PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one to come back to PC1 from PC2?

racesafegrandad
02-12-2017, 11:09
I love PC1. I can set up my wheel so the cars I race feel real. I can throw a GT3 car into Paddock hill at Brands, get it drifting and just miss the gravel trap at the bottom of the hill as I power up to druids hairpin and it feels great and a lot of fun.
Now onto PC2 and the same corner same car. No mater how many hours I put into the set up, and how many times I go online and try other set ups itís the same. The car now has some invisible elastic band between my steering wheel [a G29] and the road wheels. if I get anywere near to curing it on comes the wheel shake.
Am I the only dedicated racer that has come back to PC1 and plans to stay here for now?

davidt33
02-12-2017, 11:16
<-----In before the close.

Atak Kat
02-12-2017, 11:20
I did play a lot of PC1, but need to spend so much time on the setups and ffb settings drove me crazy. I would just drive the same 2 or 3cars all the time.
After frustrations with PC2 (just the bugs) I went back and tried PC1 again....but I found it really much more arcady than I thought. And I didn't like it. I like much more the way the cars drive in PC2, but the bugs are still annoying me... a lot.

Zaskarspants
02-12-2017, 11:30
I play with all assists off and love drifting gt3 cars on the edge in pc2.
I find the wheel information is vastly improved on my g29.

Perhaps you need to spend more time unlearning the old sim and getting into the new one? It really is vastly better and makes pc1 feel clunky.
Take the AI in pc1, now vastly better.
Menus and navigation around the game, pc1 was a joke compared to pc2.
FFB adjustment in pc1 was er awful and now it is very straightforward.

cortextual
02-12-2017, 11:34
Hmm, not sure what you mean by invisible elastic band, did you try turning off the damping in game? I think it's on by default and makes the wheel artificially harder to turn.

cluck
02-12-2017, 11:36
To be honest, there is absolutely nothing wrong with preferring PC1 to PC2, we all have our priorities in life and if the OP cannot get as much enjoyment out of PC2 as he did from PC1 then I say "go for it" :) . Remember, we play games for enjoyment, to relax, to escape from reality, so what's the point in escaping to a reality you don't enjoy? Just my tuppence :)

cortextual
02-12-2017, 11:40
To be honest, there is absolutely nothing wrong with preferring PC1 to PC2, we all have our priorities in life and if the OP cannot get as much enjoyment out of PC2 as he did from PC1 then I say "go for it" :) . Remember, we play games for enjoyment, to relax, to escape from reality, so what's the point in escaping to a reality you don't enjoy? Just my tuppence :)

Absolutely. Though if there's something preventing him from enjoying the game he spent money on and it turns out to be an easy fix it would be a shame not to explore it. I did just realise he's on PS4 though, I'm not actually sure what the wheel settings are like on console.

cluck
02-12-2017, 11:45
^^^ Ah, then it would be a safe bet to wait and see if the patch improves things then, as handling has changed in the latest patch :)

racesafegrandad
02-12-2017, 11:50
All I can say is that in my real car I get that positive steering feeling as we all do in our real cars. Not so in PC2.
Also when I am driving in PC2 and the back end starts breaking away and I try to 'catch it' as I do in PC1 the darn thing just keeps coming around till I spin?
I have done a lot of racing in PC1, over 900 hours and an average of winning one in three races now. I don't think I am a novice anymore?
Sigh....I would love to race on all those lovely new tracts in PC2.
Maybe its just me?

cluck
02-12-2017, 12:00
All I can say is that in my real car I get that positive steering feeling as we all do in our real cars. Not so in PC2.
Also when I am driving in PC2 and the back end starts breaking away and I try to 'catch it' as I do in PC1 the darn thing just keeps coming around till I spin?
I have done a lot of racing in PC1, over 900 hours and an average of winning one in three races now. I don't think I am a novice anymore?
Maybe its just me?It's not just you, don't worry about that :). First and foremost, you can't drive in PC2 the way you drive in PC1, it will punish the 'over-exuberant' amongst us (of which I am a card-carrying, flag-waving member of :D). If you dial your approach to attacking a corner back, just a small amount, you'll click and when you do you probably won't go back to PC1. It took me a while to adjust and, I'll be honest, I've not launched pCARS1 for months now so I have no idea how I'd get on with it now. All I will say is that when you get into the way it handles, there's a LOT of fun to be had. I posted, a while back, about how I was completely 'lost in the moment' for nearly 3 hours on an evening, driving various cars around various tracks, when everything had fallen into place shortly before release.

However, it might still be worth waiting for the new patch to drop and see how you get on :)

racesafegrandad
02-12-2017, 12:04
It's not just you, don't worry about that :)

Thanks for the encouragement, its appreciated my friend. :)

Andre.V
02-12-2017, 12:14
Few days ago I went back to Pcars 1 to try again the Lotus 49. Wow, I never had big problem with this car but after lot of driving hours in Pcars 2, it's much harder to drive in Pcars 1 and I prefer a lot Pcars 2.

Andre.

snakehands
02-12-2017, 12:37
I love PC1. I can set up my wheel so the cars I race feel real. I can throw a GT3 car into Paddock hill at Brands, get it drifting and just miss the gravel trap at the bottom of the hill as I power up to druids hairpin and it feels great and a lot of fun.
Now onto PC2 and the same corner same car. No mater how many hours I put into the set up, and how many times I go online and try other set ups it’s the same. The car now has some invisible elastic band between my steering wheel [a G29] and the road wheels. if I get anywere near to curing it on comes the wheel shake.
Am I the only dedicated racer that has come back to PC1 and plans to stay here for now?

PC2 has awesome physics, much improved over PC1.

ELAhrairah
02-12-2017, 13:06
Maybe its just me?

Decrease rear tire pressure, increase rear wing if possible, shift the weight balance, play with anti roll bar and springs to make your car less stiff or softer. If your car is too nervous or reacts weird to movements or breaks away on bumps try playing with the dampers. Try adjusting camber, toe in or ride height if the car is to sensitive for driving up or off hills, on the straight or if you just want to tweak how the car behaves in corners.

I wasn't really a real sim guy, never spent more than a few minutes in the garage, mostly to do gear ratio, fuel and tires.
Pcars 1 gave me the first incentive to really spend more time in the garage and Pcars2 feels a step forward. And I am still a n00b learning every time.
Invest some time in it and if you already have well maybe you just like Pcars1 more and that's ok and this post isn't meant to put your efforts or opinion down.
But don't start about car handling in Pcars2 and that it is a dead end. That is simply not true. It is completely up to you to make your car feel just right. I spent 2 months perfecting the formula 3.5 Renault. In the beginning I had my hands in my hair. Wtf, what am I doing wrong? I was very fast in Pcars1. I did time trials and drove against ghostscars of record holders at Watkins Glen. I really couldn't believe that they could go that fast. Well I beat them (after 1.3 my record was beat by some dude so I have to get back to it once more) but it took time and dedication. Just go for it.

M-PowerX
02-12-2017, 13:12
Well it's just a matter of time. When I have 2 hour every 2/3 days to play pcars2 I don't want to spend it:
- doing endless laps to find the perfect setup
- driving with cold tyres
- lifting my foot for 3 seconds because i was 5 millimeter outside the kerb

I just want to race.
My wish? Pcars predefined rooms that keeps restarting with default setups, 10 mins q, 10 laps, light damage.
If you are faster than me, which is very common, you still be no matter what setup we use.

Maybe there is something like that in gt sport?

snakehands
02-12-2017, 13:18
Well it's just a matter of time. When I have 2 hour every 2/3 days to play pcars2 I don't want to spend it:
- doing endless laps to find the perfect setup
- driving with cold tyres
- lifting my foot for 3 seconds because i was 5 millimeter outside the kerb

I just want to race.
My wish? Pcars predefined rooms that keeps restarting with default setups, 10 mins q, 10 laps, light damage.
If you are faster than me, which is very common, you still be no matter what setup we use.

Maybe there is something like that in gt sport?

Host your own, why don't you?

M-PowerX
02-12-2017, 13:59
Same reply all the time, because it takes time. Usually I jump in the race that starts in the next 5 mins.