PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Formula Championship?

LuisCR
23-11-2017, 16:24
Hello everyone

I just tried the Lotus 49 cosworth invitational event

Obviously was mind blowing. However I was left wanting to keep on racing

I wanted to ask everyone; is there a Vintage Formula Championship in the game at some point in career mode that you could enter?

I know there are several Vintage Championships online, but I can't see any at the moment in game

Thanks for your help!

Paulpg87
23-11-2017, 16:27
In the career mode no, only invitational events. For what i have seen when selecting things during my path the only vintage stuff were group A (old DTM basically), rennsomething Championship and prototype c (old le Mans).

LuisCR
23-11-2017, 18:31
Thanks for your response Kart Driver

That's sad to know though, there should be a way one could enter any kind of Vintage F1 championship☹️

tipostrano
23-11-2017, 18:36
Maybe... it would be wonderful!

Trooper117
23-11-2017, 19:03
It would be great to have a vintage championship in the career, we can only hope :(
I suspect we might also need more vintage F1 cars to make it awesome!

lmntr
24-11-2017, 00:29
The 10tenths.net (http://10tenths.net) Racing League is about to start a season using The Formula Rookie and a Lotus 25 on November 30th. We will be racing on Thursdays 8 PM London time. Two races using each car on the same track that will last about 30 minutes long ( each with a 30 minute combo practice and qualifying. It has a fairly easy handling Formula Rookie and the Historic 1963 Jim Clark’s Lotus 25 that meets your Vintage Championship.

juanlopes
24-11-2017, 07:59
It would be great to have a vintage championship in the career, we can only hope :(
I suspect we might also need more vintage F1 cars to make it awesome!

Yes, it will be the Grand Prix Legend of the 21st century.

Trooper117
24-11-2017, 09:37
Yes, it will be the Grand Prix Legend of the 21st century.

I still hope for an up to date version of that game... If Ian B is reading this, here is an opportunity to help the vintage fanatics who love your game :)

Gregz0r
28-11-2017, 05:46
I’d love a championship for the Lotus 98T(if there isn’t one already) but they really need to fix the gearbox on this thing. I feel like it’s basically been ignored since pre-PC1 release, as the gaps in shifting and car lurching, ruin a great car.
Also this car needs at least one contemporary rival - I dunno, something like a 1989 Williams Renault(great generic shape), or a 1990 Tyrrell for example, would provide much needed variety to this grossly-ignored class, especially when you think how many Group C cars are included.

Also whilst I’m here - the Woodcote chicane at Classic Silverstone, needs an overhaul(chicane profile is... inaccurate!), as does the Ostkurve chicane at Classic Hockenheim(its far too open). ;-)

ttb57
28-11-2017, 06:52
Hello everyone

I just tried the Lotus 49 cosworth invitational event

Obviously was mind blowing. However I was left wanting to keep on racing

I wanted to ask everyone; is there a Vintage Formula Championship in the game at some point in career mode that you could enter?

I know there are several Vintage Championships online, but I can't see any at the moment in game

Thanks for your help!

Have you tried them with some rain, awesome fun. Can't wait til multiplayer is all fixed so us historic nuts can have some fun.:D