PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Vintage Trophy Invitational event

JaredKFan
26-11-2017, 22:28
Hi all.

I bought PCars2 off Fanatical for Black Friday (their discount and the black friday discount code dropped the 60 dollar price into the realm of affordability for me :) )

I just got my first Invitational event, the Lotus Vintage Trophy. I've been trying this event over and over without success - the Cogworth is virtually impossible to drive in the rain and the AI seems to have zero problems driving in rainy conditions. I've tried a variety of controller setups, but the car is twitchy as hell and I lose grip all the time. I was wondering if anyone had a good car setup for the Cogsworth for this event so I can finish it without too much trouble. Browsing around the forums here I've seen people complaining about lots of cars being undrivable in rainy conditions no matter how much tweaking to the car setup you do. I am hoping the driving in rain problems can be fixed with a new patch at some point. Until then I need some serious assistance with this event.

Jared

ttb57
26-11-2017, 22:53
Which track is it at? I'll have a go in the wet as I love this car. (u mean the type49 right?)

LockeChris
26-11-2017, 23:08
Is that the one at Historic Monza? The problem with these events is that there's no practice before the race...
That Lotus in the wet needs to be driven very smoothly and carefully, but once you get the hang of it it's actually much fun! It's a typical old racecar handling. Try turning it in gently with a bit of brakes still on to reduce understeer, then gently balance the oversteer on the throttle on the way out. That's how I did it at least, but I needed many tries too!
Might as well be a bug or something for you though, who knows...

ttb57
27-11-2017, 01:03
Just took these for a run around Monza Classic in the rain and it's awesome! Still a couple of seconds off the AI @ 100% but used my dry set with no tweaks and took it pretty easy. I think I can catch them.

JaredKFan
27-11-2017, 05:09
I guess i should set up a custom practice session with the car and the same rainy conditions at the same historic monza track and practice beforehand until i have the hang of it. But again, rain events seem to be bugged and I read a post saying this is looking into being fixed in the next major patch.

ttb57
27-11-2017, 05:17
I'm not having issues with them in the rain. Setup isn't a big thing, I was actually quicker with the default loose. Tweak the gears and I could get a bit more. It's all about control in these conditions.

JaredKFan
27-11-2017, 05:22
I'm also using a gamepad controller though. I don't know if breaking out my Logitech wheel and pedals would help...

ttb57
27-11-2017, 05:27
Which wheel? 900deg wheel would be good.

JaredKFan
27-11-2017, 05:28
I have logitech's g27 wheel. I'm missing the knob cushion on the shifter but otherwise it works okay.

ttb57
27-11-2017, 05:33
I'd be using that then mate. :)

ttb57
27-11-2017, 05:51
I will add though, going from "rain" to "storm" becomes very tricky...:rolleyes:

JaredKFan
22-05-2018, 23:29
Bumping this topic as I'm still having trouble with this event. Even with the current 1.5.0.0 patch update from last month. I've been able to do other invitational events in the rain without a problem, it seems to be an issue with just this specific event. It's like traction and stability control are off by default with this invitational event, as after about 2 laps the car becomes undrivable. I'm able to get out to the lead with a little help from bumping other cars, but I've tried every viable car setup online that I can find. Even with the setups online, once you reach the end of lap 2 and start lap 3, the rain goes from light to apparently heavy and the car wants to slide around no matter how light a touch i have on the throttle.

This is about the Lotus 49 Cosworth, not the 49C. The Vintage Lotus Trophy event will not let you drive the 49C, just the regular 49.

2010 Synergy Camaro
22-05-2018, 23:55
Bumping this topic as I'm still having trouble with this event. Even with the current 1.5.0.0 patch update from last month. I've been able to do other invitational events in the rain without a problem, it seems to be an issue with just this specific event. It's like traction and stability control are off by default with this invitational event, as after about 2 laps the car becomes undrivable. I'm able to get out to the lead with a little help from bumping other cars, but I've tried every viable car setup online that I can find. Even with the setups online, once you reach the end of lap 2 and start lap 3, the rain goes from light to apparently heavy and the car wants to slide around no matter how light a touch i have on the throttle.

You may want to try Keena’s workaround for puddles. Pause the game and click view replay, it is not necessary to watch the replay, then resume the game. Puddles will drain. You will need to repeat the process when the puddles become a nuisance again. It works as I have used the workaround at Hockenhiem Classic and Imola.

sloppysmusic
23-05-2018, 00:02
You may want to try Keena’s workaround for puddles. Pause the game and click view replay, it is not necessary to watch the replay, then resume the game. Puddles will drain. You will need to repeat the process when the puddles become a nuisance again. It works as I have used the workaround at Hockenhiem Classic and Imola.

Would be interested how you get on mate. I will be doing a thread on Invitational event/tunes/ai shortly (started on the Rocket Bunny race yesterday). If you have a good tune it will save me some time! Otherwise any pointers good or bad will help. In a couple days or so I HAVE to win this myself or my thread will be kinda pointless!

JaredKFan
23-05-2018, 00:30

Right, I'll try that. The puddles seem to form every lap and a half or so. And Sloppy, looking forward to the invitationals thread. Hopefully we'll both be able to finish that exact race.

JaredKFan
23-05-2018, 00:41
That puddles workaround did the job :) Use Vintage tires for this race as they seem to handle better in the wet rain. Use the puddles workaround when you finish a lap, and you should be able to beat the AI handily.

HakkaBi
04-08-2018, 19:36
I confirm how tricky it is to finish this event. Problem is, at the beginning of the race the tyres are warm and you have good grip, but after 2 laps the rain actually cool them down until the car is no longer stable... impossible to hold it during accelerations and braking (and of cours AI seems to have no problem with that !)

roman.gaspar
02-10-2018, 15:44
Hey guys,
let me share with you the LOTUS VINTAGE TROPHY invitational event around the historic Monza GP from my point of view. That was one of the most challenging events for me. I spent a week setting up the car and learn how to shift. I cannot attached all the materials what I founded and passed through, so I attached my setup at least (included in the video).
Hope, it will helps to you. Let me know :)
I hope you will enjoy the race too, it was pretty hard and close.
I hope you will able give me som advices, how to impove my driving style as well or just leave a comment how you like it :)

Here are some additional details:

The AI level is set to 70 aggressivity to 30.
No assist
Full Damage
Manual H shifter
Auto clutch: OFF

Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/OTahXhJiHqI