PDA

View Full Version : Position penalty bug

CoproManiac
03-12-2017, 01:34
I forgot to put on my limiter in the pits, got penalized for this.
Qualifying session ends, results screen comes up, no penalty given to me.
Race starts, still no penalty.

beatrunner
03-12-2017, 19:56
you had no startposition penalty?...maybe penalties were off? or you were last anyway in quali?
or what kind of penalty would you "have needed"?

CoproManiac
03-12-2017, 21:24
you had no startposition penalty?...maybe penalties were off? or you were last anyway in quali?
or what kind of penalty would you "have needed"?

Sorry, it was really late when I wrote the post, now I see I wasn't really clear in making my point lol :)

I was penalized 2 positions for speeding in the pitlane. I qualified in 4th, I started the race in 4th when I should've started in 6th due to the penalty.
I got footage if needed.

satco1066
06-12-2017, 14:13
check your screenshots. what about the 2 drivers behind you. if the got also position penalties, it would be right.
I remember many penalties in the list weren't shown to all members.

CoproManiac
06-12-2017, 16:06

TrouserOwner
07-12-2017, 01:42
Oh shit, that’s me in pole. :D Hi Mum!

Was it mid-session when you got the penalty or at the end, in the final lap by any chance?

CoproManiac
07-12-2017, 10:27
Oh shit, that’s me in pole. :D Hi Mum!

Was it mid-session when you got the penalty or at the end, in the final lap by any chance?

Hello mr TrouserOwner :p
I got the penalty during qualifying, I can't remember exactly how much time was left. I used the instant replay function from Shadowplay to record it, the footage starts with 2 minutes left in qualifying session, but I got the penalty before that.
I'd say there was 5-7 minutes left in the qualifying session when I got the penalty, but this is an estimation as I'm not sure and it's been a couple of days since it happened.
I will retest this bug later today and will provide some more details (if I can replicate it, that is).

btw, I own trousers aswell lmao xD

TrouserOwner
08-12-2017, 01:23
I own several trousers! That’s why when the random username generator suggested it to me, it really spoke to me. It understood me.

Yeah so no idea what might be causing your penalty bug, but I’ve seen all sorts of similar strange behaviour with time penalties, not sure I could even describe some of them.

Had a mad one this eve. I qualified 4th at Catalunya, started the race. Got the Syncing message for what seamed longer than usual, then the lights went green and I almost smacked in P2 who didn’t even move. Nor did any of the other cars. I carried on around the lap on my own, no penalty at all I might add, trying to work out if the race had started for everyone else, slowed down and then the pack caught me up. They must have been a god 10 seconds behind.

Finished the race in 4th I think, but got awarded 1st! The total time was crazy too, it had me down as 9mins something and everyone else over 11 mins.

Oh what happened at Monza this eve when we were battling for pole? Qualie ended, got the lap times view but it just got stuck in Waiting. Waited a good 5mins and then just had to quit the game as there’s no buttons to click on on the view. Very frustrating.

CoproManiac
08-12-2017, 10:31
Oh what happened at Monza this eve when we were battling for pole? Qualie ended, got the lap times view but it just got stuck in Waiting. Waited a good 5mins and then just had to quit the game as there’s no buttons to click on on the view. Very frustrating.

Same here, had to tab out and close the game through task manager. I waited for 3 minutes, no button to return the race central showed up.
I think the host was bugged or AFK, I'm not sure why the button to return to race central never showed up. I even tried kicking him in the hope others would kick him too, to force the race to start or for someone else to become the host lol.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58514-Bug-at-Results-Screen&p=1442247#post1442247

CoproManiac
08-12-2017, 17:21
Re-tested this bug, and it's easy to replicate. All you have to do is join a qualifying session which has manual pitstops, speed in the pits, receive a +1 grid position penalty and join the race.
No penalties handed out.

+2 Positions, left top

2 Grid positions penalty during qualifying session

2 Grid positions penalty at the results screen

Starting in first, even with the penalty

No penalties handed out when the race was over

Krobo
08-12-2017, 19:34
Had a mad one this eve. I qualified 4th at Catalunya, started the race. Got the Syncing message for what seamed longer than usual, then the lights went green and I almost smacked in P2 who didnít even move. Nor did any of the other cars. I carried on around the lap on my own, no penalty at all I might add, trying to work out if the race had started for everyone else, slowed down and then the pack caught me up. They must have been a god 10 seconds behind.

Finished the race in 4th I think, but got awarded 1st! The total time was crazy too, it had me down as 9mins something and everyone else over 11 mins.

Sounds like you were out of sync with the server ? do you have any overclocks going on with your sys ?

If this was a one time thing it was prob server related ,I have seen it a few times when the server was laggy/bugged,out of sync..

For the grid penalties for speeding I cannot replicate it ..I get the penalty every time .. Also in our league racing we have not had this issue ,they seem to be working for us ..Im one of the admins and get to here the crying over the grid spots lost because of speeding lol ;-) ..

I agree The stuck WAITING thing is some how related to when the host merges to another player & that player has no clue he is now host or the servers out of sync !! only the HOST will get the "CONTINUE" button, the rest will see "WAITING" until the game syncs and host hits the button ..

TrouserOwner
09-12-2017, 04:40
Nope, no overclocks. It’s only happened this once.

satco1066
11-12-2017, 00:40
I agree The stuck WAITING thing is some how related to when the host merges to another player & that player has no clue he is now host or the servers out of sync !! only the HOST will get the "CONTINUE" button, the rest will see "WAITING" until the game syncs and host hits the button ..

With patch 3 the wait button got red to avoid leaving the session.
Maybe w should get a flashing "CONTINUE" button with patch 4