PDA

View Full Version : GT3 camber settings- does this sound normal?

sportyaccordy
24-11-2017, 00:24
In order to get even temps across the tires in front and back I'm finding I need to dial camber all the way down to about -1.5. Seems extremely low for a GT3 car and this is across multiple cars. When I watch replays the tires look like they have positive camber. Is this normal?

Ian Bell
24-11-2017, 01:16
In order to get even temps across the tires in front and back I'm finding I need to dial camber all the way down to about -1.5. Seems extremely low for a GT3 car and this is across multiple cars. When I watch replays the tires look like they have positive camber. Is this normal?

You should be aiming for a nice ramp in temps towards the inside if you're wanting to take full advantage of camber thrust and tyre compression in the turns.

sportyaccordy
24-11-2017, 04:22
Should I be shooting for a certain tire temp on the inside as well? I just found that thread recommending to aim for 32 PSI hot and that seems to have helped a good bit

Ian Bell
24-11-2017, 05:58
Should I be shooting for a certain tire temp on the inside as well? I just found that thread recommending to aim for 32 PSI hot and that seems to have helped a good bit

Back in a past life when I was setting fastest laps I always went for 2 degrees C more on inner than middle and 2 less on outer.

rillo7105
24-11-2017, 07:15

I've read that we should aim for 26 PSI hot pressure for GT3 cars. 32 PSI seems way too much but i haven't tested that myself so i couldn't really know..

cpcdem
24-11-2017, 18:17
Back in a past life when I was setting fastest laps I always went for 2 degrees C more on inner than middle and 2 less on outer.

Different game, different mechanics though!

Or do you happen to have inside information on how the internals work in PC2?

:)

cpcdem
24-11-2017, 18:20
I've read that we should aim for 26 PSI hot pressure for GT3 cars. 32 PSI seems way too much but i haven't tested that myself so i couldn't really know..

Yeah, 32 PSI was mentioned in another forum, but it is plainly wrong for GT3s, tested and causes the car to be very slippery. 26 PSI is fine.

VelvetTorpedo
24-11-2017, 18:55
When you get the camber and pressure right you'll feel it. Even on my old clunky thrustmaster tx its a night and day difference. Good camber in gt3 with tires in the zone at 1.8bar and you'll feel invincible.

Mahjik
24-11-2017, 19:25
If you ask any (real) race engineer today, they will tell you that you aren't going fast enough if the inside of the tire isn't warmer than the outside. The old standard of "even temperatures across the tire" is just that, old. But yes, in general you will get more even temperatures across the tire with less camber.

Ravager619
24-11-2017, 22:24
When I do my setups I tend to like the inside temps to be about 8 degrees hotter than the outside. It's just a ballpark figure that feels right and also gives me decent wear if I'm on a long run.

goonerjon777
24-11-2017, 22:58

Ian Bell was The Stigs father.

hkraft300
24-11-2017, 23:06
~26 psi hot pressure for GT and LMP cars.

~32psi for road cars.

More tire pressure info here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57541-Project-CARS-2-Tyre-Temps

RJay
04-12-2017, 02:38
on my racecar in real life I run upwards of 3-3.5 degrees on the front axle, because I like it like that. Sacrifice a bit of stopping power for corner entry and mid corner.
My inner tires are a "lot" hotter than my outer, but the tire wear is about equal. Difference has been measured to 15 degrees at Spa Francorchamps. (Long straights)

You should set it up so that the angle the tire makes at maximum load is +- half a degree negative, this is how I achieve that on a BMW E30, If you look at the few in game setups I have (Ginetta for instance) You'll see camber degrees close to 3 as well on my front axle. Just be a bit gentler under braking and carry more into the corner.