PDA

View Full Version : We need a banning system!

valfar
03-12-2017, 13:12
Game 1: Started 3rd on Monza. Got to 1st after the first couple of turns. Second lap, first S-turn the ass**** on 2 straight up rammed me, pushing me WAY off the track. He then was first, with no penalty...
I raced like a madman and caught him. I rammed him several times, making him place last. I shouldn't do this, but it's so damn maddening!

Started 5th on a 20 lap race on Monza. Survived the first couple of turns, ended up 3rd. Passed the 2nd cleanly.
Slowly but surely (about 4-5 laps) I gained on 1st. Didn't want to try a risky overtake, so I followed for a few laps until I saw a good oppurtunity to pass. He messed up the second to last turn which cave me a 100% clean oppurtunity to pass. The bastard RAN STRAIGHT INTO ME while I was on his side, made me crash and end up the wrong way with my car.
I lost over 20 seconds and ended up third, he was 0.5 seconds behind 1st after the crash.

If he was in the the room with me I would punch him in the face, repeatedly...

What can we do to stop these lowlife pieces of cardboard??
Should I just join a league? How do I do that??

Rossi46 (NL)
03-12-2017, 13:21
first : Breathe in......breathe out........ (repeat)
second : So you are the same sort of player like the one who rammed you, nothing else i can say about it........you are doing just the same thing. If this happens and you can't deal with it.....repeat first message and calm down :p
Get out of public lobby's and join a decent racing group to avoid these guys.

Mad Al
03-12-2017, 13:23
and what were the ratings on these lobbies ?

valfar
03-12-2017, 13:27
first : Breathe in......breathe out........ (repeat)
second : So you are the same sort of player like the one who rammed you, nothing else i can say about it........you are doing just the same thing. If this happens and you can't deal with it.....repeat first message and calm down :p
Get out of public lobby's and join a decent racing group to avoid these guys.

I never, ever, ever instigate these cowardass moves.. You mean I should just let it happen to me, without giving back if I have a chance? What message does that send? "Please cheat more, since it has no reprocussions". No way...

SaxonRaider
03-12-2017, 13:35
I never, ever, ever instigate these cowardass moves.. You mean I should just let it happen to me, without giving back if I have a chance? What message does that send? "Please cheat more, since it has no reprocussions". No way...

Two wrongs do not make a right. Lead by example.

Sum Dixon-Ear
03-12-2017, 13:38
Rammers are vermin... but retaliation is not the answer, especially with a safety rating in place. If you rise to the antics of cheats then your ratings will go down/stagnate and you will never be able to progress to lobbies with better/more honest racers. You will forever languish in the cesspit of poor sportsmanship.

Gobby
03-12-2017, 14:20
Agreed...you should be banned from multiplayer

Pete Gaimari
03-12-2017, 14:24

Let's see. You're going to punch him in the face and then ram him on purpose on the track. Do you really think you're any better than him? I don't. Grow up!

Markus Ott
03-12-2017, 14:28
This thread ends up like every other thread with that topic although everyone is aware of the issue.
First people will ask you what ratings these guys had (what doesn't really matter as unsafe driving and angry kid behaviour can be found in every rating).
You will tell them what ratings they were.
They will will tell you to find a lobby with higher ratings (that don't exist), open a high rated lobby yourself (that takes ages to get drivers on if any at all) or find a community to race with.

People don't realize the majority of players don't want to find a league (that can't be run because of the DS issues) or a community. They want to go online and have decent fun. At any time.
Truth is that the license system doesn't work with people who don't care and as all the crowded lobbies are U, F or off there is no disadvantage for them to drive like maniacs.
Banning und clean racing won't happen until an online service is started and fees can be used to pay people to watch replays of incidents.

By the way: others being assholes doesn't give you the right to be an asshole. This is a big problem of the MP, people think it is their god given right to behave like the track only belongs to them and they are entitled to certain positions.

valfar
03-12-2017, 14:31
Ok then, let's just welcome the shitty drivers who can't accept being passed. Let them do whatever they want with no repercussions.. Let's also pretend it isn't human to get mad or emotional when someone cheats against you. Robot mode initiated.

Markus Ott
03-12-2017, 14:36
When you are in a cockpit emotions are indeed wrong. They are for after the race.
I don't see how you make the situation better by crashing them yourself other than making them even more mad and they crashing you for it. You don't help the situation at all, not in that single case and not overall.

valfar
03-12-2017, 14:37
When you are in a cockpit emotions are indeed wrong. They are for after the race.

Get off your horse dude.

Why don't we discuss solutions instead of this nonsense?

Gran Turismo has an OK solution, where you're limited in speed for some seconds after ramming someone.
More speed upon impact = longer speed limiter.

Pete Gaimari
03-12-2017, 14:39
Ok then, let's just welcome the shitty drivers who can't accept being passed. Let them do whatever they want with no repercussions.. Let's also pretend it isn't human to get mad or emotional when someone cheats against you. Robot mode initiated.

No, we all get mad, but are mature enough to hold it in. There are ways to handle this, but hitting him back isn't one of them. The system needs work as it is.

Keena
03-12-2017, 14:41
The best suggesti9n I've seen so far is damage on and races of a minimum duration, so rammers get radiator damage and they either pit or engine blows..

JJ Addison
I don't know why this is even a conversation? If you are serious about sim racing and put a lot of effort into working on your car then just join one of the many great sim racing leagues that are out there. That's where the racing is. Not jumping online with these wacknuts and then complaining about it. There is no way to change that. You will be banning everyone!

ELAhrairah

You got provoced and went all in, not very smart.Join a league. You already answered your own question. And don't ram people, even when they deserve it. It denegrades your own safety licence too.
Its a game, nice to see you are so passionate about it but RELAX dude.

valfar
03-12-2017, 14:42
No, we all get mad, but are mature enough to hold it in. There are ways to handle this, but hitting him back isn't one of them. The system needs work as it is.

So everyone is mature expect me, huh? You people..

I can show you at least 10 quick examples of real racing drivers getting pisses cause of mistakes or stupid driving from competitors. Are you better than real racing drivers too?

Keena
03-12-2017, 14:43
Deep breath everyone. You don't have to react to every little perceived attack..

Pete Gaimari
03-12-2017, 14:46

I can show you at least 10 quick examples of real racing drivers getting pisses cause of mistakes or stupid driving from competitors. Are you better than real racing drivers too huh?

Yes, real drivers get mad and start fights. It's human nature. They also get penalized for it. Is that your goal? To get knocked out of a race and then get penalized too? Let me guess. You're a teenager?

Markus Ott
03-12-2017, 14:47
SMS heard A LOT of solutions and ideas to the problem. But if they don't see the possibility to make something like iRacing or maybe GT Sport happening, open lobbies are just what they are: clusterfuck.

There is also a difference between being emotional or turning yourself into one of the guys you are complaing about. You'd be banned from the iRacing service before any of the the guys you mentioned in the OP because in your case the crashing is 100% on purpose. Think about it.

Zaskarspants
03-12-2017, 14:48

I can show you at least 10 quick examples of real racing drivers getting pisses cause of mistakes or stupid driving from competitors. Are you better than real racing drivers too?

I think it may be because real drivers might die or end up in hospital.

valfar
03-12-2017, 14:48
Your argument doesn't even make sense.

Ochilbaz
03-12-2017, 14:49
I don't know why this is even a conversation? If you are serious about sim racing and put a lot of effort into working on your car then just join one of the many great sim racing leagues that are out there. That's where the racing is. Not jumping online with these wacknuts and then complaining about it. There is no way to change that. You will be banning everyone!

I agree wholeheartedly, with myself being new to PC gaming (although not new to sim racing as I've had an Xbox forever), I would love to join a good quality PC racing club. Unfortunately I don't know where to look. I consider myself a clean racer although I am human and do make mistakes. I am uk based and can race most evenings. If someone could point me in the right direction it will be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Baz

Killg0re NL
03-12-2017, 14:50
I havn't raced much online. Because am i affraid of these examples. I can make an mistake unporpose, but so can other drivers.

In this case. The assumption from you is he did this on purpose.
So you ramm him back, leaving the opponent with the feeling you did hÝm injustice and provoce him to ramm you the next time (on purpose this time, hence 'you' started)

ctzn
03-12-2017, 14:53
Give it time and the MP rating system will work itself out. If you're a bad driver, you'll get stuck with other bad drivers and will not be able to join higher ranked lobbies. If you continue to race clean, you'll get paired with clean drivers. Be careful on which lobbies you choose to join. Those who continue to ram and don't care about other players on the grid will not be able to participate in the higher ranked lobbies. Yes, I agree it's frustrating to lose points/having a race ruined when you aren't the one causing accidents, but in the end it will weed out all of the over aggressive kids who can't drive properly.

No need to retaliate ram, that will only drag you down with them...

Markus Ott
03-12-2017, 14:53
I agree wholeheartedly, with myself being new to PC gaming (although not new to sim racing as I've had an Xbox forever), I would love to join a good quality PC racing club. Unfortunately I don't know where to look. I consider myself a clean racer although I am human and do make mistakes. I am uk based and can race most evenings. If someone could point me in the right direction it will be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Baz

ART or RWB guys can be found on discord. Ask them.

valfar
03-12-2017, 14:55
I havn't raced much online. Because am i affraid of these examples. I can make an mistake unporpose, but so can other drivers.

In this case. The assumption from you is he did this on purpose.
So you ramm him back, leaving the opponent with the feeling you did hÝm injustice and provoce him to ramm you the next time (on purpose this time, hence 'you' started)

He drove the track like he knew it pretty well, starting in pole top 3. He rammed me haard in a very slow turn, and again drove pretty good after the ramming.
Unless his brakes failed, it wasn't an accident.

I did have some very exciting neck and neck driving with a couple of other guys, so it isn't all bad.

Pete Gaimari
03-12-2017, 15:19
He don't sound like a wrecker. It might have been a mistake hitting you.

solocapers
03-12-2017, 15:25
and what were the ratings on these lobbies ?

Well you see, while that logic may be sound as I see where your going theres a slight problem which you and everyone else must surely know about....

Its called being unable to filter lobbies by safety rating!!!!!! - In true half assed fashion we have a max view of 20 lobbies for some unknown reason, mostly these are already in a race and we are unable to set a minimum rank to filter out all of the "U" rank races and therefore, unless you are racing as part of a league then the MP lobbies are a waste of time as you WILL be punted off when you actually find a race that isnt in progress already.

Its an absolute farce and a waste of time having a driver rating for public lobbies when every lobby that you see when you hit refresh is "U100"

Ive managed to get myself to A rank but ive now given up with PCars 2 online for the last month until better filters are put in place. We shouldn't have to be forced to join a racing league for clean racing with specific race times which is hard when you have other commitements.

A simple addition of decent filters would solve most of the problems avoiding idiots. I mean.. seriously.. how was that overlooked in the first place by SMS? Hopefully by the time we have proper filters the game wont be dead on public lobbies. However given the speed of patching so far (whilst these patches are admittedly in appearance, big) I suspect people would have long drifted over to another game.

Kinda the same how PCars 1 was.. by the time the game was running great most people had already moved on to something else as they had given up.

Mr.Fujiwara
03-12-2017, 19:07

To be fair the caliber of drivers are on two different fields. IRL, the drivers spend years honing their skills, and risk serious injury or even death. In contrast a sim racer spent a day working to get the cash up to purchase the game.

He drove the track like he knew it pretty well, starting in pole top 3. He rammed me haard in a very slow turn, and again drove pretty good after the ramming.
Unless his brakes failed, it wasn't an accident.

I did have some very exciting neck and neck driving with a couple of other guys, so it isn't all bad.

It could have been a simple case of distraction. maybe his button box came loose, or he couldn't find his headlight switch by feel so he/she looked over. If they drove well prior to the accident, and well after the accident, it was probably just an accident. I've never raced in a public lobby because honestly, I don't want the headache of an accident being mistaken. Everyone in my league knows me and knows that if we hit, it's an accident. Course I also wait for the other driver if I collide with one so we can start off fairly and as an apology to that driver.

I get your frustration though, but a ban system would be horrible and easily abused unless SMS reviewed each instance and that would require $$$ and time. Both of which ,in my opinion, could be better spent on Pcars2 itself.

FxUK
03-12-2017, 19:34

Thanks in advance
Baz

Click "RWB Racing" in my signature, I'm new to the group but it's completely changed the game for me, racing with these guys and gals. ;)

Ochilbaz
03-12-2017, 19:51
Click "RWB Racing" in my signature, I'm new to the group but it's completely changed the game for me, racing with these guys and gals. ;)

Many thanks swsuk
Baz

MISTER WU
03-12-2017, 22:24
Yes it can be frustrating, like yesterday i was racing at monza with a nearly full room.
2-3 seconds faster than everyone else but first corner get t-boned and end up last.
Long story short i had to pit, fix the car and then gathered up enough pace over 14 laps to go from last to 3rd gathering up 40 + seconds in the mean time.

One thing i find hard is when you have 2 wheels over a chicane and then it tells you to slow down but would be handy to have a timer letting count down to when i have to slow down.
Im niot even sure why i get penalty's for, maybe too much kerb hop hey :|.

gelfie
03-12-2017, 23:11

If you run into an asshole in the morning then you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, then you're the asshole.

Egg90
03-12-2017, 23:25
Damn I hope I don't knock into you someday, sounds like you'd run me off the track and axe me to death in my burning cockpit.

biggbaddwolf
03-12-2017, 23:53
People, People, it is just a game!! Let's don't get our panties in a wad :) Any room I create I just turn off the bull cr@p rating thing anyway. Does the room host not have the ability to boot someone who is causing trouble? :confused:

davidt33
03-12-2017, 23:55

Have you considered just as you were trying hard to pass the guy on the bend, he may have been equally trying hard to keep his line around said bend? Trying to pass another driver especially at fast speeds around a bend is generally going to be tricky. Remember this is not like passing along a straight. Due care and attention should always be observed and the onus being on the driver behind as you have the better view of what's in front of you while the driver in front may not be as fortunate with behind view focussing mainly on what's in front of him, once again at fast speeds. And remember, patience is virtue.

biggbaddwolf
04-12-2017, 00:02
Get off your horse dude.

Why don't we discuss solutions instead of this nonsense?

Gran Turismo has an OK solution, where you're limited in speed for some seconds after ramming someone.
More speed upon impact = longer speed limiter.

Then go play GT Sport..personally I like that game too :) I would race ya :)

Mahjik
04-12-2017, 00:09
Ok, this thread isn't going anywhere.... I think enough has been said...