PDA

View Full Version : Grip Formula A and C

mossback rossi
27-11-2017, 18:40
I have found that the cars are really awful, the worst, unfixable with even with tuning I just retired from and event due to that fact. I have 4 hours of practice over and over again, trying to find the magic tune so I could be least in the top 5 of lap times, I was never any better than 3 seconds! off of AI best time with AI set to 60. The AI BTW with aggression set to ZERO - these punks will PUNT you off on the warm up laps, as I can't go any faster with Cold tires that doesn't equally slow them down. A first lap without a spin out is a miracle.

Now that said: about me: I played all the way through PC1 with AI set to a pretty high level pro? anyway, there is Zero grip feel, cars feel like they are on ICE, I have set the game to run AI at 10, 10!!!! in order to be somewhat competitive but that is too low, they are complete doofuses in the corner entries and brake check and other stupid things.

I also drive a REAL car on REAL tracks (2016 Audi TTS, semi race prepped: Seats, roll bar, tuned to 400whp, wing and splitter, bilstein clubsport coilovers, race exhaust, etc), so feel I am pretty qualified to say how to a car should feel, this is not it. PC1 has better physics, Assetto Corsa has better physics. Love Dirt Rally, Dirt 4.

So that brings me to my next issue with grip the rally part of the game is garbage, undrivable, I haven't spent much time trying to tune up a RallyX car, but out of the box and the game at 60, its embarrassing how bad I am, or should I say how badly applied the physics are.

I am really really disipointed.

Xbox one X, fanatec CSW 2.x wheelbase and v3 pedals, H\Seq shifter and E-brake setup. Running the latest firmware (I tried that as a possible fix for the game feel).

I have read some people love this game but wonder if those are shills for the game maker.

John Hargreaves
27-11-2017, 19:51
I think it might take a bit more than four hours to get into the top five at any track. Hard to know quite how to reply to this post, but are you running those cars on cold tyres ?

mossback rossi
27-11-2017, 20:05
I think it might take a bit more than four hours to get into the top five at any track. Hard to know quite how to reply to this post, but are you running those cars on cold tyres ?

Top 5 in warm up against AI, not course record...don't get me started on the claimed top times in career mode.

Go ahead and re-read my post then see if something you can say might help me solve the grip issues, I really want to love this second installment of PCars. As I currently sit I have logged over 40 hours of game play PC2, and this how I feel about it.

John Hargreaves
27-11-2017, 20:12
Ah, sorry you meant against 60% AI? I thought you meant top five lap times as in leaderboard times. Give us a car and track combination that is causing trouble and I'll try it out and compare notes.

hkraft300
27-11-2017, 20:13
..., there is Zero grip feel, cars feel like they are on ICE,...
...so feel I am pretty qualified to say how to a car should feel, this is not it. PC1 has better physics, Assetto Corsa has better physics...
... the rally part of the game is garbage, undrivable...
...its embarrassing how bad I am, or should I say how badly applied the physics are.

...I have read some people love this game but wonder if those are shills for the game maker.

:glee:

People like you is the reason My mrs thinks I’m a little crazy.

Tire compound?
Tire temperature?
Tire pressure?
Setup?
Track?
Track temperature?
Ffb settings?

These are all major factors to influence how the cars feel and drive. You haven’t mentioned any of that so there’s no starting point to diagnose your issues. Maybe your driving and tuning skills aren’t as good as you like to think they are.

Undriveable =/= bad physics.

Maybe you should take your rubbish attitude and stick to AC, hmm? Better physics and all that.

What do I know. I’m all shilled.

#fanboy

John Hargreaves
27-11-2017, 20:55
I just tried a quick race with the FA at Silverstone, 60% AI, default setup. I think I was about the same as OP in terms of laptime, some AI driving god called Roger Prynne was 3.5sec faster than me. So from this it seems possible that the FA AI drivers are pretty fast, I don't think I would have been able to win that race from the back, I just managed to make up about 5 places in three laps. Plenty of other race combinations I find 60% pretty manageable, I'd normally run about 75% for a good race that gives me plenty of overtaking opportunities, so yeah, maybe the FAs are a bit quick.
I couldn't see anything wrong in the car handling though, sure you have to be gentle on the throttle and smooth in your inputs to avoid spinning, but that seems about right for this car.
I'd just suggest turning down the AI% a bit if you want to win, also wait for the patch as probably a fair bit of the current AI programming may well change. I think just because you can win a race in AC at a given percent that won't necessarily carry over to PC2, as AI% is a pretty meaningless and arbitrary measure anyway. If 50% AI means you have a good race then go for that, nobody minds, just enjoy yourself.

mossback rossi
27-11-2017, 23:28
I just tried a quick race with the FA at Silverstone, 60% AI, default setup. I think I was about the same as OP in terms of laptime, some AI driving god called Roger Prynne was 3.5sec faster than me. So from this it seems possible that the FA AI drivers are pretty fast, I don't think I would have been able to win that race from the back, I just managed to make up about 5 places in three laps. Plenty of other race combinations I find 60% pretty manageable, I'd normally run about 75% for a good race that gives me plenty of overtaking opportunities, so yeah, maybe the FAs are a bit quick.
I couldn't see anything wrong in the car handling though, sure you have to be gentle on the throttle and smooth in your inputs to avoid spinning, but that seems about right for this car.
I'd just suggest turning down the AI% a bit if you want to win, also wait for the patch as probably a fair bit of the current AI programming may well change. I think just because you can win a race in AC at a given percent that won't necessarily carry over to PC2, as AI% is a pretty meaningless and arbitrary measure anyway. If 50% AI means you have a good race then go for that, nobody minds, just enjoy yourself. Thank you.

Thank you for that, yes silver stone is pretty slick too, as compared to how it felt in PC1.

I guess then the AI in PC2 is all out of whack compared to PC1. Hopefully the cars will feel like they have more grip, and AI gets knocked down a bit and when you set aggression to Cautious, they are indeed cautious and not bump spinning of track at warm up. The car needs at least 2 laps sometimes 3 before you can even hope to keep pace with the AI at 60%

As for settings: I have tried, many, many settings, used the race engineer, manually tried lots of different things, pretty much nothing has made the car not feel tenuous around every curve, with the exception of fast sweepers where downforce is working, that and the setups vanish, so what I was using and felt good at another track, is not possible to try at the next. (that was another of my posts\complains about missing tunes)

Tires for this rant have all been SLICKS, pressures are least balanced (all green, 1.0 to 1.35 bar, depends on track) but not knowing anything about the compound, nor the mfg spec suggested temps, I can only go on whether the tires are GREEN, BLUE or YELLOWISH GREEN. If it was real compound I could check with the mfg, (like my real car, pirelli trofeo R) and find out what the engineers like to see for optimal temps\pressure.

I run with NO assists. Use the RAW setting for FF (wheel is set to 14, if you know fanatec), played around with volume and tone, that fixed a few things, but still doesn't give the happy grip of confidence. To me its tenuous at pace and goes away very quickly, I can catch some oversteer but, typically when it goes its gone: FA and FC cars are not suited to drifting :)

If you have some suggested settings let me know, most of what I find written on shared settings are for PC1, so they don't directly translate as the Diff menu is vastly different.

I have run and do run every car on default before jumping into tuning: Understeer much? then fix that or oversteer, or won't stop, or too slow...

I am not an AC fanboy or any other game; my complaint is legitimate; compared to PC1, PC2 is big step backwards.