PDA

View Full Version : What's your go-to AI aggression %?

Zenzic
01-12-2017, 12:07
Sprinkled throughout the forum there's some posts with aggression values, but it's hardly enough to show a trend. I'm interested in seeing what setting you're using most often and what your experience is with it.

I've been using 85% for some time now and I'm considering lowering it. At this level AI seems a bit too interested in diving for the inside of the corner, even when there's not actually enough room to prevent contact.

Andre.V
01-12-2017, 12:35
Hi.

I'm not an expert driver but I have lot of fun driving the Lotus 49. The new AI modeling is so much better in Pcars 2 than Pcars 1 and I love the new skill level slider going up to 120%. So for with the Lotus in any track, I can range it from 100 to 120% and I'm most of the time 1 or 2 sec faster than the AI. To achieve that, the aggression slider is ALWAYS at 0% for me. Just to get the fastest lap is hard enough, I don't need them to push me out the track. Thanks SMS for this slider. It's nice because now I can beat them at 100% and when I can push to 120% it's even better.

As for the Porsche 911 GT3 SR 2016, this is another story, what ever I do, I stay 20th with 5 or 7 seconds slower ! They are dawn fast. I just don't understand how they can be so fast. To me it's not fair or real ? At Bannochbrae track, they are 22 seconds faster than me and I'm pushing very very hard.

Andre

MrA2theK
01-12-2017, 12:36
I tend to keep it the same as the AI skill level, so at the moment about 71%. But there seem to be so many variables depending on what track/class/weather you are running.

ATSS
01-12-2017, 12:39
Usually around 70-80%.

eco2006
01-12-2017, 13:13
Hi.

I'm not an expert driver but I have lot of fun driving the Lotus 49. The new AI modeling is so much better in Pcars 2 than Pcars 1 and I love the new skill level slider going up to 120%. So for with the Lotus in any track, I can range it from 100 to 120% and I'm most of the time 1 or 2 sec faster than the AI. To achieve that, the aggression slider is ALWAYS at 0% for me. Just to get the fastest lap is hard enough, I don't need them to push me out the track. Thanks SMS for this slider. It's nice because now I can beat them at 100% and when I can push to 120% it's even better.

As for the Porsche 911 GT3 SR 2016, this is another story, what ever I do, I stay 20th with 5 or 7 seconds slower ! They are dawn fast. I just don't understand how they can be so fast. To me it's not fair or real ? At Bannochbrae track, they are 22 seconds faster than me and I'm pushing very very hard.

Andre

I'm very sure the AI is not driving with the same physics as the player, in other words: they are cheating, in some corners they drive faster than possible for the player.

skipptg
01-12-2017, 13:27
Didn't Doug say elsewhere a while back the AI doesn't use the same tyre model as the player? Makes sense, the computational requirement of 30+ cars must be huge.

Ofnir4
01-12-2017, 13:45
I'm at 60%, it serves its purpose which was to make sure the AI cars overtake backmarkers fast but it's a bit of a "dive-bomb and switchback into your ass or side skirts" fest, a bit rubbing for sure but a lot more of "let's go side by side into that corner but if you don't hug the line, I'll make you regret that" even from backmarkers.

Eric Rowland
01-12-2017, 14:23
90 speed, 60 aggro

VelvetTorpedo
01-12-2017, 14:27
90 skill/60 aggression. The better I get at tuning and finding time on the track the higher i find myself putting the skill. Aggression I'm pumping to 70 soon to see how it goes.

Purg
01-12-2017, 18:47
80. I had read somewhere that AI use custom setups above 80 aggression. With 100 AI skill, I'm rarely having issues where the AI does something stupid or unexpected.

Ofnir4
01-12-2017, 18:50
It's above 80% skill, not aggression. Unless I am sorely mistaken, but it makes more sense.

dodge33cymru
01-12-2017, 18:51
85, but I have no interest in open wheelers, so I imagine it has to be toned down for those.

Javaniceday
01-12-2017, 19:12
I have lot of fun driving the Lotus 49. The new AI modeling is so much better in Pcars 2 than Pcars 1 and I love the new skill level slider going up to 120%. So for with the Lotus in any track, I can range it from 100 to 120% and I'm most of the time 1 or 2 sec faster than the AI. To achieve that, the aggression slider is ALWAYS at 0% for me. Just to get the fastest lap is hard enough, I don't need them to push me out the track. Thanks SMS for this slider. It's nice because now I can beat them at 100% and when I can push to 120% it's even better.

I also really enjoy the Lotus 49 (always offline 'cuz people don't like driving it in online lobbies - a huge mistake, it's a blast to drive and easier than people think). But you must be way faster than me, 'cuz I'm at 105% and it's very competitive for me. I also use 45% aggression for every car, including the lotus 49. I never experience bad AI, the way it was in pCARS1 (where it was impossible). With this car they're reasonably aggressive. It works great!

Zenzic
01-12-2017, 19:14
It's above 80% skill, not aggression. Unless I am sorely mistaken, but it makes more sense.

Yep, above 80% skill AI reportedly uses custom setups.

Andre.V
01-12-2017, 19:23
Oh ! I'm glad to see that your are not at 100% with any class except Lotus 49. (SMS, don't change anything in the Lotus pack as they perform very good at 100%). Most of the time I'm using Lotus 49 and Lotus 98 and with both I can overtake them at 100%. Just 1 or 2 sec faster depend of the track.

I'm surprised to discover the AI in any other classes are cheating corners and are not tuned like real player's car and it make sense. I'm checking the time trial fastest lap for the Porsche 911 GT3 RS at Hochenheim classic track and the best I've seen is 2:20 as the AI reach 2:13 !!! That's a big gap. I understand now. So I'll stop trying to do the same as the Lotus and I'll reduce the AI skill around 80% like you and I'm sure I'll have more fun driving this nice car.

Andre.

Andre.V
01-12-2017, 19:39
Javaniceday

Cool, you are about the first one I met loving the Lotus 49. In fact it perform very nicely and when correctly tuned, she is very easy to drive. I love it. You are right, in Pcars 1 it was impossible to be at 100% so I'm glad now I can beat them at 100% or more. But don't use any aggression to make it easier. I tuned the Lotus 49 on all my favorite tracks to be sure I'm able to beat the leader at 100 to 120%.

Andre.

SIR_Driftalot
02-12-2017, 02:37
I have 2 different settings depending on my mood.
For career I set it to 100 speed, 80 Aggro as I can utilise practice and qualy to get a decent set up and grid position for the race. At this setting I also find if I have a scruffy lap the AI are all over me and taking no prisoners, so it keeps it nice and intense.
If Ive only got a little bit of time or I’m knocking back some cold ones, I set the AI to 90 and 60 aggro, then I’ll pick a car track/combo I need to get some laps on and do last to first challenge. This setting over around 5 laps allows me to chase down the leader on the last lap if I’m driving well and my race craft is on point.
I tend to not alter these settings regardless of the AI being dominant or not at certain tracks, so some tracks I do better then others, but generally with practice and familiarity I tend to get top 5 finishes on most tracks.