PDA

View Full Version : patch 3.0 setup saving changes, what is console procedure??

SGETI
29-11-2017, 15:00
Attention: Car Setup Saving after Patch 3.0

FYI, significant changes to the car setup system have been made in patch 3.0.

This means, that the SAVE OVER EXISTING SETUP feature only works with newly created car setups!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
Don't be mind boggled. Incompatible pre patch saves with different attributes shouldn't allow tweaks. We've made multiple changes to setups and restrictions.

Non bummer...
Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
Delete old setups, create new ones. We for example have removed things like diffs from karts. The old setup files are incompatible.

To make sure that everything is working as intended, please delete your pre-patch setups and create new ones.
Set-ups location on PC: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\YOUR ID\project cars 2\tuningsetups

As the title says. I understand on PC you can change files, however on console's we do not have the option to delete files.

Will we loose all our tunes?
Can we still make changes to existing tunes?
Can we save our tunes to the cloud and then re install?
Should I start to write down all my tunes?

Hopefully a work around will be published.

Look forward to the update and many more hours enjoying this game.

diesel97
29-11-2017, 15:17
As the title says. I understand on PC you can change files, however on console's we do not have the option to delete files.

Will we loose all our tunes?
Can we still make changes to existing tunes?
Can we save our tunes to the cloud and then re install?
Should I start to write down all my tunes?

Hopefully a work around will be published.

Look forward to the update and many more hours enjoying this game.

I am going to delete my tunes with the new patch, next to each tune there is a garbage can, some of the tire models have changed, diff specs have changed on some cars also so the tunes might not work that well anyways.

Thinking I might delete the whole game including save files for a fresh install

Shogun613
30-11-2017, 10:08
I think there may be setup files in the game save data in system storage. That may be worth a look too.

Ekay.jay
30-11-2017, 12:17
I’m on pc and I used some of of my old tunes after the patch, I didn’t have any problems.

Mc0029
30-11-2017, 13:50
I think there may be setup files in the game save data in system storage. That may be worth a look too.

That is where I would do it. You will also find every ghost you ever loaded waiting to be deleted.