PDA

View Full Version : A whole Lobby crashed, -25 points ALL.

tipostrano
29-11-2017, 11:55
A whole Lobby crashed, -25 points ALL.
Please SMS. I put all my trust in the new patch for finally enjoy online racing and license.
The patch is wonderful. But, but..
These things do NOT have to happen anymore.

Roger Prynne
29-11-2017, 12:12
So it's SMS's fault that the lobby crashed?
If you can provide more information that would help.

tipostrano
29-11-2017, 12:23
Roger, i really didn't know who fault is.
It was a classic game lobby, 20 people, in race ( i was first ) at the 2nd lap, black screen, PC2 logo, and back to lobby, full of people ranting about the crash and about losing huge points.
These things can happen, yes, no software is perfect.

i complain and I think rightly about the huge and free loss of points to all the participants. This is the thing that should not go anymore.

Mad Al
29-11-2017, 12:54
was it a dedicated server or P2P

tipostrano
29-11-2017, 13:09
classic P2P, for now i avoid servers, to much crashes i saw.

snakehands
29-11-2017, 20:06
A whole Lobby crashed, -25 points ALL.
Please SMS. I put all my trust in the new patch for finally enjoy online racing and license.
The patch is wonderful. But, but..
These things do NOT have to happen anymore.

Oh come ON!

tipostrano
29-11-2017, 20:58
Snakehands. Again ( for the "n" time ). Please if u are not interested about a thread, please don't write.

snakehands
29-11-2017, 21:13
Snakehands. Again ( for the "n" time ). Please if u are not interested about a thread, please don't write.

I'm interested in a discussion about how SMS can fix the internet. Have you got any advice for them?

beatrunner
29-11-2017, 21:20
it happened to me too. but good news is: the new system is much more "rewarding" then before. so do more races, win more, gain more points, it's easier now (at least what i see).

tipostrano
29-11-2017, 21:54
I'm interested in a discussion about how SMS can fix the internet. Have you got any advice for them?

Yes. Keep off people like u

tipostrano
29-11-2017, 22:00
it happened to me too. but good news is: the new system is much more "rewarding" then before. so do more races, win more, gain more points, it's easier now (at least what i see).

It's both easer and harder. Now u gain a lot of points, but u can loose a lot too. I gained 7 points in a race for winning, lost 14 for 8th place.

snakehands
02-12-2017, 10:33
It's both easer and harder. Now u gain a lot of points, but u can loose a lot too. I gained 7 points in a race for winning, lost 14 for 8th place.

You don't get points for the position you finish in, you get them (or lose them) for where you finish against where the ELO system predicted you'd finish based on the skill rating of the other racers.

tipostrano
02-12-2017, 11:37
Of course. What i saying is the K factor is bigger now. so u can gain or lose a lot of points now. Seems to be better now. ( Apart from disconnects, of course )