PDA

View Full Version : MP : the forgotten part of the patch ?

nono782
01-12-2017, 18:45
I was expecting little things like :

- a filter for showing/hiding the started races
- showing the cars names on lobby and results boards
- the possibility to sort any column in the main MP lobby

but the online does not seem to be a priority.
Is there a chance we get an online patch later ? (there is no much to do to make it more comfortable)

Markus Ott
01-12-2017, 18:50
Not much to do?
Oh yes, there is a ton to do and to fix.

Chin
01-12-2017, 20:04
...and none of those break the game. Two of those are just a time saving feature for you. I personally think there are bigger issues to tackle. I do, though, want to see filters and sorting.

bradleyland
01-12-2017, 21:55
More patches are sure to come. The developers prioritize issues based on how they impact game play. Everything you listed is a convenience, which would be great, but there are many game impacting bugs that are being fixed first.

Gobby
01-12-2017, 22:56
I agree multiplayer didn't get enough attention in the patch.

My own list looks like this:

Bugs
1. Multiplayer – Different weather conditions for some drivers
2. Multiplayer – Skill rating deductions for disconnecting after finishing a race
3. Multiplayer – Unsynced drivers at race start resulting in green light delay for some (typically unsynced drivers then get shunted and receive a DT)
4. Multiplayer Lobby – Filter by Class “Current” results in only RX lobbies, regardless of which class of car is currently selected in Quick Race.
5. Multiplayer Lobby – Sorting doesn’t work after 2 clicks
6. Multiplayer Lobby – Cancelling refresh takes you back to the Main Menu rather than the previously loaded lobby list
7. Multiplayer Lobby – Lobbies showing blank Class column are not always Multi-Class races
8. Multiplayer Lobby – Lobby ‘Details’ screen shows a timed race (e.g 30 mins), yet race is actually Laps (e.g 5 Laps)

Missing Features
1. Multiplayer Lobby – Allow filter by Grade
2. Multiplayer Lobby – Allow filter by Session
3. Multiplayer Lobby – Allow filter by Remaining (time/laps)
4. Multiplayer Lobby – Allow filter out password protected lobbies

I'm also not a fan of not being able to join a lobby with less than 3 minutes remaining. That's plenty of time to set a qualifying lap on most tracks.

Markus Ott
01-12-2017, 23:12
Good list. I can add:
- starting in wrong view after you join a server
- random national flag shown (haven't found out yet how to reproduce it)

Ian Bell
01-12-2017, 23:36
It certainly wasn't forgotten: You can add many more minor improvements to this list and online championships.

* New – Friends Leaderboards – players can now toggle between viewing ‘ALL’ and ‘FRIENDS ONLY’ on the leaderboards screen.
* New – Multiplayer Spectate Mode – players can now choose to ‘Retire to Pit Box’ during a race, and then spectate the ongoing race using the ‘Retire to pits’ and ‘Spectate’ options (note that this is currently only available on tracks that feature a pit lane).
* Enhanced vehicle grouping – online races now use real-world vehicle classes. This results in far better vehicle performance matching for online races.
* Implemented support for Leaderboards reset across all platforms.
* PS4: Fixed an issue with the browser getting stuck at ‘Looking for sessions’.
* Added support for Multiplayer Quick Random to also join in-progress sessions
* New – Xbox One – added an ‘Online Browse’ feature whereby the player can browse for specific lobbies.
* Fixed an issue where the Drive button would remain permanently locked when joining an in-progress session.
* Fixed an issue where, when the player progressed from qualifying to the start of the race, the player’s car would sometimes begin moving without player, resulting in false jump-starts.
* Fixed an issue where using the ‘Amateur’ skill filter would at times not show any lobbies.
* Fixed the case where changing the time of day from daytime to night-time in a lobby failed to switch the skill level from NOVICE to AMATEUR.

and many online related tweaks listed in other areas, for example:

New & Enhanced Feature Summary
* New – Friends Leaderboards – players can now toggle between viewing ‘ALL’ and ‘FRIENDS ONLY’ on the leaderboards screen.
* New – Multiplayer Spectate Mode – players can now choose to ‘Retire to Pit Box’ during a race, and then spectate the ongoing race.
* Enhanced MP vehicle grouping – online races now use real-world vehicle classes. This results in far better vehicle performance matching for online races.
* New – Xbox One – added an Online Browse feature whereby the player can browse for specific lobbies.
* Enhanced Setup and Pit Strategy system – players are now provided with information regarding current and upcoming weather, remaining session duration, current track temperatures, and more.

We're still improving though. More to come in Patch 4.

nono782
01-12-2017, 23:42
OK there is still a lot of work to be done.
But I asked for such tiny little things... plus imagine, between 2 bugs you all will be happy not to lose more time, won’t you ? :glee:

And I am happy to see that the online was upgraded too in this patch.

Ian Bell
02-12-2017, 00:10
OK there is still a lot of work to be done.
But I asked for such tiny little things... plus imagine, between 2 bugs you all will be happy not to lose more time, won’t you ? :glee:

And I am happy to see that the online was upgraded too in this patch.

You've listed 3 feature requests, not bugs. We can't guarantee everyone will get everything they want in every way.

nono782
02-12-2017, 00:21
I know Ian, thx for your reply and the attention you pay about our requests ;)

poirqc
02-12-2017, 03:25
I agree multiplayer didn't get enough attention in the patch.

My own list looks like this:

Bugs
1. Multiplayer – Different weather conditions for some drivers
2. Multiplayer – Skill rating deductions for disconnecting after finishing a race
3. Multiplayer – Unsynced drivers at race start resulting in green light delay for some (typically unsynced drivers then get shunted and receive a DT)
4. Multiplayer Lobby – Filter by Class “Current” results in only RX lobbies, regardless of which class of car is currently selected in Quick Race.
5. Multiplayer Lobby – Sorting doesn’t work after 2 clicks
6. Multiplayer Lobby – Cancelling refresh takes you back to the Main Menu rather than the previously loaded lobby list
7. Multiplayer Lobby – Lobbies showing blank Class column are not always Multi-Class races
8. Multiplayer Lobby – Lobby ‘Details’ screen shows a timed race (e.g 30 mins), yet race is actually Laps (e.g 5 Laps)

Missing Features
1. Multiplayer Lobby – Allow filter by Grade
2. Multiplayer Lobby – Allow filter by Session
3. Multiplayer Lobby – Allow filter by Remaining (time/laps)
4. Multiplayer Lobby – Allow filter out password protected lobbies

I'm also not a fan of not being able to join a lobby with less than 3 minutes remaining. That's plenty of time to set a qualifying lap on most tracks.

That would be really nice! :D

demadou
02-12-2017, 09:25
"More to come in Patch 4" - Ian come on, you are almost borderline on this, we don't even have the patch 3 :cool:(not your fault or SMS' I know) !

seb02
02-12-2017, 11:59
You've listed 3 feature requests, not bugs. We can't guarantee everyone will get everything they want in every way.

Ian hello,

is it planned to add AI on the online championship to allow offline players to create their own championships?
Thanks

cpcdem
02-12-2017, 12:18
It certainly wasn't forgotten: You can add many more minor improvements to this list and online championships.

* New – Multiplayer Spectate Mode – players can now choose to ‘Retire to Pit Box’ during a race, and then spectate the ongoing race using the ‘Retire to pits’ and ‘Spectate’ options (note that this is currently only available on tracks that feature a pit lane).
* Enhanced vehicle grouping – online races now use real-world vehicle classes. This results in far better vehicle performance matching for online races.
* Implemented support for Leaderboards reset across all platforms.
* PS4: Fixed an issue with the browser getting stuck at ‘Looking for sessions’.
* Added support for Multiplayer Quick Random to also join in-progress sessions
* New – Xbox One – added an ‘Online Browse’ feature whereby the player can browse for specific lobbies.
* Fixed an issue where the Drive button would remain permanently locked when joining an in-progress session.
* Fixed an issue where, when the player progressed from qualifying to the start of the race, the player’s car would sometimes begin moving without player, resulting in false jump-starts.
* Fixed an issue where using the ‘Amateur’ skill filter would at times not show any lobbies.
* Fixed the case where changing the time of day from daytime to night-time in a lobby failed to switch the skill level from NOVICE to AMATEUR.

and many online related tweaks listed in other areas, for example:

We're still improving though. More to come in Patch 4.

Sorry, but may I ask, where from is that list, from which patch?
Could it be it's a more detailed changelist of patch 2, not 3? Because I think things like all/friends only, spectate mode, vehicle grouping etc were available for a long time now.
About "Implemented support for Leaderboards reset", does this mean you will do a reset? (IMO its needed).
Also what are the amateur/novice skill filters, is it something console specific, because I have not seen anything like that in multiplayer. Quick random, either.

Apologies in advance if I have completely missed something!