PDA

View Full Version : Start lights issue. Online chaos!

kofotsjanne
30-11-2017, 18:59
I was just trying out the new patch and went online. GTE at Road America. First race: the starting lights never showed up. A car behind me started to drive into me and this kept going for a minute or two. Massive pile up when some tried to drive away and some just didnt move. Chaos! We were a couple of guys to the end but most just left. A guy in chat said this had happend to him twice.

Have anyone else had this happened? Caused by the patch or a bug that been there before?

Btw, at the ffb meter. Didnt it say which wheel you have at the bottom, i.e t300rs? Now I had SMS 1.2. Also, i still see bar and not psi in setup.

Mip
30-11-2017, 19:20
I was at the same race. As you said, no starting light. Then some ppl just started driving and it ended up in a pile up. First time this happened to me, maybe it has something to do with the server having so many drivers (23). But that really shouldn't be a problem.

(Was my first kinda full grid race, so really disappointed that it never started because of a bug)

Mad Al
30-11-2017, 19:35
Did anyone get the lights..?

kofotsjanne
30-11-2017, 19:39
Did anyone get the lights..?
Not as far as i understood in chat. Many said a couple of well thought words before they left and others just left in silence :P I guess everyone was really surprised. Im so pissed at myself for not using shadowplay but i dont think anything specific happend that could help find the issue in a point of view video.

tipostrano
30-11-2017, 19:53
Today, a rolling start. First i've got 2 sec for do nothing. ( i was in first ) then, the race started at the second corner. I menaged to win, but what a caos behind me.

Mip
30-11-2017, 19:53
When I was done with waiting and started driving, it gave me 20s penalty for false start. I think that eveyone who started going got that. So no, the race didn't start at any point for anyone.

kofotsjanne
01-12-2017, 07:58
I noticed one thing now: Even though I finished the race Im still at the exact same "skillpoint" and it had rating activated. Also, when thinking about it a guy in chat said "Host left again". So to me it seems like the server were kinda inactive but still active if that makes any sense. Other players were still able to join. I dont know but maybe this thread should be moved to multiplayer since its not so much about technical (for us players at least) but more... about multiplayer. :P

bmanic
01-12-2017, 08:51
I had the no starting lights bug in my first online after the patch. It was annoying to say the least.. especially since I qualified on pole.

Markus Ott
01-12-2017, 12:07
That's not a phenomenon of the new patch.
Had that several times before the patch which seems to be a synchronization failure of the game. Some people get the starting lights too early, they start, get an instant drive through penalty for starting too early and crash into all those who not even got starting lights going on. Just another messy bug.

kofotsjanne
01-12-2017, 12:27
That's not a phenomenon of the new patch.
Had that several times before the patch which seems to be a synchronization failure of the game. Some people get the starting lights too early, they start, get an instant drive through penalty for starting too early and crash into all those who not even got starting lights going on. Just another messy bug.
Is that what the "syncing players" message mean in the beginning? I dont remember if it was showing up or not. I really hope i wont experience this again :(

Flens07
01-12-2017, 13:06
Just a question to your Multiplayerrace: Did the crew change your tyres during the pitstop? I heard about a bug, that the pitcrew donīt do so...:(

Zenzic
01-12-2017, 13:11
About tires not being changed during stops: isn't that dependent on your pit strategy settings? There's three values: none, recommended (or something alike), all.

Flens07
01-12-2017, 14:12
There was a race in my community yesterday. They report that it isnīt possible to start a cup because of some strange things (here only the big points):
- Tires were not changed during pitstop (they tried ist more than one time an the strategy was checked before starting the race)
- Some stupid punishments in which, among other things, accused us of being upside down through the pit lane. It was a serious race and nobody had done those things...!!

I will have my own experience in the evening (today) and I will check that for myself. I will give you a report...

Mike Laskey
01-12-2017, 14:42
Is that what the "syncing players" message mean in the beginning? I dont remember if it was showing up or not. I really hope i wont experience this again :(

Also, when thinking about it a guy in chat said "Host left again".

Hi, we are looking into the desync of the race start procedure that may occasionally happen. A couple of questions that could help us:

1. Were you connected P2P or via a dedicated server?
2. Do you remember the exact timing when the session host left the session (for example: during qualifying, during qualifying results, during pre-race menu, after the pre-race but before the start lights?)
3. Did you see the SYNCING message on screen? (I may assume yes due to your mention of it in post #10).

BrieseRacing
01-12-2017, 14:53
Same Problems for me... couldnt enjoy any Onlinesession, in every session there are dead or lagging cars on the track, then you try to break or avoid contact and next round the same cars on the same place, like dead ghostcars or ill get disconnects while ingame, in another race this night there was qualifying and when the race began after greenlights the race was over...

kofotsjanne
01-12-2017, 16:25
Hi, we are looking into the desync of the race start procedure that may occasionally happen. A couple of questions that could help us:

2. Do you remember the exact timing when the session host left the session (for example: during qualifying, during qualifying results, during pre-race menu, after the pre-race but before the start lights?)
3. Did you see the SYNCING message on screen? (I may assume yes due to your mention of it in post #10).
1. I really dont know. I use to show both in filters.
2. It was a guy in chat that said host left again. All I know is that it must have been before the starting lights since there wasnt any (:P). I cant remember exactly when he said it, but it was pretty early and he probably took it as a reason that the race didnt start. I cant speak for him though.
3. Cant answer that question neither. Now afterwards i dont think i did but not sure tbh.

That was my last race and have only started the game since then without going on track. Is it possible i have some error logs that can help you? Need an answer on that one quick since i will play later this evening.

Mike Laskey
01-12-2017, 16:47
Ok thanks for the answers. No there won't be any logs but we'll try a few things internally, including host migration to see if we can repro it.

kofotsjanne
01-12-2017, 18:30
Ok thanks for the answers. No there won't be any logs but we'll try a few things internally, including host migration to see if we can repro it.
hope you get it solved soon. things like that can really take away all your motivation to keep racing that evening. Keep in mind that its weekend and we do a better work when we have got some rest :)

edit: typo

FatnSlo
02-12-2017, 00:16

1. P2P
2. Not positive. When I joined the game during Q session, I was not the host. When Q ended I had the 'Continue' button so at some point I became host.
3. No messages at all.

Seems like this bug is worse than before patch to me.

Scott Coffey
02-12-2017, 19:12
I've seen two errors during host migration:

If the lobby migrates to me, then I often don't get starting lights.

Once a host leaves, in the next race new players can only choose the car of the new host.

Balles
02-12-2017, 20:29
I just had a sync problem, I think. No red/green lights at start.
It's the first time I have it since last patch. No complain, just a report.

FxUK
03-12-2017, 20:15
I had this happen today, but things where a little more weird than just the lights.

In this session, after qualifying we returned to the lobby as normal, however....

1) when I typed in the chat, it was reversed.
i.e: desrever saw ti ,tahc eht ni depyt I nehw ,tsriF.

LOL a bit of a WTF moment, but... that didn't just happen to me, it happened to somebody else too.

2) After all clicking ready, the race loaded and there was no start sequence, it was free for all, foot flat down and go.

3) After some confusion, everybody started finding their feet, but after lap one ended, so did the race. It was an 8 lap race???

I have never seen ANY of those issues before in 198 hours of play, but today they all appeared in one session.

A common sync occurrence I do come across is the next track not updating, or host's vehicle / class choice not distributing to other players (so you look like your driving the previous vehicle / class), I was hoping that would be fixed in patch 3, sadly it seems not, but its not the end of the world either.

Mahjik
03-12-2017, 20:23

For sync problems, please provide the information requested above..

Maurice Boeschen
03-12-2017, 21:04
ah come on, no. The "no start lights bug" is not fixed in Patch 3.0?
Thats too bad as that issue is the biggest issue in multiplayer and I stopped playing online because of this bug which I experienced 3 times by myself...
This should be top priority

Mahjik
03-12-2017, 21:10
ah come on, no. The "no start lights bug" is not fixed in Patch 3.0?
Thats too bad as that issue is the biggest issue in multiplayer and I stopped playing online because of this bug which I experienced 3 times by myself...
This should be top priority

Seriously? You have an actual developer posting in this thread trying to gather information on fixing it and this is what you post?

Maurice Boeschen
03-12-2017, 21:20
Seriously? You have an actual developer posting in this thread trying to gather information on fixing it and this is what you post?

tbh I didnt read the whole thread and didnt read the dev answer, just the first post of this thread that this major issue, which completely stop me from playing online, is still not resolved.

As for answering the questions:

1. Happened to me alsways on P2P servers.
2. session host never leaved the session. This happened to me on GamerMuscle Livestreams where I took part and he never left the server and then out of the sudden this issue occured that there are no starting lights, everyone gets a DT penalty.
3. no Syncing message.

Scott Coffey
05-12-2017, 15:22
1) when I typed in the chat, it was reversed.
i.e: desrever saw ti ,tahc eht ni depyt I nehw ,tsriF.

LOL a bit of a WTF moment, but... that didn't just happen to me, it happened to somebody else too.

The reversed typing happens if you have your wheel turned to one side. Been that way since pcars1.

beatrunner
05-12-2017, 17:36
guys i'd like to give some statistics about this bug with green lights not appearing: it has happend to me once in over 79 online races (p2p allover the world) since patch 3.

Maurice Boeschen
05-12-2017, 17:39
guys i'd like to give some statistics about this bug with green lights not appearing: it has happend to me once in over 79 online races (p2p allover the world) since patch 3.

3 x in 40 races.

cpcdem
05-12-2017, 17:43
Maybe around 2-3 times in 300 races to me. It's way more often that we don't go to the starting grid at all (stuck in the wait screen after qual), than that.

ermo
06-12-2017, 11:03
The reversed typing happens if you have your wheel turned to one side. Been that way since pcars1.

That's not a bug -- that's an undocumented feature! (aka "easter egg") :D