PDA

View Full Version : (RESOLVED) XboxoneX & Fanatec disconnects (NOT GAME RELATED)

inthebagbud
28-11-2017, 17:48
I have downloaded the demo and are experiencing wheel disconnects all the time. I can start any of the races and will throughout the race experience disconnects of the wheel . The wheel will forget its connected to an xbox and go into pc mode. I then put it in xbox mode and it will continue.

The disconnects are not at any certain point in race or track and can be experienced 1 a lap or I could have multiple disconnects in very quick succession - very random.

I have changed the usb hub that I had connected but this has not solved the issue.

I have opened support with Fanatec but wondered if anybody else had this issue

I have never experienced this in Pcars 1

inthebagbud
30-11-2017, 04:51
UPDATE

Spent time racing with the wheel plugged direct to console instead of through hub managed about an hour before disconnects started :(

Jezza819
30-11-2017, 12:51
I would get that occasionally but I don't think it's happened yet with the Xbox 1 X. When it did happen it would only happen once a night and not multiple times per session.

The only strange thing that has happened since I got the X was I've had to change my start up procedure. I no longer can use the wheel to start the console. If I do that no buttons on the wheel work. I can shut off the wheel and restart it and the buttons work again. To avoid this I have first manually start the console and then start the wheel and everything works normally.

inthebagbud
05-12-2017, 17:56
UPDATE

The issue was not game related but a loose allen screw

The advice from Fanatec was to check the following and I found one loose allen screw

Pleasealso check the x5 allen keys of your base hub and the x4 of both of your rims´QR

Benkid
08-12-2017, 22:38
UPDATE

The issue was not game related but a loose allen screw

The advice from Fanatec was to check the following and I found one loose allen screw

Pleasealso check the x5 allen keys of your base hub and the x4 of both of your rims´QR

Yea I've been having to do this regularly since FM6. Not what you expect from a £700 wheel base. Any solution to a permanent fix?

alegunner68
08-12-2017, 22:46
If they're coming loose regularly just put a small drop of threadlock on ( the blue stuff )

inthebagbud
10-12-2017, 06:31
Yea I've been having to do this regularly since FM6. Not what you expect from a £700 wheel base. Any solution to a permanent fix?

to be honest it is first time in the 2 years I gave had the Base and it does get some hammer

If they're coming loose regularly just put a small drop of threadlock on ( the blue stuff )

also maybe fanatec will send some spares out to you