PDA

View Full Version : Project cars shading quality < Project cars 1?

Kunal_Racedriver
24-11-2017, 07:09
I recently went back to Project cars 1 and instantly noticed the better reflections on car in my front and how headlights show their effect better when there is still sun in the evening. Project cars 2 has brighter blown highlights but apart from it, I appears as a downgrade from the previous version in terms of shading/lighting quality. Another nice effect in project cars 1 is the reflection of tail lights on road. In project cars 2... the lights are reflected only when brakes are applied. I've been running Pcars1 at medium settings and checked this even at high reflections settings in Pcars 2.

zuotoski
24-11-2017, 15:48
Hi! I loved that also on PC1, but AFAIK it was removed due to performance issues, in particular, console performance. I'd love to have it back, though.

Raklodder
24-11-2017, 15:57
it was removed due to performance issues, in particular, console performance
I'm at a loss for words, but maybe that's for the best.

Keena
24-11-2017, 16:23
I'm at a loss for words, but maybe that's for the best.

I just managed to restrain myself from a major soapbox moment too..

Bealdor
24-11-2017, 16:43
Headlight projection during daytime was removed as a compromise to give the AI the ability to turn on their lights during bad weather (which was a much requested feature by the PCARS 1 community).

MarleyMoo
24-11-2017, 18:25
Headlight projection during daytime was removed as a compromise to give the AI the ability to turn on their lights during bad weather (which was a much requested feature by the PCARS 1 community).

Can we have an option so that only the player's headlights illuminate the scene?

Kunal_Racedriver
25-11-2017, 04:16
Can we have an option so that only the player's headlights illuminate the scene?

+1.