PDA

View Full Version : Excellent job on patch

MISTER WU
03-12-2017, 02:30
Can i just say what might have been said a million times but after this latest patch i can now blip the gas and with confidence go from 3rd to 2nd and even first with out the back end of the car locking up.
The VR seems smoother? Also the edit setup saves instantly now with no delay.

About the only thing i am seeing is shadows shimmering off trees in VR (Oculus), just did 14 laps at monza and man them trees where distracting LOL.

Anyway, im sure I and other will again clock up over 1000 hours on this game now.

PS:If anyone hasnt tried VR and pcars2, then you really need to. I cant explain the feeling you get from VR and over taking:yes::yes: a car and then looking out the window!

Ian Bell
03-12-2017, 02:31
Can i just say what might have been said a million times but after this latest patch i can now blip the gas and with confidence go from 3rd to 2nd and even first with out the back end of the car locking up.

About the only thing i am seeing is shadows shimmering off trees in VR (Oculus), just did 14 laps at monza and man them trees where distracting LOL.

Anyway, im sure I and other will again clock up over 1000 hours on this game now.

PS:If anyone hasnt tried VR and pcars2, then you really need to. I cant explain the feeling you get from VR and over taking:yes::yes: a car and then looking out the window!

Put your shadow detail to ultra for the tree issue. We're looking into this for the next patch.

MISTER WU
03-12-2017, 20:45
No worries i shall try that as i always have shadows on low.
Man i had some fun yesterday, if only the missus would understand hey!

MISTER WU
04-12-2017, 23:26
Ok i turned the shadows up and i think that solved the issue mate.
I normally had them on low as it gave me better FPS but in VR it doesnt seem to impact on FPS for me hey.

Gregz0r
05-12-2017, 09:09

The sense of scale, spatial depth and proximity is so visceral in VR, that I basically refuse to drive in ‘2D’ these days.
I only load up the non-VR state, to watch the replays.

flowerdealer
06-12-2017, 22:00
Put your shadow detail to ultra for the tree issue. We're looking into this for the next patch.

Ultra helps a lot, and doesn't seem to give too bad of a hit to performance (I have terrible performance but I believe it's a Windows MR issue). It would be nice to have improved antialiasing at a distance, for some reason, close objects (even small detail on the car) look nice and smooth, but but detail at distance looks extremely jagged unless you really up the supersampling. From what I've heard this is more pronounced on the Vive and WinodwsMR than it is on the Oculus, for some reason.

MISTER WU
06-12-2017, 23:55
Ultra helps a lot, and doesn't seem to give too bad of a hit to performance (I have terrible performance but I believe it's a Windows MR issue). It would be nice to have improved antialiasing at a distance, for some reason, close objects (even small detail on the car) look nice and smooth, but but detail at distance looks extremely jagged unless you really up the supersampling. From what I've heard this is more pronounced on the Vive and WinodwsMR than it is on the Oculus, for some reason.

Yeah i get a lot of jaggies in the distance but all i do is lean right back and hit the centre screen button i assigned and that brings the FOV up to me a little closer in the rift.
All i do is look down at my lap in the game and then bring it slightly forward so i can see half my arms or there abouts.

Just love this VR stuff hey, i even sold 2 of my 27 inch triple screens because i cant go back to 2D lol.