PDA

View Full Version : 1 lap race

Balles
30-11-2017, 19:57
I would like to have your opinion. I saw several servers on a 1 lap race. I don't think it's fun at all and it's just for upgrade the safety/rank.
I don't really know if it's even usefull for that, but i'd like in the next path that we can't race less than xxx kms (not a lap number because of Nordschleife).
What do you guys think ?

diesel97
30-11-2017, 20:08
I would like to have your opinion. I saw several servers on a 1 lap race. I don't think it's fun at all and it's just for upgrade the safety/rank.
I don't really know if it's even usefull for that, but i'd like in the next path that we can't race less than xxx kms (not a lap number because of Nordschleife).
What do you guys think ?

Was it a point to point race?

Roger Prynne
30-11-2017, 20:11
^ You race from one point to another point :biggrin-new:

diesel97
30-11-2017, 20:16
^ You race from one point to another point :biggrin-new:

Was this for me or the OP?

edit: just saw the ^^ I was asking the OP if it was a point to point race

Roger Prynne
30-11-2017, 20:25
I must be tired as I thought it said 'What is a point to point race' :redface-new:

diesel97
30-11-2017, 20:36
I must be tired as I thought it said 'What is a point to point race' :redface-new:

LOL that WHAT, I will help you out with the caps, thought so reading to many posts

Krobo
30-11-2017, 20:41
Point to point would be like the highway tracks that don't loop .. :cool:

im kind of loopy tho ... :stupid:

Balles
30-11-2017, 21:37
It was a 1 lap race at Spa, before that (twice) another 1 lap on regular tracks I do not remember. Actually I don't see the point (seems you like points !) ^^.
If it's a way to improve the rank / safety rating, it would be nice to avoid it in next patch.

beatrunner
01-12-2017, 04:22
why should they change the game?? if you don't like that short races - as me - just don't join them?...
i joined some short race lobbys (1/2 laps). but only if i see theres only 1-4 people and when they are "not that fast rated" - so to speak.
because then it's easy for me. i see their "trick" / try to "gain easy points" - and turn it to my favour.

Balles
01-12-2017, 05:13
why should they change the game?? if you don't like that short races - as me - just don't join them?...
What I did. Just report that some people seems to try to abuse the game. I'm afraid the lobby could be full of these 1 lap servers if the trick is effective.
I'd like to know what is better for the rank, 10 "1 lap" race with 10 players or 1 "10 laps" race with the same players. I hope there is not much difference.

Jaood
01-12-2017, 10:21
If nothing changed with the patch (I doubt it but not enough races yet) 10x1l will be exactly 10x more "effective". Given same players and outcome ofcourse.

MaximusN
01-12-2017, 10:43
What I did. Just report that some people seems to try to abuse the game. I'm afraid the lobby could be full of these 1 lap servers if the trick is effective.
I'd like to know what is better for the rank, 10 "1 lap" race with 10 players or 1 "10 laps" race with the same players. I hope there is not much difference.
How is it abuse? The only thing you can achieve is reach your actual level earlier. You will never get S3000 if it's not the level you are supposed to be at.

It's the same as saying people who don't race Rad Bulls, and are safely racing those boring GT3's, are boosting their safety rating. Or people who avoid rain/snow races. Or only race on one track/car combo they know by heart.

Tank621
01-12-2017, 10:53
Alot of people do 'Track Day' Lobbies which are usually Practice and Qualy sessions which last several hours- they're not bothered about the race so they just do a 1 lapper

There used to be a couple Nordschliefe ones in the 1st game for Historics and Road Cars which I used quite a bit when trying to learn the track. I don't know if there are any going in this game: I haven't used online much at all yet

diesel97
01-12-2017, 13:04
Just a quick question about online lobby (instead of opening a new thread) when I am looking for a lobby to join you have info on what kind of a session it is with 4 letters S/P/Q/R what the hell does the "S" stand for? Stupid I know but for the life of me I can't figure it out lol

Edit: I just reread my own question I think I got it know LOL maybe "Safety rating" on?

repsol23
01-12-2017, 16:48
I thought it was L/P/Q/R

Lobby
Practice
Qualify
Race

diesel97
01-12-2017, 17:10
I thought it was L/P/Q/R

Lobby
Practice