PDA

View Full Version : Pro/X owners - enhanced resolution, enhanced visuals or enhanced frame rate?

TerminatorGR
24-11-2017, 14:09
Since the demo (and the forthcoming patch) has added these new graphics options for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, I would like to ask you what you will be using, especially if you have played the demo and seen the differences. Enhanced resolution, enhanced visuals or enhanced frame rate?

TheRealWitblitz
24-11-2017, 14:12
Wait and see.

Moonfast
24-11-2017, 14:13
I think I’ll be too tempted to not play on enhanced visuals on my Xb1X, but I’m gonna have to try it out more to be sure.

OddTimer
24-11-2017, 14:16
based on the tests I did yesterday on the GT3 portion of the demo, the resolution mode seems to be the best balanced of the three...I noticed a bit of tearing on enhance visuals and frame rate was locked at 60fps on resolution. Having said that, the grid was only 16 cars, so maybe frame rate depending of performance with full grid.

diesel97
24-11-2017, 14:22
based on the tests I did yesterday on the GT3 portion of the demo, the resolution mode seems to be the best balanced of the three...I noticed a bit of tearing on enhance visuals and frame rate was locked at 60fps on resolution. Having said that, the grid was only 16 cars, so maybe frame rate depending of performance with full grid.

I see these staments all the time from console users but I have never seen a frame counter for the consoles.

TheRealWitblitz
24-11-2017, 14:44
Come to think of it, why not a VR mode for PSVR/PS4 PRO?

Scaff
24-11-2017, 14:47
PS4 Pro comparison across the three modes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH3AKxPBJDE&t=174s

I see these staments all the time from console users but I have never seen a frame counter for the consoles.
I can pick up framerate drops when I export via my elgato, on a PS4 Pro the GT3 race remained stable across all three graphics options that I could see in gameplay.

diesel97
24-11-2017, 14:49
Come to think of it, why not a VR mode for PSVR/PS4 PRO?

Not enough horsepower, it has been said if they did it it would be so limited aka GTS ,one AI car and no online, If that not worth the time and money

TerminatorGR
17-12-2017, 19:55
I still cant decide between enhanced visuals or resolution. Enhanced visuals supposedly ups the effects and details but the resolution drop is noticeable on the Pro.

WellRED Barron
18-12-2017, 02:32
I like Enhanced Visuals. I know it may impact performance on my X but I haven’t noticed anything enough to switch to Enhanced Resolution yet.

Roushman624
18-12-2017, 02:45
I like Enhanced Visuals. I know it may impact performance on my X but I haven’t noticed anything enough to switch to Enhanced Resolution yet.

Can anyone here spot any difference between the two cause I have tried numerous times and found nothing...

Zaskarspants
18-12-2017, 09:58
I can spot the difference between all three, but I do sit 70cm from my screen.

Frame rate, I can notice it runs at a significantly lower res, visible lod, I never use this as I haven't needed the frame rate boost.

Graphics high, occasional tearing, almost invisible lod, reflection modeling on cars functions better and is seen to a greater distance. Works well for grids <~20 and on less challenging tracks/ weather. Slight lack of solidity in image, a bit of shivering on track side objects. No blurring on track side ads

Resolution high, rarely tears, slight but acceptable lod, res drops a bit on big grids / weather, cars look best to me, background solid, aliasing lowest ( on 1080p tv). I use this setting. Some track side ads are reduced in res as they whizz past.