PDA

View Full Version : $H#T JUST GOT REAL

missy455
03-12-2017, 08:33
Umm, I'm blown away by the IR-12 Chevy Road....Took it out on Nords and kept driving in amazement. I'm a fanboy of RF2 and their Dallara just got it's a$$ handed to it. The 69' Camaro is epic, and the Ferrari's were fantastic. From FFB to sounds, with what I've driven so far, I do believe Pcars2 just took top spot in the sim world.

*I've noticed some replays were a little blurry at times(It may be a part of the effect the devs were going for though unless I'm mistaken), it seems "choppy, or stuttery" at certain points and there's smoke coming from a couple of cars. I haven't seen anything weird from the AI yet, which is strange, because everyone seems to be talking bad about it (I don't see it though)

Well, I've given it a go now twice on someone else's potato, and that will be all...I'm purchasing this game at full price. Wow, great effort SMS. Congratulations.;)

John Hargreaves
03-12-2017, 08:39
Come on in mate you're very welcome, enjoy yourself.

LockeChris
03-12-2017, 09:02
And you have only just barely touched the surface... ;)

GTsimms
03-12-2017, 10:08
Umm, I'm blown away by the IR-12 Chevy Road....Took it out on Nords and kept driving in amazement. I'm a fanboy of RF2 and their Dallara just got it's a$$ handed to it. The 69' Camaro is epic, and the Ferrari's were fantastic. From FFB to sounds, with what I've driven so far, I do believe Pcars2 just took top spot in the sim world.

*I've noticed some replays were a little blurry at times(It may be a part of the effect the devs were going for though unless I'm mistaken), it seems "choppy, or stuttery" at certain points and there's smoke coming from a couple of cars. I haven't seen anything weird from the AI yet, which is strange, because everyone seems to be talking bad about it (I don't see it though)

Well, I've given it a go now twice on someone else's potato, and that will be all...I'm purchasing this game at full price. Wow, great effort SMS. Congratulations.;)

Only, if the rest of the sim racing community would understand it! Because, the further they progress towards real life. They will be getting closer to a title like this one.

missy455
03-12-2017, 10:18
Only, if the rest of the sim racing community would understand it!
Well, It will eventually. I don't believe it has a choice. IMO, I think this is going to be a situation where the early impression before the patch (1.3.0.0) and the "bad press" will have to come to terms just as I did. Like the saying goes..."It all comes out in the wash"

tpw
03-12-2017, 11:10
I haven’t met a driving sim yet that was released in a decent state, and have come to expect that ongoing incremental patches will gradually bring things up to standard, with some sims more gradual than others. But with pCars2, patch 1.3 is in my opinion transformative. The improvements to AI consistency between and within series, between tracks, and between weather conditions, have been astounding. The sounds, particularly the woeful external replays, have been made so much more aggressive and punchy. The handling and FFB, which I personally already felt was fantastic, is even better. The performance has improved. Basically, this very ambitious game is finally really starting to live up to its potential. Obviously there are still improvements and refinements to be made, but after 1.3 I have a lot more faith that the devs will deliver them. Well done guys!

Keena
03-12-2017, 11:47
^ +1 :)

missy455
04-12-2017, 11:55
I just want to add that the feeling of "pull" you get from the gear changes in cars like the Ford Zakspeed Capri and Ferrari F40 LM make it all the more authentic and immersive. I can't go on doing this (posting) as I keep familiarizing myself with the lineup, but I just wanted to give a shout out to @Doug Arnao and Andrew Webber and the whole dept really, (I couldn't catch the names as the credits fell fast enough lol) but you guys did an amazing thing here. Thanks.:eagerness:

*I will be submitting a review and spreading my experiences among the "community" in the near future.

Plato99
04-12-2017, 12:02
Wait until you’ve driven Tourers around Knockhill. Your trousers will explode.

Dady Cairo
04-12-2017, 12:04
And now youre a "Fanboy " of SMS too....:monkey:
DC

LUN4T1C
04-12-2017, 12:07
A lot of the negative comments about PC2 came from fanboys of other games. "PC is simcade" But if you ask them if they tried PC2 the answer is no.. So they judge PC2 by how PC1 was. Also people talk about how the physics are rubbish, but they can't tell you what is wrong, or they will point to one of the vintage cars. Which obviously is not fair as you can't expect SMS to get to drive all these valuable vintage cars to test them.

missy455
04-12-2017, 12:28
Wait until you’ve driven Tourers around Knockhill. Your trousers will explode.
lol

And now youre a "Fanboy " of SMS too....:monkey:
DC
It would appear so:D

John Hargreaves
04-12-2017, 12:34
The more the merrier, glad you chaps are having a good time.

missy455
04-12-2017, 12:46
A lot of the negative comments about PC2 came from fanboys of other games. "PC is simcade" But if you ask them if they tried PC2 the answer is no.. So they judge PC2 by how PC1 was. Also people talk about how the physics are rubbish, but they can't tell you what is wrong, or they will point to one of the vintage cars. Which obviously is not fair as you can't expect SMS to get to drive all these valuable vintage cars to test them.

Well, it also exposes the psychological phenomenon known as "ignorance". However, I'm not immune either..I pre-purchased the game (Deluxe) and returned it, thus joining the naysayers that believed it would be faulty and forgotten. Funny story... So, my nephew kept his copy and after hearing about the patches and my nephew telling me about a car that looked like my old one (69 Camaro RS) in the game, I drove 48km to visit along with a spare G27 wheel and asked him to close his Facebook page and "skoot over".. I proceeded to check out the Camaro and was floored. I then did the polite thing and chatted with the relatives and left. Went back and tried the Dallara and others on a couple of tracks and learned that I judged this game prematurely. I also learned that I just missed out on a 40% sale:mad::applause:

missy455
04-12-2017, 14:58
And watching the front tires "flex" when hitting the runners on the open wheel cars...:love_heart:

RacingAtHome
04-12-2017, 15:24

Either way, the Lotus 49 is awesome to drive.

Doug914
04-12-2017, 15:56
I just want to add that the feeling of "pull" you get from the gear changes in cars like the Ford Zakspeed Capri and Ferrari F40 LM make it all the more authentic and immersive. I can't go on doing this (posting) as I keep familiarizing myself with the lineup, but I just wanted to give a shout out to @Doug Arnao and Andrew Webber and the whole dept really, (I couldn't catch the names as the credits fell fast enough lol) but you guys did an amazing thing here. Thanks.:eagerness:

*I will be submitting a review and spreading my experiences among the "community" in the near future.

Casey Ringley, And Jussi K-something (i can't spell his last name :))

VelvetTorpedo
04-12-2017, 16:54
All wizards in my eyes

smartin13
04-12-2017, 17:20
Casey Ringley, And Jussi K-something (i can't spell his last name :))

Jussi Karjalainen

Sampo
04-12-2017, 21:02
Nah, let's call him Jussi K-something from now on :)

JohnSchoonsBeard
04-12-2017, 21:13
Nah, let's call him Jussi K-something from now on :)

Jussi Jolly Car

missy455
09-12-2017, 08:51
I haven't seen anything weird from the AI yet, which is strange, because everyone seems to be talking bad about it (I don't see it though)

I've noticed on Monza, the race with the AI was great until the last corner of the last lap...The remaining (4 cars) slowed so much that I almost crashed into all of em lol. ( 10 lap race with IR-12 Chevy Road @ Monza w/same car)
*Also, on occassion, I see slight stuttering while racing during corners and high speed corners. (Not AI, the screen while playing)

I'm too lazy to look where or if this has been posted, so I will drop a line on this thread as to anything that strikes me as odd behaviour, or bad experiences in general. ;)

Cheers.

Konan
09-12-2017, 08:54
The remaining (4 cars) slowed so much that I almost crashed into all of em lol.

maybe a silly question but you weren't by any chance in the cooldown lap?

missy455
09-12-2017, 08:57
Not silly at all, but no, it was the final lap chasing the checkered!

missy455
09-12-2017, 09:02
maybe a silly question but you weren't by any chance in the cooldown lap?

But, best let me verify with another go at it.

missy455
09-12-2017, 10:16
But, best let me verify with another go at it.

Ok, verified. Also (because of time) I shortened the race to 5 laps as I had some trouble with a couple of starts (some my bad, and AI being a bit aggressive) but managed two more complete 5 lap races and both times the AI held back on the final lap as to say "here ya go, you can have it". Kept it basically default, no formation lap, Grid size=15 but changed Opponent Skill Level to 65 and then 80 on the other race, Opponent aggression=50 Grid Position=Last

So I suppose one should ask if this gets eliminated if you crank up the Opponent Skill Level? I can't answer that really with testing I don't think as I'm having a blast running with the AI with these levels (65-75) but I know from these tests that I would be driving by myself with this maxed out..lol.

*I had a blast racing close so it's far from fubar...

Konan
09-12-2017, 10:18
Ok, verified. Also (because of time) I shortened the race to 5 laps as I had some trouble with a couple of starts (some my bad, and AI being a bit aggressive) but managed two more complete 5 lap races and both times the AI held back on the final lap as to say "here ya go, you can have it". Kept it basically default, no formation lap, Grid size=15 but changed Opponent Skill Level to 65 and then 80 on the other race, Opponent aggression=50 Grid Position=Last

So I suppose one should ask if this gets eliminated if you crank up the Opponent Skill Level? I can't answer that really with testing I don't think as I'm having a blast running with the AI with these levels (65-75) but I know from these tests that I would be driving by myself with this maxed out..lol.

*I had a blast racing close so it's far from fubar...

I'll notify the devs to take a look into it...

Tony Smith
09-12-2017, 14:45

So that's where Doug ended up.

missy455
09-02-2018, 20:45
Wow, @Doug914 the AI improvements are fantastic! Thank you very much gentleman. Raced the Monza and Road America so far, and I had a blast.:cool:

Great job guys, keep it coming. *Definitely deserves everyone's $upport and respect. Thanks again.