PDA

View Full Version : Chassing a gost

hyfly66
01-12-2017, 18:17
I'm trying to beat someone's record (and did) by first downloading is ghost and trying to beat it. I'm following it in it's tail lights but getting a multitude of penalties because the ghost is off tracks half the time. I decided to stay inside all lines and still manage to get penalties so my time does not count.How in the world does this guy manages to get a record by getting no penalties at all and getting his time recorded as fastest. I'm gonna hang that bloody race director.:mad:

Dady Cairo
01-12-2017, 19:05
i noticed something similar to this.
Same setup as the Ghost,driving like hell,impossible to get him or near his record.
Something is wrong,but i don't now what.
DC

ATSS
01-12-2017, 19:14
Maybe he set his time before patch 1.3. Now its more strict for corner cutting.

Fight-Test
01-12-2017, 19:15
Maybe that ghost is from pre patch and the patch changed the track limits?

hyfly66
01-12-2017, 20:25
Then in all fairness prior patch entries should be marked as such and post patch results should be posted or a more drastic solution would be to reset the counter.

Fight-Test
01-12-2017, 20:36
Then in all fairness prior patch entries should be marked as such and post patch results should be posted or a more drastic solution would be to reset the counter.

I would think maybe a reset or a deletion of a time frame of times will be removed once they feel good about the bop. I like your thought about giving it a tag that tells you what patch version it was run under. If it's sortable then it's all we need.

cpcdem
01-12-2017, 21:34
Which ghost is that and what track/car? Just so we can also have a look into it..

Dady Cairo
01-12-2017, 22:15
Mainly i drive Nürburgring and A-1 Redbull with Mclaren or AMG GT cars.Take the fastest ghost with a wheel setup and choose his setup.Same car,not class.
As fast as he goes on the straigths down,i can't follow,no chance,I'm 5-8 seconds after him.
I'm not the "Real McCoy" Driver but this ius too much distance to belive. In R3R or Rf2 same car same track,i have realistic laptimes.The ghost drives on rails...
2.3-4 seconds faster,that could be real but double the time?
I won a race last night unexpected in R3R with the new AMG mercedes at 90 % AI.Setting AI to 100% in R3R i'm under the last 10 drivers.
So,it seems a little ähmmm "unreal".
DC

hyfly66
01-12-2017, 22:31
Don't want to start ww3.The guys that have better posted time than me deserve it with what they had (before patch ) But now is a new ball game. On TT I'm The forth place better time PORSCHE 962C , Le Mans track . Rotortek 337.863 official,,336.979 unofficial. Just to brag,i have the world record on the old Le Mans track (1967 with out chicanes ) on an other sim racing game with a Porsche 917k.

cpcdem
02-12-2017, 03:30
Mainly i drive Nürburgring and A-1 Redbull with Mclaren or AMG GT cars.Take the fastest ghost with a wheel setup and choose his setup.Same car,not class.
As fast as he goes on the straigths down,i can't follow,no chance,I'm 5-8 seconds after him.
I'm not the "Real McCoy" Driver but this ius too much distance to belive. In R3R or Rf2 same car same track,i have realistic laptimes.The ghost drives on rails...
2.3-4 seconds faster,that could be real but double the time?
I won a race last night unexpected in R3R with the new AMG mercedes at 90 % AI.Setting AI to 100% in R3R i'm under the last 10 drivers.
So,it seems a little ähmmm "unreal".
DC

It's two things, first most of the times were recorded before the patch, when most cars where a little quicker than they are now. Also the top times are done with traction control off or very low, which is also a lot faster.

Second thing, is that they take better lines and carry more speed through corners, that's why you see them disappearing in the straights. Please be certain that I am not trying to be a smart***, I am just trying to help. I followed your ghost with the McLaren in the Nurburgring, that's what I saw instantly, you are losing a lot of time because in most corners you don't carry enough speed and that hurts you also in the straights. You need to follow a car that is a little faster than you, in order to get ideas where you can go faster, this is what I've been always doing as well. If you want, load and follow my ghost, I just logged it and it's at place 89 in this track/car, also sent you a friend request so you can find it more easily. You will see many corners that can be taken faster, then I'm not going full gas in the straights, so I don't disappear. I am sure after getting those ideas, you will soon go much faster and start realizing that the best times are not that unreal after all..