PDA

View Full Version : [XB1] Patch 3.0 Discussion thread

Bealdor
28-11-2017, 11:59
Please use this thread to discuss patch 3.0 for XBox One.
It will be opened as soon as the patch will arrive for your platform.

For those new to Project CARS, the patch threads or NOT for discussing what is NOT in the patch. The patch threads are for discussing what IS contained in the patch. Other posts will be removed.

Patch notes : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57458-Project-CARS-2-Xbox-One-X-Updates-Changelog&p=1441584&viewfull=1#post1441584

Konan
07-12-2017, 18:15
patch is live people!

tarbat
07-12-2017, 18:17
PAtch notes say “To make sure that everything is working as intended, please delete your pre-patch setups and create new ones.”.

Is there a quick and easy way of deleting ALL setups on Xbox?

WellRED Barron
07-12-2017, 18:49
6+ gb

OddTimer
07-12-2017, 18:50
Sweet! Same day as PS4, ms keeps improving it.....

RobPhoboS
07-12-2017, 18:51
Impressive amount of work done!

Benja190782
07-12-2017, 18:55
6+ gb

It's like a new game, LOL.

This better be good - my hopes are up! Downloading now...

Lewy
07-12-2017, 19:19
Tried 4 different cars and tracks and it feels amazing.
Thanks SMS!!! Very much appreciated all the hard work that’s been done

RobPhoboS
07-12-2017, 20:24
Yup, awesome job SMS !

Narrisch
07-12-2017, 20:40
Good job SMS, thank you for the hard work!

OddTimer
07-12-2017, 21:18
Wow did a 20 lap at Monza early evening - night full grid on resolution mode and no tearing, no fps drops, nada! And what a race. Some AI had to pit, an AI accident, AI overtaking each other. Really fun! The only thing is that after the race when going back to race central the game crashed to dashboard. Do u guys think I should reinstall the game?

Eric Everfast
07-12-2017, 21:22
Not having any problems heating the Formula C tires anymore :)

Major Epidemic
07-12-2017, 21:24
I thought I would give it a quick test with the pad as I only had 10 minutes. Wow! This is an amazing update.

alegunner68
07-12-2017, 22:17
Great patch, can't wait to try my csl tomorrow. One thing still niggling me is the red and white trackside barriers glitching to grey, particularly at the Nords. Is this known?

MaxEndurance
07-12-2017, 22:24
PAtch notes say “To make sure that everything is working as intended, please delete your pre-patch setups and create new ones.”.

I believe this is for the PC only?

snipeme77
07-12-2017, 22:24
So here's my breakdown

Pros
-Tire overheating is gone...
-Wheel wobble and weaving is gone (As far as I can tell. I've had minimal problems with it)
-Career (As far as I can tell) is working
-Online Championships are here... (But you have to be invited to them by host. You can't sign up and or qualify into a event like GT Sport or Iracing )

Expected/Neutral
-Game runs +40FPS with 25ish car packs, but pushing past that will dump it down to around 25FPS (Phat OG Xbone)
-Tires still smoke like crazy (No overheating problems though)
-RAW FFB is rather weak once car count goes past 15 AI. I recommend switching to informative. I honestly can't tell much of a difference execept it is stronger.

Cons-
-I experienced a glitch where I lost my driver aids on the GT4 Cayman @ Texas road course, and then gained them back at the next race at Circuit of the Americas (Cayman cup, career)
-I've been having issues with ABS. I don't know if it's because the tire model has changed or what, but they're locking with a lot less input now. I've been racing LMP2's online for a few weeks now, and I can't get one around a track to save my life now because I'm locking tires up everywhere... I'll keep practicing and screwing with setups and see what I get.

Overall this patch has fixed most of the game breaking bugs I've experienced. Good patch SMS.

Also, some people are still having problems with Logitech wheels apparently. I have a thrustmaster though so I can't confirm.

Also, also, some people are reporting invisible pit crews again...

Maskmagog
07-12-2017, 22:30
Great Scott! Nice work. Doing Group A career, and in normal conditions it feels a lot better. Before patch I was sliding all over, now it's possible to push and have fun!

A few things though:
Career Group A, Bathurst, in snow. Still very difficult. I'm sure I could improve my snow driving a lot, but I'm 30 sec behind. At a skill level where I'm competitive on other tracks, in the same car. My feeling is that the AI still have lots more grip than me, under these conditions.

When entering "Edit setup", all slots were blank. If I moved D-pad left or right to edit the value, then that value suddenly showed. The rest were still blank. This happened at Bathurst, and at the next race at Sugo as well. Here, I reset all values (in "Edit setup"-screen, and then all values were visible again.

After the Bathurst race, the Race result-screen was empty. No driver names. Didn't mind that though since I was dead last :)

I have pictures of these last 2 bugs, if needed.
Haven't had time to test anything else, but it seems like a huge leap forward, nice!

Just Another Frog
07-12-2017, 23:18
Would it be at all possible to make the background on the timing widget + lap delta info box a little less transparent (or adjust the font colour) because in bright sunshine the numbers/letters displayed are impossible to read. Thanks.

Also, I'm having a little issue with the FC and FR cars using the default ''stable'' setup. I'm finding when turning (after downshifting) the car seems to lose power, with the engine struggling for revs as it exits the corner. I've had this problem before (pre patch 2.0) and remember the cure being super straightforward but can't for the life of me think what it was... So if anyone out there could point me in the right direction i'll be forever in their debt.

Time trial still throws up the ''Could not sync leaderboards'' message.

FFB on an XB1 controller is still really poor with the wheels having no feeling of being on the tarmac at high speed.. Even a tiny rumble would be nice when the rear wheels start to slide during cornering or at the point where you're about to completely lose grip. FFB is non-existent during spin outs - even if you are hit by another car or slide over the kerb onto the grass. Yuk!

Loucosp
08-12-2017, 00:15
a lot more fun now with AI.

They overtake each other and cars look like more balanced.

Well done SMS.

Juiced46
08-12-2017, 01:41
So far the patch has been a very good improvement and still loving the game. Resolution mode looks great as well!

A few issues to note I have experienced.
Console- Xbox 1 X
Digital Download version
Thrustmaster TX wheel

-Game still randomly crashes to dashboard when exiting a race. I ran about 5-6 laps in "Custom Race mode" on Nurburg GP with a Ferrari 488 GTE in a qualifying session. No AI cars. I paused game, went to exit to main screen menu of the game and the game crashed with that weird error sound when it crashes. This happened prior to patch as well.

-Camera flicker is still present when shifting with paddle shifters in Helmet Cockpit view with look to Apex on. When shifting up or down and the helmet is moving, randomly the screen has a quick flicker. I am using Auto Clutch if that matters. I tried to adjust Look to Apex values, camera movement, FOV, nothing makes it go away. This was present before the patch also.

- I see the Tuning menu now shows PSI instead of BAR which is great. However, during the race, in the HUD/Telemetry view, it still shows the Value in BAR.

nissan4ever
08-12-2017, 04:57
So far the patch has been a very good improvement and still loving the game. Resolution mode looks great as well!

A few issues to note I have experienced.
Console- Xbox 1 X
Digital Download version
Thrustmaster TX wheel

-Game still randomly crashes to dashboard when exiting a race. I ran about 5-6 laps in "Custom Race mode" on Nurburg GP with a Ferrari 488 GTE in a qualifying session. No AI cars. I paused game, went to exit to main screen menu of the game and the game crashed with that weird error sound when it crashes. This happened prior to patch as well.

-Camera flicker is still present when shifting with paddle shifters in Helmet Cockpit view with look to Apex on. When shifting up or down and the helmet is moving, randomly the screen has a quick flicker. I am using Auto Clutch if that matters. I tried to adjust Look to Apex values, camera movement, FOV, nothing makes it go away. This was present before the patch also.

- I see the Tuning menu now shows PSI instead of BAR which is great. However, during the race, in the HUD/Telemetry view, it still shows the Value in BAR.

My Xbox One, Xbox One S & Xbox One X all crash from time to time. When I'm playing The Division. Make that same weird sound when it crashes or just crashes with no sound. I've had it do it on Tomb Raider too. I would say it's a console issue.

Jezza819
08-12-2017, 05:10
How do you get rid of the overhead rearview mirror and restore the lap time delta +/- in the HUD since the patch?

Gav88888
08-12-2017, 05:40
Only done a little bit of testing due to lack of time but G920 FFB is still rubbish when going over 14 cars same as before. The wheel just wants to stay centred and takes more force to turn, also when you do turn it turns the car too much, for example a small movement left or right and the car is all over the place. Tried recalibration the wheel, changed to new default setups but nothing sorts it apart from reducing the cars down to 14 again, then it works great.

Friends have tried online and said it’s fixed but not had chance myself to test.

cxMilk
08-12-2017, 05:51
Didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes (may have missed it though), but I remember it being mentioned that some safety code was going to be written in this patch to hopefully prevent the Career file loss issue. Was this indeed the case?

Schnizz58
08-12-2017, 14:38

I'm wondering that too. I decided to start over with my career so I deleted my driver profile and created a new one. But all my setups are still there in the new profile.

Schnizz58
08-12-2017, 14:41
I believe this is for the PC only?

I don't think so. The file format changed across the board.

bennoj61
08-12-2017, 15:21
Invalid Use of Profanity bug returned when trying to save setups. The first car I tried - Ligier JS P3 - I deleted all my previous setups and created a new one - no problem. Then I loaded up the Toyota GT-86 Rocket Bunny GT4, a car for which I had no previous setups, and created a new setup named "GT-86 GT4 001" - got the profanity error. I went back to the Ligier and made a slight change to the setup I had just saved and saved with a new name - got the profanity error. Rebooted the XBox and tried both again, same profanity error. Unplugged the XBox for 3 minutes, restarted, tried both again, same profanity error. Exceedingly frustrating. Should I uninstall/reinstall the game?

Schnizz58
08-12-2017, 15:24
Should I uninstall/reinstall the game?
I don't know why that would help. I'd keep trying to change the name until you find something that it likes. Like for example, maybe it's the dash in the filename that's triggering the filter.

bennoj61
08-12-2017, 15:37
I don't know why that would help. I'd keep trying to change the name until you find something that it likes. Like for example, maybe it's the dash in the filename that's triggering the filter.

The Ligier setup has no dash, and still gets the error.

Schnizz58
08-12-2017, 15:39
The Ligier setup has no dash, and still gets the error.

I was just using that as an example. Start with a simple name and see if you can get anything at all to work. If you can get it to save then go from there.

tarbat
08-12-2017, 17:46
I'm wondering that too. I decided to start over with my career so I deleted my driver profile and created a new one. But all my setups are still there in the new profile.

I decided to delete the whole save file on my Xbox, and also cancelled Sync to the cloud save file as well.

Schnizz58
08-12-2017, 19:05
I decided to delete the whole save file on my Xbox, and also cancelled Sync to the cloud save file as well.
I thought of that too after making that post. Problem is that it resybcs from the cloud again when I start the game.

bennoj61
08-12-2017, 20:52
I was just using that as an example. Start with a simple name and see if you can get anything at all to work. If you can get it to save then go from there.

Tried several simple names like "1" and "a" and still get the error. Decided to try a full uninstall/reinstall, but no luck still getting the error. Next step will be deleting my saved profile and starting over. I'll leave that for either tonight or tomorrow.

Gav88888
08-12-2017, 21:39
Ok done a lot more testing this evening around the G920 FFB issues with 32 cars on track.

Using Informative instead of RAW this time and tweaking the FFB again from scratch I got it working and feeling ok, no judder or jerkiness, however when there is more than 22 cars on track the car has lots of oversteer, it’s like driving in the wet, but with careful throttle and steering inputs you can race with more than 22 cars and the FFB remains the same, but keep the cars to 22 or less and the car handles great, no oversteer.

I did the initial testing with the Audi R8 GT3 at Imola, but testing other cars and tracks the same is true. So it’s a step in the right direction.

Roushman624
09-12-2017, 06:54
The cars sound much better now but in replay some cars sound completely horrible. Check the Aston Martin Vulcan in replay and you won't be able to recognize the car by sound alone. Gameplay definitely the cars sound much more throaty.

inthebagbud
09-12-2017, 07:52
Unfortunately the ffb for fanatec wheels has taken a step back and we do not experience any feedback from surfaces road/grass/kerbs/gravel. The ffb in the demo was great but patch 3 is now where near the same .

Chiraq
09-12-2017, 11:04
FFB bug is still there when the lobby size exceeds 12 players.

tarbat
09-12-2017, 13:53
I thought of that too after making that post. Problem is that it resybcs from the cloud again when I start the game.

Not if you're quick and click on the CANCEL button when it tries to resync to the cloud. Then next time you start the game, it will ask whether you want to use the cloud save (older) or local XBOX save (newer). Select the newer save on the XBOX.

bennoj61
09-12-2017, 15:12
Tried several simple names like "1" and "a" and still get the error. Decided to try a full uninstall/reinstall, but no luck still getting the error. Next step will be deleting my saved profile and starting over. I'll leave that for either tonight or tomorrow.

Yup, deleting my saved profile and starting from scratch did the trick. No more profanity warning when saving setups.

Just Another Frog
09-12-2017, 15:17
Daytona oval (night).. Indy cars are self steering to the left.

cotcodacunu
09-12-2017, 17:25
The game is still crashing while loading at 25% sometimes.
And sometimes it just crashes randomly. The helmet cam bug with the flicker is still there, and I can't see the helmet anymore, even with the option on.

bluesky0870
09-12-2017, 19:13
Daytona oval (night).. Indy cars are self steering to the left.

I've noticed that too in the C7 rival event. I restarted the event and that solved it for me.

Disease
10-12-2017, 12:05
Hey guys sorry if this has been answered already but what does the green star/ top right corners of certain vehicles indicate?

Tank621
10-12-2017, 12:19
Hey guys sorry if this has been answered already but what does the green star/ top right corners of certain vehicles indicate?

I'm not entirely sure but it seems to only appear next to DLC cars so maybe it's an indication of that

Disease
10-12-2017, 13:18
Ahh right.. They must be the Japanese pack cars I got with the LE.. I don't think the green thing was there pre 3.0 update. Cool bananas

sidy
10-12-2017, 15:33
Where is "Help text for Menu Spring Strength in FFB Settings"?

bennoj61
10-12-2017, 22:19
Just noticed the improvements to relative speed and tracking in photo mode. Great stuff!

charleydood
11-12-2017, 02:55
Only played for about an hour, but the abs no longer works in the ford fg falcon v8 supercar. I know the car doesn't have it irl but pre patch I was able to set the abs to on via the assists menu. Now no matter what I do it's greyed out on the hud instead of it coming up white and doesn't go indicate green when the abs should be working. Tried a road car that had abs listed and also tried the group a r32 and abs worked as it should

FIA
11-12-2017, 04:26
Online championship cannot have AI and be played on your own with a full AI grid?
was this going to be in there too?

Ian Bell
11-12-2017, 04:28
Online championship cannot have AI and be played on your own with a full AI grid?
was this going to be in there too?

Correct. And no, or it would have been. That sort of defeats the purpose of it being online...

DjVinnyy69
11-12-2017, 04:32
Great update guys
Just something I noticed, prior to patch 3.
Game size was 43.1GB approx but after patch3 which states size of update 6.18GB game size is only 45.1GB, maybe my lack of knowledge but surely it be nearer 50GB now.
Just wondering where my 6GB gone lol

Invincible
11-12-2017, 05:41
Great update guys
Just something I noticed, prior to patch 3.
Game size was 43.1GB approx but after patch3 which states size of update 6.18GB game size is only 45.1GB, maybe my lack of knowledge but surely it be nearer 50GB now.
Just wondering where my 6GB gone lol

Most of the files aren't additional but get exchanged. That's why it didn't add up to 50 Gb.

PotatoMasher81
11-12-2017, 07:39
Man, I am really enjoying PC2 at the moment. The experience with patch 3 on xbox one x is just amazing. the AI puts up a great fight, I had great battles on long beach in GT4 careermode yesterday, fighting for the podium (AI set to 80%)

the ffb on the tx feels amazing, no clipping whatsoever, an absolute pleasure to drive. I finally get to sink my teeth in creating setups, every small change is immediately noticeable on track, great fun to mess about with.

Thanks everyone at SMS for this amazing game!

WizardEwe0
11-12-2017, 09:28
Info about Patch 3.0

PRO
- Now your Racing License is ok from the start of the game
- Some cars are better with default setup (for example FR3.5)
- Now the indicator lights of the driving assist on the HUD work better (before the patch: the HUD didn't respond when you're pressing ABS/TC/SC button)
- Now Session information when you're in the pre-race menu work very well
- Improved AI in low- and high-speed cornering
- Improved balance between player and AI in wet conditions
- Improved the synchronisation of clouds and rainfall, and the effects on cars

CON
- I use a pad but I know that some wheels still with high issues in multiplayer
- Random DSC in multiplayer lobby and this isn't good especially for us and for other community that love to do league, furthermore in PC1 we are able to do race in multi with 16players but in PC2 this don't work, only 12...
- Yesterday this happened to me in multi: Qualy session is over, I changed the batteries of pad and after I can't press ready in pre-race menu and so no race for me, the car still in the pit, only spectate mode

I read it that in PC the game works very well but I can speak for XB1 and the experience in multi isn't accurate. For example, in a GT3 League of an communtiy, we had many issues for DSC and we lose a lot of time to do a race. 2 weeks ago we postponed the race because 4/5 guys DSC everytime (and we tried to recreate the lobby many times with different host)
Impossible to do a multilobby in 16 guys, so this is a major backward step compared to PC1. When you join in online lobby with 16 players, you see everytime a lot of DSC, and lag spike everywhere
I remember when before the exit of PCARS2, some guys have complained because only 16 player in multi, so no step forward compared to PCARS1...but it's ok, if the lobby work good with 16 players we can be happy with this...but now the problem is we've gone from 16 to 12 players...very bad.
Usually, in the night, I like to play PCARS2 in multi with friends but in 2h we did only 2 races because most of the time issues with DSC...and this si a shame because when the game works properly, the racing experience is very cool
The 6gb patch improved a lot of thigs but not the essential part, the multiplayer. I repeat, on PC I think the multiplayer is ok, but for XB1 is a different story.

Chiraq
11-12-2017, 12:44
I hope you guys are aware that as soon as the lobby number exceeds 12 people on Xbox we have horrendous bugs. Is this going to be fixed? Otherwise championship mode is a bit dull isn't it?

Schnizz58
11-12-2017, 15:09
I spent a good bit of the weekend (re)starting my career. My impressions so far.

No issues saving setups. I had several setups already created in the previous release. I loaded them and re-saved under a different name then deleted the original. From then on I saved to the existing slot. Had no problems that I was aware of. Saving setups has had issues since the beginning of PC1 so I'm very happy to see this working as it should. Well done SMS!

The AI seem better overall. They are still very inconsistent from track to track. In my career so far, I'm either first or dead last. I have even been dead last in qualy but then won the race because conditions were different (and more favorable for me for whatever reason). Maybe I'm the inconsistent one here but I don't think so. Their behavior is much better though. They seem more aware of their surroundings. They don't turn in on you if you take the inside line. They also make the occasional unforced error and because of this they seem more human. I only had one WTF moment. I was exiting the pits in a practice session on cold tires into some traffic. So I was going slow and trying to stay off the racing line to let them by. The main pack passed by just fine but then a straggler came along and rear-ended me. I could have been on the racing line by then, not sure.

There is a minor bug with the wipers. Repro steps: Drive a practice session with the wipers on the low setting and leave them on at the end of the session. At the start of qualifying, while you're still in the garage, you'll hear the sound of the wipers running. Then when you exit the pits, turn on the wipers. Now they are on high speed. [Konan says this bug is known.]

The track limit penalties. Much has already been said and I'll not add a lot to it. Overall I didn't run afoul of the penalties too much. However there were a couple of very questionable cases. In one instance I ran wide at Murrays (the last corner at Snetterton) and dirt tracked through the grass for a good 50-100 meters. There's no way I gained time by doing that but I was still penalized. I don't have video but next time it happens I'll try to capture some.

Could someone take a look at the gearing in the Ginetta Junior? I'm going from memory but I think 1st gear is something like 3.0, 2nd is 1.5 and 3rd is 1.2. That seems like a long way from 1st to 2nd and the engine bogs down quite a bit.

Overall I'm pretty pleased. The AI still need some tuning and the track limit penalties aren't there yet but it's a big step forward.

ETA: I forgot to mention about rain. Before this patch, in some cases it was nearly impossible to make it all the way down a long straight that had a lot of water on it. Driving in the rain is much better now. It's not like you can just go full-tilt boogie through big puddles like they're not even there. You still feel them and you still have to be careful. They've found what I think is a good balance here.

ETA2: Also forgot to mention a bug. Before the start of a session there is a driver roster displayed. It's supposed to list the status of each car (racing, in pit, etc.) but the status is not shown. In PC1 I liked to use this to determine when to go out in qualifying. I generally like to go last so that I can put plenty of space between me and the car ahead without getting passed by the car behind me.

Gav88888
12-12-2017, 06:39
Correct. And no, or it would have been. That sort of defeats the purpose of it being online...

Is there going to be an offline mode to create custom championships, or even custom careers?

Gav88888
12-12-2017, 06:41
I hope you guys are aware that as soon as the lobby number exceeds 12 people on Xbox we have horrendous bugs. Is this going to be fixed? Otherwise championship mode is a bit dull isn't it?

I have been on a number of 16 car lobbies and they work fine, up to a point, it seems FFB bug goes haywire after a while in the race. Lower numbers in the lobby and the bug takes longer. For example, 1hr race the other night and almost everyone by the end of the race had bad wheel vibrations, but last night a 2hr race but with 11 players only a couple had vibration issues and that was about the 1hr 30 mark onwards, but the numerous short races like 15-20min or so its usually fine.

PotatoMasher81
12-12-2017, 13:44
Is there going to be an offline mode to create custom championships, or even custom careers?

that would be pretty sweet imho!

Konan
12-12-2017, 15:44
please remember that this thread is to discuss what is in the patch...not what's (according to you) missing...

EDIT: the "you" is meant in general...not pointing out anyone specific...

Schnizz58
12-12-2017, 15:56
Konan, do you happen to know whether the gearing issue I mentioned above is on anybody's list?

Could someone take a look at the gearing in the Ginetta Junior? I'm going from memory but I think 1st gear is something like 3.0, 2nd is 1.5 and 3rd is 1.2. That seems like a long way from 1st to 2nd and the engine bogs down quite a bit.

Konan
12-12-2017, 15:58
Konan, do you happen to know whether the gearing issue I mentioned above is on anybody's list?

Should be...no issue goes by unreported....

EDIT: but just in case i reported it (again)

Rockefelluh
13-12-2017, 22:12
I spent a good bit of the weekend (re)starting my career. My impressions so far.

No issues saving setups. I had several setups already created in the previous release. I loaded them and re-saved under a different name then deleted the original. From then on I saved to the existing slot. Had no problems that I was aware of. Saving setups has had issues since the beginning of PC1 so I'm very happy to see this working as it should. Well done SMS!

So you are telling me I can use the save existing setup option and me setup will be saved? :applause:

This isn't sarcasm. I seriously hope this is fixed, it's a bit like having a rock in your shoe you have to deal with.

Schnizz58
13-12-2017, 22:26
So you are telling me I can use the save existing setup option and me setup will be saved? :applause:

This isn't sarcasm. I seriously hope this is fixed, it's a bit like having a rock in your shoe you have to deal with.

I'm telling you that I haven't had any problem with it so far. Is that enough of a hedge, lol? However I was careful to replace all of my existing setups with new ones. You load the old one, save it to a new slot and then 86 the old one. After that you load the new one and you should be able to save to existing all you want.

Rockefelluh
14-12-2017, 00:00
I'm telling you that I haven't had any problem with it so far. Is that enough of a hedge, lol? However I was careful to replace all of my existing setups with new ones. You load the old one, save it to a new slot and then 86 the old one. After that you load the new one and you should be able to save to existing all you want.

Good to know. I didn't see this in the patch notes so I wasn't sure if it was addressed.

Jezza819
14-12-2017, 15:15

I did not do the delete existing setups thing since installing the patch and for the most part I haven't noticed any problems except for a car or two here or there. But since there is a problem with FFB on Fantec wheels after patch 3.0, I can't tell which problem could be causing those particular cars to feel so strange now. What would the symptoms be if it's a clash between the old setup with the new patch? Or just go ahead and try the resave then delete thing to see what it does?

Schnizz58
14-12-2017, 16:00
I did not do the delete existing setups thing since installing the patch and for the most part I haven't noticed any problems except for a car or two here or there. But since there is a problem with FFB on Fantec wheels after patch 3.0, I can't tell which problem could be causing those particular cars to feel so strange now. What would the symptoms be if it's a clash between the old setup with the new patch? Or just go ahead and try the resave then delete thing to see what it does?

Wouldn't hurt to try it. I don't know what you'd expect to see if there was a mismatch between the old setup format and the new one. All I know is that the devs said that the file format changed and to not try to save over an existing pre-patch 3 setup. Ian went so far as to tell everyone just to abandon all existing setups and start over but that doesn't seem to be necessary.

Also, I found that I can save a step in my previous instructions that you quoted.
1. Load the old setup.
2. Load setup again but this time instead of loading one, delete the old setup (it's still loaded).
3. Save to new slot under the same name as the old one.

Jezza819
14-12-2017, 19:52
Wouldn't hurt to try it. I don't know what you'd expect to see if there was a mismatch between the old setup format and the new one. All I know is that the devs said that the file format changed and to not try to save over an existing pre-patch 3 setup. Ian went so far as to tell everyone just to abandon all existing setups and start over but that doesn't seem to be necessary.

Also, I found that I can save a step in my previous instructions that you quoted.
1. Load the old setup.
2. Load setup again but this time instead of loading one, delete the old setup (it's still loaded).
3. Save to new slot under the same name as the old one.

Ok I'm going to give it a go tonight to see what happens. I do like your method better than just going in and blanking everything then trying to remember what each setup was. But just to be clear on the procedure, load old setup, save it to a new slot but change it's name, delete old setup from previous slot?

Because I think this is what you said earlier, "No issues saving setups. I had several setups already created in the previous release. I loaded them and re-saved under a different name then deleted the original. From then on I saved to the existing slot."

Schnizz58
14-12-2017, 20:00
Ok I'm going to give it a go tonight to see what happens. I do like your method better than just going in and blanking everything then trying to remember what each setup was. But just to be clear on the procedure, load old setup, save it to a new slot but change it's name, delete old setup from previous slot?

Yep, that worked for me as did the procedure in my last post. Sorry to confuse things with a different process but both worked and the second one is simpler because you can just save with the old name.

Jezza819
14-12-2017, 20:24
Yep, that worked for me as did the procedure in my last post. Sorry to confuse things with a different process but both worked and the second one is simpler because you can just save with the old name.

No worries as I'm only going to try it on the one car I know I'm having problems to see if it fixes it. If it doesn't I'll know it's related to the FFB issue and to wait for patch 4.0.

alegunner68
15-12-2017, 09:02
Is the slowdown/stuttering issue when ai pit acknowledged? It's really horrible at times (xbox1x).

OddTimer
15-12-2017, 11:41
Is the slowdown/stuttering issue when ai pit acknowledged? It's really horrible at times (xbox1x).

This! trying to do endurance in career and oh boy that is annoying. it the issue is caused by the game populating pit crews for several teams simultaneously, it would then be great to have an option like the pc to only see your own pit crew. It definitely needs investigation and a fix.

Rockefelluh
15-12-2017, 21:25
This! trying to do endurance in career and oh boy that is annoying. it the issue is caused by the game populating pit crews for several teams simultaneously, it would then be great to have an option like the pc to only see your own pit crew. It definitely needs investigation and a fix.

Does enhanced framerate mode fix this?

transfix
16-12-2017, 11:14
From the patch notes “Updates to various buttons to better indicate when a button is selected/highlighted.”

This needs to be applied to the setup saves menu,since it is tough to see what exactly is highlighted in the menus.

Juiced46
16-12-2017, 13:01
From the patch notes “Updates to various buttons to better indicate when a button is selected/highlighted.”

This needs to be applied to the setup saves menu,since it is tough to see what exactly is highlighted in the menus.

I agree with this. For me in the save menus, it is hard to see what setup is highlighted to save or load. I however, notice if I turn HDR OFF I can see it clearly. With HDR on its very hard to tell. I run a 4K HDR projector, I have tried every setting with zero luck. I am just not sure if its something within the game or not. I thought I was the only one with this issue....

OddTimer
16-12-2017, 14:21
Does enhanced framerate mode fix this?

I haven't tried it yet, but I remember seeing a comment from a user saying it happens on frame rate mode too.

Maskmagog
16-12-2017, 21:18
This might be reported, but Driver Roster and Team result tables at the end of races, are usually empty. Last noticed it on Super Trofeo career, Nürrburgring, but I've seen it before post patch 3.0, in Group A career.
Sometimes the Standings in Race Central are blank too. A restart of PC2 sometimes solves it.

ian2726
16-12-2017, 21:49
Try storm at Texas motor speedway see if you lose rain sounds on the infield section. It comes back one you go back to oval section.

Just Another Frog
17-12-2017, 19:37
I've been asked to pass this on:

(XB1) Manufacturer challenges aren't allowing progression past proving grounds. You can progress the first one (in his instance it was Ginetta) but no more after that. Works ok on X1X.

(XB1) A huge chunk of the Tier 1 events aren't acknowledging the fact that you've completed and won them. If you require something a little more specific I can ask.

EDIT: It seems that events in multiple tiers are now failing to allow completion. Do you think that deleting the save file and/or reinstall the game would help because he's now unable to correctly play huge chunks of the game and I kind of feel a bit guilty for recommending he bought it.

EDIT (2): Not exactly sure why this is but since installing the new DLC his manufacturer challenges are working again so that's a bonus.

transfix
18-12-2017, 02:26
I agree with this. For me in the save menus, it is hard to see what setup is highlighted to save or load. I however, notice if I turn HDR OFF I can see it clearly. With HDR on its very hard to tell. I run a 4K HDR projector, I have tried every setting with zero luck. I am just not sure if its something within the game or not. I thought I was the only one with this issue....
I haven’t tried without HDR. Hopefully the devs catch this feedback.

ChattyBeast
18-12-2017, 21:36
I really like the bug fixes and all that kind of stuff, but I am having a lot of issues with tyres overheating, making a lot of smoke etc. due to the patch. No matter what I do to the setup the tyres always overheat and after a few laps they become pretty useless, and I have noticed this with all soft tyres on GT3/4 cars and the slicks on the Group A cars; these are the only cars I have driven before and after the patch. Before the patch, I could easily make the tyres overheat or be too cold at my will, but now I can't do anything to stop the overheating. Is this an issue that others have noticed or is it just me?

Schnizz58
18-12-2017, 22:23
What compound and what track conditions? If you're using softs, they are for cooler track conditions. If it's higher than about 20°C then you need to use hards. As for the smoking, that's a graphical bug and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

ChattyBeast
19-12-2017, 06:09
What compound and what track conditions? If you're using softs, they are for cooler track conditions. If it's higher than about 20°C then you need to use hards. As for the smoking, that's a graphical bug and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

I was at Fuji, winter at 5pm on softs and I was using the only slick compound at Bathurst, Autumn. Tyres seem to overheat a lot faster, I don't think the sole slick tyres are supposed to be overheating in Autumn where I was perfectly fine before the patch. Thanks anyway for letting me know, but something has been definitely changed with the heating of tyres in this patch.

Tonylance
21-12-2017, 01:40
Can anyone tell why the AI gets disqualified - I start with 31 AI's by the time the race is over theirs only 3, the rest have been disqualified. I've tried turning off all penalties & flags, still happens

SRL DIGGER
27-12-2017, 05:11
sorry to say but since the last update every car i try on every track i try all the assist shut off in game settings and i have to jump back to pit and go to options game settings and turn everything back on.
only prob is that 5 seconds after you leave the pits again the assist are all shut down again so ya have to go back to the pits again and go to the settings again.
but you will never get a lap in and when the race starts ....... your S.O.L. ...
any help..???????????:(

RobPhoboS
02-01-2018, 15:24
sorry to say but since the last update every car i try on every track i try all the assist shut off in game settings and i have to jump back to pit and go to options game settings and turn everything back on.
only prob is that 5 seconds after you leave the pits again the assist are all shut down again so ya have to go back to the pits again and go to the settings again.
but you will never get a lap in and when the race starts ....... your S.O.L. ...
any help..???????????:(

With multiplayer right ?

I get that happening too, and not just those settings.
From what I can understand is that whatever the last server you were playing on, for some reason the hosts settings get applied to your own.
But having a button box/keyboard you can just hit that and you're set.

chappers2711
13-01-2018, 18:18
Any news on P4?

Konan
13-01-2018, 18:29
Any news on P4?

Same as always...SMSoon...

DjVinnyy69
25-01-2018, 02:25
Since patch I have noticed when taking photos the filters no longer work, wether I use wheel or controller to select them??

rich1e I
29-01-2018, 21:53
Sorry if this has been mentioned many times before but I'm not sure if the game shows the assists available on the HUD when in gameplay settings 'driving assists' is set to 'authentic'.

sidy
06-02-2018, 13:52
Yes, it shows.

STaLLiOnO
06-02-2018, 14:00
Patch!! Countdown to the next patch?

Konan
06-02-2018, 14:08
Patch!! Countdown to the next patch?

Countdown started at release of patch 3...:p

Just Another Frog
08-02-2018, 03:43
(X1X) Has anyone had any problems with cars skipping gears when downshifting with an XB1 controller? Up until Monday i'd never encountered anything like this but it's doing it all the time now regardless of the car i'm driving or the controller i'm using (I have 2) and it's starting to get a little frustrating. It only seems to happen on 2nd gear and when it occurs the rev counter just redlines (like it's stuck in neutral) for no apparent reason and then auto downshifts - generally into 1st and occasionally into neutral or reverse. I'm using default stable setups with minor traction control/suspension tweaks and a manual gearbox w/o clutch. Both damage related settings are 'off'.

A couple of things with the Ginetta GT5 have also cropped up. Firstly, if I select 'storm' as my default weather (custom race) there's no rain on the windscreen and secondly, my cockpit view steering wheel has stopped moving. One thing i have learned though; it's more difficult than you realise when you don't have onscreen wheel rotation as a reference :hypnotysed:

STaLLiOnO
08-02-2018, 12:04
Countdown started at release of patch 3...:p

How big is this upcoming patch?

Bealdor
08-02-2018, 12:21
How big is this upcoming patch?

I already told ya... (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53664-Known-Issue-Random-white-flashes-in-oculus-vr&p=1470985&viewfull=1#post1470985)

:p

STaLLiOnO
08-02-2018, 12:32
I already told ya... (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53664-Known-Issue-Random-white-flashes-in-oculus-vr&p=1470985&viewfull=1#post1470985)

:p

Very soon i take it?

z3r0cool77
08-02-2018, 12:42
(X1X) Has anyone had any problems with cars skipping gears when downshifting with an XB1 controller? Up until Monday i'd never encountered anything like this but it's doing it all the time now regardless of the car i'm driving or the controller i'm using (I have 2) and it's starting to get a little frustrating. It only seems to happen on 2nd gear and when it occurs the rev counter just redlines (like it's stuck in neutral) for no apparent reason and then auto downshifts - generally into 1st and occasionally into neutral or reverse. I'm using default stable setups with minor traction control/suspension tweaks and a manual gearbox w/o clutch. Both damage related settings are 'off'.

A couple of things with the Ginetta GT5 have also cropped up. Firstly, if I select 'storm' as my default weather (custom race) there's no rain on the windscreen and secondly, my cockpit view steering wheel has stopped moving. One thing i have learned though; it's more difficult than you realise when you don't have onscreen wheel rotation as a reference :hypnotysed:

Both of those seem really abnormal. You should start with a reinstall.

Just Another Frog
09-02-2018, 11:32
I finished the reinstall yesterday and the GT5 issues have indeed gone away (thanks) but the gearbox problem hasn't.

To better describe things: When approaching a corner I'm quickly downshifting (after braking) from 6th or 5th to 3rd and then into 2nd after the rev protection system allows me to do so. That bit is fine.
But as soon as I start to drive through the corner (either feathering or squeezing the throttle - it doesn't matter which), even though i'm nowhere near fast enough for it to happen, the car redlines and subsequently shifts into 1st, neutral or on the very rare occasion reverse gear. Once I've returned to 2nd gear, aside from acceleration being a little slow due to my loss of speed, everything is normal again.

I know it might well no be the correct way to do things (I don't drive irl so I really don't know) but it is a style I feel comfortable with and up until a few days ago a style that has always served me pretty well.