PDA

View Full Version : Where are we supposed to join the track at Texas oval?

snipeme77
30-11-2017, 00:43
It's a pretty basic question but I can't find where we're supposed to join the track at Texas still on 2.0 as am on Xbox One.
If you stay on the apron you get a penalty
if you join where the AIs join you get a penalty
if you join where that dotted line is out of turn 2 you still get a penalty... so where we supposed to go

snipeme77
02-12-2017, 17:52
Still waiting on a answer guys, I keep getting DQ'ed from any oval race I do in texas...

Just Another Frog
02-12-2017, 22:40
As you leave the pits before the white apron line starts.

PeteMason
02-12-2017, 22:45
You cant do it. I have tried all possible exits and you get penalized.
I exit the pit lane turn sharp right after the cones but don't hit the grass then join the track and that seems to work. Not sure if it will be fixed as its been like that for ages.

snipeme77
02-12-2017, 22:51
As you leave the pits before the white apron line starts.

So they want us to join the track straight from the pit lane? That's stupid as heck...

Just Another Frog
02-12-2017, 23:33
You cant do it. I have tried all possible exits and you get penalized.
I exit the pit lane turn sharp right after the cones but don't hit the grass then join the track and that seems to work. Not sure if it will be fixed as its been like that for ages.

Are we discussing the same oval here because I don't recall cones or grass on the exit of the Texas oval? It's been a while so maybe i'm thinking of another circuit.

snipeme77
03-12-2017, 00:07
You come out of the pitlane and there's a line on the right hand side of the apron. If you follow it along, it comes to a dotted line just at the exit of turn two.

The AI merge in the middle of turn 2, Player gets penalty

If you wait till the dotted line, you'll be going slower out onto the back straight, and you'll still have a penalty.

If you go past the dotted line and attempt to merge, you'll get a penalty for staying on the apron.

About the only thing I haven't tried is coming straight up onto the track surface, which is absolutely stupid and dangerous .

snipeme77
03-12-2017, 00:09
Are we discussing the same oval here because I don't recall cones or grass on the exit of the Texas oval? It's been a while so maybe i'm thinking of another circuit.

I think he's talking about Daytona or Indy...

DECATUR PLAYA
03-12-2017, 00:31
I just turn pit exit penalties off. I think it's broken. I think the new patch addresses some pit exit penalty situations. Could be wrong. It's a workaround but just turn the penalty off till the problem is fixed.

bradleyland
03-12-2017, 02:48
I have a hard time getting out of the pits cleanly at Texas as well. Sometimes I'm able to pull it off, but sometimes I get a penalty.

As you exit the pits, there is a dotted line immediately to the right. You have to shoot that.