PDA

View Full Version : Penalty to give back 1 position (have no idea why)

Lplate
01-12-2017, 01:21
This happened to me just the other day.
Not really sure why. If it had something to do with the earlier track cut slow down penalties.
I did have a few track cut slow down penalties earlier but I always slowed so not get added time penalty.

Then near end of race I get the give back position penalty but there was nobody near me.
I stopped on a straight to wait for the car behind but he didn't get there in time so I got a drive through. : (

Wonder Why this happened is it a bug OR something else?

AbeWoz
01-12-2017, 01:57
the only time i've seen it pop up is if you pass a car when you are outside of track limits.

Lplate
01-12-2017, 02:55
In the past it's only ever happen to me in single player when passing a car and exceeding track limits.
This timer in MP was very different and I wonder if there is a new penalty added, after 5 track limit penalties or something?

AbeWoz
01-12-2017, 03:15
i had it in MP last night.

beatrunner
01-12-2017, 04:18
it happens a lot in those situations:

- somebody crashes / goes wide / misses corner in front of me
- i ofcourse try to avoid contact / try to stay on track
- but only if i absolutely stay between lines / haven't got contact to that car before i can continue to race
- if im slightly going offtrack / on curbs bit too much to avoid contact, this happens a lot (had it a lot in Red Bull / Spa / Laguna)

So it's not allways possible to gain advantage of other peoples faults as it should absolutely be in racing. i mean common. should i be punished because i had to decide within milliseconds which way to choose to avoid crash with a car that stands still in the middle of a corner in the racingline?...oh excuse me, i cutted a track by 0.14 mm to avoid a crash that would cost 200'000 IRL (and 1 or 2 / 3 lifes...)....

please SMS...i understand that the system is a must have to hold crashers / exploits back. which is a must and i like. but it happens more then it should, that instead of me beeing able to gain huge amount of time to the "crashers / victims of others" im even in fear of not beeing able to fulfill the order "turn back to position x within xx seconds..".... sometimes this isn't as easy as it sounds, because the one's i should give position back have had huge crashes etc...

Lplate
01-12-2017, 05:22
it happens a lot in those situations:

- somebody crashes / goes wide / misses corner in front of me
- i ofcourse try to avoid contact / try to stay on track
- but only if i absolutely stay between lines / haven't got contact to that car before i can continue to race
- if im slightly going offtrack / on curbs bit too much to avoid contact, this happens a lot (had it a lot in Red Bull / Spa / Laguna)

So it's not allways possible to gain advantage of other peoples faults as it should absolutely be in racing. i mean common. should i be punished because i had to decide within milliseconds which way to choose to avoid crash with a car that stands still in the middle of a corner in the racingline?...oh excuse me, i cutted a track by 0.14 mm to avoid a crash that would cost 200'000 IRL (and 1 or 2 / 3 lifes...)....

please SMS...i understand that the system is a must have to hold crashers / exploits back. which is a must and i like. but it happens more then it should, that instead of me beeing able to gain huge amount of time to the "crashers / victims of others" im even in fear of not beeing able to fulfill the order "turn back to position x within xx seconds..".... sometimes this isn't as easy as it sounds, because the one's i should give position back have had huge crashes etc...

My situation is nothing to do with this sort of thing.
It was a long race and the closest car in front was about 3 sec and the car behind about 30 secs.
I picked the straight to slow down and let the car behind pass but he didn't get there in time and I was hit with a drive through.

The only thing I can think i did wrong was I had some track cut slowdowns , maybe about 5, earlier in the race.
I did slow down and had no time penalty added but then this happened.

cpcdem
01-12-2017, 11:08
My situation is nothing to do with this sort of thing.
It was a long race and the closest car in front was about 3 sec and the car behind about 30 secs.
I picked the straight to slow down and let the car behind pass but he didn't get there in time and I was hit with a drive through.

The only thing I can think i did wrong was I had some track cut slowdowns , maybe about 5, earlier in the race.
I did slow down and had no time penalty added but then this happened.

Maybe that's due to another thing, it seems that when you receive the warning somewhere in the last couple of corners of a lap, then you have time only till you finish that lap, in order to slowdown (yes, even if you're during the race, not in qualifying). Last night a slow down warning was shown to me a few meters before the start/finish line, I tried to slow down, but a second later I crossed the line and was instantly given a time penalty, without having absolutely any chance to avoid it...

Lplate
01-12-2017, 11:38
Maybe that's due to another thing, it seems that when you receive the warning somewhere in the last couple of corners of a lap, then you have time only till you finish that lap, in order to slowdown (yes, even if you're during the race, not in qualifying). Last night a slow down warning was shown to me a few meters before the start/finish line, I tried to slow down, but a second later I crossed the line and was instantly given a time penalty, without having absolutely any chance to avoid it...

yeah that makes sense but for me the "give back 1 position" penalty was a long way from the start finish line.
The only thing I can think of is that maybe it was meant to be a drive through from having over 5 cut tack warnings but the game
gave me the wrong message and the drive through penalty only correctly displayed after the car behind me passed.

I have the reply, I'll have a real close look later

mister dog
02-12-2017, 22:59
We ran without penalties last night, between the calls to hand back positions to cars that crash out and the post patch slowdown penalties as soon as you go wide, it's better to just disable them at the moment IMO. If you're in a closed lobby with people that won't abuse it too much there's no problem. Wouldn't do it in an open lobby though :D.