PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] Patch 3.0 Discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2

Bealdor
28-11-2017, 12:58
Please use this thread to discuss patch 3.0 for PS4.

For those new to Project CARS, the patch threads are NOT for discussing what is NOT in the patch. The patch threads are for discussing what IS contained in the patch. Other posts will be removed.

Patch notes : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55006-Project-CARS-2-PS4-Updates-Changelog&p=1441508&viewfull=1#post1441508

Bealdor
07-12-2017, 13:30
Thread opened. Release notes to follow.

Dinos
07-12-2017, 15:17
The clutch didn't fixed. H pattern gearbox cars changing gears without using the clutch. Very disappointing.
The intro looks better.
The sound i think is better.
Graphics at nurburgring stays bad (a lot of pixels on the road from the shadows of trees).

Sankyo
07-12-2017, 15:24
The clutch didn't fixed. H pattern gearbox cars changing gears without using the clutch. Very disappointing.

It didn't make the patch. It doesn't mean that the devs aren't looking into it. Fixing things needs time and priorities need to be set.

Also, this thread is for discussing what is in the patch, not what is not in the patch.

mark16071
07-12-2017, 15:27
Did a first short test after patch 3. First conclusions:
- The online championship is added !! :joyous:
- The lag when playing online is still there, when people are joining :(
- Online: The penalty system seems the have become more strict. I was not able to run a good lap during qualifying at Oulton Park, a circuit I'm quite familiar with and used to be able to drive clean and fast laps easily. :(
- Online: The penalties itself have become extreme... I got a 92 sec penalty for running a little wide in the last corner at Oulton Park, lifted when I saw the message that I had to slow down, coasted over the start/finish line and exactly then were penalised with 92 secs....??? :(
- Online: License points seem to be more impacted then before, at least I lost 14 point in the race at Oulton park (where I was actually winning a four people race, but lost due to the 92 sec penalty).. I assume it will not only be going down this fast, but also going up if you do win.. :joyous:
- And you can now easily see what tuning is loaded in the menu :joyous:

so far my first experience with Patch 3

goonerjon777
07-12-2017, 15:56
488 has been super nurfed, was doing mid 46's around monza now I'm 49.
MP lag is better but still hits but only for a second when players are entering and exiting a lobby.
I like that we can see what tune has loaded

goonerjon777
07-12-2017, 16:12
- Online: The penalty system seems the have become more strict. I was not able to run a good lap during qualifying at Oulton Park, a circuit I'm quite familiar with and used to be able to drive clean and fast laps easily. :(
- Online: The penalties itself have become extreme... I got a 92 sec penalty for running a little wide in the last corner at Oulton Park, lifted when I saw the message that I had to slow down, coasted over the start/finish line and exactly then were penalised with 92 secs....??? :(
- Online: License points seem to be more impacted then before, at least I lost 14 point in the race at Oulton park (where I was actually winning a four people race, but lost due to the 92 sec penalty).. I assume it will not only be going down this fast, but also going up if you do win.. :joyous:

whats your PS ID Mark?

Renoldo1990
07-12-2017, 16:16
Pit-Stops not working for me:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58468-Patch-3-0-Pit-Stops-not-working

Rest feels good so far for me.
No problem with saving setups so far. Tyres at the GT3-Cars feel great.

Pink_650S
07-12-2017, 16:16
The off-track limits are even more ridiculous now and force you to slow down for an unjustified eternity.
Sorry, but its a joke at this point.

mark16071
07-12-2017, 16:24
whats your PS ID Mark?

Mark16071 :-)

iggy
07-12-2017, 16:46
Pit-Stops not working for me:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58468-Patch-3-0-Pit-Stops-not-working

Rest feels good so far for me.
No problem with saving setups so far. Tyres at the GT3-Cars feel great.

I believe that likely has to do with your tires not being worn out yet, and options you can set related to tire choice... but I'm working blind here, since I'm in USA and we apparently don't have patch 1.3 yet

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58452-New-Old-Bugs-after-Patch-3-0&p=1441206&viewfull=1#post1441206

Pink_650S
07-12-2017, 16:49
Tyres feel awful with the new patch. Just tried the Nismo GTR and it cant handle two left-handers in a row. I.e. it just stops steering in the last corner at Imola.

Bealdor
07-12-2017, 17:03
The off-track limits are even more ridiculous now and force you to slow down for an unjustified eternity.

Track limits haven't changed since release.

Tyres feel awful with the new patch. Just tried the Nismo GTR and it cant handle two left-handers in a row. I.e. it just stops steering in the last corner at Imola.

Make sure to start with a fresh default setup and tune from there.

Racegt
07-12-2017, 17:08
First impression after driving 5 rounds on Nürburgring GP with ps4:
- Graphics are still looking worse than project cars 1
- No anti aliasing
- Mirror still looks like ps2

Thanks sms.

Fixe24
07-12-2017, 17:10
[QUOTE=Bealdor;1441495]Track limits haven't changed since release.

The track limits may not have changed but the slow down penalties are beyond a joke now. You almost have to stop for even the smallest of cuts

Steph_EP
07-12-2017, 17:17

The track limits may not have changed but the slow down penalties are beyond a joke now. You almost have to stop for even the smallest of cuts

It's the same as on PC then?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58119-Race-Line-Penalties-Track-Limit

Elmo
07-12-2017, 17:23
Patch Notes (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55006-Project-CARS-2-PS4-Updates-Changelog&p=1441508&viewfull=1#post1441508)

wicker man
07-12-2017, 17:24
massive clouds of tyre smoke everytime i brake or turn

Konan
07-12-2017, 17:31
Patch Notes (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55006-Project-CARS-2-PS4-Updates-Changelog&p=1441508&viewfull=1#post1441508)

added to OP...

Atak Kat
07-12-2017, 17:32
It's not really clear to me what you need to do after downloading the patch?
Do I need to delete all my saved data and start over?
So, essentially all career progress and existing setups completely lost?

Zenzic
07-12-2017, 17:35
Deleting your career and profile would probably be a last resort if you have severe issues. All I read was you have to start with fresh setups when tuning cars, not load setups you saved pre-patch.

Pink_650S
07-12-2017, 17:36

This l cannot believe.

I am. But the game feels even more unresponsive than it did before. Just what have you guys done?

Also, just raced online at Monza and the framerate was horrendous. So much so, that l missed every apex, and so seemed the other participants.

What the hell, guys...

Pink_650S
07-12-2017, 17:38

Same. It looks so silly and breaks the immersion even more.

Litusgaga
07-12-2017, 17:39
I've noticed many improvements in this patch. However, at least in the regular PS4, I didn't notice any change regarding the AA, and IMO the graphics haven't changed since patch 2.0. There are still annoying tree shadows in Monza (and other tracks), a distracting static pixel net when dawn arrives (a mix of orange and red pixels which don't move at all in the sky).

I was doing an endurance race in Le Mans and when night arrived, it was raining...the AA made it really difficult to keep pushing without being distracted.

Lots of work there, so thank you 😉 but I was expecting at least a minor change in the graphics which I didn't notice.

I'm really looking forward for this graphic improvement in the next patch. Thank you!

Bealdor
07-12-2017, 17:39
This l cannot believe.

This is how the track limits are and always were determined since release: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58119-Race-Line-Penalties-Track-Limit&p=1440422&viewfull=1#post1440422

Pink_650S
07-12-2017, 17:45
This is how the track limits are and always were determined since release: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58119-Race-Line-Penalties-Track-Limit&p=1440422&viewfull=1#post1440422

Its dumb nonetheless and punishes you in the silliest of situations:

- Going wide and actually taking a longer route.
- During battles.
- When you have to avoid a crash or spinning cars.

Sankyo
07-12-2017, 17:46

The 92 second penalty sounds like a full lap penalty for not serving the slow-down penalty before crossing the finish line. May wel be by design to prevent people cutting/cheating in the last lap if they manage to be quick enough to reach the finish line before the slow-down period ends.

Panther7105
07-12-2017, 18:00
The ability to host an online championship is good, but with a switchable ki it would be perfect. Project CARS 2 is not (yet) perfect, but it's great fun.:eagerness:

goonerjon777
07-12-2017, 18:03

Sorry but track limits have totally changed on monza, not complaining its a good thing on monza especially... But get a wheel over the rumble strip and you better show down or you will be penalised.

Bealdor
07-12-2017, 18:05
Sorry but track limits have totally changed on monza, not complaining its a good thing on monza especially... But get a wheel over the rumble strip and you better show down or you will be penalised.

The limits are unchanged. It's the time gained calculation that was adjusted.

iggy
07-12-2017, 18:41

That's what Cheech said... or was it Chong?

Chorus starts singing... "Up in smoke, that's where I want to be... In my lungs and sometimes up my nose"

Savoy49
07-12-2017, 18:44
Anyone in North America have the 1.3.0 patch yet?

fydo
07-12-2017, 18:54
Hi. How do you see the new FFB? I am reconfiguring everything again. so far I stay in the pure profile 100, 43, 43, 40 in T500rs

Shogun613
07-12-2017, 18:54
Just about 2PM EST and no update yet in NA.

Lipti
07-12-2017, 19:12
My experience with patch 3.01 so far: Karts driving experience hugely improved, BUT:
- "Schwerer Schaden" (severe damage) shown from the beginning of the race
- no damage, no matter what I do! (yes, damage is enabled in the options)
I hope, I don't have to wait weeks like before these newly introduced bugs are fixed.

STAATSFEIMD_NR1
07-12-2017, 19:15
Playing on PS4 PRO

After the patch I noticed huge "blurry and unclear" outlines at the bottom and the right side of the screen it goes bigger when you're getting faster.

And a question which graphic mode is for the best graphic? I've got a 4k screen.

Is it "better graphics" or "higher resolution" to me the description is not 100% clear. So which mode looks best and had the most details. Sry for that dumb question.

Thanks to those who will answer my question. :)

Bdawg111
07-12-2017, 19:31
Us in North America haven't gotten ahold of the patch yet. Can someone tell me if the TT leaderboards have been fixed? Previously it would compare my times in say GT3 cars with the times of those driving a GT1 (same goes for Formula C, LMP2s, and so on.) Didn't see it in patch notes so I'm sorta worried.

jaredinhouston
07-12-2017, 19:35
How big is the patch? I wanna plan my weekend coming up to play accordingly

Sankyo
07-12-2017, 19:35
How big is the patch? I wanna plan my weekend coming up to play accordingly

4.7 GB

PulpDogg
07-12-2017, 19:39
Us in North America haven't gotten ahold of the patch yet. Can someone tell me if the TT leaderboards have been fixed? Previously it would compare my times in say GT3 cars with the times of those driving a GT1 (same goes for Formula C, LMP2s, and so on.) Didn't see it in patch notes so I'm sorta worried.

I'd be interested in an answer here as well. Also - can console players now sort those leaderboards by class or even car?

fbetes
07-12-2017, 19:40
This is my experience about the patch. First of all, thanks to the SMS Team for your work.

-The weather system is still broken if you choose more than 1 slot. However, the AI pace in rainy conditions (full rain race) is very good with 3.01 patch. Thanks for that.

-However, if you take 2 slots with random weather (or rainy) the AI doesn't pitstop at the right moment. I honestly think they pits very soon. In fact, I've tested a 20 laps race in Algarve (1 slot-Rain 2 slot-Sun) and AI has pitstopped at lap 5, when the asphalt was completely wet. Obviously the ran very very slow with dry tyres because of this reason...

-At the opposite situation (1 slot: Sun, 2 slot: Rain) the AI still pitstop in the first lap to change tyres.

Please, you have to address this issue.

On the other hand, I don't like the slowdown penalty. I don't mind track limits (it seems harder now, but it's the same for everybody) however, HOW DO I HAVE TO PERFORM A SLOWDOWN? Do I have to lift completely the throttle? How much time? Please you should explain the system...

Finally, in my third career race, with rain, I could see artifacts through rearview:

https://youtu.be/xN6lbZhvWtc

EDIT: I forgot it, in Algarve track I didn't see drying line when the rain stopped... I was surprised because I could easily see in the demo.

iggy
07-12-2017, 19:41
If your referring to Time Trial times, where all open wheel cars get lumped into one category, and such... that is said to be a limitation of consoles ( both PS4 and Xbox ) and not a bug.

Pink_650S
07-12-2017, 19:45

Working as intended according to SMS.
Sad, but true.

Dinos
07-12-2017, 20:08
For me the bigger problem is the clutch. It is very strange that they didn't fix it after so many players complains.

IceShaft
07-12-2017, 20:10
Playing on PS4 PRO

After the patch I noticed huge "blurry and unclear" outlines at the bottom and the right side of the screen it goes bigger when you're getting faster.

And a question which graphic mode is for the best graphic? I've got a 4k screen.

Is it "better graphics" or "higher resolution" to me the description is not 100% clear. So which mode looks best and had the most details. Sry for that dumb question.

I would like to know that as well, can’t really figure out which settings are the best with a ps4 pro on a 4K display with hdr.
So far it seems that “resolution” is better than “visual”.
With visual I’ve got the same blurry and washed out problem especially far on the horizon.

Chawabax
07-12-2017, 20:13
I was driving at Laguna Seca, Nissan GT3, offline personal event.
Cutted the track once, I decided to wait for the penalty because I wanted to test it, to check the amount of seconds: 1s
Cutted again after few laps: 2s
cutted again: 33s :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

cutted again and again and again (test purpose): 2s, 1s, 3s, etc....., no more such a penalty 33s !!

Can be a bug? maybe a bug in the gained time calculation

I was not able to reproduce the same penalty, even cutting 2-3 corners in a row

Jimmy777
07-12-2017, 20:47
Why my patch is only is 806,9MB other people speak about 4,7GB??

Bdawg111
07-12-2017, 21:06
If your referring to Time Trial times, where all open wheel cars get lumped into one category, and such... that is said to be a limitation of consoles ( both PS4 and Xbox ) and not a bug.

Oh boy that stinks my dad has been patiently waiting to lay down his times in the BMW 2002 Turbo this is gonna upset him. SMS don't be surprised if an angry old man emails you looking to get his money back.

uniquesilver
07-12-2017, 21:23
Oh boy that stinks my dad has been patiently waiting to lay down his times in the BMW 2002 Turbo this is gonna upset him. SMS don't be surprised if an angry old man emails you looking to get his money back.
I am also lookig forward to money return for both blue ray and psn version of this game. Cant play it at all- all the time ce-34878 crashes- i even recorded a video how it happens all the time. Really frustrating- one of sms guyd told me in other topic, that patch will end this error- after it its all the same for me. Anyone with this problem? I ve done everything- even my console went to sony for two weeks, cleaning, initialising, system install, save of pc2 removed, nothing helps on my ps4 pro. Maybe someone from devs can give me a date when problems will be solved?

Video how it looks, after that bluescreen and ce-34878 every time.

https://youtu.be/lsbV7b2UOm4

Roger Prynne
07-12-2017, 21:35
^ I don't know if you have said before, but have you tried without the wheel attached?

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-12-2017, 21:41
Well, got to try out the patched game just now... and wow, the FFB on my CSLE-PS4 feels godly, so good. My mate on his T500 says that his is much better as well.

Great job!

uniquesilver
07-12-2017, 21:43
^ I don't know if you have said before, but have you tried without the wheel attached?
Yes I've tried everything. Even no hdr, difderent resolutions, other tv, no hdcp etc. It's the same, unfortunately...

effinjamie
07-12-2017, 21:50
Playing on PS4 PRO

Yeah I’m getting this as well, seems like an “overscan” issue, I went into ps4 settings to make sure my screen was set to the correct size, no change there.

Zenzic
07-12-2017, 21:52
Just re-ran a race with the exact same settings as before the patch. The things I noticed most:

- Tire wear is back!
- The radiator is a bit more resilient.
- More bass in sound.

Thank you!

stevewf1
07-12-2017, 22:42
Very disappointed with the patch. Game is now unplayable with Logitech G29 wheel, wheel moves violently left and right on the straights, making it near impossible not to crash. Other players' mics are still too loud in online lobby games, and muting doesn't work. Getting to the point of uninstalling the game for good now.

legacy-8
07-12-2017, 22:56
Firstly, great job SMS

Game feels great now on the G29 with a little bit of tweaking of ffb

Graphics look superb on my screen (PS4 Pro running on 28" gaming monitor) with very little AA, crystal clear and smooth

Just had a quick race, all was good!

One negative though, had a full system crash when I went to select a different car in private testing.

Thanks

Ian Bell
07-12-2017, 23:13
Now the two posts above show just how tough this can be :)

Hard reset your systems guys. After installing.

dolande
07-12-2017, 23:15

I though you like the challenge :D

Ian Bell
07-12-2017, 23:17
Also remember to delete old setups. We've made changes to a lot of cars making old setups redundant. As in, dysfunction on occasion.

dutchracer
07-12-2017, 23:19
i just tried the mclaren 650s gt3 on brands hatch in time trail. just yesterday i managed a 1.23.978, before that even a 1.23.7xx in an online lobby. ive read the patch notes and there isnt any note about handeling changes for this car but now its like driving a freacking fiat panda orso! why sms! thx for making al the hours of finding setup improvements(witch i enjoyed very much btw:)' useless. can anyone tell me if im missing something here? or do i really have to start from scratch again! thx -peace-

Ian Bell
07-12-2017, 23:20
i just tried the mclaren 650s gt3 on brands hatch in time trail. just yesterday i managed a 1.23.978, before that even a 1.23.7xx in an online lobby. ive read the patch notes and there isnt any note about handeling changes for this car but now its like driving a freacking fiat panda orso! why sms! thx for making al the hours of finding setup improvements(witch i enjoyed very much btw:)' useless. can anyone tell me if im missing something here? or do i really have to start from scratch again! thx -peace-

I refer you to my post directly above yours.

dutchracer
07-12-2017, 23:29
I refer you to my post directly above yours.

hahaha ok that one wasnt there at the time lol. but yeah thats pretty fcktup then.....

davidt33
07-12-2017, 23:36
Also remember to delete old setups. We've made changes to a lot of cars making old setups redundant. As in, dysfunction on occasion.

Need a little reminder. What's the best way to delete old setups as advised again? Without having to load each car, say in Practice, to manually load setups, select each one and delete. I think there's a way to go in Options...Saved whatever etc....but can't remember right now and don't want to delete something I shouldn't and regret later.

It's a beatch to have to delete whatever setups now but if that is what is advised I'd prefer to bite the bullet and do it.

BTW. I'm referring to PS4.

Ian Bell
07-12-2017, 23:40
hahaha ok that one wasnt there at the time lol. but yeah thats pretty fcktup then.....

Why so? We can't hardly allow things like people having a diff setting on karts when we've removed the whole diff... The old files will clearly not work in circumstances like that.

dutchracer
07-12-2017, 23:49
Why so? We can't hardly allow things like people having a diff setting on karts when we've removed the whole diff... The old files will clearly not work in circumstances like that.

im not talking about karts, ive only tried the mclaren65pgt3 on brands in tt so far. the setup menu from the mclaren is exacly the same as before so.

twotonetommy
07-12-2017, 23:53

Hi Ian,

What is considered a hard reset - Power completely down and bring it back up? OR uninstall and reinstall game?

Thanks
Twotone

elite53
08-12-2017, 00:06
I have the same question. What's a hard reset? ^^^

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 00:08
Hi Ian,

What is considered a hard reset - Power completely down and bring it back up? OR uninstall and reinstall game?

Thanks
Twotone

Yes, just a switch off and on again.

BaSsMaNLoFtY
08-12-2017, 00:20
A couple of issues I've seen post patch on PS4 Pro:

1) The graphic fidelity seems to of gone back on one track. I just ran a custom 5 lap race - TC race rules - around Brno and the graphics tanked. Cars were popping in and out of their hi and low res textures within feet from me.

I thought it may of been the low level sun causing mass hysterior with the bloom etc so ran with clouds and still looked rough. Genuinely looked bad. I will run it again tomorrow to get some screen shots. It's strange as it's the first track I've come across causing such poor detailing. The game looks good pretty much across the board and I'm not a massive graphics junkie, but I have to say that that combination looked horrendous.

2) As someone else mentioned. Picking two weather slots going from dry to wet makes the AI pit within a lap. I ran a GT race around Le-mans for 10 laps and the AI pitted on lap one!! No rain came until lap 4/5.

On the plus side, AI is much more settled for pace and I'm seeing some AI battles and more errors. Overall feels very solid. Thank you SMS.

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 00:23
A couple of issues I've seen post patch on PS4 Pro:

1) The graphic fidelity seems to of gone back on one track. I just ran a custom 5 lap race - TC race rules - around Brno and the graphics tanked. Cars were popping in and out of their hi and low res textures within feet from me.

I thought it may of been the low level sun causing mass hysterior with the bloom etc so ran with clouds and still looked rough. Genuinely looked bad. I will run it again tomorrow to get some screen shots. It's strange as it's the first track I've come across causing such poor detailing.

2) As someone else mentioned. Picking two weather slots going from dry to wet makes the AI pit within a lap. I ran a GT race around Le-mans for 10 laps and the AI pitted on lap one!! No rain came until lap 4/5.

On the plus side, AI is much more settled for pace and I'm seeing some AI battles and more errors. Overall feels very solid. Thank you SMS.

That's a strange one. We don't bias the lodding at all per track. It's the same everywhere. Did you do a full power off and on again after installing?

BaSsMaNLoFtY
08-12-2017, 00:29
Yes. I completely restarted as I wanted to make sure my new wheel was all connected.

As I said, I'll grab some screen shots. I used the TC BMW which has a rear view mirror dominating a lot of the screen. Can this combined with 31 cars and low sunlight combine to just cause to much load on the gpu?

You should sleep Ian. I've got a 3 week newborn, so I've got an excuse!!

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 00:30
Yes. I completely restarted as I wanted to make sure my new wheel was all connected.

As I said, I'll grab some screen shots. I used the TC BMW which has a rear view mirror dominating a lot of the screen. Can this combined with 31 cars and low sunlight combine to just cause to much load on the gpu?

I'm in Singapore, all good. 8.30 am ;)

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 00:30

Nah, we don't bias the lodding with load, just dynamic res. As I say it's an odd one but pass it for checking please mods.

Boreham1980
08-12-2017, 00:40
Ce-34878-0 Crash has returned, this time it happens when trying to select a car in online lobbies. Had it happen 99% of attempts.

Done the hard reset as suggested by Ian, internet connection is perfect.

Could it possibly be that people are running different versions of the game now the patch is out?

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 00:43
Ce-34878-0 Crash has returned, this time it happens when trying to select a car in online lobbies. Had it happen 99% of attempts.

Done the hard reset as suggested by Ian, internet connection is perfect.

Could it possibly be that people are running different versions of the game now the patch is out?

Yes, incompatible for a short period while everyone gets on the same exe. It should resolve but I'm keeping an eye on it to report just in case. I suspect if it were a permanent and common issue Bandai Namco and/or Sony would have spotted it.

RC-5PO
08-12-2017, 00:44
I'm in Singapore, all good. 8.30 am ;)

Confirmed by Ian. Singapore Street circuit coming as DLC. :)

The_Flurk
08-12-2017, 00:46
CSLE FFB has been fixed, thanks. It's a huge leap in the right direction, but not perfect.
Small issue: CSPv3 rumble isn't working.

Will there be more tweaking of the FFB in future patches?

Boreham1980
08-12-2017, 00:48
Yes, incompatible for a short period while everyone gets on the same exe. It should resolve but I'm keeping an eye on it to report just in case. I suspect if it were a permanent and common issue Bandai Namco and/or Sony would have spotted it.

Awesome thanks Ian, I thought it probably was the case. I shall post again in a few days if the problem persists. Apart from the crashes you guys have done a fantastic job, keep up the great work!!

Sum Dixon-Ear
08-12-2017, 00:50
CSLE FFB has been fixed, thanks. It's a huge leap in the right direction, but not perfect.
Small issue: CSPv3 rumble isn't working.

Will there be more tweaking of the FFB in future patches?

I've had the throttle motor rumbling but not the brake so far, am I missing something or is it still inoperable?

BaSsMaNLoFtY
08-12-2017, 00:58
Nah, we don't bias the lodding with load, just dynamic res. As I say it's an odd one but pass it for checking please mods.

Right. I couldnt sleep so thought I'd load it up and see what we get. Short video shows what Im getting at with LOD changes, but I couldn't replicate it happening in front of my, but I started to get it running cars to the near sides.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dN_xvcW4wE0

This is my opinion, but it seems that the game has never really been a looker with low level sun. I just wonder if that effects visual intergrity a little more by showing up jagged edges clearer than if they were against darker backgrounds.

I'm running visual enhancement option aswell so I'm unsure what that's really done graphically.

Boreham1980
08-12-2017, 00:58
So further to my earlier post about the Ce-34878-0 crash I just conducted an experiment. Set up an online lobby as a host, no one else in lobby, touring car class selected, went to change my car and got the same error as before. I’m no programmer but think this can rule out an incompatibility between versions.

Hope this gives you a bit more info to go on. My setup is below in my signature bar.

IceShaft
08-12-2017, 01:05
Right. I couldnt sleep so thought I'd load it up and see what we get. Short video shows what Im getting at with LOD changes, but I couldn't replicate it happening in front of my, but I started to get it running cars to the near sides.

This is my opinion, but it seems that the game has never really been a looker with low level sun. I just wonder if that effects visual intergrity a little more by showing up jagged edges clearer than if they were against darker backgrounds.

I'm running visual enhancement option aswell so I'm unsure what that's really done graphically.

I've been having problems with the Visual option as well on my PS4 Pro. The objects on the horizon seem very low res and blurry.
It doesn't seem to happen with the Resolution option so that's the one I'm using right now.

BaSsMaNLoFtY
08-12-2017, 01:07
I just want add that Brno is the first track I've had unusual issues with my wheel. The wheel involuntarily turns from central position to around 90 degrees left and right, swinging between these two points like it's calibrating. This happens after you press start race up until the light go green.

https://youtu.be/u6dhPynF6No

elite53
08-12-2017, 01:15
I've had the throttle motor rumbling but not the brake so far, am I missing something or is it still inoperable?

Same here. Works fine in the calibration app and sometimes in the game but then it gets lost. If I go back to the calibration and test them they both work then go back to the game it might work or it might not. It's kinda hit and miss? I also have the Formula Carbon Rim that has the rumble motors in it and it doesn't work either. If I'm not mistaken it reads the same signal as the brake.

Sum Dixon-Ear
08-12-2017, 01:26
Same here. Works fine in the calibration app and sometimes in the game but then it gets lost. If I go back to the calibration and test them they both work then go back to the game it might work or it might not. It's kinda hit and miss? I also have the Formula Carbon Rim that has the rumble motors in it and it doesn't work either. If I'm not mistaken it reads the same signal as the brake.

I'm not sure what you mean by them working during calibration.. do you mean by testing via the Fanatec driver suite?

I don't think the rim motors are actuated by the brake/ABS function, they work the same as gamepad motors to an extent. Edit : My mistake... they are, of course, actuated by the ABS function. Oops.

Are you in native PS4 blue LED or G29 purple emulation mode?

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 01:37

Are you on PS4, your platform is listed as PC?

Pink_650S
08-12-2017, 01:41
What have you done to the Soft Slicks? All you get out of them now is understeer.

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 01:43
What have you done to the Soft Slicks? All you get out of them now is understeer.

We've made them more accurate. But be sure to delete your old setups. They work in cold weather/tracks only now, as it should be.

BaSsMaNLoFtY
08-12-2017, 01:46
Are you on PS4, your platform is listed as PC?

PS4 Pro.

I've just run some more tracks and the game looks great.

I ran another race on Brno with Road cars and again the fidelity or LOD on vehicles doesn't look right compared to others.

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 01:51
PS4 Pro.

I've just run some more tracks and the game looks great.

I ran another race on Brno with Road cars and again the fidelity or LOD on vehicles doesn't look right compared to others.

OK thanks, it certainly looks a bit crap (worse than it should or it does here) in your video. Mods, pass to the team please. This is his video. Something is off clearly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN_xvcW4wE0&app=desktop

RotaryTez
08-12-2017, 01:53
Hi SMS thanks for the 3.0 patch sound and handling has improved alot

Formula Rookie problem
just wanna report strange graphic bug that has increased since 2.0 patch
the Formula Rookie front tyres wobbles/flicker alot in 3.0 patch every 400m around all the
tracks ive tested it on ... the wet tyre texture has improved alot there just got the wobbles

also the Zhuhai track has a misty/hazy look...... i set weather to a clear summer day 12.00
o'clock it's never sunny?

looking forward to the next patch 4.0

ace1973
08-12-2017, 01:54
So the soft slicks won’t have any grip/use on hotter tracks? That doesn’t seem realistic they should work just not as long as harder compounds. They should actually provide more grip just wear out faster.

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 02:01
So the soft slicks won’t have any grip/use on hotter tracks? That doesn’t seem realistic they should work just not as long as harder compounds. They should actually provide more grip just wear out faster.

It's absolutely realistic. Don't be fooled by the oddly engineered F1 tyres... Soft tyres don't produce more grip. Tyres need to be in an operating window related to track temperature. And hards often give much more grip than softs depending upon that temperature.

EDIT, mods, maybe one of you can find this statement from Tommy Milner.

GTsimms
08-12-2017, 02:03
OK thanks, it certainly looks a bit crap (worse than it should or it does here) in your video. Mods, pass to the team please. This is his video. Something is off clearly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN_xvcW4wE0&app=desktop

Done!!!

Jonyvf
08-12-2017, 02:07
Ian
The breaks with people joining or leavig the room continues
And i think it´s worst
But i´m liking the patch

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 02:09
Ian
The breaks with people joining or leavig the room continues
And i think it´s worst
But i´m liking the patch

The JIP is actually improved. We cut the judder by about half... Maybe some issues with incompatible exe's trying to join which will resolve itself when all have the patch.

BaSsMaNLoFtY
08-12-2017, 02:11

I've run a few more tracks with time of day and can say that's it's actually not the tracks, but the lighting and LOD on the vehicles which is causing shimmering on cars and weird issues around track ares like the edge of tarmac and edges of barriers etc. Maybe an AA issue? This has been worked on for patch 3 I believe?

Here's another short video where you'll see loads of the shimmering and LOD at the first corner. I would look at the second time round onto the straight aswell as this shows weird artefacting on trackside objects.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OyGn6TzTL2w

Ignore the jump start and crap driving!! I've been jumping around cars and tracks!!

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 02:16
I've run a few more tracks with time of day and can say that's it's actually not the tracks, but the lighting and LOD on the vehicles which is causing shimmering on cars and weird issues around track ares like the edge of tarmac and edges of barriers etc. Maybe an AA issue? This has been worked on for patch 3 I believe?

Here's another short video where you'll see loads of the shimmering and LOD at the first corner. I would look at the second time round onto the straight aswell as this shows weird artefacting on trackside objects.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OyGn6TzTL2w

Ignore the jump start and crap driving!! I've been jumping around cars and tracks!!

Yes, for patch 3 you can choose the settings. I assumed you had it? If not then fear not, you can emphasise, looks, frames or resolution in the patch.

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 02:17
Done!!!

Get ready to remove this if Bassman isn't running the latest please.

BaSsMaNLoFtY
08-12-2017, 02:17
Yes, for patch 3 you can choose the settings. I assumed you had it? If not then fear not, you can emphasise, looks, frames or resolution in the patch.

I am running enhanced visuals. I wasent sure if something bigger is in play as part of the pro update causing AA side effects.

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 02:19
I am running enhanced visuals.

OK, it is odd then. Pass it to the team please mods. I suspect you've found a time of day our AA code isn't 'enjoying' and it's therefore something we should look at.

BaSsMaNLoFtY
08-12-2017, 02:22
OK, it is odd then. Pass it to the team please mods. I suspect you've found a time of day our AA code isn't 'enjoying' and it's therefore something we should look at.

Thank you Ian.

GTsimms
08-12-2017, 03:05
It's absolutely realistic. Don't be fooled by the oddly engineered F1 tyres... Soft tyres don't produce more grip. Tyres need to be in an operating window related to track temperature. And hards often give much more grip than softs depending upon that temperature.

EDIT, mods, maybe one of you can find this statement from Tommy Milner.

Found it,

The Hard tire, based on what the team would like to see, should be the go to tire for most conditions. The key here is the the compound is linked more to track temperature and not just an outright faster/softer tire. In today's world of tire compounds, rarely is it faster to run a tire that is too soft for the conditions; you run the tire appropriate for the track temperatures and that is the tire which will go the fastest. The days of a 'soft compound' that just goes off faster are pretty well gone, at least for GTE. So, the soft should work in cold temperatures and the hard should work in most others.

elite53
08-12-2017, 05:16
I'm not sure what you mean by them working during calibration.. do you mean by testing via the Fanatec driver suite?

I don't think the rim motors are actuated by the brake/ABS function, they work the same as gamepad motors to an extent. Edit : My mistake... they are, of course, actuated by the ABS function. Oops.

Are you in native PS4 blue LED or G29 purple emulation mode?

Yes, sorry. I meant in the Fanatec driver suit. It always works in the driver suit and only sometimes in the game. I haven't played around with it enough yet but I notice it works once I use the driver suit to test the pedals and then go to the game. Then once I turn off my console and come back the next day the vibration stops working again. Then I have to do it all over again. I play in the blue PS4 mode. I didn't much care for the compatibility mode. They both felt like a compromised experience so I just left it in blue mode. I sent an email to Fanatec about this to see if they had any input but haven't received a reply yet.

Chrisps
08-12-2017, 05:18
I have a question about patch 3.0 for the PlayStation I am on the east coast of the USA and it is after midnight and I am still wating on patch 3.0 to come out will it be out today here on the eastvcoast of the USA I went to my project cars 2 game and went to check for the new patch and it says that I am up to date and there is no new version of the game so my question when will patch 3.0 come out for the PlayStation 4 on the east coast of the USA?

slind54
08-12-2017, 05:19

My Fanatec CSL Elitle PS4 now feels like its broken, Horrible vibrations/rumblings any ideas ?

Dirtryder
08-12-2017, 07:17
Found it,

The Hard tire, based on what the team would like to see, should be the go to tire for most conditions. The key here is the the compound is linked more to track temperature and not just an outright faster/softer tire. In today's world of tire compounds, rarely is it faster to run a tire that is too soft for the conditions; you run the tire appropriate for the track temperatures and that is the tire which will go the fastest. The days of a 'soft compound' that just goes off faster are pretty well gone, at least for GTE. So, the soft should work in cold temperatures and the hard should work in most others.

Not as far as V8 supercars are concerned. Soft tyres produce better lap times.

AugustDupin
08-12-2017, 07:30
Hello everybody :)

I have to say that the handling was massively improved (DS-Controller). It was a joy to drive the first few meters after the Patch. Really great work ! Thank you so much for this :)

Madwak55
08-12-2017, 07:47
I have a question about patch 3.0 for the PlayStation I am on the east coast of the USA and it is after midnight and I am still wating on patch 3.0 to come out will it be out today here on the eastvcoast of the USA I went to my project cars 2 game and went to check for the new patch and it says that I am up to date and there is no new version of the game so my question when will patch 3.0 come out for the PlayStation 4 on the east coast of the USA?
Are you sure you haven’t already got the patch installed? I’m in the uk and turned my PS4 on when I got home from work so it would download the patch automatically as i had something to eat as I knew it had already dropped. When I went back later to play the game there was no notification about a patch being downloaded so I did a manual check and it said my
game was the latest version so I gave the game a try and found that it was indeed version 3.01 but there still wasn’t the usual notification that scrolls on the top of the home screen that says an update has been downloaded...... strange?

Atak Kat
08-12-2017, 07:56
I cannot get the update either.
- current version 2.00
- check for update = installed application is the latest version.

Giubba
08-12-2017, 08:12
hi all
first, let me thank all the guys for the serious work they put into developing pc2.

PS4 Version - Gui and hud patch notes section - "added new help text for menu spring strenght in ffb settings" is broken , i mean , no help text pops out when im there.

Keep up the good work and thanks for this beautiful game.

cheers

uniquesilver
08-12-2017, 08:13

Ian, have you seen my posts about frequent ce-34878 error on ps4 pro? I cant play the game, i was hoping new patch fix issue, it didnt help me...

Sankyo
08-12-2017, 08:20
Ian, have you seen my posts about frequent ce-34878 error on ps4 pro? I cant play the game, i was hoping new patch fix issue, it didnt help me...

I'll check with Bruno today if he found anything related to your specific crash report (the error is generic, the cause of the crash/error can be different from case to case). In the meantime, could you submit your crash reports including your forum username? There's a chance that the cause of the crashes changed, as the patch included a number of fixes for various CE-34878 errors.

Madwak55
08-12-2017, 08:30
I cannot get the update either.
- current version 2.00
- check for update = installed application is the latest version.

My PS4 went into sleep mode whilst it was downloading the patch so have you tried turning it off and on again to see if it updates?

MeepMeep
08-12-2017, 08:45

Hi
have you tried Point 5 (Rebuild Database) in the Safe Menu ? it takes only a few minutes and you dont lose Data. Its not a fix for ce34878 but important to do .

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 08:52

I can assure you the patch isn't causing the game to crash on you, every attempt. This is clear as no one else is affected.

I'd rebuild your database and do a hard reset. In fact, I'd delete the game and download again. Install and hard reset your machine then play.

uniquesilver
08-12-2017, 08:55
I'll check with Bruno today if he found anything related to your specific crash report (the error is generic, the cause of the crash/error can be different from case to case). In the meantime, could you submit your crash reports including your forum username? There's a chance that the cause of the crashes changed, as the patch included a number of fixes for various CE-34878 errors.

I've submitted yesterday and some time ago reports with descriptions with my forumname or that issue is on the forum, yesterday about 23:00 to 24:00 CET. Hope you will find it.

And I also made a database rebuild, initialisation, new ps4 system installed from usb, my console was in sony for two weeks (they found nothing). Nothing helps, I really want to play this game :/

That a video how it happens:
https://youtu.be/lsbV7b2UOm4

No steering wheel, no hdcp, no hdr, different resolution, differen TV- nothing helps, really. I am looking forward to what's exactly an issue. Guy called on forums Bruno Alexandre- i think the same person you mentioned- have found this error once- link to forum topic and his answer- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51848-Fixed-ce-34878-0-crashes&p=1433483&viewfull=1#post1433483 (post #255)

Please help me, i really want to play this game :/

Sum Dixon-Ear
08-12-2017, 09:00
Remco (or anyone else on PC with CSPs) can you tell me what the functionality is with the brake vibration on your platform please... I.E. does it always work on brake lock-up in all cars, only on ABS equipped cars when the assist kicks in or is it not working at all?

MeepMeep
08-12-2017, 09:01
Have you used your old savegame ? Have you tried another Account ? sounds silly but its easy to test

edit:you must try everything, have you read the Threads about CE34878 in the offical Sony Boards?

uniquesilver
08-12-2017, 09:05
Hey, yes, old savegame removed, other account used, I've read threads on sony forum, done all the steps. Strange thing is that it doesn't happen in any other game (i have about 20 games), Project cars 1 working without problem. I am very curious what exactly the problem is and I hope devs will have a few minutes to check out whats exactly the issue :(

Invincible
08-12-2017, 09:15
Remco (or anyone else on PC with CSPs) can you tell me what the functionality is with the brake vibration on your platform please... I.E. does it always work on brake lock-up in all cars, only on ABS equipped cars when the assist kicks in or is it not working at all?

It always worked for me, I think. But I'd have to reconfirm to be sure. Might as well be that it only worked when I had ABS enabled, which was nearly always the case in the last few days. :/

Konan
08-12-2017, 09:15
Hey, yes, old savegame removed, other account used, I've read threads on sony forum, done all the steps. Strange thing is that it doesn't happen in any other game (i have about 20 games), Project cars 1 working without problem. I am very curious what exactly the problem is and I hope devs will have a few minutes to check out whats exactly the issue :(

Just tried to find a solution on the web...do you have a PS camera installed?
If you do,remove it and de-activate face recognition...

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/PlayStation-Error-Code-CE-34878-0

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/217176118--PS4-Error-Message-CE-34878-0

MeepMeep
08-12-2017, 09:17
OMG thats really bad :concern: tried another HDD ? I had this error in a few games , it comes and goes irregular. After changing HDD (2TB) the error appears not so often(10%), but still there sometimes. But this only what i see on my ps4 ,this is NOT meaning a new HDD fix the problem.

uniquesilver
08-12-2017, 09:19
Just tried to find a solution on the web...do you have a PS camera installed?
If you do,remove it and de-activate face recognition...

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/PlayStation-Error-Code-CE-34878-0

No PS camera, I am using only HDD of console, no USB

Konan
08-12-2017, 09:22

Have you tried this...

Fix#3. Reinstall the original hard drive

PS4 hard drive upgrade is one of the possible reasons for CE-34878-0 error, so if you have ever replaced the hard disk drive in your system, please re-install the original HDD to check if it is the issue.

Ian Bell
08-12-2017, 09:22

I wonder if by dint of bad luck your pCARS2 install has hit an area of your HDD that isn't functioning properly... It's the only logical cause I can think of.

uniquesilver
08-12-2017, 09:25
I wonder if by dint of bad luck your pCARS2 install has hit an area of your HDD that isn't functioning properly... It's the only logical cause I can think of.

But i 've reinstalled game a few times, so it still can be an issue? After system reinstall PC2 was only game on the console- problem still happens.

No I haven't upgraded hard drive, it's an orginal one, Sony checked it when I sent console to them, no problems found.

Is it possible, that if I install the game on external HDD- game could work properly?

Sankyo
08-12-2017, 09:33
I get brake vibration when I lock up under braking, no assists enabled.

MeepMeep
08-12-2017, 09:36
Dont trust an HDD :cool: if you can , try another HDD , they are not so expensive (1TB)

Sum Dixon-Ear
08-12-2017, 09:39
I get brake vibration when I lock up under braking, no assists enabled.

OK, thanks for the info bud. There is nothing on PS4, really miss my brake pedal feedback...

uniquesilver
08-12-2017, 09:43
Ok, I will change HDD to Seagate BarraCuda 2TB, SATA/600 (ST2000DM006), hope it helps...

TrueValue
08-12-2017, 09:49
Does somebody else have a problem with overheating front tires in GT3/GT4/GTE Cars? Did a 6 lap race yesterday in Algarve (track temp 48 degrees celcius) and on lap 3 my left front hard tire was already at 125 degrees celcius. The other tires were fine. After 5-6 laps the fronts were already worn over 20%. Is this intended? What can I do to keep the temperature down? I used the Standard Stable setup.

legacy-8
08-12-2017, 09:52
Spent some quality time with PC2 last night.....thank you SMS, what a superb game this is! Love it.

I run it on the PS4 Pro, and I'm actually amazed how well it performs. I have PC like graphics, with super smooth gameplay, what an achievement for a console game! Credit to both you as a studio and Sony for this fantastic bit of kit.

10/10 from me! Must go, I have my F40 warming up trackside!!! :cool:

davidt33
08-12-2017, 10:12
Hi @Ian Bell (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?7-Ian-Bell) or anyone else who can advise.
Ian you advised to delete old setups. How do you do that without having to load each car and manually delete saved setups (which could be a tedious excercise)? PS4.

Minimitch
08-12-2017, 10:16
Hi @Ian Bell (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?7-Ian-Bell) or anyone else who can advise.
Ian you advised to delete old setups. How do you do that without having to load each car and manually delete saved setups (which could be a tedious excercise)? PS4.

You can delete the save data from the PS4 in it's settings menu. Just make sure you don't accidentally delete your profile and career progress

ironik
08-12-2017, 10:17
Does somebody else have a problem with overheating front tires in GT3/GT4/GTE Cars? Did a 6 lap race yesterday in Algarve (track temp 48 degrees celcius) and on lap 3 my left front hard tire was already at 125 degrees celcius. The other tires were fine. After 5-6 laps the fronts were already worn over 20%. Is this intended? What can I do to keep the temperature down? I used the Standard Stable setup.

You are probably understeering badly in the last corner (likely in other fast right hander corners too) and applying too much steering to compensate. ;)

davidt33
08-12-2017, 10:28
You can delete the save data from the PS4 in it's settings menu. Just make sure you don't accidentally delete your profile and career progress

Exactly which save data? Is there a save data named "Setups" or something else? I'd hate to go and delete wrong data and end up screwing myself in the behind. And is that in the PS4's System's Settings or after loading the game and going to the game's Options or something?

TrueValue
08-12-2017, 10:30
You are probably understeering badly in the last corner (likely in other fast right hander corners too) and applying too much steering to compensate. ;)

Thank you for your answer. This might be the case, but the problem also occurs on other tracks like Long Beach etc. Before the patch my temperatures never hit the 100 degrees area, now they do all the time. Did a 10 lap race in Nürburgring GP, temperatures were better there but the tires were worn nearly 30% (only fronts).
Some other people seem to also encounter that problem. It is always the front tires, never the rear.

Chomps_McGee
08-12-2017, 10:40
Central area of the US here, patch still hasn't dropped for me on PS4 yet and it's 5 in the morning here for me. Is this suppose to have released in the states by now? When I click on information it says I'm still using version 2.0 and when I click check for update it says I'm currently using the latest version.

ironik
08-12-2017, 10:53
Thank you for your answer. This might be the case, but the problem also occurs on other tracks like Long Beach etc. Before the patch my temperatures never hit the 100 degrees area, now they do all the time. Did a 10 lap race in Nürburgring GP, temperatures were better there but the tires were worn nearly 30% (only fronts).
Some other people seem to also encounter that problem. It is always the front tires, never the rear.

You should try the loose setup I guess ;)
If your front tyres are still overheating, well, I don't know maybe it's PS4 related only.

I did 42 laps around Laguna seca in August (52°C track temp) and my front tyres were around 110°c overall. My rear right tyre was suffering a bit more though (around 115°c).
I didn't notice a huge difference compared to the patch 2.

goonerjon777
08-12-2017, 10:56
The JIP is actually improved. We cut the judder by about half... Maybe some issues with incompatible exe's trying to join which will resolve itself when all have the patch.

Yeah 4 seconds of judder has been cut to about 2 seconds of judder.
Still better hope you are not on a corner.

goonerjon777
08-12-2017, 10:58
Instant disqualification now whenever you enter pit lane too fast, even on auto pitstop.

gj_ozracer
08-12-2017, 11:02
OK heres my attempt to after updating to Patch3:

After Updating
Hard Reset the machine.
Start PC2 app

Goto Time trial -> Start Time Trial with Caterham SP300 @ Donnington National -> Load default Stable Setup -> Attempt to Exit Time Trial

GAME FREEZES
Background sounds can still be heard, but only a black screen with icons and buttons
Only Option is to press PS Button to close app and restart.

This has happens every time I attempt the above!!!

Also while in Time trial I attempted to adjust the Controller Settings (TM T300RS) and after adjustments were made, the game attempted to save them, but then froze at the saving icon.

Had to Close App again!!

Only way to adjust the wheel settings were to access the Controller menu from the Main Screen, not within Time Trial.

Minor issue is there is still the green and red flashes between the drivers legs at the footwell, at various locations on Donnington.
I thought it may be some Christmassy type of decoration, with the Drivers balls :)

Anyone else had issues like this??

Sum Dixon-Ear
08-12-2017, 11:03
Exactly which save data? Is there a save data named "Setups" or something else? I'd hate to go and delete wrong data and end up screwing myself in the behind. And is that in the PS4's System's Settings or after loading the game and going to the game's Options or something?

Quit the game and go to the homescreen, then - Storage>System Storage>Saved Data> Project CARS2, in there you will find set ups, ghosts, profile and career save, press 'Options' and individually select all your set ups for deletion.

goonerjon777
08-12-2017, 11:03
The cars need re-tuning yes. I was doing mid 46s at Monza with the 488 but now I've slowed to low 149s.

But if I was to offer any advice to PS4 DS controller users then alter the controller settings first, mine were all over the place after the patch, I needed to max out the controller damping to 100, speed sensitivity to 100 and dumb down the steering sensitivity to 35.

TrueValue
08-12-2017, 11:33
You should try the loose setup I guess ;)
If your front tyres are still overheating, well, I don't know maybe it's PS4 related only.

I did 42 laps around Laguna seca in August (52°C track temp) and my front tyres were around 110°c overall. My rear right tyre was suffering a bit more though (around 115°c).
I didn't notice a huge difference compared to the patch 2.

Is 110 degrees celcius not way too much? I heard you should keep the hard tires around 90 or they wear too much.

Shogun613
08-12-2017, 12:23
12/08 7:30 AM EST, no patch yet...

Invincible
08-12-2017, 12:28
12/08 7:30 AM EST, no patch yet...

Sony is to blame here. Not SMS.

Shogun613
08-12-2017, 12:30
Sony is to blame here. Not SMS.

I know, Sony NA is notorious for being a bit behind Europe with these things. Just keeping my NA peeps updated...

iggy
08-12-2017, 12:51

I too would like clarification on how you delete the 'save' information related to setups and such, but not delete any of my accomplishments with regard to careers achievements and such... I want to be prepared for when I do get the patch on my console.

Side note : I too am in USA, Eastern Time, ( not far from Detroit ). As of 6:30AM today , no update available according to my PS4

Minimitch
08-12-2017, 13:41
I too would like clarification on how you delete the 'save' information related to setups and such, but not delete any of my accomplishments with regard to careers achievements and such... I want to be prepared for when I do get the patch on my console.

Side note : I too am in USA, Eastern Time, ( not far from Detroit ). As of 6:30AM today , no update available according to my PS4

Check out post 144, explains it there

LMGTP
08-12-2017, 14:00
Im confused as a ps4 pro player would we be getting more improvements on graphics?

I played 32 ai cars at night with rain at Bathurst it was pretty jaggy i mean a lot of jaggies. But if you put it on framerate it runs smoothly despite so many jaggies.

SCClockDr
08-12-2017, 14:37
Here is a link to post 144 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57939-PS4-Patch-3-0-Discussion-thread&p=1442271&viewfull=1#post1442271) which will guide you.

JohnSchoonsBeard
08-12-2017, 14:41
I've been trying the online championships. When choosing the players to invite I can only see a small subset of my friends. I have hundreds more who are not showing up.

ace1973
08-12-2017, 14:41
We’ll hoping for the patch today in NA, but starting to look like it might not happen. Hopefully Sony doesn’t make us wait until next Tuesday.

Sum Dixon-Ear
08-12-2017, 14:48
I've been trying the online championships. When choosing the players to invite I can only see a small subset of my friends. I have hundreds more who are not showing up.

Everyone is showing up for me... I can even invite myself by the look of it.

JohnSchoonsBeard
08-12-2017, 15:05
Everyone is showing up for me... I can even invite myself by the look of it.

How many friends do you have on psn? I've got hundreds.

Sum Dixon-Ear
08-12-2017, 15:06
How many friends do you have on psn? I've got hundreds.

Not saying now... bloody show off.

:biggrin-new:

JohnSchoonsBeard
08-12-2017, 15:08
Not saying now... bloody show off.

:biggrin-new:

Well I run a Project CARS club/league so every Tom Dick or Barry who has ever joined is my friend. Most of my friends have either Project CARS 1 or 2.

I'll send you a pm with an invite.

Sum Dixon-Ear
08-12-2017, 15:12
Well I run a Project CARS club/league so every Tom Dick or Barry who has ever joined is my friends. Most of my friends have either Project CARS 1 or 2.

I'll send you a pm with an invite.

Yay, I'll have two friends now!

iggy
08-12-2017, 15:27
Here is a link to post 144 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57939-PS4-Patch-3-0-Discussion-thread&p=1442271&viewfull=1#post1442271) which will guide you.

Thank you... ( and Minimitch ) for pointing me to the answer.

Now, I just cross my fingers and hope that by the time i get home from work today , the patch will be available for me in the USA.

TheBaldReverend
08-12-2017, 16:02
Ian and SMS, well done and thank you.

I was going to write a long post but I'll keep it short. Whatever you have done, it works, I'm really enjoying the game again. I'm really looking forward to see what you guys have in store for the future.

One minor criticism, the penalty system needs tweaking - OK the track limits are incredibly harsh, I can live with that but when you get the 'slow down' message, there's no way of knowing how much to slow down, maybe a progress bar would be useful to show us how much we need to slow down? Also, a tiny, tiny cut results in a disproportionate amount that you have to slow down.

And while I'm at it, one feature request - please, please, introduce more filters for online lobbies - particularly a 'not' filter - On PS4 90% of the measly 20 lobbies are GT3 - I would love to be able to filter out the GT3s to make use of the other amazing cars you have put into this game. With so much depth of history available to drive it amazes me people just want GT3 at Monza, please SMS, make it happen.

Here's to the future.

seb02
08-12-2017, 16:28
after a few hours on it since the update :

- the sound has been greatly improved
- IA is better in first turn but there is still work
- Online championship is there but WITHOUT IA so no interest for me
- The SUGO circuit is still experiencing slowdowns on the first corners (test with 15 IA only in GT3 in custom race). Slowdowns also on Nurburgring.
- No graphic improvement on the standard ps4.
- The Ford Fusion is still undriveable on the Monza Oval.

I will continue testing this weekend.

demadou
08-12-2017, 18:28
Well done with the patch and I'm trying not to be rude but what the problem with CE errors ?
I waited for that patch so hard, and now, not able to play a single race ... Keep crashin' !

tms
08-12-2017, 18:36
First of all thanks for the team for the latest patch which finally fixed the FFB when using a Fanatec CSL steering wheel. I just had a blast completing my first career race and would like to share some of my observations. Minor disclaimer: I’ve done some UI testing as part of my job so some of the stuff is a little bit nitpicky. The larger problems (AI inconsistency) have already been mentioned before so I won’t mention them once again.

System: PS4 Pro, 1080p Monitor

Minor issues (random Order)

1. Green screen after watching the series into video
The screen goes completely green for a few ms after watching the intro video of a racing series. Nothing major but I’m sure there’s a way to get rid of it

2. Driver initials are capitalized when creating a new driver but displayed normally during a race

3. Reflections from the curbs inside the cockpit
The red curb color shines through the cockpit when driving over curbs which can be a little bit annoying
(Hard to see on the screenshot)

Other observations

The game looks a lot better when using High Resolution compared to enhanced visuals
That’s probably not what most people would expect and I'm sure there would be less complaints if "enhanced visuals" really offers the best visuals.

Manufacturers affinity is account wide despite being available in the drivers profile view
My newly created driver profile already had some events unlocked from my previous driver profile (which i have deleted before). I would expect the affinity to be related to the current driver since the manufacturer page is only available through the driver profile view.

That’s all for now but I can make some notes during my next races if there's interest for such minor issues.

Jonyvf
08-12-2017, 19:17
My impression:
Game changer
The grafics are improved in PRO
The tires looks fixed in career mode
Now driving a TCR Mercedes A45 is fantastic
The downshift protection now works very well

To play the game the improvements are great but...
Online needs work

Penalize system too much agressive and i think needs work too

And a feature that i need a lot is a possibility to create a Championship with IA like the online championship
Ian Bell if you put that feature in the game than your game definitely get another level

Well done

iggy
08-12-2017, 19:29
So, has anyone in North America been able to get v1.301 patch yet?

r34ver
08-12-2017, 19:37
Can't start private testing or quick race on any of the kart tracks, even with Kart selected as vehicle. PS4 Patch 3.01

ant1897
08-12-2017, 19:39
So, has anyone in North America been able to get v1.301 patch yet?

Unless the patch shows up tonight, I think we're SOL until next week.

iggy
08-12-2017, 19:41
Unless the patch shows up tonight, I think we're SOL until next week.
Then we may very well already be screwed , because as far as I know, it's like already way past normal working hours in Japan. Unless maybe this stuff gets done in US, which I somehow doubt is the case.

STAATSFEIMD_NR1
08-12-2017, 20:12
PS4 PRO I found a new bug

It rains IN my Car :D !
I was driving the Opel Astra TC in Carreer on several tracks in Cockpit View and the Raindrops fall trough the bodywork.

BionicBacon
08-12-2017, 20:24
Reporting from Alberta, no patch yet. All my racing friends are in GMT or CET time zones, all updated - unlike us poor North Americans - so, of course, I can't join the lobby. I guess I'll have to wank away in career mode and time trials all weekend (I need the practice anyway). Or join some NA only lobbies, I suppose. Because, as ant1897 said, we're probably screwed until next week, seeing as it's early Saturday in Japan. However, I believe SCEA/SIE has a system where devs can see what progress is being made in testing, etc, so perhaps SMS/BN can give us a hint? (hint hint)

porkovich
08-12-2017, 20:32
The lack of info is the trademark of SMS now. Patch was imminent 2 weeks ago and now we are going to wait one more week untilsomeone succeed in making a telephone call with Sony or Namco. Professional level at it’s lowest now.

AugustDupin
08-12-2017, 20:37
Well, never seen a company like SMS which was so in touch with their customers. To me it‘s professionell level at it‘s best.

SCClockDr
08-12-2017, 20:40
This once was a bit important to me as I had race dates set to go. Those are dim shadows now. No business can ignore a 3rd of its customer base and last very long. The mates I had those dates with are also less than pleased as well.
Looks like I'll do a bit of streaming instead, cha cha!

BionicBacon
08-12-2017, 20:49
Well, never seen a company like SMS which was so in touch with their customers. To me it‘s professionell level at it‘s best.

I have to agree. I've been gaming a long time and I've rarely seen such involvement from a dev. And I've played a lot of buggy games, unfortunately.

porkovich
08-12-2017, 20:49

During development for sure, but when the players began to hate and at some points there are right to do so (like now) SMS goes silent. Those are crucial times when 1/3 of the players are left in the dark with the evergreen statement “ we are investigating” And most problematic is that with the version mismatch there are many updated players that can’t play.

scobb1972
08-12-2017, 20:50
A reply to a post on Project CARS' Facebook page also said the NA patch was imminent, 5 hours ago. Tried PlayStation support earlier and they said Bandai Namco NA would have to be contacted since they are supposed to send SCEA, in essence, to have patch submitted to them and once its passed testing, it would be released. Sent a tweet to BandaiNamcoUS for any clarification and updates. Per usual, no reply at all, a bit of a Genesis music lyrics there.

davidt33
08-12-2017, 21:14
Quit the game and go to the homescreen, then - Storage>System Storage>Saved Data> Project CARS2, in there you will find set ups, ghosts, profile and career save, press 'Options' and individually select all your set ups for deletion.

Thanks a mil bro. Cheers. I owe you one.

amazed
08-12-2017, 21:16
Thanks a mil bro. Cheers. I owe you one.

He likes a strong beer or a decent whisky....

Konan
08-12-2017, 21:18
He likes a strong beer or a decent whisky....

...and stovies...

Nijno1
08-12-2017, 21:29
What? Am I missing nothing feels right.
1. I can't seem to get any tier to work at all it either too cold or over heating.
2. My times are way off +7 secs at spa & +5 Monza
I'm s1508 so I've had many hours on the game.
Been with project cars from the first game and always been a big fan but just feel so frustrated
With the game at the moment.
Can anybody help me pls or I'm giving up

davidt33
08-12-2017, 21:36
What? Am I missing nothing feels right.
1. I can't seem to get any tier to work at all it either too cold or over heating.
2. My times are way off +7 secs at spa & +5 Monza
I'm s1508 so I've had many hours on the game.
Been with project cars from the first game and always been a big fan but just feel so frustrated
With the game at the moment.
Can anybody help me pls or I'm giving up

Have you deleted your old setups? Advice is you should since the new patch adjusted some car tune settings which may conflict with pre-patch old user saved setups.

<----Pretending to be a pro.

Nijno1
08-12-2017, 21:42
Ye I've reset to default then started to retune.
Just can't seem to get any dialed in properly.
And I know tier's react to hot and cold tracks just can't get them in the work range properly no more.

AugustDupin
08-12-2017, 21:48
And I know tier's react to hot and cold tracks just can't get them in the work range properly no more.

Do you use DS-Controller or a wheel? Did you delete your old Controller/Wheel settings?
I deleted everything before installing the patch and everything works really great now.

Nijno1
08-12-2017, 21:53
Wheel t80 I know it's not the best but been doing just fine up to now. Upgrade to t300 after Christmas.
I might just have to delete everything and start all over again :(

davidt33
08-12-2017, 22:00

Instead of simple resetting as you did perhaps you should try actually deleting the old setups first. Here's the advice on how to do so kindly shared earlier by @Sum Dixon-Ear. I've just done it myself. Instructions (plus some additional elaboration from me):

Deleting (old) saved car tune setups:

Quit the game and go to the homescreen, then - Settings>Storage>System Storage>Saved Data> Project CARS2, in there you will find set ups, ghosts, profile and career save, press 'Options' and individually select all your set ups for deletion.
……When satisfied you’ve selected what you want to delete (Pause and double-check to see a check mark next to each item you wish to delete (but no other items) and also to make sure you don’t delete anything else you didn’t want to delete)….. Scroll to select “Delete”…click…and voila, you’re done.

stevewf1
08-12-2017, 22:05
Nothing but frustrations with this game since the patch. Yet to successfully complete a race in several attempts due to numerous issues with the game, losing lots of ranking points in the process. Unacceptable.

Nijno1
08-12-2017, 22:06
Instead of simple resetting as you did perhaps you should try actually deleting the old setups first. Here's the advice on how to do so kindly shared earlier by @Sum Dixon-Ear. I've just done it myself. Instructions (plus some additional elaboration from me):

Deleting (old) saved car tune setups:

Quit the game and go to the homescreen, then - Settings>Storage>System Storage>Saved Data> Project CARS2, in there you will find set ups, ghosts, profile and career save, press 'Options' and individually select all your set ups for deletion.
……When satisfied you’ve selected what you want to delete (Pause and double-check to see a check mark next to each item you wish to delete (but no other items) and also to make sure you don’t delete anything else you didn’t want to delete)….. Scroll to select “Delete”…click…and voila, you’re done.

Thanks will give it a try tomorrow.
Spent months on some setups to get cars to my taste looks like I'm back to square one again.

davidt33
08-12-2017, 22:06
BTW, 6:05pm right now my time. No new patch available to download yet. Tick tock tick tock......

*Raises fist*..... *goes for another drink*

If I had a weed I woulda smoke a weed to cool the 'erbs. True talk.

davidt33
08-12-2017, 22:12
Thanks will give it a try tomorrow.
Spent months on some setups to get cars to my taste looks like I'm back to square one again.

I hear ya bro and feel the same. I normally scour forums and youtube for pre-made setups done by more experienced tuner guys though because it's mainly mumbo-jumbo to me. All I do is mainly tweak to taste.

I wonder what's gonna happen with all those guys who took the time to create and post setups now in forum and also youtube? Are all those setups all for nought now? That must be quite the bummer.

AugustDupin
08-12-2017, 22:14
BTW, 6:05pm right now my time. No new patch available to download yet. Tick tock tick tock......

*Raises fist*..... *goes for another drink*

If I had a weed I woulda smoke a weed to cool the 'erbs. True talk.

Cross my fingers for you and your blood pressure :D

Nijno1
08-12-2017, 22:26
I hear ya bro and feel the same. I normally scour forums and youtube for pre-made setups done by more experienced tuner guys though because it's mainly mumbo-jumbo to me. All I do is mainly tweak to taste.

I wonder what's gonna happen with all those guys who took the time to create and post setups now in forum and also youtube? Are all those setups all for nought now? That must be quite the bummer.

Ye I think all 2.0 setups are redundant now. I've only had wheel since I got pc2 but I felt like I was getting some
where but now taken 2 steps back now. Might have to rethink the upgrade to t300 now.

Shogun613
08-12-2017, 22:38
No patch. Had a league race tomorrow, I guess I don't now as all of those guys are in Europe...

scobb1972
08-12-2017, 23:14
That does suck for league racers, paying for PS Plus and not getting full benefits. Not sure who's issue is causing the patch to not be released in North America. Emailed Bandai Namco support but won't expect an answer from them. Sony says contact the publisher etc. Only chance the last few days with 100mbps internet and next week it'll be 10mbps, so getting frustrated. Maybe we get lucky tomorrow but won't expect anything.

Scuderia Paul
08-12-2017, 23:24
In Photo Mode the new Tracking Speed function appears to be bugged which has ruined the experience.

It is now near impossible to take a photo of the car without some dreadful blurring and the effect is wildly inconsistent. Photo Mode has seen a great fix where the Filter Intensity now works but this undone by this new issue. Fixing this and adding the option to invert the Y-Axis for the Photo Mode camera would be nice elements of the next update.

ant1897
08-12-2017, 23:42
No patch. Had a league race tomorrow, I guess I don't now as all of those guys are in Europe...

Pretty much. If this thing doesn’t land this weekend, our Monday race is postponed.

ironik
09-12-2017, 00:49
Is 110 degrees celcius not way too much? I heard you should keep the hard tires around 90 or they wear too much.

Hards are working good enough until they reach 115°c, maybe 120°c maximum.
They're not as good as when they're around 90°c obviously but it's the same for everybody in the race.
Regarding the wear, I had no problem for my one hour long race.

scunnyfan78
09-12-2017, 10:09
Managed one online race last night, backed out and got disconnected from every other lobby I joined thereafter... losing driving points and patience fast !

BionicBacon
09-12-2017, 11:54
Pretty much. If this thing doesn’t land this weekend, our Monday race is postponed.

Ian Bell said "Tuesday or so" in another thread.

Wondering about seetheair.com. Is it all rFactor2?

Biddrace
09-12-2017, 12:24
thanks guys, great work with the update, first it was good but now it's amazing ....
the best Simulator on the market on ps4 ...
thank you so much

TheBaldReverend
09-12-2017, 13:28
Just had an amazing race - the invitational lightweights in the rain at Snetterton. I do think that I was suffering far more aquaplaning than the AI although I would follow them through a puddle, see their tyre tracks where the water had been displaced and follow through the same track and aquaplane less, brilliant.

One bug I've noticed - if the engineer talks to you while driving, the overall car volume remains low (PS4 Pro, all sound through TV).

seb02
09-12-2017, 13:47
Hello everyone.
Following the update, I ran a race on the Texas Oval. I know that the AI ​​will be reworked for the next patch especially with regard to the entrance of the stands. Thank you.
I noticed one thing and I would like to share it with you. The AI ​​seems adaptive.
Custom race / 15 opponents / IA 10% (above, the AI ​​is really too fast for me) with Ford Fusion.
The race starts, I'm faster than the AI of 0.600 s and I take the 1st place. As soon as I'm first, the AI ​​improves its time by 0.600 s (from first to last). I slowed down so that the AI ​​was in front (5 cars) and there, the AI ​​turns less fast of 0.600 s.
I started the race again and it was the same thing. I tested with the Indycar on the same circuit and it's the same thing. It is surprising. Have you noticed that?

Ian, I love the Texas circuit, is it possible to improve the original setup for the oval (Ford Fusion and Indycar) or add a Texas setup ? In any case, thank you for this track.

seb02
09-12-2017, 13:52
I had already noticed slowdowns on the SUGO circuit (I do not know why but this circuit is not fluid on the PS4 standard even with 15 cars). There is also Nurburgring (firsts turns) and I want to add COTA (1st turn). I hope this can help the SMS team. Thank you

Michel--NL
09-12-2017, 16:47
Look at the right of the screen. There are lines that shouldn't be there.

Michel--NL
09-12-2017, 16:50
If you leave the tuning setup description empty and press R2 to continue then you get "Please wait." screen, and nothing happens then. You have to restart the game.

davidt33
09-12-2017, 17:12

I see it now as you mention it. There's also a guy in pink top and shorts in the crowd.

ant1897
10-12-2017, 01:53
Ian Bell said "Tuesday or so" in another thread.

Wondering about seetheair.com. Is it all rFactor2?

No we run multiple series on ps4. Check out the website and forum! We have the World Series by Renault going on right now, f1 2017, and a few other series slated to start soon.

senna94f1
10-12-2017, 02:25
Other people keep saying delete all previous setups ,I still have mine from when I bought the game from day 1 and started tuning,

What I have noticed is beat the pro at longbeach on community events,if you pit in and once pit crew have changed your tyres ,just sit there and watch tyre temps go up by themselves,they went from 250 to 300 just sitting there ,so I don't know if that was a one off or I've stumbled on to something,

Also on ps4 on ffb graph it did show what wheel you have but since patch 3.0 just show SMS v ,

But these are tiny things that doesn't affect game

Ian Bell
10-12-2017, 02:43
Other people keep saying delete all previous setups ,I still have mine from when I bought the game from day 1 and started tuning,

What I have noticed is beat the pro at longbeach on community events,if you pit in and once pit crew have changed your tyres ,just sit there and watch tyre temps go up by themselves,they went from 250 to 300 just sitting there ,so I don't know if that was a one off or I've stumbled on to something,

Also on ps4 on ffb graph it did show what wheel you have but since patch 3.0 just show SMS v ,

But these are tiny things that doesn't affect game

You've stumbled on to the brake discs heating the tyre up gradually.

Biddrace
10-12-2017, 09:18
I noticed a small problem in public rooms.
the players who are reported to the pit (in qualifying) are actually on the track.

the players who are on the track are reported (in pit)
sorry for my English

Scuderia Paul
10-12-2017, 09:49
I love Stats in games but there is a frustrating glitch on my list. It says my preferred camera view is Chase Cam. I only use the amazing Helmet Cam in PCars2, the immersion is terrific, and my OCD cannot handle this bug.

Please fix it!

Ian Bell
10-12-2017, 10:27
But i 've reinstalled game a few times, so it still can be an issue? After system reinstall PC2 was only game on the console- problem still happens.

No I haven't upgraded hard drive, it's an orginal one, Sony checked it when I sent console to them, no problems found.

Is it possible, that if I install the game on external HDD- game could work properly?

If you're only uninstalling pCARS2 then it will reinstall in the same area of the HDD. You should remove one or more games you don't need on there and try again.

fydo
10-12-2017, 12:49
If you're only uninstalling pCARS2 then it will reinstall in the same area of the HDD. You should remove one or more games you don't need on there and try again.

Hi. Yesterday I deleted the entire hard drive. I was installing again and now the blue screen is jumping in offline mode. in the free race when selecting the car. fix this please

The_Flurk
10-12-2017, 13:49
Hello. When the manual pit control is off, the car/AI cannot exit the pit lane, it crashes into the wall.
It's in the G40J second cup series, when the AI wants to exit at Knockhill National. The turn to the left is too sharp for the AI.

falm
10-12-2017, 14:27
Hello. When the manual pit control is off, the car/AI cannot exit the pit lane, it crashes into the wall.
It's in the G40J second cup series, when the AI wants to exit at Knockhill National. The turn to the left is too sharp for the AI.

Seen this too, but car does not take damage (I'm driving with damage "on") and after the first hit it usually makes it out of the pit lane. Did the event yesterday.

Otherwise I like the patch very much :-)

Mattyking101
10-12-2017, 14:40
Hi. Yesterday I deleted the entire hard drive. I was installing again and now the blue screen is jumping in offline mode. in the free race when selecting the car. fix this please

The same thing for me,every time i go to pick a car in online lobby it crashes and error code comes up,EVERY SINGLE TIME,ive reinstalled it twice,i dont know what else to do

Fight-Test
10-12-2017, 14:45

I don't see them, point me in right direction.

fydo
10-12-2017, 14:52
I used to be online and now it's offline. before the game had bug of which I have not complained. I adapted to the way it came to market. but what is now is a serious case. I had to sacrifice my games and data saved in the console for that? To spend € 60 on a game that I can not play. This is to take letters in the Subject. If they have to go back to patch 2 they come back and leave us the fun game that was. the people who complained so much about bugs and bugs that they buy themselves a race car and they go to a circuit to run, but to leave us alone to others.

hkraft300
10-12-2017, 15:26
So ah... the mute and vote to kick buttons aren’t working in the trackside menu (after the session has started eg during qualifying or practice) sitting in the garage. Whether I select from the timing screen or from the ready screen through the online lobby option. Has anyone found a workaround? The only option I can think is sitting in a party chat...

senna94f1
10-12-2017, 20:32
I used to be online and now it's offline. before the game had bug of which I have not complained. I adapted to the way it came to market. but what is now is a serious case. I had to sacrifice my games and data saved in the console for that? To spend € 60 on a game that I can not play. This is to take letters in the Subject. If they have to go back to patch 2 they come back and leave us the fun game that was. the people who complained so much about bugs and bugs that they buy themselves a race car and they go to a circuit to run, but to leave us alone to others.

Have you got the latest patch because it might be a simple case of you haven't and you are trying to race online with people who have the latest update or vice versa,

Also check your subscription is up to date on psn ,and check you have Atleast 50gb of spare ps4 storage,

Or someone has hacked your wifi which is getting more and more common with certain niegbbours,

Plus depending on who supply your network provider,in some cases they throttle the network,
In uk BT does not throttle the system as Rambo doesn't allow this ,Sky does throttle there network and talktalka doesn't throttle wifi network, basically your wifi,

Also you might have as an example mcafee blocking your router ,which certainly means they are doing there job by keeping you safe online

Hope this helps

Renoldo1990
10-12-2017, 21:20
Hey Guys,

Don't know if already posted in this Thread here, but please notice:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58696-Patch-3-0-Weather-Synchronisation-Livetrack-3-0-Bug-Online-Mode

fydo
10-12-2017, 21:41
Have you got the latest patch because it might be a simple case of you haven't and you are trying to race online with people who have the latest update or vice versa,

Also check your subscription is up to date on psn ,and check you have Atleast 50gb of spare ps4 storage,

Or someone has hacked your wifi which is getting more and more common with certain niegbbours,

Plus depending on who supply your network provider,in some cases they throttle the network,
In uk BT does not throttle the system as Rambo doesn't allow this ,Sky does throttle there network and talktalka doesn't throttle wifi network, basically your wifi,

Also you might have as an example mcafee blocking your router ,which certainly means they are doing there job by keeping you safe online

Hope this helps

Hi. thank you very much for your attention. About what you say everything is in order except one factor. 50GB ... I think I have about 35GB left in the console. Otherwise it is in order. In addition, the error also comes to me in Offline mode, which makes me think that pirates must be very very pirate ...

Edit: I have to rectify. I'm free 138gb

johnnieshere
10-12-2017, 23:15
Racing at sugo in the ir 12 Honda road with 3 weather slots and a mandatory pit stop in single player. I set the weather slots to sunny, cloud and snow. The race starts in dry and sunny conditions but the whole grid is on wet tyres instead of using the mandatory pit stop when the snow starts.

Erinetti
11-12-2017, 01:04
So ah... the mute and vote to kick buttons aren’t working in the trackside menu (after the session has started eg during qualifying or practice) sitting in the garage. Whether I select from the timing screen or from the ready screen through the online lobby option. Has anyone found a workaround? The only option I can think is sitting in a party chat...

I think you can do it with the joypad (not the steering wheel) with R3 and [] button. I expected they solved this issue with a big MUTE ALL button in the patch 3.0 but... :(

hkraft300
11-12-2017, 02:28
I think you can do it with the joypad (not the steering wheel) with R3 and [] button. I expected they solved this issue with a big MUTE ALL button in the patch 3.0 but... :(

Nope.
Tried that. Same problem with the gamepad too.

Ian Bell
11-12-2017, 02:33

It looks like an issue has slipped in on PS Pro (and only Pro). We're on it as our highest priority now.

NateDawg
11-12-2017, 08:11

I see this guy got banned for some reason - I imagine some posts have been removed somewhere along the way...

Anyway, just wanted to say I too have this problem on PS4 PRo/Enhanced Visuals (I think). This is a legitimate concern as I thought my TV had broken! Glad it's just a scanning issue or something, but still a bit distracting. I'll try a different graphical fidelity mode and see if it goes away.

Apart from that, love the patch! Thanks for the update and looking forward to the DLC to come!

fydo
11-12-2017, 08:39
It looks like an issue has slipped in on PS Pro (and only Pro). We're on it as our highest priority now.

It's a relief to hear that. Thank you very much

falm
11-12-2017, 09:18
Seen this too, but car does not take damage (I'm driving with damage "on") and after the first hit it usually makes it out of the pit lane. Did the event yesterday.

Otherwise I like the patch very much :-)

Did a bit more testing yesterday. When you drive out of the pit in the first few seconds you can see the described behavior. If you wait for ~30sec so that the other cars have left - no problem.
So it's not an issue with a to sharp turn, seems to be caused by AI influencing your line.

Dave White
11-12-2017, 12:51
The same thing for me,every time i go to pick a car in online lobby it crashes and error code comes up,EVERY SINGLE TIME,ive reinstalled it twice,i dont know what else to do
This happens to me too. It's not quite EVERY time for me - I've been able to select a car a couple of times now, but in the vast majority of times it crashes.
People suggest that it's because not everyone is on the 3.01 patch, but I saw it happen yesterday (Sunday) in a room where there weren't many players and everyone else was also in the UK (where I am) so presumably should all have the same version, although I suppose it's possible that someone didn't wait for the patch to complete before they played.
You should really make sure that only people with the same version can join a lobby, otherwise we're not racing like-for-like even ignoring crashes like this.

uniquesilver
11-12-2017, 19:41

Hey Ian, unfortunately changing HDD helps nothing.

So thanks to you guys, I spent additionaly 350 PLN without any reason, to play your game. I sent a report of my specific error- 20:33 CET today. Could you please check what the hell is wrong with it? New HDD used, new system installed, ps4 pro, the same sympthoms, after 20-30 seconds of riding any car on any track- game freezes, then PS4 restarts and showing CE-34878-0. Text with report attached- it will be easier to find for you. Please of an explanation- what causes my freezes with you game?

demadou
11-12-2017, 20:16
Ian, thank you for adressing this bug !
But tell me please, why this bug came ? After certification ? Before and then Sony didn't see it on PS4 pro ?
It's the most frustrating situation I've met ... Waiting for the patch, hell of a patch though, and now can't play on sessions I must choose another car :confused:

It's not very "classy" to ask your customers to reboot their system, to download once again the updates / the game in order to play PC2...

Konan
11-12-2017, 20:48
It's not very "classy" to ask your customers to reboot their system, to download once again the updates / the game in order to play PC2...

I personally think it's very "classy" for a CEO to come here and try to help people himself....

JohnSchoonsBeard
11-12-2017, 21:10
I personally think it's very "classy" for a CEO to come here and try to help people himself....

Yes it is. I do understand the frustration as I am having the same problem. I'm sure this will be fixed as soon as possible. There's a helpful community here who will try to help anyone struggling with some of these problems.

Ian Bell
12-12-2017, 02:41
Ian, thank you for adressing this bug !
But tell me please, why this bug came ? After certification ? Before and then Sony didn't see it on PS4 pro ?
It's the most frustrating situation I've met ... Waiting for the patch, hell of a patch though, and now can't play on sessions I must choose another car :confused:

Don't ask me to talk to you whilst telling me I'm not very classy if I do...

Ian Bell
12-12-2017, 02:50
So it appears that we've resolved this issue internally. We couldn't reproduce it, none of our staff with a Pro could reproduce it. Our external QA group couldn't reproduce it either. But it appears to be related to front end memory buffers we pre-set and a certain group or combination of cars, if loaded in the front end, overflow the memory limits of one of the buffers. We therefore as a test reduced the size of the buffer and managed to get the same crash each time. So we're 99.9% sure that was the cause of the issue. The buffer size has been comfortably increased and we're pushing it out in a hot patch as soon as we're allowed.

Boreham1980
12-12-2017, 03:09
So it appears that we've resolved this issue internally. We couldn't reproduce it, none of our staff with a Pro could reproduce it. Our external QA group couldn't reproduce it either. But it appears to be related to front end memory buffers we pre-set and a certain group or combination of cars, if loaded in the front end, overflow the memory limits of one of the buffers. We therefore as a test reduced the size of the buffer and managed to get the same crash each time. So we're 99.9% sure that was the cause of the issue. The buffer size has been comfortably increased and we're pushing it out in a hot patch as soon as we're allowed.

Awesome news, thank you for being one of the few developers that actually listen to their audience (even the not so pleasant ones) and do something about it!

Looking forward to being able to get back racing properly again when the patch drops.

PS I’m not going to ask when it’s coming ;)

fbetes
12-12-2017, 07:40
Awesome news @IanBell.

If you're going to release a "hot fix", will include another bugs fixes? For instance, AI pitstops is broken if you select several weather slots, and Doug has confirmed this issue has already addressed internally.

Thanks for your feedback

Ian Bell
12-12-2017, 08:31
Awesome news @IanBell.

If you're going to release a "hot fix", will include another bugs fixes? For instance, AI pitstops is broken if you select several weather slots, and Doug has confirmed this issue has already addressed internally.

Thanks for your feedback

Nope, that will be in Patch 4 as it needs a lot of testing.

falm
12-12-2017, 08:58
Hey Ian, unfortunately changing HDD helps nothing.

So thanks to you guys, I spent additionaly 350 PLN without any reason, to play your game. I sent a report of my specific error- 20:33 CET today. Could you please check what the hell is wrong with it? New HDD used, new system installed, ps4 pro, the same sympthoms, after 20-30 seconds of riding any car on any track- game freezes, then PS4 restarts and showing CE-34878-0. Text with report attached- it will be easier to find for you. Please of an explanation- what causes my freezes with you game?

Just a wild guess, but did you try setting your PS4 so that it's using English as system language?

fydo
12-12-2017, 09:19
good morning everyone. I have a question. I want to give TH8A a shifter for Christmas. I wanted to know if the manual clutch works with the new patch ...

Minimitch
12-12-2017, 09:27
good morning everyone. I have a question. I want to give TH8A a shifter for Christmas. I wanted to know if the manual clutch works with the new patch ...

No that bug wasn't fixed in the patch

demadou
12-12-2017, 10:10
Thanks Ian for the hotfix coming soon we hope.
Great job by the devs btw, hope to get decent races ASAP :cool:

LMGTP
12-12-2017, 10:41
I play on ps4 pro. I put the graphics on enhanced visuals. It has this blur white looking thing at the end of the screen. Not game breaking just looks annoying on the beautiful graphics of the game.

ChuckWagon
12-12-2017, 13:31
"Added new Help Text for Menu Spring Strength in FFB settings."
I don't see this on PS4

iggy
12-12-2017, 13:55
Is it just me, or has the track's rubber groove become much more obvious visually?

SCClockDr
12-12-2017, 16:14
When saving a tuning modification to an ALL tracks tune, if it is saved over, it moves to a track specific tune.
TBF saving over a track tune functions as expected.
Saving to a new tune, then selecting the All tune you intend to modify still works as in patch 2.0.

It may work as intended till you establish a track tune as I failed to note the issue till I saved a track tune.

Could someone independently confirm?

I deleted all my tunes prior to installing the update.

TK125
12-12-2017, 17:52
received an automatic update that has ruined the gameplay at the Indy 500 track. It previously was pretty good and now, the AI cars are very slow, and they wander all over the track, and even my car will somehow get thrown off the track for no reason. I have a good setup and run mid 39s on my own and high 38s with the right draft. Is there a way to reverse the update and also a way to block future updates? Is anyone else having this issue?

Sankyo
12-12-2017, 19:41
received an automatic update that has ruined the gameplay at the Indy 500 track. It previously was pretty good and now, the AI cars are very slow, and they wander all over the track, and even my car will somehow get thrown off the track for no reason. I have a good setup and run mid 39s on my own and high 38s with the right draft. Is there a way to reverse the update and also a way to block future updates? Is anyone else having this issue?

What car(s), what AI settings, what weather?