PDA

View Full Version : Question about new patch.

ant1897
29-11-2017, 17:00
Since I'm on PS4, and don't have access to the new patch, could anyone confirm the following bugs have been adressed? It's not clear in the PC patch notes.

- Weather sync between drivers.
- Give back position bug when passing a driver who is outside of track limits.
- SUGO time warp in the last few corners when hitting the rumble strips.

Thanks guys!

Schnizz58
29-11-2017, 17:09
- Weather sync between drivers.
If I understand this one correctly I don't think it's been addressed yet. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58036-2-Bugs&p=1433990#post1433990

The other two, I don't know about. Maybe the release notes will provide some information for you?

Benja190782
29-11-2017, 17:10
I also have a question: will the controller setup be overwriten when the new patch is installed? I mean so we all get the new and better controller setup like in the demo?

Or do we have to adjust our self from the demo?

ant1897
29-11-2017, 17:14
If I understand this one correctly I don't think it's been addressed yet. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58036-2-Bugs&p=1433990#post1433990

The other two, I don't know about. Maybe the release notes will provide some information for you?

Yeah its not clear in the release notes i read through all of it.

I guess the weather sync issue is still present. What a shame. PC2 boasts the best weather in any sim, aaaaaaaaand we cant even use it for league racing. We've had to change all wet weather out of our season due to this.

Brado23
29-11-2017, 23:25
I can't say if it's fixed or not, but these two were in the release notes for PC. I don't know if they relate to what you are talking about?....

Fix for an issue where, in certain cases, LiveTrack conditions could be carried over from one game type to another.
Improved the synchronisation of clouds and rainfall, and the effects on cars.

EDIT: Looks like the bug is still there. Just saw this post.... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58036-Multiplayer-weather-sync-issues

Konan
29-11-2017, 23:31
Give back position bug when passing a driver who is outside of track limits

Are you sure this is a bug?
The only time i had to give back the position was when i MADE the other driver leave the track and pass him...

Purg
29-11-2017, 23:34
The only time i had to give back the position was when i MADE the other driver leave the track and pass him...

I've had to give back a position for someone who spun off in front of me but I didn't come close to touching. I actually had to stop the car and wait for him to return to the track.

Konan
29-11-2017, 23:37
I've had to give back a position for someone who spun off in front of me but I didn't come close to touching. I actually had to stop the car and wait for him to return to the track.

Ok...i stand corrected...:cool:

satco1066
29-11-2017, 23:38
Yeah its not clear in the release notes i read through all of it.

I guess the weather sync issue is still present. What a shame. PC2 boasts the best weather in any sim, aaaaaaaaand we cant even use it for league racing. We've had to change all wet weather out of our season due to this.

if you just guess and don't really know, the shame is on you. Just for guessing you should not blame it.

Schnizz58
29-11-2017, 23:40
if you just guess and don't really know, the shame is on you. Just for guessing you should not blame it.
I think maybe you took his words a bit too literally. It's already been established that the weather sync issue is still there.

satco1066
29-11-2017, 23:49
I think maybe you took his words a bit too literally. It's already been established that the weather sync issue is still there.

I guess it wasn't when he guessed ;)

Brado23
29-11-2017, 23:53
Hopefully this is deemed critical enough to the powers that be to warrant a short term hotfix, as it is extremely critical to multiplayer racers that want to use weather for sure.

Schnizz58
29-11-2017, 23:53
I guess it wasn't when he guessed ;)

You guessed wrongly. See post #2.

Exoil
30-11-2017, 00:31
Are you sure this is a bug?

I saw this a lot when racing online. Two guys fighting for position and both spin out, I would pass them and then have to give the positions back.

Sleepingawakerza
30-11-2017, 03:13
I've won 2 races but my points didn't change after the patch.

Sessionerror
30-11-2017, 07:49
Ok...i stand corrected...:cool:

You can have a look at this situation, Konan ;) You can clearly see that I have to give back a position because someone spun in front of me and I avoided a crash by going off track:

https://youtu.be/U-WfVfQ9rEQ?t=1h56m20s

Konan
30-11-2017, 07:54
You can have a look at this situation, Konan ;) You can clearly see that I have to give back a position because someone spun in front of me and I avoided a crash by going off track:

Hmmm...indeed...haven't encountered that myself (yet)...

*bows head*
*mumbles something*
*closes door behind him*

:cool:

ant1897
30-11-2017, 14:02

Thats also a bug, but unrelated. In your video your the one who went off.

Im talking about driving a second behind the driver in front, the driver in front goes off on his own, i pass, and the prompt comes up to give the position back.

We've resorted to running league races with no rules and regulations, and penalties off. Less than ideal as officials have to review replays to make sure track limits are respected.

@Konan if this hasnt been reported, I think it should as its a pretty major bug. It will definitely ruin someones race.

I mean we can deal with most of the bugs, but the give back position bug and the weather sync issue is major IMO. We're having to turn off two integral features of the game (rules and weather), just to make sure nobody's race gets ruined.

Sessionerror
30-11-2017, 14:05

Im talking about driving a second behind the driver in front, the driver in front goes off on his own, i pass, and the prompt comes up to give the position back.

Ah okay, I misunderstood that. Never had that one, to be honest. Do you have a video?

ant1897
30-11-2017, 14:08
Ah okay, I misunderstood that. Never had that one, to be honest. Do you have a video?

Wish i had saved the footage. Its happened to me a few times, and a few other drivers. So ever since then we just turn everything off. I'm hoping the patch comes soon for PS4 so I can test this again and see if we still have an issue.

cpcdem
30-11-2017, 16:31
Hmmm...indeed...haven't encountered that myself (yet)...

*bows head*
*mumbles something*
*closes door behind him*

:cool:

Has happened a lot of times to me and is very annoying. My suggestion would be to add a check in the code, if the opponent's speed at the time of "illegal" overtake is less than some threshold (30-40 km/h ?), then a penalty should not be given. I won't say that it sounds easy to implement, although it does :)

Exoil
30-11-2017, 17:21

We've resorted to running league races with no rules and regulations, and penalties off. Less than ideal as officials have to review replays to make sure track limits are respected.

@Konan if this hasnt been reported, I think it should as its a pretty major bug. It will definitely ruin someones race.

I mean we can deal with most of the bugs, but the give back position bug and the weather sync issue is major IMO. We're having to turn off two integral features of the game (rules and weather), just to make sure nobody's race gets ruined.

I haven't got the game installed right now and I never checked up on it, but does the game have a penalty for overtaking during yellow flag? Could the car spinning of the track sometimes count as you overtaking during a yellow and therefore have to give the position back?

seb02
30-11-2017, 18:06
Hello,

Online championship has appeared with the new update. But from what I've read, it's not possible to include AI. I said that I can not test because I'm on PS4. Will this possibility be added in the next update? Adding AI could allow solo players to create their own championships. There is such a quality of cars and circuits that I would very much like to create a GTO championship, a V8 supercars championship, a Nascar championship...; I think it would be a real added value to the game.
Ian, if you read this post, I will appreciate very much that you bring me an answer.
Project cars 2 has the best current content and for that I congratulate SMS. For the future, I would like that touring car are more present: V8 supercars, Brazilian Stockcar, TCR ....
Sorry for my bad english...

Sentry87
30-11-2017, 18:08
Hello,

Online championship has appeared with the new update. But from what I've read, it's not possible to include AI. I said that I can not test because I'm on PS4. Will this possibility be added in the next update? Adding AI could allow solo players to create their own championships. There is such a quality of cars and circuits that I would very much like to create a GTO championship, a V8 supercars championship, a Nascar championship...; I think it would be a real added value to the game.
Ian, if you read this post, I will appreciate very much that you bring me an answer.
Project cars 2 has the best current content and for that I congratulate SMS. For the future, I would like that touring car are more present: V8 supercars, Brazilian Stockcar, TCR ....
Sorry for my bad english...

Only problem is that on console even if we can fill all with a.i. There's still a 16 car grid limit. Which would be useless to me.

Kriig
01-12-2017, 08:42

If this was online: Could this relate to ping from you, the other player or both combined? I mean if the game register a hit, but you don't see it.

IDK how this works in this game, but i know that this has been an issue in games like War Thunder, were you shoot at something that you see, but the player is actually just a little bit ahead of that,
so the game don't register it as a hit.

IDK if this is how it works here though. Probably not. Just thinking out loud.

Invincible
01-12-2017, 09:14
I know it happened before the patch that, when a car spun off track and you overtook it even if you stayed ON track, you had to wait for said car to let them pass you again to avoid a penalty. Which is a bit annoying, but nothing major as long as they (or any other car) overtake you in time.
Problem is, this can also occur when the other car gets wrecked for whatever reason and there is no other car near enough to overtake you in time. Then you are doomed.

I have yet to confirm this also happening AFTER the patch.

Ofnir4
01-12-2017, 13:36
That would be nice, can't tell you the number of times I was penalized for "optimistic track limit" use in the last turn at Silverstone while someone was in the pits (which somehow counts as being on the track)

seb02
02-12-2017, 10:52
Only problem is that on console even if we can fill all with a.i. There's still a 16 car grid limit. Which would be useless to me.

I do not agree with you. Adding AIs in the Online championship mode would create NAscar, V8 supercars, GT1 ... championships for offline players. 16 cars on the track would be enough for me given the limit of the consoles.

Sentry87
02-12-2017, 17:18
I do not agree with you. Adding AIs in the Online championship mode would create NAscar, V8 supercars, GT1 ... championships for offline players. 16 cars on the track would be enough for me given the limit of the consoles.

We'll that's great for you, hope it becomes a possibility. However what I'm hoping for a 16 car human limit BUT if we choose to completely fill grid with a.i. maybe extend that to 31 or whatever pit boxes are available. Probably not possible, especially considering having an offline custom championship would've been easier.

But we'll see, kind of weird we're not seeing much feedback from pc users on custom online championship yet.

MaXyM
02-12-2017, 19:26
I bet if there are technical limits (computing power or/and network bandwidth) it doesn't matter additional cars are AI or humans. In both cases those limits will be exceeded.