PDA

View Full Version : Tyre smoke bug after pach 1.3

VtecYo
02-12-2017, 21:41
I made some laps in Spa and realised that every fast corner i have smoketrail behind my car. It doesnt matter how hot the tyres are. Have tested other tracks but same problem. Is it a visual bug or are there some minor problems in the tyrephysics :confused:

mister dog
02-12-2017, 21:50
Visual and everyone has it now I think. Each time I look in my mirrors on fast corners I feel like I'm Ken Block :).

O-NO
02-12-2017, 21:53
Yes I see it my mirrors.

SchluckeWOT
02-12-2017, 21:54
This has been sending me for a loop for the last couple days. I was under the impression I was just pushing the front tires around every corner lol

mister dog
02-12-2017, 22:02
Nah don't worry. I think a buddy of ours just disabled particles in the gfx menu to not see it. I leave it on because it will only last till 1.4 probably and it's funny :D.

Oomph
02-12-2017, 22:16
Glad to see this here too, I just posted in the patch 3 thread. .

I will try with disabling particles too as I am so distracted with that smoke... I have already turned off shadows as ultra still flickers for me and turning them off also eliminates the horrible bleed around mirrors and (front wings, suspension arms on open wheelers.)'

dbr93
03-12-2017, 03:13
Same bug here
I hope they fix it in 1.4 :)

Tbolt
03-12-2017, 03:19
It did it some what before the patch but seems to have got a lot worse after.

Purg
03-12-2017, 03:30
Shhhh. For the first time ever I'm a drifter.

ramm21
04-12-2017, 02:09
Post patch ive tried the acura, renault, and porsche GT3 cars. I can not push in a steady state corner without a huge puff of smoke blowing everywhere.

I just finished a race in the Porsche at Watkins, everytime I touch the throttle to get the weight back on a long looping corner, I see smoke. I have to slow down a lot, almost to the point where the tires aren't even making a sound. If I push hard enough to hear the tires, smoke comes out. I don't see anyone else roasting their tires driving around, but my car leaves a chem trail for everyone else to follow..

Is this normal now? Im using loose setups, I just change fuel amount

Mahjik
04-12-2017, 02:11
Yes, this has been mentioned a few times.

Roushman624
04-12-2017, 02:21
It was like that on the regular Xbox but with the overheating bug too.

3800racingfool
04-12-2017, 03:46
It's the front tires every time from what I can tell. Almost like loading the throttle is over-taxing the front outside tire causing it to smoke. Not sure if it's just a graphical glitch (kinda seems that way) or not.

Krobo
04-12-2017, 04:13
I think its also client biased for MP because I don't see it on other cars just on mine in the mirrors ,& because we are on TS we can confirm only seeing it on our own cars ..

Funny thing ,right after the update I loaded an old' set on the 488 & all 4 tires were smoking the entire lap .... lol

ZulfoDK
04-12-2017, 08:55
I'm pretty sure that it's just a local/client graphical glitch - I never see much tire smoke from other cars when trailing in GT3 races...

LUN4T1C
04-12-2017, 11:34
I have observed replays where my tyres keep smoking the entire race.

Zaskarspants
04-12-2017, 12:04
I dont race online ( yet ), I have not seen excessive tyre smoke since patch 2.

BazzaLB
04-12-2017, 12:12
I don't race online either but I see this phenomenon as well in my races for my car only. (Gt3 at least)

AbeWoz
04-12-2017, 14:47
it's a graphics glitch on the local/client end only. Not visible online. But you can see tire-lock smoke from other cars online.

ramm21
04-12-2017, 15:09
So should I just ignore it? Is it a graphics glitch meaning I can't see other peoples smoke, or does it mean its just a visual effect that shouldnt be there?

Keena
04-12-2017, 15:37
So should I just ignore it? Is it a graphics glitch meaning I can't see other peoples smoke, or does it mean its just a visual effect that shouldnt be there?

I'm getting it a lot with the Clio and the tyre it's coming from is overheating when it does. It seems you can no longer abuse the tyres without consequence.

AbeWoz
04-12-2017, 16:11
the smoke effect is supposed to be there for when you are cooking the tires, but it appears to be happening too quickly post patch.

RomKnight
04-12-2017, 17:22
It was there before.

AbeWoz
04-12-2017, 17:25
It was there before.

it was, yes, but it seems to be happening much more since the latest patch.

Tbolt
04-12-2017, 17:30
Yes now it does it in all fast corners. Even before this patch it was over the top, I've never seen it on a real race car. It's so bad I feel like I'm in the Red Arrows now ;)

FxUK
04-12-2017, 17:30
Is it caused by a graphics option (particles perhaps), similar in a way to the one which makes trees / some crash barriers semi transparent?

I have been noticing it a lot more recently, but when checking tyre temps etc, they seem fine.
I am leaving a trail of smoke quite frequently, only visible to me (according to friends), but I'm not seeing it from other racers at all, the only time I do see smoke is when there are cars spinning out ahead or have locked up in a big way, but not once from a car taking a corner (i.e the last corner at Monza)

Ofnir4
04-12-2017, 17:48
On consoles it happens in pretty much all fast, long drawn out corners. With no lasting repercussion wear wise. Like the car and the tires have somehow different values for how much G force is too much, the tyres thinking this is not a turn anymore, it's a drift or a spin, better apply the smoke effect.

Anyway, smoke wheel everyday. :cool:

Tbolt
04-12-2017, 18:43
On consoles it happens in pretty much all fast, long drawn out corners. With no lasting repercussion wear wise. Like the car and the tires have somehow different values for how much G force is too much, the tyres thinking this is not a turn anymore, it's a drift or a spin, better apply the smoke effect.

It's the same on PC. I think anyone who is getting overheating tyres is just a coincidence.

Like you say the problem has probably come from them wanting to add smoke for drifting and some things not quite right.

Keena
04-12-2017, 19:00
Yeah, its definitely starting to get a bit old.

ramm21
04-12-2017, 19:24

Cool, good to know. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this..

BazzaLB
04-12-2017, 20:26
My tire temps read fine when this is happening so it can't have anything to do with it.

Keena
04-12-2017, 20:33
My tire temps read fine when this is happening so it can't have anything to do with it.

Yeah I just did Clio Cup snetterton in the rain and they were smoking even though tyres were well within correct temp range (we'll ignore smoking tyres in the wet for a second here).

raclug
04-12-2017, 23:59
Cool, good to know. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this..

It happens with me in races with 16+ cars on track.
Oddly, in qualifying everything is fine.

I play with joypad on xbox one.

DECATUR PLAYA
05-12-2017, 05:04
It probably is a graphical glitch but that does not mean it doesn't have meaning. I normally get it in the high speed corners from the tire that's struggling the most for grip in that turn. It can come from the front or rear the left or right but it normally comes from the tire that is struggling the most for grip in that turn. Make a pressure, camber, damper, or spring adjustment in that tire or maybe the opposite tire and you just may see that smoke go away.

I have.

Keena
05-12-2017, 08:39
It probably is a graphical glitch but that does not mean it doesn't have meaning. I normally get it in the high speed corners from the tire that's struggling the most for grip in that turn. It can come from the front or rear the left or right but it normally comes from the tire that is struggling the most for grip in that turn. Make a pressure, camber, damper, or spring adjustment in that tire or maybe the opposite tire and you just may see that smoke go away.

I have.

Cool. I'll try that. Thanks for the input :)

OddTimer
05-12-2017, 09:41
I can confirm this happens on the PC too and it has nothing to do with overheating...I'd say it is a graphical issue. Hopefully it gets fixed in 4.0.

Malcstar
05-12-2017, 09:48
OMG!

Wanted to make a thread about this long ago. Yes, it seems only you can see it, not others. Can't help but feel a little distracted by it sometimes, makes you kinda change your driving style and go a bit easy on the car if your not paying attention to the telemetry.

And there are differences in the smoke effects when you choose between stable and loose. Its funny because loose made less smoke in my experience.

Hope it gets addressed.

FlakNine
05-12-2017, 11:56
I can confirm this happens on the PC too and it has nothing to do with overheating...I'd say it is a graphical issue. Hopefully it gets fixed in 4.0.

Agreed!

m355y
05-12-2017, 12:04
Yep, this is an annoying one whether it's a graphical glitch or whatever.

Zaskarspants
05-12-2017, 12:10
Is this only online?
i checked three very different cars offline on three circuits yesterday and I can only get tyre smoke when I try really hard by doing dough-nuts. I had none at all during racing.

I use loose settings and zero assists.

edit - note, xbox x so still on patch2, that stopped the excessive smoke that others are reporting.

jimortality
05-12-2017, 12:18
Lol, I think it's a really cool effect seeing smoke in your rear-view mirror. It doesn't detract from the experience for me.

slider916
05-12-2017, 12:26
I'm on PC and see this as well with the LMP2 and Touring Cars.

Keena
05-12-2017, 12:27
Is this only online?
i checked three very different cars offline on three circuits yesterday and I can only get tyre smoke when I try really hard by doing dough-nuts. I had none at all during racing.

I use loose settings and zero assists.

edit - note, xbox x so still on patch2, that stopped the excessive smoke that others are reporting.

No happening in career mode for me.

Zaskarspants
05-12-2017, 12:30
No happening in career mode for me.

Ah, I was in quick race. I look again later.

Plato99
05-12-2017, 16:13
Happens in Career mode too. DTMs in the Audi.
It's like a damp barbeque on wheels.

Keena
05-12-2017, 16:22
Happens in Career mode too. DTMs in the Audi.
It's like a damp barbeque on wheels.

Or a car full of people vaping.. :very_drunk:

FxUK
05-12-2017, 16:26
Lol, I think it's a really cool effect seeing smoke in your rear-view mirror. It doesn't detract from the experience for me.

It's a cool effect, yeah.. but I would prefer it to (a) show when applicable and (b) be shown to and from other players in MP, where applicable.
It's no big deal though ;)

Marlborofranz
05-12-2017, 16:29
Or a car full of people vaping.. :very_drunk:

But I only vape on the start/finish straight during racing, not in turns. I seriously do :D

STaLLiOnO
08-12-2017, 23:47
Is this a bug, or is my settings messed up?

Ian Bell
09-12-2017, 00:24
Is this a bug, or is my settings messed up?

It's a bug yes. It'll be sorted in Patch 4.

STaLLiOnO
09-12-2017, 00:54
Okay, thanks for the reply.

Charger
09-12-2017, 01:40
Lol. I quite like it, feels like you're drifting every corner........badly

Cheesenium
09-12-2017, 02:33
Thank you for the update, Ian.

Azure Flare
09-12-2017, 03:47
Damn, they're taking my smokescreen away!

Maurice Boeschen
09-12-2017, 09:27
It's a bug yes. It'll be sorted in Patch 4.

finally, great :)

MaximusN
09-12-2017, 10:12
Damn, they're taking my smokescreen away!
He'll have none of that! ;)

Konan
09-12-2017, 10:26
finally, great :)

I myself don't consider this a game breaking issue....so you could have done without the "finally"...

johnnyone
09-12-2017, 11:07
Turn Particles off,no smoke in mirror.

Ex01
09-12-2017, 14:25
@Konan

This is the terrible moderator attitude that makes the forums a terrible place to be, you guys are way to high and mighty, how about you release a product without such basic errors first? And stop getting defensive because customers are fed up with it? its like "How dare you point out or obvious failing that should never have passed testing in the first place but we have your money now".

Honestly if I could get a full refund for this product I would, it's not just the half baked product that got released but the absolutely garbage attitude of the staff on these forums unless you kiss ass.

m00lean
09-12-2017, 14:38
@Konan

This is the terrible moderator attitude that makes the forums a terrible place to be, you guys are way to high and mighty, how about you release a product without such basic errors first? And stop getting defensive because customers are fed up with it? its like "How dare you point out or obvious failing that should never have passed testing in the first place but we have your money now".

Honestly if I could get a full refund for this product I would, it's not just the half baked product that got released but the absolutely garbage attitude of the staff on these forums unless you kiss ass.

It's posts like yours that make the mods behave angry and defensive.

Malcstar
09-12-2017, 14:44
Well I for one can't wait for that to be resolved. Smoke is a great indicator and for me is more easier to look at visual cues than telemetry on screen, like numbers and stuff.

Konan
09-12-2017, 14:45
@Konan

First of all i haven't released anything.
Second: I really don't need guys like you...WMD members with a pityful 22 post count to tell me what to do...
Shows how much you contributed to the development of the first release...
Third : the tyre smoke really ISN'T an urgent issue that it has to receive a "finally" comment...

MaximusN
09-12-2017, 15:02
It's posts like yours that make the mods behave angry and defensive.
Not only them, not only them. I'm really fed up with these caustic, entitled people/kids disturbing the atmosphere for really noting actually.

Maurice Boeschen
09-12-2017, 16:49
First of all i haven't released anything.
Second: I really don't need guys like you...WMD members with a pityful 22 post count to tell me what to do...
Shows how much you contributed to the development of the first release...
Third : the tyre smoke really ISN'T an urgent issue that it has to receive a "finally" comment...

It was a "finally" because for me as WMD2 member this issue is there since a year or so and it really was one of the more annoying bugs for me - in fact all graphics bugs are concerning me.
Therefore the finally.

Anyway, glad its "finally" being resolved. :D

Konan
09-12-2017, 17:19
It was a "finally" because for me as WMD2 member this issue is there since a year or so and it really was one of the more annoying bugs for me - in fact all graphics bugs are concerning me.
Therefore the finally.

Anyway, glad its "finally" being resolved. :D

Wasn't supposed to become such a big deal in the first place....let's move on before the smoke clears (pun intended) :cool:

Brandon Pisz
09-12-2017, 17:32
Recently I've been grinding the GT3/Road class cars (McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3 RS, ETC) and every turn there is an odd amount of tyre smoke in my mirrors. I was on Circuit of The Americas in a GT3 race in my 650S GT3 race car and every-single-turn I felt like I was in a drift tuned Honda. Please fix, I have seen other posts and thread covering this issue as well. Please fix
Thanks!

-Brandon

Benja190782
09-12-2017, 19:37
It's gonna be fixed, Brandon.

Jesup16
10-12-2017, 00:31
The fact that this problem exists in a production version of the software shows a lack QA by the dev's... please fix ASAP.

peterCars
10-12-2017, 01:04
for me it makes up for not being able to see the rear tyres in open wheelers. funny that the excuse is that is is too hard on the graphics to show the tyres, but we have plenty of smoke particles in those side (and rear view if on) mirrors.
same for me, worse since the patch. I have tyre wear and pits off for now so it means not much to me apart from knowing that the tyres are still on.

Azure Flare
10-12-2017, 04:31
The fact that this problem exists in a production version of the software shows a lack QA by the dev's... please fix ASAP.

It's going to be fixed in the next patch.

Seriously people, it is a known issue, and is going to be fixed. You can stop posting about it now.

Konan
10-12-2017, 07:39
Indeed...closed