PDA

View Full Version : Just had one of the best races I've ever had in my life!

snipeme77
03-12-2017, 04:31
This is one of the times I wish the Xbox Record that thing, lasted like 10 minutes. I just had one of the most incredible online races I've ever had in my life!

So here was the lowdown, LMP2 at Indy Road Course for a 10 minute race... I qualified 4th of 9 cars, with me running extremely competitive times to 2nd and 3rd place.

-Race starts, leader spins on his own coming out of turn 2. By the time lap 1 is over, we've split into 2 groups, top 3 with the pole position driver catching fast (He was lapping about 2 seconds a lap faster) and the 2nd group who missed qualifying. I'm in 3rd.

- 7 minutes to go, The driver who started pole comes up behind me like a freight train, and I let him by, starts mixing it up with the leaders. At some point the current leader of the race has spins and drops to 4th.

-6-5 minutes to go, The New leader (3rd leader of race) starts running away, and the pole position driver has a half spin, dropping him to 4th. Now 3rd and 4th place are fighting behind me, and their both faster than me. I eventually concede that I'm the slower car and get out of their way. 3rd place and 4th place touch coming onto the front straight, pole position driver gets the worse of it and eats @#!$.

3 ish minutes to go, 2nd place car takes lead and spins a few turns later, ends up behind me.

2 minutes to go. 3rd place gets past me, but I was running kind of slow as my tires were starting to overheat. As soon as he passed, I hit the fast switch.

Last lap, After tailing the 2nd place driver for 2 laps, last chicane I go for a pass. 2nd place blocks, I barely touch him but no damage done. we go through the infield bit in NASCAR turn 1, he runs wide coming back onto the front stretch. I get my nose underneath, but he was carrying more speed. We bump and bang all the way to the line, and I lose by less than a car length!

Easily one of the best finishes to a public lobby race I've ever had! Even though I finished 3rd, I'm pumped! It's moments like this that remind me of my Live For Speed days, that hooked me on Sim Racing as a hobby. It also moments like this that makes me want to forgive SMS for the poor release on console...

Also it speaks to SMS's licence system. We knew, going into the race how hard we could race each other and we ended up with a stunning multi lap battle!

Ian Bell
03-12-2017, 04:41
You were doing so well until 'poor release on console'... 85% poor! 10% more than the might Gran Tursmo 'poor!' :)

snipeme77
03-12-2017, 04:43
You were doing so well until 'poor release on console'... 85% poor!

It's rough on Xbox right now Ian, but I'm eagerly awaiting the 3.0 so I can continue my Career without the fear of losing it or burning the tires off my car every race.

LOL I Saw that double post...

Ian Bell
03-12-2017, 04:43
It's rough on Xbox right now Ian, but I'm eagerly awaiting the 3.0 so I can continue my Career without the fear of losing it or burning the tires off my car every race.

Fair. That and saving is sorted. Still 85% though :)

WGIstation6a
03-12-2017, 05:11
I saw that lobby tonight, tried to join and couldn’t get in. Glad you had some good racing.

fresquito
03-12-2017, 08:40

LOL I Saw that double post...
Wasn't 3.0 released last week?

Roger Prynne
03-12-2017, 09:03
^ On PC yes on consoles no.

demadou
07-12-2017, 06:21
And Ian Bell continues to tease without answering direct question about the patch.
Your communication is awkward.