PDA

View Full Version : Pit strategy tire pressure bug - possible reproduction!?

Sessionerror
23-11-2017, 07:47
There is a bug concerning the tire pressures in pit strategies. I'm pretty sure it is known: You set tire pressures for your pit strategy in training or qualifying and if you doublecheck your strategies in the 2 minute pre-race screen, they can be different. Sometimes they are the same, sometimes not. First, we thought it might only be a GUI bug, but it isn't. Changing the tires with such a strategy that shows wrong tire pressures pre-race also gives you wrong tire pressure if you conduct a pit stop in race.

So far, this should be known. In our community, a couple of PS4 members tried to reproduce the bug. Does it matter whether there have been other strategies saved before? Does it matter whether you save the strategy in training or qualifying? What about online vs. offline? Until now, however, it seemed to be completely random.

Now though, there might be a hint of what's going on: It seems like the tire pressures of the saved strategies go crazy if you change your setup! So if you use a different setup in qualifying, create your race strategies with this setup applied and change your setup to a different one prior to the race, the tire pressures in your already saved strategies seem to change to drastical (nearly undrivable) values.

I guess this bug already destroyed the races of a couple of drivers in many races with predefinied race strategies. So I think I'd be really good if more drivers can try those reproductions steps (on different platforms as well), so it's easier to find the actual root for the bug and it can be fixed. Has anyone made the same experience? Or do you have additional reproduction steps?

hkraft300
23-11-2017, 08:34
Subscribed.

So far having changed from slicks to wets the pressures have been way high, but managed to drive it.

This is an interesting point to note.

Will have a test over the weekend.

Biddrace
23-11-2017, 08:41
I've h ad the same problem.

in our league many drivers are affected by this.

Sessionerror
23-11-2017, 08:44
I've h ad the same problem.

in our league many drivers are affected by this.

Would be great if you can have a look at the setup and strategy saving steps the next time and document them :) It really seems to be random, but somehow, there has to be some "logic" behind the bug. Let's try to give the devs the best reproductions steps possible and the community members some steps to avoid the bug until there'll be a fix, if possible.

homer-fiftyone
23-11-2017, 09:01
I can reproduce the bug as following example (maybe exact values are different)

-load any setup (e.g. race set with tire pressure 1.37 bar)
-make a pit strategy from default, the tire pressure will be same as loaded setup (1.37)
-now load another setup (e.g. qualifying set) and go racing on track for short
-go back to boxmenue and have look into your pit strategy, there you can see almost decreased tire pressures (e.g. 0.91bar)
-thinking “oh, that’s wrong” and changing to your correct pressure 1.37 for race and save
-now load another setup (e.g. back to race set)
-have a look into your strategy and you will see well increased pressures (e.g. 1.96bar)
-go into race and do pit stop with your strategy and tire change, the 1.96 bar cold pressure will cause you getting tires with about 2.6bar and feeling the car undrivable

Why are the tire pressures decreased after loading other setups? This seems the bug causing the further trouble.

Bruno Alexandre
23-11-2017, 09:23
I'll look into it, thank you guys.

Sessionerror
23-11-2017, 09:25

Thanks! If you need any further information, Bruno, let us know ;)

badbuster
23-11-2017, 09:36
Yesterday in a Race with sessionerror i testet it that way:

Made my PS Strategy during Qualifiing with Raceset, saved and didnt change the Raceset anymore.
Then during Startscreen i checked my strategy. Result, pressure shown round about 4 PSI higher then saved during Quali. Didnt change it.
In the race the tirepressure was round about as much higher after Pitstop w Tirechange like shown in startscreen compared with the saved pressures in Qualifiing (pressure warm i mean).

Hope this helps to get te Bug fixed...

TexasTyme214
23-11-2017, 11:14
I have definitely seen this multiple times. My current workaround is to only use default pit strategy and manipulate it on track. The default strategy's tire pressures seem to always mirror your setup's pressures.

Bruno Alexandre
23-11-2017, 11:45
I can reproduce the bug as following example (maybe exact values are different)

-load any setup (e.g. race set with tire pressure 1.37 bar)
-make a pit strategy from default, the tire pressure will be same as loaded setup (1.37)
-now load another setup (e.g. qualifying set) and go racing on track for short
-go back to boxmenue and have look into your pit strategy, there you can see almost decreased tire pressures (e.g. 0.91bar)
-thinking “oh, that’s wrong” and changing to your correct pressure 1.37 for race and save
-now load another setup (e.g. back to race set)
-have a look into your strategy and you will see well increased pressures (e.g. 1.96bar)
-go into race and do pit stop with your strategy and tire change, the 1.96 bar cold pressure will cause you getting tires with about 2.6bar and feeling the car undrivable

Why are the tire pressures decreased after loading other setups? This seems the bug causing the further trouble.

I've tried following these steps but i'm not getting it here, the tire pressure remains identical on the pit-strategy screen regardless of how many tuning setups i go through or what value each one has in their tire setup. Could someone get a video of what is happening, so i can be sure i'm following the right steps ?

homer-fiftyone
23-11-2017, 11:57
I use the PS4 plattform

Sessionerror
23-11-2017, 11:59
I use the PS4 plattform

Mh...while there seem to be more reports from PS4 users indeed, at least in the beginning of the discussion in our community there have been reports from PC users as well. So I think it should be platform independent?

Bruno Alexandre
23-11-2017, 12:04
I have all platforms, so it doesn't matter much :|

eco2006
23-11-2017, 12:12
I had an issue with tire pressures after a pit stop as well. I was doing a 2h race on Fuji with GT3s and setup a pit strategy with the same tire pressures (1,4 bar) as my setup, but after the stop the tire pressures were around 1 bar (15-16psi). Another strange thing with the tire pressures i found was at the start of the formation lap the tire pressures were around 32psi, with my setup and the track temperatures i never managed to get them over 29psi.

Sessionerror
23-11-2017, 12:15
Another strange thing with the tire pressures i found was at the start of the formation lap the tire pressures were around 32psi, with my setup and the track temperatures i never managed to get them over 29psi.

This is a different "issue" and due to the heat and pressure simulation. Once the system gets back into balance, the pressure should be back to normal as well. Mostly, this is already the case by the end of formation lap.

bmanic
23-11-2017, 12:27
I think this is a general funkyness with the car setups as it involves loading a setup. For instance in Time Trial, I sometimes randomly can not successfully load a saved car setup. Nothing gets loaded. The only way to guarantee a 100% car setup to be loaded is to go out of Time Trial and load it in free practice.

This has happened a few times to me.

The point is that it's definitely not 100% reproducible and only happens randomly. The whole file handling thing is really wonky (and has been such as we all know, since pCars 1 or even the Shift days). This is an area that hopefully got a lot of attention during the current patch development.

blankfile
23-11-2017, 12:43
I've had this when switching between sessions, check the pitstrategy again and the pressures there are much lower than i had set in practice.

Bruno Alexandre
23-11-2017, 13:05
The car setup changing is something we've fixed for Patch3, you will be able to see on your pre-race screen which setup you have loaded from now on without having to enter the tuning setup :)

EDIT:
Btw let's not divert from the original report, keep the replies to just this issue as i'm not turning this thread into a AMA session.

Bruno Alexandre
23-11-2017, 14:04
Found it, now to figure out exactly what it is triggering it, thank you all for the feedback.

Bruno Alexandre
23-11-2017, 14:08
This seems to be just the UI displaying a wrong value, if you perform a pit-stop with that strategy active and without making any re-adjustments it will apply the right values. Regardless we're on it, just wanted to share to see if you guys see the same.

Sessionerror
23-11-2017, 14:11
This seems to be just the UI displaying a wrong value, if you perform a pit-stop with that strategy active and without making any re-adjustments it will apply the right values. Regardless we're on it, just wanted to share to see if you guys see the same.

No Bruno, as I stated in the OP this was my assumption first as well (and which I reported in WMD 2). But we had a lot of occurences of the bug by now and often enough the values applied at the pit stop were not the ones we set in the original strategy, so it doesn't seem to be only an UI bug. I think the reports in here reflect that as well.

Bruno Alexandre
23-11-2017, 14:16
No Bruno, as I stated in the OP this was my assumption first as well (and which I reported in WMD 2). But we had a lot of occurences of the bug by now and often enough the values applied at the pit stop were not the ones we set in the original strategy, so it doesn't seem to be only an UI bug. I think the reports in here reflect that as well.

Well that 2nd part is something i haven't picked up yet, but hopefully fixing the main issue will also solve that one.

Sessionerror
23-11-2017, 14:21
Well that 2nd part is something i haven't picked up yet

That's why I wanted to point it out once again, so it doesn't get overlooked ;) Maybe we could still get a video from someone, showing those wrong values applied?

Y22 Rydr
23-11-2017, 14:56
Noticed it today in online races. I would modify my pit strategy prior to qualifying and seen the pit setup that I made offline would raise the tire pressure about 1 bar from what I had it set for. Next time online I will see if I can reproduce and provide more specifics.

Bruno Alexandre
23-11-2017, 17:07
Try to get me a video of that 2nd situation where the pit-strategy even when displaying the wrong values is not giving the right pressures. The other i've found out how to make it happen, now we just need a programmer to look into it.

Dynomight Motorsports
23-11-2017, 23:40
a few Drivers in my league and myself have experienced this glitch. We've been trying to pit without changing tires, but that isn't always an option. Its not just a GUI glitch. The pressures are way off in some occasions. Example: after a tire change at RedBull Ring my pressures were supposed to be 1.51, 1.54, 1.46, 1.44 and I came out of the pits with 3.56, 3.55, 3.49, 3.46. I checked my HUD to verify what compound I was on. My compound was correct.

Tar Heel
24-11-2017, 05:55

Is it a known issue that if you select a custom race strategy with tire changes enabled that it will be ignored unless you make a change to the strategy on track?

I was in a 4 hour enduro race and when I went for my second pit stop I didn't get new tires even though I had it selected in the custom strategy. It has happend a couple times. Sorry if this was already known!

homer-fiftyone
24-11-2017, 06:08
I have made two videos to show workflow as described in my post #5
unfortunately I am not allowed to post videos or links, so you have to copy the video title and past into youtube search

first video shows how you end up in much too hight pressures after pit stop, this works everytime for me
videos title #1: "Pit Strategy causing failure in tire pressure #1"

second video shows, how to fix this, as you can readjust the pressure values in pre-race screen
video title #2: "Pit Strategy causing failure in tire pressure #2"

Sessionerror
24-11-2017, 06:23
I have made two videos to show workflow as described in my post #5
unfortunately I am not allowed to post videos or links, so you have to copy the video title and past into youtube search

first video shows how you end up in much too hight pressures after pit stop, this works everytime for me
videos title #1: "Pit Strategy causing failure in tire pressure #1"

second video shows, how to fix this, as you can readjust the pressure values in pre-race screen
video title #2: "Pit Strategy causing failure in tire pressure #2"

Inserted the videos for you (I think you need a certain number of posts to be allowed to do this):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFLLVy3H1cw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCuYaAQrrwI

Sessionerror
07-12-2017, 10:09
Getting wrong pressures seems to be connected to online sessions and setting them active prior the to ready screen as well. If you create them offline and set them active in the ready screen, it seems like you get the right pressures.

Another member of our community created a video which shows that loading setups and strategies and setting them active let the values go crazy:

https://youtu.be/N2VpXoFO6ss

The Breeze
07-12-2017, 14:33
I have a tyre/tire pressure issue on PC. Had this with the Porsche Cayman GT4. Setup front tyre pressure 1.34... can't select 1.34 in pit strategy, it jumps from 1.33 to 1.35 ? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Snapper
21-01-2018, 00:35
Had this twice in one race today. Setup pit strategy in practice with same pressures as loaded setup at 1.88 bar. At the end of practice (but with time still to end of session) checked them and they’ve changed to 0.91 bar. I changed them again and saved the strategy. Then go to the ready up screen and check again and they’re at 2.44 bar. I caught it this time but often have 3 or 4 strategies because it’s easier to select a different strategy while driving than to change what the strategy does. You can maybe change one or two strategies but 3 or 4 takes more than 2 minutes and you get disqualified...I know this happened on an endurance race I’d practiced for hours for...

In the same race two drivers were not given new tyres even though their pit strategy showed change “all”. In a wet to dry race over 80 mins it ruined their races. Would be great to hear this is going to get fixed...and even better to know roughly when? I can get video if required...

sas5320
21-01-2018, 17:16
Tyre change bugs hit me in pc1, if they couldnt fix it in last 3 years....

Slicker_VR
23-01-2018, 14:11
this is making our endurance league a nightmare - i'm spending the full 2minutes pre-race resetting the pressures in my pit strategies - nearly missed the start yesterday 3 secs remaining.

please get this sorted,guys - this is the only real issue i have with this game now, i'm really loving it - but this hurts

Slicker_VR
23-01-2018, 14:14
just to set for notifications ;)

g33k hack3rs
23-01-2018, 14:30
I've had the issue that tires were not changed twice even though I selected to change all tires. At that time it was set to "best" but later changed it to specific dry setup and wet setup. With the specific compound selected it seems to work so I'm not sure if there is something wrong with leaving the option open to change to "best" choice and not specific compound.

One thing to add to this is that I can't understand why the pressure selection in the setup menu isn't the same as the pressure selection in the strategy menu. Surely if you've spent all that time to get the psi selection correct then having to change to bar for tire pressure doesn't make sense. Could we please have the same pressure in both setup and strategy. I don't mind how it is controlled but as long as it is consistent in both menus then it would be much better than the current state where it is different. This is probably because the selection for measurements in metric or other option is applied to one menu only and not both.

MaXyM
23-01-2018, 14:36
Speaking about changing presssure in pits:

Description of pit strategy pressure items says that pressure is being set regardless tires are replaced or not. Question is: do the numbers in strategy menu matches initial temperature (the same temperature as in setup) or a tire current temperature? If the latter, then it leads to serious inconsistency of setting pressures for setup and strategy.

Let's say I have set pressure 1.47 in setup of GT3 car. AFAIK it's pressure of pre-warmed tire which is something about 80*C.
Before a race I want to set up strategy for pitstop without changing tires. But I want to be sure current tires will remain unchanged (pressure-wise). If I set presure in strategy to the same value (1.47) and go to pit with 100*C tires, it very likely will end up with screwed tire performance.

Am I right? Or description in pit strategy menu is confusing?

or what temperature the pressure in strategy menu is valid for in case tires are not going to be changed

MaximusN
23-01-2018, 16:19
I'd wish they include the option to leave tyre pressure as is, regardless of changing tyres or not.

That way it is a lot easier to share pit strategies over different setups and even cars.

The quick menu is too fiddly for me during a race. It's made worse by the fact that if there is no input for x seconds it closes the window and you have to start all over.

Snapper
28-01-2018, 22:22
IF you're looking for video evidence...here you go:

https://youtu.be/APGu8L3HsjE

This points to there being more than a UI issue as if the setup pressure at the start of the race was somehow corrupted (IMO - FWIW).

Time Comment
00:04 Setup Loaded and cold pressures confirmed as 1.32/1.32
00:31 Pit Strategy G checked 1:31/1:31
08:04 End of practice. Pit strategy G re-checked and showing 0.88/0.88
08:44 Create strategy H 1.31/1.31
10:06 Ready Up Screen Strategy H checked and now showing 1.97/1.97
10:18 Create strategy J and presented with 1.31/2.31
Edit strategy to 1.31/1/31 and save
11:25 Start race and tyres at 1.64 bar/23 psi all round
Car sliding at rear
Lap 2 potential laptime 1:34.5
16:15 Pit in
17:44 Pit exit tyres at 1.61b/23psi Front 0.95b/13psi Rear (according to HUD)
Car feels planted at rear
21:16 Lap 5/6 potential laptime down to 1:33.1