PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Pitstop in Multiplayer

Pink_650S
30-11-2017, 17:50
So l joined this 7-lapper on Monza, where only D+ Ranked players were allowed to join. Had a blast until l got DQ'd entering the last lap.
I hadnt served my mandatory pitstop, which was neither stated in the pre-race screen, nor did my engineer tell me this at any point during the race.

You know, SMS, you are making it difficult for players to fully love and enjoy your game. Its because of unnecessary convoluted things like this that so many leave in frustration.

Everytime l want to play your, in my eyes great game, it takes a few minutes to set up my wheel and stand, since l dont have much space. But many times, within a few minutes of playing, l'm being let down with.

This is very saddening, as l WANT to play and love your game.

LeMansIndy500
30-11-2017, 18:20
So l joined this 7-lapper on Monza, where only D+ Ranked players were allowed to join. Had a blast until l got DQ'd entering the last lap.
I hadnt served my mandatory pitstop, which was neither stated in the pre-race screen, nor did my engineer tell me this at any point during the race.

You know, SMS, you are making it difficult for players to fully love and enjoy your game. Its because of unnecessary convoluted things like this that so many leave in frustration.

Everytime l want to play your, in my eyes great game, it takes a few minutes to set up my wheel and stand, since l dont have much space. But many times, within a few minutes of playing, l'm being let down with.

Not the same issue as you but I came across a bug in multiplayer where I made up a number of places at the Circuit de Catalunya GP and came in to serve my mandatory pit stop. I requested it through the in race strategy menu but when I came in my pit crew were no where to be seen. I had to drive straight through as I didn't know where my pit box was. I figured it was because I was right on somebody else's bumper when driving through the pits and the game only recognised 1 car coming in instead of 2. So I tried again next lap but the same thing happened. Unfortunately it ruined any chances of a decent finish.

diesel97
30-11-2017, 18:51

Does the engineer ever work online? I don't remember ever hearing a thing out of him.

TexasTyme214
30-11-2017, 21:00
In PCars 1 we'd get a reminder every time we entered sector 3 that a mandatory stop was required. I wish had that back. Perhaps the engineer can inform us at the beginning of the race.

Pink_650S
01-12-2017, 14:16
In PCars 1 we'd get a reminder every time we entered sector 3 that a mandatory stop was required. I wish had that back. Perhaps the engineer can inform us at the beginning of the race.

This sounds good. Even a little text reminder would solve this. But not nothing. :(

MrSniperPhil
01-12-2017, 14:34
On PC, the Engineer does indeed say that in the second to last lap.
Something along the lines of "Come in for a pit stop or you will be disqualified" and the "Pit IN" Sign on the right pops up.

(No Idea about PS4, as I do not own PC2 for PS4)

no_snacks
02-12-2017, 04:38
On PC, the Engineer does indeed say that in the second to last lap.
Something along the lines of "Come in for a pit stop or you will be disqualified" and the "Pit IN" Sign on the right pops up.

(No Idea about PS4, as I do not own PC2 for PS4)

The Race Engineer says that on PS4 too. Isn't there an issue where you can't hear the Engineer if you're wearing a headset though. On PS4, his voice comes through the controller speaker, not the headset.
Not sure if there's a workaround for it or not, but that might be why some people are not getting/hearing the verbal warning. They should be getting the pit-board on the side of the screen though.

IsaacAsimov2670
02-12-2017, 17:14
I never get this, on PS4 & everytime I get a verbal & pit sign, using headset connected to my controller..

Daz555
04-12-2017, 09:13
I think it is bugged because sometimes you get a verbal notification and also a pit sign and sometimes you don't.

Rodgerzzz
04-12-2017, 12:43
I've also never heard the engineer say anything about pit stops and he works fine the rest of the time. You occasionally get the slowdown for pit lane entry notification pop up in the middle of the screen when you're in the vicinity of the pit lane but never anything that specifically mentions mandatory pitstops.

Cladandadum
04-12-2017, 12:53

Hopefully this will be addressed in patch 3 for consoles?

Tose
10-12-2017, 16:54
Im not allowed to make a pitstop when i decide. I give singnal, engineer tell me, ok go in. But nobody waits for me! So a go through pits just for fun and in penultimate lap i will get message go in pitstop or you will be disqualified. So i go in, but nobodys here neither, at the end of pits i get DQ and lost huge amount of licence points. It happend to me several times, fix it pls !!!

V3nom
10-12-2017, 17:38
Yep this happened to me also yesterday. I was racing on that strange monza classic with the oval combined track. 45 minutes race, put in maximum fuel but 10 minutes before the end I had to refuel. I did set up my pit stops before the race and on the "ready" screen I checked it again.
First I went in the pits without activating it in the ICM. My car just drove through and right out again without stopping. I immediately turn it on in the ICM then I turn around and drive back to the pits. Just made it in the last second because of the Wrong Way warning. Same problem, car just drives through.
I then tried it a third time but no chance. And I didn't have fuel for another lap.

You can understand that it is a nice feeling to do a 30 min qualifying, then race for 35 minutes, position yourself on position 3 and then you have to get disqualified for running out of fuel. :)
I had to put the game away for at least 24 hours. From that incident on I will never play a race where the race is so long that my fuel is not enough to finish the race.
And seriously the server page on PS4 that shows you the lobbies is messed up badly. It shows max 10 races that makes sense to join, even if you refresh like a madman.
The god damn "remaining" column is almost useless.
You can't join games that still have 3 minutes or less of qualifying.
More than half of the lobbies it shows me have allready started. Yeah thanks alot for the feature, I bought the game to watch others play not play myself. Why on earth would I watch on youtube or twitch?
And the best part, you do a 20 min qualifying and are stoked to get to the race. But guess what, who gives a damn if the host is afk? Well you are out of luck, because you can quit the race and try again.
Yep, that's about it. BUT and this is a big BUT, the game is bloody incredible when it does work!(it's a 50/50 chance of success online)

beatrunner
10-12-2017, 17:57
i'd like to add the following information for the devs to look in (have done hundres of MP races with pitstop):

- i always decide to have enough fuel at start
- so my pitstrategie involves usually: doing nothing
- besides the crew having nothing to do (no repairs, no fuel, no tires) my pitstop takes about 6 secondes

can it be that there's a bug when player makes a "nothing stragey"? i'm asking because i more then once entered the pits as P1, just to leave it as p4. i asked the "faster pitters" how they do that. they told me, they only added a few l fuel nothing else. so how is it possible for them to leave after seconds and me (with nothing to do) stays there for about 6 seconds.

this was everytime in GT3 ferrari.

MaximusN
10-12-2017, 18:03
i'd like to add the following information for the devs to look in (have done hundres of MP races with pitstop):

- i always decide to have enough fuel at start
- so my pitstrategie involves usually: doing nothing
- besides the crew having nothing to do (no repairs, no fuel, no tires) my pitstop takes about 6 secondes

can it be that there's a bug when player makes a "nothing stragey"? i'm asking because i more then once entered the pits as P1, just to leave it as p4. i asked the "faster pitters" how they do that. they told me, they only added a few l fuel nothing else. so how is it possible for them to leave after seconds and me (with nothing to do) stays there for about 6 seconds.

this was everytime in GT3 ferrari.
That's my strategy too(only stop, no fuel, no tyres). Never realized you could wait shorter than 5 or 6 seconds when actually refueling. :(

Tose
10-12-2017, 18:35
Well i always setup my pit strategy to refuel 5-10l (5-7s - great for short races with mandatory pits). This mandatory pitstop bug happend to me before and i was thinking thats because no refuel, no tyres change, no repair strategy. But yet this happend to me again. Ofc i was on first place coz if im fourth no bug will appear - Murphys laws.

beatrunner
10-12-2017, 22:23
i can confirm now after 4 mp races (GT3 multicar, me in Ferrari), in which i tested the pitbehaviour during quali and got it confirmed during the mandatory pitstops (it's the same on all tracks for mee):

- no job for the crew to do (they looking at car, nicely animated ofc) - standing for 5-6 seconds
- refuel 1 liter: im off in under 2 seconds (i think 1.2 - 1.4ish)

so there must be something wrong i guess. could the Mods please give that info to SMS? thanks guys.

i haven't tested if that changes when i'd turn off the "cinematic pitcrewanimations" in the options (or whatever it's called exactely)

Ekay.jay
10-12-2017, 23:17
Have you made sure your tire pressures in your car setup match the pit strategy? If not, your pit crew will change the tire pressure you have set in the pit strategy and that could be what’s holding you up.

beatrunner
11-12-2017, 18:48
hi SMS and all: another thing to look at in GT3 mp races with mandatory pitstop:

- the crew sometimes does things they shouldn't do
- i set to only refuel 1 liter
- go to pit as P1 (no damage, nothing during race, just a plain P1 start to P1 end race)
- Crew seems to be overmotivated and checking also my gearbox (wtf?...i raced like a angel, no problems at all)
- They blabla me that there seems to be a gearbox problem (and fixing that for 40 sec..s)..
- Another time they were overmotivated they found a "electrical motorproblem" and fixed that for half a Decade :))

Please SMS/Mods report @ sms: this is absolutely funkilling...and yes, all my settings in pitstrategy were like i wanted them to be and they work in 90% of the cases. but sometimes this overmotivated crew is killing races for me (stealing p1's ...).
they all would be fire IRL ... so i think it would be fair to have that sort of not happening (even if there would be the risk of having me engine / gearbox fail during race...i don't care when i'm leading by 30 secs...you know?

:))

just to add: i've done now over 230 races rated mp since patch 1.3

MaximusN
11-12-2017, 18:52
Have you made sure your tire pressures in your car setup match the pit strategy? If not, your pit crew will change the tire pressure you have set in the pit strategy and that could be what’s holding you up.

Yeah, I hate missing the option to leave them the way they are. In most cases a tyre change is as fast anyway so it's nice that it's there, but I'd rather not have it if I can't turn it off...

beatrunner
11-12-2017, 20:37

thanks for the heads up on that "phenomenom"...but: the change of tirepressure takes also only about 1.4 seconds or so. at least in my case (488 gt3) they do it together with the refueling of 1 liter or shortly after/before..so since i changed my setup to "refuel 1 liter" im off in about 1.4 seconds...

so there's for sure a bug when somebody decides "no tyrechange / no refuelling / no damage repair".

even repairing some minor (4-5%) aerodamage only takes a few seconds...

please sms, have a look at this.

beatrunner
18-12-2017, 14:24
Hi Forum
I see all the "Mandatory Pitstop" threads have been removed? Why no discussion about it?
Bacause it just happend again in a mandatory pitstop:

- crew repairing non existant "motor electronics failure" during mandatory pitstop (30 secs)
- they were only set to give 1 l of fuel
- just nothing else

can we have a word on this please?

it keeps happening 1-2 times in 20 races and kills my points (im >1700 and not winnign means something).

thanks

Bealdor
18-12-2017, 14:30
Threads merged.

Nyreen
18-12-2017, 17:19
1 liter refueling seems like a bug but I think it's quite a nice trick to know. As Camcom keeping the bugs through the Street Fighter series because players use them as tricks to be more competitive (thus enrich the skill ceiling), or [arcade racing game warning] driving on the kerbs to improve traction in GTA 5.

beatrunner
18-12-2017, 18:40
as threads got merged by the mods: i really want to point one other oddity (me thinks it is) which i've mentioned few times, but (so me thinks) never got any real attention / or recognised as a problem:

- crew checking for various "maintenance things" during mandatory pits every now and then (happend 3 times to me today in about 14 races)
- problems they've found worth me beeing held in pits for "decades" (20 secs. +) were:
- low battery (just recently, in a wintermorning race)
- gearbox-problems
- electrical engine problems
- all this for sure without damage repairing ON, without having any issues during race, usually without me even having the slightes damage at the car
- and this for sure allways happens to me when leading the race

as a top-ranked player it's just absolutely fun / point killing to have such scripted "problems" occuring during short races (8 laps). but i've never ever had any one of that problems occur during a race (such as suspension/aero damage and so on)...this "failures" occur only when me going into pits for a mandatory stop.

i agree it's realistic to sometimes have some "problems" with the car in a race. but all this seems and feels kind of scripted and serves kind as a "tool" to give lower ranked racers a chance to beat the top racers?

or does that happen to the slowest in a race too? that they just have to sit there in the pits for 30 secs. because some stupid crew decides "oh...the electronics should be checked"..."oh...suddenly battery is low"..."ooh...suddenly gearbox failure"...even thou they were told to just put 1 liter of fuel and nothing more. all would be fired. alllllll...

thanks to urgently adress or at least "comment" on this isse. it's just not fun to be p4/3/2 instead of p1 where i mostly belong. and a p2 gave me a fat -15 because of this bug (my laptimes were +2 secs faster then "the real p2"....

beatrunner
18-12-2017, 19:47
to add on this:

this also happend right now in my very first FR35 MP Races ever:

- it was the motorelectronis this time
- after 1 lap of racing
- 0% damage
- crew told to put 1 liter fuel, nothing else
- me sitting in pits for over 20 secs again

suspiciously this happenning more often the closer i get to 1800 sr...coincidence / "programmed in" / bug?

beatrunner
18-12-2017, 20:41
and it happened again (now 3 times in a row)...
- slight motordamage at pit
- set to only refuel
- this time again they claim "battery low"
- standig for 30 seconds
- loosing against opponents which i'd otherwise have "cooked"

i only want to know from SMS please: is this a scripted part of our driving experience?
is this to keep the slower players from enjoying it?
or is it really just a bug that annoys me right now and did cost me 20 points today (instead of me beeing 1800 +).
that's why i called id suspiciously before - never happened since patch...starting happening since (maybe) 1650 +

edit: yes it's kinda broken atm (have there be any changes in the background?)
we had to give up on that lovely feature in our daily racing lobby (GT3).
it wasn't winning the fastest guys anymore - but the lucky ones. the ones without a pitcrew skrewing up anyfun and holding us back for over 30 seconds.

completely overdone this "feature" atm: not made for fast guys who finished 12 lap races within 0-2 seconds to each other before this strange things started happening...

Spyro
19-12-2017, 16:40
Not the same issue as you but I came across a bug in multiplayer where I made up a number of places at the Circuit de Catalunya GP and came in to serve my mandatory pit stop. I requested it through the in race strategy menu but when I came in my pit crew were no where to be seen. I had to drive straight through as I didn't know where my pit box was. I figured it was because I was right on somebody else's bumper when driving through the pits and the game only recognised 1 car coming in instead of 2. So I tried again next lap but the same thing happened. Unfortunately it ruined any chances of a decent finish.

Suffered exactly the same weird bug once some weeks ago, before patch 3.0
Maybe pit crew has his own life and sometimes they're on holidays or strike. I couldn't do anything but laugh on my bad luck, as i was leading the race and this bug ruined my race on a ridiculous way.