PDA

View Full Version : "Force realistic driving aids"

Tobarus
28-11-2017, 11:13
Ok silly question but.. (for those of you that know for sure)

When you select "Force realistic driving aids", does it matter what is selected under the following?
"Allow ABS" Yes/No
"Allow Stability Control" Yes/No
"Allow Traction Ctonrol" Yes/No

Forcing realistic driving aids over rides all of those correct? The reason I ask is because from race to race, the car (same car) feels completely different even though force realistic driving aids was on, and I did not change anything under my own settings (ABS, etc). Track temp etc was same.

Any insight?

Shepard2603
28-11-2017, 11:29

When you select "Force realistic driving aids", does it matter what is selected under the following?
"Allow ABS" Yes/No

Forcing realistic driving aids over rides all of those correct? The reason I ask is because from race to race, the car (same car) feels completely different even though force realistic driving aids was on, and I did not change anything under my own settings (ABS, etc). Track temp etc was same.

Any insight?
It's stated in the in-game help text, that the "Force" setting overrides anything else.

F1_Racer68
28-11-2017, 15:45

"Allow ABS" Yes/No

Any insight?

Force Realistic overrides any other Driver aid setting. Having the individual aids set to YES or NO makes no difference at that point.

knightracing727
28-11-2018, 23:39
And so then just to be clear because I agree with the OP, it is a little counter intuitive. If you set

"Force Realistic Driving Aids" NO and then
ABS No
TC No
SC No

Even if the car has TC, SC and ABS, nobody can use them.

k

F1_Racer68
29-11-2018, 12:19
And so then just to be clear because I agree with the OP, it is a little counter intuitive. If you set

ABS No
TC No
SC No

k

With those settings for the game/room, that would be correct. You've now configured the game/room to not allow any use of those systems.

alsacepapa
29-11-2018, 12:26

ABS No
TC No
SC No

k

My understanding is:
Force realistic driving aids = Yes
means that if a car has traction control, ABS, Stability Control by nature then the car will have it in the race. And thus be able to adjust level in Car management in-game.

If force realistic driving aids = yes and
ABS No
TC No
SC No
Then it would mean even if the car had the capabilities they would be disabled.

lupine
29-11-2018, 12:45
My understanding is:
Force realistic driving aids = Yes
means that if a car has traction control, ABS, Stability Control by nature then the car will have it in the race. And thus be able to adjust level in Car management in-game.

If force realistic driving aids = yes and
ABS No
TC No
SC No
Then it would mean even if the car had the capabilities they would be disabled.

You are wrong in the last example. This will do exactly the same as your first example. Force realistic driving aids should be on No if you want to disable them.

alsacepapa
29-11-2018, 13:13
You are wrong in the last example. This will do exactly the same as your first example. Force realistic driving aids should be on No if you want to disable them.

I see - thanks for the clarification.
Seems a little counter-intuitive - but my understanding is counter-intuitive aswell.

Stewy32
29-11-2018, 18:47
Force Realistic Driving Aids is an override to the "Allow Assist" options

MaximusN
29-11-2018, 22:34
Force Realistic Driving Aids is an override to the "Allow Assist" options
Yeah, the FORCE bit kind of gives that away thb...

knightracing727
30-11-2018, 15:34
Yeah, the FORCE bit kind of gives that away thb...

Makes sense after all the discussion but the confusion really comes from the fact that when you select "Force Realistic Driving Aids" YES, that the three options ( TC, SC, ABS ) don't grey out like other menu options do when they become inactive and especially since you are still able to change them.
k