PDA

View Full Version : What is the sweetspot of "speed sensitivity" for motion sensor steering method?

JasperBowels
26-11-2017, 18:40
Hi.

I love to use motion sensor in Dual Shock 4 controller for steering in Project Cars 2. Unfortunately Project Cars 2 has no default setting configuration for motion sensor steering.

I was ok to figure out all sliders except "speed sensitivity".
I set "speed sensitivity" 90% but its feel not right in certain situations.
Does anybody know what is the sweetspot for this this setting or how could I precisely calculate it without spending ages of tweaking slider backward and forward and dealing with placebo?
Thank you.

andyman_187
27-11-2017, 01:58
Hi.

I love to use motion sensor in Dual Shock 4 controller for steering in Project Cars 2. Unfortunately Project Cars 2 has no default setting configuration for motion sensor steering.

I was ok to figure out all sliders except "speed sensitivity".
I set "speed sensitivity" 90% but its feel not right in certain situations.
Does anybody know what is the sweetspot for this this setting or how could I precisely calculate it without spending ages of tweaking slider backward and forward and dealing with placebo?
Thank you.

I set it to 0, that way regardless of speed, turning is still 1:1. also set steering sensitivity to 30, wheel damping to 0, controller damping to 100

GenBrien
28-11-2017, 12:51
I put it at 93%

Tom_2475221
29-11-2017, 07:41
I'd like to try the controller motion sensor steering as well.
But after fiddling so long with the regular controller settings, I'm afraid they'll be gone ...
Will these settings disappear when I switch over to the motion controller steering?

Giubba
29-11-2017, 08:59
But after fiddling so long with the regular controller settings, I'm afraid they'll be gone ...
Will these settings disappear when I switch over to the motion controller steering?

well, tilt motion works better imho, I started with analogue sticks and tried to get used to it, but after a week or so i decided to give motion sensor a go, and never went back since then. Takes a bit to get used to tho
my ds4 setting from top to down are: 2,90,5,5,5,2,0,100,90,0,0,100,0,No.
default controller settings are here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52508-My-PS4-controller-settings
cheers!

hkraft300
24-12-2017, 23:16

Press share button, take a screenshot.