to apply to the game and if it's worth to do it compared with the work it would take to do it. It's just an extra that would help to the immersion of the game in my opinion.

Thank you!

PS: I'm sorry if that was posted before. I didn't find anything similar...

jimmyb_84
22-11-2017, 16:19
i would have a use for it as the mrs is rubbish lol. Changing the “driver ID” is a great idea just like a real race. would make for very good “endurance events”

satco1066
22-11-2017, 19:50
Driver swap was discussed. But that would be between 2 players on 2 devices.
i think changing player ID w/o logout/in would not be possible as of restrictions by Sony/MS/Steam

Litusgaga
22-11-2017, 21:44
Driver swap was discussed. But that would be between 2 players on 2 devices.
i think changing player ID w/o logout/in would not be possible as of restrictions by Sony/MS/Steam

My idea wasn't changing player ID. It's much easier. Just before the race, when you enter all the characteristics of it (length, weather conditions, car number...etc), there could be the possibility to create additional human drivers for the team. No need to have different IDs and changing them.