PDA

View Full Version : PCARS2 Shared Memory changes with patch v1.3

cjorgens79
29-11-2017, 10:56
I've been told by some my users that since the patch that they are now getting warnings from my app about the shared memory version no longer matching the expected version. So it seems that the shared memory protocol has been changed, however there is nowhere where this has been published that i can find. Could we please get a thread created in this forum section for the PCARS2 Shared Memory protocol which has the latest info, and also one for the UDP protocol since the dev portal threads have all been changed to read only.

mr_belowski
29-11-2017, 12:40
Yes, a few bits and bobs have been added to the end of the layout -

float mBrakeBias; // [ RANGE = 0.0f->1.0f... ] [ UNSET = -1.0f ]
float mTurboBoostPressure; // RANGE = 0.0f->1.0f... ] [ UNSET = -1.0f ] - this seems to be some random nonsense value
char mLFTyreCompound[40]; // [ string ]
char mRFTyreCompound[40]; // [ string ]
char mLRTyreCompound[40]; // [ string ]
char mRRTyreCompound[40]; // [ string ]
unsigned int mPitSchedules[STORED_PARTICIPANTS_MAX]; // [ enum (Type#7) Pit Mode ]
unsigned int mHighestFlagColours[STORED_PARTICIPANTS_MAX]; // [ enum (Type#5) Flag Colour ]
unsigned int mHighestFlagReasons[STORED_PARTICIPANTS_MAX]; // [ enum (Type#6) Flag Reason ]
unsigned int mNationalities[STORED_PARTICIPANTS_MAX]; // [ nationality table , SP AND UNSET = 0 ]
float mSnowDensity; // [ UNITS = How much snow will fall ] [ RANGE = 0.0f->1.0f ], this will be non zero only in Snow season, in other seasons whatever is falling from the sky is reported as rain

There were some UDP changes too

cjorgens79
29-11-2017, 13:15
Yes, a few bits and bobs have been added to the end of the layout -

float mBrakeBias; // [ RANGE = 0.0f->1.0f... ] [ UNSET = -1.0f ]
float mTurboBoostPressure; // RANGE = 0.0f->1.0f... ] [ UNSET = -1.0f ] - this seems to be some random nonsense value
char mLFTyreCompound[40]; // [ string ]
char mRFTyreCompound[40]; // [ string ]
char mLRTyreCompound[40]; // [ string ]
char mRRTyreCompound[40]; // [ string ]
unsigned int mPitSchedules[STORED_PARTICIPANTS_MAX]; // [ enum (Type#7) Pit Mode ]
unsigned int mHighestFlagColours[STORED_PARTICIPANTS_MAX]; // [ enum (Type#5) Flag Colour ]
unsigned int mHighestFlagReasons[STORED_PARTICIPANTS_MAX]; // [ enum (Type#6) Flag Reason ]
unsigned int mNationalities[STORED_PARTICIPANTS_MAX]; // [ nationality table , SP AND UNSET = 0 ]
float mSnowDensity; // [ UNITS = How much snow will fall ] [ RANGE = 0.0f->1.0f ], this will be non zero only in Snow season, in other seasons whatever is falling from the sky is reported as rain

There were some UDP changes too

thanks, is there a thread somewhere where these changes are being documented? What are the UDP changes?

mr_belowski
29-11-2017, 13:25
sent you a PM

SenorPez
29-11-2017, 15:20
sent you a PM

Could you send me the UDP changes, too? I've not been developing as actively lately, in part because the PS4 feeds lack a lot of what I need (and I'm hoping it's fixed in the next patch) and in part because I've been job hunting (ironically, less development time when unemployed, since I don't have travel and downtime to fill), but I should get the data structures updated for when I do have time to resume.

Thanks!